[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will try this tomorrow on my PC but it seems the client can't establish the connection.

Thank you very much :) I will check back again tomorrow! (and try to get this to work in the meantime)

Edited by kftX
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, kftX said:

Thank you very much :) I will check back again tomorrow! (and try to get this to work in the meantime)

Oh no, I just saw that Mordhau was one of the games that I did on request and which I actually don't own, so to speak I can't test it.

Anyways, I've now gone through the documentation from the dedicated server and can't find anything that changed, the ports are all the same and it should work as it is.

Please double check your port forwarding.

Can you see the game in the Steam Server Browser (Steam -> View -> Servers -> Favorites -> Add Server -> enter YOURLOCALIP:27015 -> Add -> click Refresh twice), if you can see it try to connect through that.

Have you only tried to connect to the server through your local LAN or have you yet tried it from WAN, so to speak from not inside your LAN too?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Oh no, I just saw that Mordhau was one of the games that I did on request and which I actually don't own, so to speak I can't test it.

Anyways, I've now gone through the documentation from the dedicated server and can't find anything that changed, the ports are all the same and it should work as it is.

Please double check your port forwarding.

Can you see the game in the Steam Server Browser (Steam -> View -> Servers -> Favorites -> Add Server -> enter YOURLOCALIP:27015 -> Add -> click Refresh twice), if you can see it try to connect through that.

Have you only tried to connect to the server through your local LAN or have you yet tried it from WAN, so to speak from not inside your LAN too?

Ok I got it to work thanks to your help! My friends are in the server and everything is a-OK.

I am not 100% sure since I messed with a couple things, but the solution was to move the server from an unraid network tunnel to "host".

Thanks so much!

22 minutes ago, Ephoxia said:

How do i change max players on the valheim server docker? I want to change it from 64 to max 10 players but i can't figure out where to change that.

That is only possible on modded servers and the vanilla server only accepts 10 players AFAIK.

10 minutes ago, Ephoxia said:

I am using your Valheim docker container and my server shows max players of 64

Do you've enabled any mods? BepInEx can cause something like that for example.

The default setting should be 10 IIRC and that's also the maximum what should be supported.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you've enabled any mods? BepInEx can cause something like that for example.

The default setting should be 10 IIRC and that's also the maximum what should be supported.

Bepinex isn't enabled in the config, no mods either. Fresh install of the docker with only few settings changed like world name, server name and password. no other changes made

3 minutes ago, Ephoxia said:

Bepinex isn't enabled in the config, no mods either. Fresh install of the docker with only few settings changed like world name, server name and password. no other changes made

Have you yet tried if more than 10 people can connect?

Have you enabled anything on your client, so to speak your local PC? Maybe it displays error, do you see this in-game or where do you see the 64 players?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried if more than 10 people can connect?

Have you enabled anything on your client, so to speak your local PC? Maybe it displays error, do you see this in-game or where do you see the 64 players?

Nothing on client, other players report it shows 64 max players and thats how i found out. Haven't tested going beyond 10 but don't have the players for that right now. It's not too big of a deal i just thought it was weird as i'm used to seeing 10 max players not 64. It displays externally with server query or steam server listing. Could just be a bug by showing 64 but it's really 10. No big deal anyway

4 minutes ago, Ephoxia said:

Nothing on client, other players report it shows 64 max players and thats how i found out.

I think you are talking about the Steam Server Browser and not in game correct...? :

grafik.png.2fb5b9f6af0f67d3605736708e28a209.png

4 minutes ago, Ephoxia said:

It's not too big of a deal i just thought it was weird as i'm used to seeing 10 max players not 64. It displays externally with server query or steam server listing.

That's caused because Steam can't correctly interpret for how many players the server is made for but if you are search it in game you will get this:

grafik.thumb.png.d57037473e176eecc96fd5f76c9c0b31.png

(please ignore that it is listed twice, one time is over my public IP and one time is via LAN)

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you are talking about the Steam Server Browser and not in game correct...? :

grafik.png.2fb5b9f6af0f67d3605736708e28a209.png

That's caused because Steam can't correctly interpret for how many players the server is made for but if you are search it in game you will get this:

grafik.thumb.png.d57037473e176eecc96fd5f76c9c0b31.png

(please ignore that it is listed twice, one time is over my public IP and one time is via LAN)

Oh okay, my bad then. I just heard from players the limit was 64 so they must have seen it in steam and not ingame.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SweetChinMusic said:

Error InterruptibleStdioStream.cpp:61: Got EOF on stdin; closing

Please post the full log output.

Since this is one of the few containers where I only maintain the template and have no control how the container is working or can't change anything in the container I would recommend that you post that over on the GitHub Issue tracker: Click

Hello!

I'm new here, just spun up my first home unraid server, and I'm having some trouble when it comes to being able to setup external connections to game servers.

I've tried Valheim, CS:GO and Zomboid, and I've followed the posted guides and triple checked my setup. The servers are absolutely spinning up, and I can access them locally, but I cant seem to get any external access. At first I thought I was just having some port forwarding issues on my router side, but then I forwarded my homeassistant and it worked perfectly instantly, which leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong when I'm setting up the game servers, not the port forwarding. 

I feel like the issue has something to do with all those question marks around docker allocations, but I don't have a shred of a clue if I'm even on the remotely right trail. 

Thanks in advance for any advice, have a good one, 

--Fatyungjesus

image.png.85cf95336c5194e9248307fd34a6fada.thumb.png.e9cfced042d4d458e56d4325176c777b.pngimage.png.852bf36cc516e48949ffad8a1e03b7d4.png.a90844412a1a7531c845e86e36860a6c.png

Hey all,

Pretty new to unraid, network servers and the like.
I am trying to set up a gregtech new horizons minecraft server. I am using the main minecraft docker. I have ran it the first time and then shut it down, copying over the appropriate modpack files including the .jar   I updated the server file name and then the game version parameter to custom. When i launch the server it tells me it cannot find the .jar file, even tho the file is located in the same folder as everything else. Any help is much appreciated.

1 hour ago, fatyungjesus said:

I'm new here, just spun up my first home unraid server, and I'm having some trouble when it comes to being able to setup external connections to game servers.

May I ask why you are using br0? bridge should be perfectly fine.

I've tried Valheim, CS:GO and Zomboid, and I've followed the posted guides and triple checked my setup.

Just focus on one server for now.

What ports, IP and protocol did you forward in the case for Valheim in your router?

I feel like the issue has something to do with all those question marks around docker allocations, but I don't have a shred of a clue if I'm even on the remotely right trail. 

The question marks are displayed because you are using br0

15 minutes ago, jarridj4009 said:

I am trying to set up a gregtech new horizons minecraft server.

Sorry but I usually don't support modding because I can't know how every mod is working.

Is this a Forge based mod?

16 minutes ago, jarridj4009 said:

When i launch the server it tells me it cannot find the .jar file, even tho the file is located in the same folder as everything else.

What path is set in the Docker template to the game files? If it's set to /mnt/cache/... can you please check to what setting your appdata share is set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

Did you change anything else in the template?

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I usually don't support modding because I can't know how every mod is working.

Is this a Forge based mod?

What path is set in the Docker template to the game files? If it's set to /mnt/cache/... can you please check to what setting your appdata share is set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

Did you change anything else in the template?

Ahh yes sorry. The modpack runs on forge. 

The stock docker uses /mnt/disk1/appdata/minecraft
I have tried using that, as well as
/mnt/disk1/appdata/GTNH4
The .jar file is located in the same place.

Everything else in the template should be the same.

2 minutes ago, jarridj4009 said:

Ahh yes sorry. The modpack runs on forge. 

Are you sure that you don't have to start it through a start script like it is the case for more recent versions?

I'm not a professional with Forge but here is a GitHub Issue that maybe will help resolve this issue, please read from the linked comment here.

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask why you are using br0? bridge should be perfectly fine.

Just focus on one server for now.

What ports, IP and protocol did you forward in the case for Valheim in your router?

The question marks are displayed because you are using br0

I did initial setup using br0 because it was recommended in this setup guide I found: https://unraid.net/fr/blog/unraid-valheim-dedicated-server

For the valheim server, I have ports 2456-2458 opened, on both TCP/UDP. Originally I had them forwarded to the ip I was creating for the container using br0. However I did try to set it up in bridge as you mentioned, and then I forwarded those ports to the servers host ip, sadly still showing port closed. Here's a screenshot of my port forwarding settings for Valheim. 

image.png.1c512a5d475f15d8c23db1c486ec4445.png

I figured I'd also attach these screenshots of the rest of the configuration, as it may shed some light. 

Thanks again, 

- Fatyungjesus

image.thumb.png.388e39bac99f681448d72a7bfdf124ea.png

image.thumb.png.63cc1215e70114bbcb062777f0f1dc45.png

image.thumb.png.959c02af5efc7235db11f13a5dada900.png

image.png.cfcf4b1986f96bc3015544d441fc67cd.png

6 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

Runs for hours without problems, but over night I can no longer connect to it the next day. Suggestions on where to look?

Maybe try to set up a user script that restarts the server.

This container runs through WINE and I can't guarantee that everything works as expected, that's why it's marked as beta in the CA App.

Also mods can cause crashes from my experience.

2 hours ago, fatyungjesus said:

or the valheim server, I have ports 2456-2458 opened, on both TCP/UDP.

Why?

As you can see in the template only UDP ports are needed to be forwarded.

Just a warning, some game servers will block you from connecting when forwarding a protocol that isn't needed.

2 hours ago, fatyungjesus said:

sadly still showing port closed

Where do the ports show up as closed? Please keep in mind that game server use their own proprietary protocol and are not like Plex, they won't answer to sites which check if ports are open to the outside world.

Please note that every router supports hairpin NAT, have you yet tried to connect from outside of your LAN and see if it is working. Maybe the server is working fine from outside your network and internally you have to use the LAN IP to connect to it.

Some ISPs even block the communication on UDP ports or certain ports.

EDIT: Please turn off validation, this is only for troubleshooting reasons there or when the server is not properly updating. By leaving that on you are forcing a check from the game files every startup, that causes strain on the disk, your Internet connection and the start up from the container will also take way longer.