[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, aurokon said:

So if I wanted to change the passwords for joining the server as well as the admin password, where would I do that at? I didn't see those options when installing the container.

If you tell me what game server are we talking about I could maybe help you. :)

2 hours ago, PPurEEviLL said:

%localappdata%

This path in the container would be:

.../WINE64/drive_c/users/steam/AppData/Local

Are you sure that these are server mods? I think there are client and server mods out there for Astroneer. The path that you've mentioned above is for the Client savegame/mods I think.

The save path for the server is:
.../Astro/Saved/SaveGames

54 minutes ago, aurokon said:

Conan Exiles. Sorry, I should have elaborated. I should've realized that each game isn't going to have the same directory structure lol.

You should find your server configuration files in:

.../conansandbox/saved/config/windowserver/

and in there you should see a file that is called: ServerSettings.xml IIRC.

Please stop the server fist before editing any files and start if afterwards.

Hey hey, got a kinda annoying little problem with the Pavlov container.
I know it says it might take some time for it to initialize and download everything... But now i have the container running for like half a day and it still cycles through steam install, checking if games.ini is valid and trying to start the server which results in the container apparently crashing, restarting and doing it all over again. I have tried with fresh installs from the CA, setting the temp folder to a dedicated share and so on... the issue still persists...

Server-wise i am running an Ryzen9 3900x and 128GB of RAM. I am kinda sus of my unraid install on my usb stick due to me testing beta versions and sometimes going back to the previous version...

2023-10-11 01_49_14-Window.png

6 hours ago, Fresh Dumbledore said:

I have tried with fresh installs from the CA, setting the temp folder to a dedicated share and so on... the issue still persists...

Thank you for the report. i will look into that and report back.

EDIT: Container is now fixed, please force a update from the container itself:

grafik.png.fee9ef2e7da7f23c8a012bf6c0e94f9f.png

• Like 2

Looking for some assistance on the Valheim dedicated server docker. I want to take advantage of the new server modifier features. I have tried adding the modifiers according to the dedicated server manual and also using the GAME_PARAMS feature within the docker. Note I added these modifiers while the container was stopped. They don't seem to apply in game. Has anyone had success?

Note: While you hover over a server in the game it will list the modifiers applied to the server.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:38 AM, ich777 said:

Which values are we talking about? Do you have any examples?

If it is for example: -crossplay or similar it belongs in the GAME_PARAMS

However, I didn't know that you can change the difficulty and other settings... :D

EDIT: I now see it, if you are talking about:

-preset hard

for example it belongs in the GAME_PARAMS

That is correct. There are other values that can be set like -modifier raids and -setkey. How would you separate each modifier in the game_params field? Comma separated, space separated?

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As in the private message mentioned, can you please post what modifiers that you‘ve try to use and how you applied them exactly?

I tried only one modifier "-modifier Resources most" within GAME_PARAMS. I stopped the container, entered the modification in GAME_PARAMS and them clicked apply at the bottom. The container started successfully. I then went into the game and checked the server list. My dedicated server does not show that anything has changed under "server modifiers" when hovering over the server within Valheim. Unless the server modifier list feature is broken in game.

7 minutes ago, Beng8686 said:

Comma separated, space separated?

Just as you would use them in the .sh file like:

-preset hard -modifier portals casual

grafik.thumb.png.9f59f17e95487c7777d5b9555d4e9145.png

AFAIK the modifiers doesn't always show up on the server list...

However, connect to the game and Press F2 on your keyboard and you should see the modifiers:

grafik.thumb.png.25f91db4359c525f877d2d76c5e66031.png

On 10/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, ich777 said:

You should find your server configuration files in:

.../conansandbox/saved/config/windowserver/

and in there you should see a file that is called: ServerSettings.xml IIRC.

Please stop the server fist before editing any files and start if afterwards.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to change the admin password in the ServerSettings.ini but there isn't an option to change the server password. I didn't see an xml file of any kind in there so I assumed you meant the ini file.

13 minutes ago, domrockt said:

its new and has an linux dedicatetd server on steam? 

From what I can tell it does not have a native Linux dedicated server.

But maybe it‘s possible.

However I don‘t own the game and I don‘t create/try to create dedicated servers for games that I don‘t own.

If someone gifts me the game I can look into it.

@Spectral Force I really appreciate the offer but you gifted many games over time, isn‘t it time for someone else to gift the game if someone wants a containerized version? 😅

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

From what I can tell it does not have a native Linux dedicated server.

But maybe it‘s possible.

However I don‘t own the game and I don‘t create/try to create dedicated servers for games that I don‘t own.

If someone gifts me the game I can look into it.

@Spectral Force I really appreciate the offer but you gifted many games over time, isn‘t it time for someone else to gift the game if someone wants a containerized version? 😅

its done, thx   : D 

• Like 1

I was trying to get The Front to work with your dockerhub image (admittedly I'm much too early) and it seems like the anon login doesn't allow you to actually download the game server files but it downloads fine when logged in on windows. I'm just fighting with their 2FA to get it all working in one session since the code changes with each session.

Since I'm rate limited from trying to log into steam I was looking at GitHub - Weilbyte/steamcmd-2fa as a possible solution that could be added as a variable to the docker template or as a secret in the shared steamcmd.

Dunno if any of this helps but hopefully it becomes much easier to get this running in docker.

5 hours ago, xWeegix said:

I was trying to get The Front to work with your dockerhub image (admittedly I'm much too early) and it seems like the anon login doesn't allow you to actually download the game server files but it downloads fine when logged in on windows. I'm just fighting with their 2FA to get it all working in one session since the code changes with each session.

This is just a test image and not ready that I’ve created yestarday.

No, that‘s not true, if you download the files through SteamCMD and log in with your account you also don‘t get the files (just a few runtime files) and yes on Windows or Linux through the Steam client it is working properly.

Which App ID did you download?

Since I'm rate limited from trying to log into steam I was looking at GitHub - Weilbyte/steamcmd-2fa as a possible solution that could be added as a variable to the docker template or as a secret in the shared steamcmd.

This is a terrible idea and I won’t do that, because of the rate limit and you even get locked out from Steam for a few hours if the 2FA code is wrong too often.

Dunno if any of this helps but hopefully it becomes much easier to get this running in docker.

Again, this container is not ready yet, nor is it listed in my supported games on the first site and again, the download (even with Steam credentials doesn‘t work for the Linux App ID).

If you download the Windows App ID it is working fine which is also strange because you have to force the download for Windows but for some rease this is not the case for this game.

Someone else already reported that in the community site on Steam and I also made a post about that: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2285150/discussions/0/6824700612951916967/

• Like 2