Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - OpenVPN AS

1616 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi

 

Just one question. Does everyone who wants to log into my nextcloud need to do all this vpn configuration?

Edited by mrvilla

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SergeantCC4 said:

I can't remember for sure if I did that or not prior to this last update (I want to say I did local instead of PAM) but I definitely did this time just to make sure. 

Isn't mapping of the config folders automatic?

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

The mapping is in the template but I don't know how you set it up or if you changed it

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hoopster said:

I have noticed that after the last couple of container updates (maybe even more) to the OpenVPN-AS docker container, I have to manually restart the OpenVPN-AS server or none of my OPVN clients can connect.  

 

No user logins, settings, etc. are reset and it all works as configured; however, if I just update the container, there is no connectivity.  An additional server restart is needed.

 

Do I have something misconfigured?  I don't recall seeing this behavior until recently and nothing has changed with the container/server configuration in a very long time.

I noticed that, too. Didn't look into it yet, since it seems to work fine after a restart

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, aptalca said:

I noticed that, too. Didn't look into it yet, since it seems to work fine after a restart

I updated the container last night and forgot to restart the server manually, so today, I have no remote connectivity 😬

 

Note to self: Always restart the server after updating the OpenVPN-AS container!

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone know how to remedy this, I have tried to install openvpn on my main server but get this? strange though as it runs fine on my raspberry pi:

 

Warning: This VPN may not connect in the future.

The OpenVPN configuration file for 'client' contains these OpenVPN options:

• 'ns-cert-type' was deprecated in OpenVPN 2.4 and removed in OpenVPN 2.5

• 'comp-lzo' was deprecated in OpenVPN 2.4 and has been or will be removed in a later version


You should update the configuration so it can be used with modern versions of OpenVPN.

Tunnelblick will use OpenVPN 2.4.7 - OpenSSL v1.0.2r to connect this configuration.

However, you will not be able to connect to this VPN with future versions of Tunnelblick that do not include a version of OpenVPN that accepts the options.
 

Share this post


Link to post

Have openvpn-as setup as per the Spaceinvader One youtube video...  works perfectly with my android phone... but if I use my windows 10 laptop, i can connect to the web interfaces on the server just fine, but cannot access the user shares.   keeps saying the server isn't there.   I can access the share just fine on the android device.   Anyone have any insight to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I am completely stumped by this: My OpenVPN-AS has been running perfectly and then out of nowhere stopped working.

 

When it stopped working I was still able to connect on the TCP port, but after restarting the container a few times, that stopped working too. The unraid server has been restarted to no avail.

 

The logs showed errors pointing to the interface or ports being already in use, which made no sense to me...

After having tinkered with some settings (after it stopped working -- setting the container to privileged mode and only listen to UDP on port 1194 in the web ui), I am not seeing any errors in the log, but the server still doesn't listen on the UDP port.

 

Can anyone explain to me what this means:

root@Tower:~# netstat -an | grep 943
tcp6       0      0 :::943                  :::*                    LISTEN
root@Tower:~# netstat -an | grep 1194
udp6       0      0 :::1194                 :::*

 

The web ui (943) is working fine, telnet'ing to 1194 on localhost results in connection refused.

UNIX is not my strong suit; what am I to gather from the fact that it doesn't appear to 'LISTEN' on port 1194?

 

If I switch off privileged mode, the errors are back:

2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info] OVPN 0 ERR: 'Wed Aug  7 09:22:20 2019 ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF as0t0: Device or resource busy (errno=16)'
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info] Server Agent initialization status:
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info] {
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]   "errors": {
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     "iptables_web": [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['web'])"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     "openvpn_0": [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "process started and then immediately exited: ['Wed Aug  7 09:22:20 2019 ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF as0t0: Device or resource busy (errno=16)']"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "service failed to start or returned error status"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     "web": [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "process started and then immediately exited: 2019-08-07T09:22:18+0200 [stderr#error] twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:943: [Errno 98] Address already in use."
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "service failed to start or returned error status"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]   }, 

Netstat is showing the same thing as before. The web ui is loading, but I am unable to sign in using the correct credentials.

 

What happened? Why did this stop working all of the sudden?

Edited by Pinch

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pinch said:

I am completely stumped by this: My OpenVPN-AS has been running perfectly and then out of nowhere stopped working.

 

When it stopped working I was still able to connect on the TCP port, but after restarting the container a few times, that stopped working too. The unraid server has been restarted to no avail.

 

The logs showed errors pointing to the interface or ports being already in use, which made no sense to me...

After having tinkered with some settings (after it stopped working -- setting the container to privileged mode and only listen to UDP on port 1194 in the web ui), I am not seeing any errors in the log, but the server still doesn't listen on the UDP port.

 

Can anyone explain to me what this means:


root@Tower:~# netstat -an | grep 943
tcp6       0      0 :::943                  :::*                    LISTEN
root@Tower:~# netstat -an | grep 1194
udp6       0      0 :::1194                 :::*

 

The web ui (943) is working fine, telnet'ing to 1194 on localhost results in connection refused.

UNIX is not my strong suit; what am I to gather from the fact that it doesn't appear to 'LISTEN' on port 1194?

 

If I switch off privileged mode, the errors are back:


2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info] OVPN 0 ERR: 'Wed Aug  7 09:22:20 2019 ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF as0t0: Device or resource busy (errno=16)'
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info] Server Agent initialization status:
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info] {
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]   "errors": {
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     "iptables_web": [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['web'])"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     "openvpn_0": [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "process started and then immediately exited: ['Wed Aug  7 09:22:20 2019 ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF as0t0: Device or resource busy (errno=16)']"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "service failed to start or returned error status"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     "web": [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "process started and then immediately exited: 2019-08-07T09:22:18+0200 [stderr#error] twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:943: [Errno 98] Address already in use."
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ], 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       [
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "error", 
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]         "service failed to start or returned error status"
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]       ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]     ]
2019-08-07T09:22:20+0200 [stdout#info]   }, 

Netstat is showing the same thing as before. The web ui is loading, but I am unable to sign in using the correct credentials.

 

What happened? Why did this stop working all of the sudden?

Post your docker run/create command

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, aptalca said:

Post your docker run/create command

Sorry, of course:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d 
--name='openvpn-as' 
--net='bridge' -e 
TZ="Europe/Paris" -e 
HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 
'PGID'='100' -e 
'PUID'='99' -p 
'943:943/tcp' -p 
'9443:9443/tcp' -p 
'1194:1194/udp' -v 
'/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn-as':'/config':'rw' 
--cap-add=NET_ADMIN
'linuxserver/openvpn-as' 

 

Edit: It's fixed, though now idea why. I reinstalled openvpn-as and it threw the "ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF as0t0: Device or resource busy (errno=16)'" in the webui when trying to start the server. Changing nothing, but perhaps trying to start the server a few more times, it was suddenly running and working.

 

It's working, but I don't think the problem is solved.

Edited by Pinch

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2019 at 11:22 AM, coolasice1999 said:

Have openvpn-as setup as per the Spaceinvader One youtube video...  works perfectly with my android phone... but if I use my windows 10 laptop, i can connect to the web interfaces on the server just fine, but cannot access the user shares.   keeps saying the server isn't there.   I can access the share just fine on the android device.   Anyone have any insight to this?

I know I had an issue with Windows 10 in the past where I ended up having to use the IP Address of the Server rather than the Server Name.

i.e. \\192.168.X.X\Sharename instead of \\Tower1\Sharename

idk if this will work for you but it worked for me

Also I had to remap one of my shares and click "connect using different credentials" and reenter my username/password and click "remember" again. Weird but I ran into something similar and this worked for me.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, SergeantCC4 said:

I know I had an issue with Windows 10 in the past where I ended up having to use the IP Address of the Server rather than the Server Name.

i.e. \\192.168.X.X\Sharename instead of \\Tower1\Sharename

idk if this will work for you but it worked for me

Also I had to remap one of my shares and click "connect using different credentials" and reenter my username/password and click "remember" again. Weird but I ran into something similar and this worked for me.

I was using the IP address to try to connect.  I don't have a password on the share, it is set as public.  All my networked PC and devices can access the shares,  but not my Windows PC through openvpn

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I'm having a devil of a time logging in to Openvpn-as as an admin with a fresh install.  Everything states that the default user/pw is simply "admin" and "password", but that doesn't work.  I re-ran the ovpn-init script and it instructs me to use a username of "openvpn" with the same password used to authenticate this UNIX host, which I assume is my root Unraid password... but that doesn't work either.

 

Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Edited by CUclimber

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CUclimber said:

I'm having a devil of a time logging in to Openvpn-as as an admin with a fresh install.  Everything states that the default user/pw is simply "admin" and "password", but that doesn't work.  I re-ran the ovpn-init script and it instructs me to use a username of "openvpn" with the same password used to authenticate this UNIX host, which I assume is my root Unraid password... but that doesn't work either.

 

Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Do not manually run commands inside the container. Create a fresh container with an empty appdata folder, follow the directions in the readme

Edited by aptalca

Share this post


Link to post

I have freshly installed this docker, and on the main webui page, i need to click on start server but get the following error:

image.thumb.png.aa0f88b148dc56aff5469207bed23c44.png

 

Any ideas on where to start looking to fix? All docker setting were left as default

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post

Quick edit  - I restarted unraid and now the service is running

Not sure why a reboot was required!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there,

 

After looking to my similar issue through this long thread, no other user has encountered the same issue as me.

Environment:

  • Unraid 6.7.0
  • 2 distinct ISPs
    1. The main network with multiple VLAN interfaces
    2. The secondary network on one interface
  • Unraid GUI is accessible through the 2 separate networks and VLANS with different IPs
  • Image version: linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11 (latest gives the same issues, but regarding previous comments, this one seems a better option)

Goal: Add an OpenVPN container enabling me to access the secondary network through br1 being not the default interface Unraid choses.

Setup trials:

  1. Using docker MCVLAN option in order to choose br1 interface and define a static IP to the container.
    • GUI is accessible as expected on the defined IP
    • interface eth0 is the listening interface with the defined IP
    • The container has access to the correct default gateway and machines in this network
    • OpenVPN Server seems not being able to start
    Error:
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user'])
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_openvpn'])
    Service deferred error: IPTablesServiceBase: failed to run iptables-restore [status=2]: ["iptables-restore v1.6.0: Port `0' not valid", '', 'Error occurred at line: 88', "Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information."]: internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/mycprof:11,<string>:1,sagent/sagent_entry:14,sagent/sagent_entry:11,util/daemon:28,util/daemon:69,application/app:423,scripts/_twistd_unix:202,application/app:445,application/app:348,internet/base:1166,internet/base:1178,internet/epollreactor:194,python/log:85,python/log:70,python/context:59,python/context:37,internet/epollreactor:223,internet/posixbase:191,internet/process:260,internet/process:762,internet/process:775,internet/_baseprocess:60,svc/pp:117,svc/svcnotify:32,internet/defer:238,internet/defer:307,internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/error:61,util/error:44
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user', 'iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
  2. Using Host mode in order to have access to all interfaces from inside OpenVPN

    • GUI is accessible as expected on the Unraid IP

    • interface br1 is the listening interface with the Unraid IP from the secondary network

    • The container has access to all linked default gateways, but not with other machines in the network

    • OpenVPN starts without errors

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from inside the network works correctly

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from outside the network throws a timeout error (port-forwarding is correctly setup)

  3. Using Bridge mode in order to relay on Docker networking
    • GUI is accessible as expected on the Unraid IP

    • interface eth0 is the listening interface with the docker IP

    • The container doesn't seem to have any internet access

    • OpenVPN starts without errors

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from inside the network works correctly

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from outside the network throws a timeout error (port-forwarding is correctly setup)

  4. Using Host mode and configure OpenVPN to work with the main network

    • GUI is accessible as expected on the Unraid IP

    • interface br0 is the listening interface with the Unraid IP from the main network

    • The container has access to all linked default gateways, but not with other machines in the network

    • OpenVPN starts without errors

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from inside the network works correctly

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from outside the network works correctly

I've used previously OpenVPN-AS in a regular docker environment without any issues, but the way Unraid manages networking seems to make a constraint in this setup.

So the only way I may have to make this use case working seems to be 1 with the Error resolved.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

 

Thank you.

 

Best regards,

 

hdebeuf

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, hdebeuf said:

Hi there,

 

After looking to my similar issue through this long thread, no other user has encountered the same issue as me.

Environment:

  • Unraid 6.7.0
  • 2 distinct ISPs
    1. The main network with multiple VLAN interfaces
    2. The secondary network on one interface
  • Unraid GUI is accessible through the 2 separate networks and VLANS with different IPs
  • Image version: linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11 (latest gives the same issues, but regarding previous comments, this one seems a better option)

Goal: Add an OpenVPN container enabling me to access the secondary network through br1 being not the default interface Unraid choses.

Setup trials:

  1. Using docker MCVLAN option in order to choose br1 interface and define a static IP to the container.
    • GUI is accessible as expected on the defined IP
    • interface eth0 is the listening interface with the defined IP
    • The container has access to the correct default gateway and machines in this network
    • OpenVPN Server seems not being able to start
    
    Error:
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user'])
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_openvpn'])
    Service deferred error: IPTablesServiceBase: failed to run iptables-restore [status=2]: ["iptables-restore v1.6.0: Port `0' not valid", '', 'Error occurred at line: 88', "Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information."]: internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/mycprof:11,<string>:1,sagent/sagent_entry:14,sagent/sagent_entry:11,util/daemon:28,util/daemon:69,application/app:423,scripts/_twistd_unix:202,application/app:445,application/app:348,internet/base:1166,internet/base:1178,internet/epollreactor:194,python/log:85,python/log:70,python/context:59,python/context:37,internet/epollreactor:223,internet/posixbase:191,internet/process:260,internet/process:762,internet/process:775,internet/_baseprocess:60,svc/pp:117,svc/svcnotify:32,internet/defer:238,internet/defer:307,internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/error:61,util/error:44
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user', 'iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
    service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
  2. Using Host mode in order to have access to all interfaces from inside OpenVPN

    • GUI is accessible as expected on the Unraid IP

    • interface br1 is the listening interface with the Unraid IP from the secondary network

    • The container has access to all linked default gateways, but not with other machines in the network

    • OpenVPN starts without errors

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from inside the network works correctly

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from outside the network throws a timeout error (port-forwarding is correctly setup)

  3. Using Bridge mode in order to relay on Docker networking
    • GUI is accessible as expected on the Unraid IP

    • interface eth0 is the listening interface with the docker IP

    • The container doesn't seem to have any internet access

    • OpenVPN starts without errors

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from inside the network works correctly

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from outside the network throws a timeout error (port-forwarding is correctly setup)

  4. Using Host mode and configure OpenVPN to work with the main network

    • GUI is accessible as expected on the Unraid IP

    • interface br0 is the listening interface with the Unraid IP from the main network

    • The container has access to all linked default gateways, but not with other machines in the network

    • OpenVPN starts without errors

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from inside the network works correctly

    • Initiating a VPN tunnel from outside the network works correctly

I've used previously OpenVPN-AS in a regular docker environment without any issues, but the way Unraid manages networking seems to make a constraint in this setup.

So the only way I may have to make this use case working seems to be 1 with the Error resolved.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

 

Thank you.

 

Best regards,

 

hdebeuf

In the first scenario, why are you setting interface to eth0? It should be br1.

 

Unraid 6.7 made some changes that introduced that iptables error when openvpn is used in host networking (and I guess macvlan). No idea what causes it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, bdydrp said:

Quick edit  - I restarted unraid and now the service is running

Not sure why a reboot was required!

Finally had time to look into it and figured it out. New build will be available shortly that will fix that error requiring restart of new containers.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for the quick reply.

4 hours ago, aptalca said:

In the first scenario, why are you setting interface to eth0? It should be br1.

The network type in Unraid is defined as br0, but in macvlan mode the container is only aware of eth0 where this bridge is attached.

4 hours ago, aptalca said:

Unraid 6.7 made some changes that introduced that iptables error when openvpn is used in host networking (and I guess macvlan). No idea what causes it.

Some differences I see when digging into the different container setups are the iptables INPUT chain values:

Macvlan:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
AS0_ACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
AS0_ACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
AS0_IN_PRE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             mark match 0x2000000/0x2000000
AS0_ACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             d05504430e62         state NEW udp dpt:1194
AS0_WEBACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
AS0_WEBACCEPT  tcp  --  anywhere             d05504430e62         state NEW tcp dpt:943

Host:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
AS0_ACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
AS0_ACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
AS0_IN_PRE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             mark match 0x2000000/0x2000000
AS0_ACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             192.168.0.100         state NEW udp dpt:1194
AS0_WEBACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
AS0_WEBACCEPT  tcp  --  anywhere             192.168.0.100         state NEW tcp dpt:943
LIBVIRT_INP  all  --  anywhere             anywhere   

Bridge:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
AS0_ACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
AS0_ACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
AS0_IN_PRE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             mark match 0x2000000/0x2000000
AS0_ACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             ecc3ad434c70         state NEW udp dpt:1194
AS0_WEBACCEPT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
AS0_WEBACCEPT  tcp  --  anywhere             ecc3ad434c70         state NEW tcp dpt:943

I haven't got advanced knowledge in Unraid, but the behavior of the container in macvlan mode seems weird to me as it should relay on actual environment networking and not Docker container ids.

By trying to force add IP based rules, unfortunately the destination is still translated to an id (container id I may presume):

iptables -A INPUT -d 192.168.0.97 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 1194 -j AS0_ACCEPT

 

Hope this helps with the debugging and enabling the build of an updated image.

 

Thank you.

 

Best regards,

 

hdebeuf

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

is it possible to use openvpn on port 443 alongside Nginx (linuxserver : letsencrypt docker) I ideally want to keep all traffic on port 443 as I travel a lot and certain hotels block non standard http /https ports.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Tyranian said:

Hi,

 

is it possible to use openvpn on port 443 alongside Nginx (linuxserver : letsencrypt docker) I ideally want to keep all traffic on port 443 as I travel a lot and certain hotels block non standard http /https ports.

 

 

@aptalca

Have posted how to do this a couple of times in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Everything works good except accessing dockers which have an custom IP.

I use e.g. pihole docker as my DNS server with a custom IP via network type custom: br0.

 

Any clue what i have change/add on my default OpenVPN config to access dockers with custom ip?

 

Edit:
I fixed my issue with this post by adding a second network card:

 

Edited by schwabelbauch
Found solution

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.