New Application: S. N. A. P.

Yes that line is the line that starts the standard unRaid Web interface.  In my go script every section that does a unique thing is encapsulated with comments so I don't forget why it is there e.g.:

# Start the Management Utility

logger -t "GOSCRIPT"  "Start the unRaid web GUI"

echo ">>>>> Start the unRaid web GUI"

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

sleep 2

the "sleep 2" line is there so if I am at the console I can see the various items

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is SNAP now dead?  I notice that the author has been absent for some time. I hope he is okay.

Queeg is just fine.  I have been in communication with him.  He says life has consumed him and he hasn't had an opportunity to work on SNAP.  I explained some of the issues with the GUI and not being able to mount drives.  I believe he will get back to it in time.

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this has already been asked but I couldn't see it in the FAQ in the first post.

I have the free version of unraid which is limited to 3 drives (1 parity and 2 data).

If I want to use this add on to add an extra drive outside of my array. It contains data I'm not interested in backing up. Do I need to increase my unraid license to one that allows more than 3 drives.

A better way of asking this is; are any drives added using this plugin counted as drives within your unraid license limit.

Any help appreciated.

A better way of asking this is; are any drives added using this plugin counted as drives within your unraid license limit.

No,  but they won't be protected

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Will install. Will my apple tv be able to see the files from the additional drive as a samba share?

No,  but they won't be protected

Thanks. Will install. Will my apple tv be able to see the files from the additional drive as a samba share?

I don't know about Apple TV, but I can see it in windows below //tower in network connections.

I think you can also see it as a disk share, but my system is set up to show only user shares.

How can I have my drive mount automatically after a reboot?

Ok I see you can use the following - /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b but this mounts it by share name.

I would like to have it mount like I do it manually from unMenu -

How can I envoke this in the Go script?

Hello everyone

Can anyony help using free version of unraid with 1 as parity and 2 data, got a 4th drive in my n40l, I can get the drive mounted with snap and can map the drive on any computer on my network

my problem is the mounted drive is logged on as root and wont let me write data to the disk saying i need permission

Any Ideas anyone pulling my hair out

Thanks

• 1 month later...

How do I remove a deprecated mount?  I've only used SNAP once and it was to mount a troubled drive after running reiserfsck --rebuild so I could manually reover the files it recovered.  I named the mount "BadDrive" and have since removed the drive and have rebooted unRAID many times, but it continues to show up in Windows Network under my unRAID computer.  I don;t see it listed under /mnt so I assume it is just a remnant showing in Windows, but I would like to get rid of it nonetheless.

hi all,

i try to mount a HFS+ TimeMachine HDD (tried two of them via esata and usb) but its alway can't find a partition.

when i look into /dev/disk/by-id there is a *-part1 partition. the mac can do TM backups.

i use the latest snap and 5rc8 unraid.

i see the hdd via -listDevInfo but cant mount it. why? is there something that i have to activate in the first place? please help asap, cause i want to start to copy all the content to my unraid server in the night. thanks in advance.

EDIT: is this a new version? http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=18046.0

• 1 month later...

What is my malfunction?!

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -listDevInfo

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3581  /dev/sdb  ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00S8B1_WD-WCAVY1866226

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3600  /dev/sdc  ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00S8B1_WD-WCAVY1871071

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3511  /dev/sda  ata-WDC_WD30EZRX-00MMMB0_WD-WCAWZ1980709

unRAID=No  SNAP=No  3552  /dev/hdb  ata-WDC_WD400BD-75JMA0_WD-WMAMA2270596

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3584  /dev/sdb  scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WCAVY1866226

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3603  /dev/sdc  scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WCAVY1871071

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3514  /dev/sda  scsi-SATA_WDC_WD30EZRX-00_WD-WCAWZ1980709

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3476  /dev/sdd  usb-SanDisk_Cruzer_3515420320A0F5D3-0:0

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -a WD-WMAMA2270596 Apps   

unRAID=No  SNAP=Yes 3552  /dev/hdb  ata-WDC_WD400BD-75JMA0_WD-WMAMA2270596

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -m WD-WMAMA2270596   

Partition doesn't exist, cannot be mounted.

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -s WD-WMAMA2270596   

Error: No such device exists: WD-WMAMA2270596-part1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so still somewhat of a newb here...  I have SNAP up and working, but all of the systems I would want to share a snaped drive with are Windows.  So, I need to do chmod and possibly chown at drive insertion so that my share can be accessed.  I have added this to the hotplug in for the device in question and it does not seem to do it...  chmod 666 /mnt/disk/2.5-320/*

If you can help, please do.  I get the standard "Windows cannot access /2.5-320" that I normally see if I do not set users/nobody and 666 on files.

Thanks Matt

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys - i noticed that the plugin for this app wasn't working.  it wouldn't find the file to download from google code.  im not a coder but i managed to get it working with a small fix (deleted a "-1" from the plugin posted).  i've attached a working version here

unfortunately i won't be able to help further if it doesn't work for you.  it's a great app and really deserves a working plugin!

Snap-5.09.zip

What is my malfunction?!

unRAID=No  SNAP=No  3552  /dev/hdb  ata-WDC_WD400BD-75JMA0_WD-WMAMA2270596

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -a WD-WMAMA2270596 Apps   

unRAID=No  SNAP=Yes 3552  /dev/hdb  ata-WDC_WD400BD-75JMA0_WD-WMAMA2270596

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -m WD-WMAMA2270596   

Partition doesn't exist, cannot be mounted.

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/snap# snap.sh -s WD-WMAMA2270596   

Error: No such device exists: WD-WMAMA2270596-part1

My guess would be the disk isn't partitioned and does have a recognized filesystem.

hi guys - i noticed that the plugin for this app wasn't working.  it wouldn't find the file to download from google code.  im not a coder but i managed to get it working with a small fix (deleted a "-1" from the plugin posted).  i've attached a working version here

unfortunately i won't be able to help further if it doesn't work for you.  it's a great app and really deserves a working plugin!

How many versions of this plugin are there. Is this the only working one? I hope it will be supported in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the fix, but it seems the SNAP UI is not working when using SimpleFeatures :(

Is SNAP dead or is there someone still maintaining it in any way?

I had no problems getting snap installed on my 4.7 (free - for now) build. I struggled for a bit before I discovered that my precleared disk had no partition or formatting. I was able to get it partitioned using unraid_partition_disk.sh, and now, unMenu 1.5 is showing that it's ready to be formatted. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error in formatting:

mkreiserfs hda1

mkreiserfs 3.6.21 (2009 www.namesys.com)

Stat of the device '/dev/hda1' failed.
/dev/hda1: No such file or directory

sfdisk: cannot open /dev/hda1 read-write

Any suggestions from here?

I have an external USB drive mounted using SNAP in the web client.

Can anyone tell me how I can copy the files from the usb drive to my array?  I can't seem to see the external drive using telnet and copying using a windows client is way to slow.

Thanks

Is SNAP dead or is there someone still maintaining it in any way?

i don't know, if anyone is still working on SNAP. but for simple drive mounting, you can also use my drive mount plugin. (if you are on v5)

i'm currently working hard to make it more stable (it works fine, but i'm adding several of security checks)

i'm also working on a hotplug feature, so an already configures disk/usb drive can automatically mounted when attached.

see my thread in the plugins section, if you have any questions