[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Good afternoon, UnRaid Gamers, 

I am attempting to setup my Palworld server on my unraid setup. I am able to connect to the server via my localipaddress:8211 but when attempting to connect to the server via publicipaddress which is confirmed in the logs and whatismyip. I have gone through and made sure t hat the docker is using 8211 and setup port forwarding. I will provide pics for context. 

For additional context I do have plex setup and I am able to connect to my server remotely. 

PortFwd on Asus Router.png

port scan.png

4 minutes ago, nubbz1992 said:

Good afternoon, UnRaid Gamers, 

I am attempting to setup my Palworld server on my unraid setup. I am able to connect to the server via my localipaddress:8211 but when attempting to connect to the server via publicipaddress which is confirmed in the logs and whatismyip. I have gone through and made sure t hat the docker is using 8211 and setup port forwarding. I will provide pics for context. 

For additional context I do have plex setup and I am able to connect to my server remotely. 

PortFwd on Asus Router.png

port scan.png

Odd, this config looks like it should work. Maybe try setting the router to only accept UDP instead of both UDP and TCP. I couldn't imagine that would matter... but maybe??

OK, my turn... I have updated (and force updated) my Palworld server, enabled VALIDATE (and re-disabled it after saving) and yet my server is still showing 0.1.2.0.

Is there a way, from within the docker console, to see the Palworld version?:

Here is the log information on startup. Server has been stable since day 1.

image.thumb.png.8e94559869067e76ee5e61089033fc16.png

21 minutes ago, wes.crockett said:

Odd, this config looks like it should work. Maybe try setting the router to only accept UDP instead of both UDP and TCP. I couldn't imagine that would matter... but maybe??

I have tried both. and followed a few different sites. https://hub.tcno.co/games/palworld/dedicated_server/ and https://tice.tips/gaming/palworld-port-forward/ the one thing i can't do is below powershell in unraid but it shouldn't matter. 

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Palworld Port 27015" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP localport=27015
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Palworld Port 8211" dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP localport=8211

PalWorldSettings.ini where it has PublicIP="" should i key it as PublicIP=127.0.0.1 (except with my actual ip) Also, is there a thing in the ini that I need to setup so it is setup to be a publicip server for my friends to connect to?

Edited by nubbz1992
1 hour ago, dkersten said:

Any ideas on how to get the Palworld Docker to update to 1.3?  I've restarted it a few times, but still says the server version is different than the client. 

Please read this and the quoted post:

For me the update went just fine... ;)

21 minutes ago, wes.crockett said:

OK, my turn... I have updated (and force updated) my Palworld server, enabled VALIDATE (and re-disabled it after saving) and yet my server is still showing 0.1.2.0.

This can't work, you added Steam credentials, remove them and start over.

BTW are you the root user from Steam? :D

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, nubbz1992 said:

What's most likely is the cause of your issue is that your Hair Pin NAT is not working correctly.

Have you yet tried to connect to the container from outside your LAN with your public IP?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What's most likely is the cause of your issue is that your Hair Pin NAT is not working correctly.

Have you yet tried to connect to the container from outside your LAN with your public IP?

I will be honest I am looking into Hair Pin NAT and I am not sure I know this process. I have an Asus GT6 on stock OS. I have not been able to connect to the container from outside my lan since I am a homebody. I have been able to confirm that my plex server is working.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This can't work, you added Steam credentials, remove them and start over.

BTW are you the root user from Steam? :D

They re-autofill every time I remove them. It's been running like that since launch somehow :D

That said... THAT SAID... I stopped the container, blanked them out, started it and:

image.thumb.png.125b53e758c5cf677dc78fb8ec481e56.png

but if i go back in to settings now, again, root shows up with some dummy pw... lol

How do you even deal with us plebs? :D Thanks @ich777

Edited by wes.crockett
2 minutes ago, wes.crockett said:

They re-autofill every time I remove them. It's been running like that since launch somehow :D

This is most likely a autofill issue from your browser? Autofill is most of the time bad anyways, I would strongly recommend to disable it but that is only my opinion.

3 minutes ago, wes.crockett said:

How do you even deal with us plebs? :D Thanks @ich777

No comment... :P

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, nubbz1992 said:

I will be honest

Same issue as here, read this post and what he quoted:

5 minutes ago, nubbz1992 said:

I have not been able to connect to the container from outside my lan since I am a homebody.

You have to test it from outside your LAN, if Hair Pin NAT is not working then you can't connect with your public IP from your LAN.

A bit more information would be also nice next time, what is the error message?

23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Also read this post:

It looks like my isp had it locked out. contacted them and they have the ports open but they are going to provide me a dedicated ip address which should resolve the issue.  I will follow up once all the updates have been made

Untitled.png

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, nubbz1992 said:

It looks like my isp had it locked out. contacted them and they have the ports open but they are going to provide me a dedicated ip address which should resolve the issue.  I will follow up once all the updates have been made

Untitled.png

Wait, your ISP was like "Oh, yeah, sorry, here's a dedicated IP to solve the issue"? What glorious ISP do you use?!?!

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I just restarted my container about an hour ago and it was picking up the update just fine (you have to restart the container so that it pulls the update since it checks on every start from the container for new updates through steamcmd) :

Welcome to Pal Server[v0.1.3.0]

It will also tell you that in the log:

grafik.png.783b67aaa905d2e77a54e701d477d01e.png

thanks!!!

Is there an easy way to backup the server?  Other containers have an ability to just type something like

docker exec palworld-server backup

and it would back up the files in a specific folder.  Any thoughts?  I've only spun up a Palworld server because my friends have lost 2 worlds on thier own.  I'd like to keep this one alive, and/or have the ability to recover in case something goes sideways.

3 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

you are editing the ini from the Save folder, while the container is off?

Yes, i am editing the ini file while the docker container is stopped.

root@Tower:/mnt/user/appdata/palworld# ls -al
total 44132
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users      314 Jan 25 19:25 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      694 Jan 25 16:07 ../
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       68 Jan 25 16:36 Engine/
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users      654 Jan 25 16:28 Manifest_DebugFiles_Linux.txt*
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users     3027 Jan 25 16:28 Manifest_NonUFSFiles_Linux.txt*
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  7506646 Jan 25 16:28 Manifest_UFSFiles_Linux.txt*
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       78 Jan 25 16:36 Pal/
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users      252 Jan 25 16:28 PalServer.sh*
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users     2002 Jan 25 19:07 PalWorldSettings.ini*
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       28 Jan 25 16:36 linux64/