[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

34 minutes ago, jeerful said:

Sorry, not sure and relatively novice with Docker however given that the same issue happens on freenas and windows I'm unsure on how to proceed! I also tried running steamcmd natively on windows and it grabbed the server files just fine- it's just the docker image that seems to be having these issues.

Sorry, I have really bad news for you... It works just fine over here.

What I did was head over to the CA App, search for Satisfactory and clicked install:

grafik.png.fbc1b4ac5ea3e2bc73228f386d23a2fe.png

After that I had to wait a bit and I was greeted with a running server, attached my log here: satisfactory.log

I really do think that in your case it has something to do with the permissions.

Do you have a lancache or something like that installed? Maybe that's preventing it from downloading.

Sorry but I'm not that familiar with TrueNAS nor did I ever use or ran it.

39 minutes ago, jeerful said:

2024-01-21 16:27:40 Waiting for user info...OK
2024-01-21 16:27:41 ---Prepare Server---

Something seems to be missing between those two lines since it should download the files in between there (see log from above).

As said I really only can think of a permission issue, I don't know if that helps but try to set a a Variable with the Key: UID and the value from your apps UID and a Variable with the Key: GID with the value from your GID from TrueNAS (I found an article here but not sure if that helps).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Liii111111 said:

Thank you for your response. I am, of course, on Unraid. I have already installed Palworld in my Docker, but I don't know how to start the server from the terminal in Bash."

You don't have to do anything, it downloads the game files automatically, after that it starts the server. As said above you maybe have to edit the config file.

The container does basically everything for you and you have to do nothing, but please read my last post for you again about the borked in game server list and how to edit the config.

4 minutes ago, Steam said:

Is there a chance on an Enshrouded docker container on launch? Seems to be a big release next week.

Sorry, I don't accept any container requests anymore because I now have almost 200 applications on the CA App to maintain and I barely can keep up with that (I'm supposed to have a life somewhere in between and of course a job that earns me money... :D ).

Sorry about the bad news...

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, I don't accept any container requests anymore because I now have almost 200 applications on the CA App to maintain and I barely can keep up with that (I'm supposed to have a life somewhere in between and of course a job that earns me money... :D ).

Sorry about the bad news...

No worries and the big understandable. 200 is indeed an insane amount. If it wasn't for devs like yourself we wouldn't be here so big thanks from me nonetheless. Hopefully someone else can manage to make a container ready in the CA app. 

Have a good one!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

I never set an IP for the server when setting it up.

I think you don't have to or am I wrong about that? Usually 0.0.0.0 was enough back in the days. Is this now a requirement?

I'm trying the 50.47.x.x:8211 IP address in Palworld and Getting a "Not Found Session. (91) Error". I've tried both my internal and external IP's. I'm using the unraid docker. Any ideas what else I can try? I changed the ini to ensure the passwords for AdminPassword="" and ServerPassword="". I'd also tried removing those fields completely.

I'm trying to connect through PC GamePass in case that makes a difference as opposed to Steam. 

I'm still using 0.0.0.0 in the params, but I had the network set to bridge instead of br0 and that was causing me issues. Just an easy overlook on my end. Now I'm just trying to figure out why I can't get friends to join in using my external IP. Might be I'm sending them the wrong ip? No idea.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Liii111111 said:

Hello, I would like to know which IP address I should enter in the port forwarding settings of my router, and what ports I should use for the internal and external ports. ( unraid-palworld ) 

image_2024-01-21_211338250.png

Port forwarding is how your firewall knows how to map traffic coming from the internet (WAN) and direct it to an internal device (LAN) based on the port. 

So, you would use whatever port(s) the service you're using is expecting traffic on and then the IP would be the local IP of the server the traffic needs to be directed to.

Edited by dlchamp
  • Like 1

Hi there! Thank you so much for your work on the Palworld template. 

I am running into a strange issue regarding the PalWorldSettings.ini. The changes are not being reflected on my server in game. Such as the Server Name showing up as "Default Palworld Server" in game despite being set to something else in the ini or Admin Password not being recognized in game ("This server does not have an AdminPassword set, so you cannot become an Admin")

I did stop the container before making any changes and the changes have saved successfully. But the server isn't "picking them up". Oddly, when launching it correctly sees and reads the public IP setting and when connecting to the server I am not prompted for a PW.

co-Zarms-K55.png

x-DD3-FFHLQL.png

Any ideas why this is happening or what to try? I already tried deleting the config file after stopping the container. Then I started the container again so the config file would be recreated. Stopped it one more time, made changes again, started, changes are not reflected. 

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please report that in the community forums on Steam, in the official Discord and also with the Report Bug button in game.

Hello, I have migrated the server from Docker to a VM, set up 20GB of virtual memory, and installed the 'earlyoom' tool to automatically free up memory. Currently, 8GB of memory is in use, with 4 players playing online for a continuous 4 hours, and the server has not crashed.

57 minutes ago, Liviter said:

installed the 'earlyoom' tool to automatically free up memory. Currently, 8GB of memory is in use, with 4 players playing online for a continuous 4 hours, and the server has not crashed.

Glad to hear that. :)

Happy playing! ;)

1 hour ago, furio said:

Just installed Palworld server.  Everything is working fine however, I cannot get the servername to change from the default.  Any thoughts?  All other settings appear to be working fine.  

Please read this post and see if it's the same on your system:

4 hours ago, Nip said:

I am running into a strange issue regarding the PalWorldSettings.ini. The changes are not being reflected on my server in game. Such as the Server Name showing up as "Default Palworld Server" in game despite being set to something else in the ini or Admin Password not being recognized in game ("This server does not have an AdminPassword set, so you cannot become an Admin")

Please see this post if it's the same on your System:

However it should always pull the latest config file from my repository if it's not found and the default world name for my container is "Palworld Docker" not "Default Palworld Server", something really strange is going on over there...

7 hours ago, Ashepp said:

I'm trying the 50.47.x.x:8211 IP address in Palworld and Getting a "Not Found Session. (91) Error". I've tried both my internal and external IP's. I'm using the unraid docker. Any ideas what else I can try? I changed the ini to ensure the passwords for AdminPassword="" and ServerPassword="". I'd also tried removing those fields completely.

Did you yet tried it from outside your network if you can connect? Most of the times Hair Pin NAT is not working or configured correctly on some routers/firewalls.

Please also double check your port forwarding and if the protocol is correct.

4 hours ago, dlchamp said:

Hello, I would like to know which IP address I should enter in the port forwarding settings of my router, and what ports I should use for the internal and external ports. ( unraid-palworld ) 

@Liii111111 just look in the template and you will see it, it is almost all described in the Docker template at the description from the variables/port values.

Please don't use both at protocol, only UDP is needed.

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please see this post if it's the same on your System:

However it should always pull the latest config file from my repository if it's not found and the default world name for my container is "Palworld Docker" not "Default Palworld Server", something really strange is going on over there...

Same Problem here. Appdata is on cache. I changed ServerName, Description. Also changed Serverpassword to "" but after rebooting the docker PalWorldSettings.ini gets reset to its default

Edited by Frefle
3 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

I'm still having issues with friends joining into the satisfactory server. Would there be something I messed up while setting it up? It's up and running for me, I'm giving my friends my external IP and the server won't show up for them just says offline.

Do you have other services reachable from outside?

I can try this later today on my server when I got home from work if you want me to do that.

Please also double check your port forward and if the protocol is correct.

Do you have other services reachable from outside?

Yes, as it stands my valheim,kf2 and sons of the forest are working

Please also double check your port forward and if the protocol is correct.

It should all be setup correctly, I had another docker using the 7777 port so i changed it to 7778 with the instructions you had and i wasn't sure if that was how i messed it up. So I reinstalled the docker and stopped the other service using the 7777 and had the satisfactory docker use it instead and still no dice

Just now, Tonborghini said:

It should all be setup correctly, I had another docker using the 7777 port so i changed it to 7778 with the instructions you had and i wasn't sure if that was how i messed it up. So I reinstalled the docker and stopped the other service using the 7777 and had the satisfactory docker use it instead and still no dice

I will look into that but my day just started so you have to wait a bit until I got home from work.