[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 minutes ago, dabbo said:

The docker container logs just show this then stop.

Because the verbose log output is disabled by default.

Go into the Docker template in Unraid, click on Show more settings... and set Verbose Log Output to true:

grafik.thumb.png.36d91618f3adfd975b6f35cd5a4b8e20.png

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dabbo said:

sorry I meant the actual Valheim server logs, the Docker container logs just show that the server started and then nothing else. I mean the logs the game generates like when people join or chat on the server, and other stuff like that. The docker container logs just show this then stop.

Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1715636761
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---

`/mnt/cache/appdata/valheim/Steam/logs/`

1 hour ago, TheExplorographer said:

Is this due to the Mistlands update that dropped today?

Nope, usually not.
Do you have BepInEx or Valheim+ enabled? Most of the times it is caused after an update and if one or the other is enabled.

You usually have to wait a bit so that the mods are updated.

EDIT: I just read your second post, it could be the case that the savegame got corrupt but that happens very rarely, maybe try to delete the save game (backup the old savegames first) and try to start the container and see if it is working properly (since you had the backup daemon enabled there should be a work one in the Backups folder).

Do you maybe can post the full log output?

Do you run the other servers with Valheim+ too?

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Because the verbose log output is disabled by default.

Go into the Docker template in Unraid, click on Show more settings... and set Verbose Log Output to true:

grafik.thumb.png.36d91618f3adfd975b6f35cd5a4b8e20.png

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

13 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

`/mnt/cache/appdata/valheim/Steam/logs/`

I checked in here but it looks like it's just logs for the steamcmd instance running in the container not the Valheim server itself

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Nope, usually not.
Do you have BepInEx or Valheim+ enabled? Most of the times it is caused after an update and if one or the other is enabled.

EDIT: I just read your second post, it could be the case that the savegame got corrupt but that happens very rarely, maybe try to delete the save game (backup the old savegames first) and try to start the container and see if it is working properly (since you had the backup daemon enabled there should be a work one in the Backups folder).

It must be because of Valheim Plus as it is still doing after deleting all files in /worlds_local  

50 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Nope, usually not.

Here is what my log says:

Your mono runtime and class libraries are out of sync.
The out of sync library is: /serverdata/serverfiles/unstripped_corlib/mscorlib.dll

When you update one from git you need to update, compile and install
the other too.
Do not report this as a bug unless you're sure you have updated correctly:
you probably have a broken mono install.
If you see other errors or faults after this message they are probably related
and you need to fix your mono install first.
Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:(nil)
Obtained 15 stack frames.
#0  0x00153ec245b050 in __sigaction
#1             (nil) in (Unknown)
#2  0x00000040efb0ab in (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.SafeStringMarshal:StringToUtf8 (string)
#3  0x00000040efafc3 in Mono.SafeStringMarshal:get_Value ()
#4  0x00000040efaf03 in System.Environment:internalGetEnvironmentVariable (string)
#5  0x00000040efae7f in System.Environment:GetEnvironmentVariable (string)
#6  0x00000040eec2a3 in System.TimeZoneInfo:CreateLocal ()
#7  0x00000040eebfe7 in System.TimeZoneInfo:get_Local ()
#8  0x00000040eebf77 in System.TimeZoneInfo:GetDateTimeNowUtcOffsetFromUtc (System.DateTime,bool&)
#9  0x00000040eeb69b in System.DateTime:get_Now ()
#10 0x00000040eeb203 in BepInEx.Preloader.Entrypoint:Main ()
#11 0x00000040eeb610 in (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
#12 0x00153ec07e5453 in mono_runtime_invoke
#13 0x00153ec083f761 in mono_gc_pending_finalizers
#14 0x00153ec05dff60 in (Unknown)
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

15 minutes ago, TheExplorographer said:

Your mono runtime and class libraries are out of sync.

Try the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Delete everything except the saves folder in your Valheim directory
    (maybe back up your Valheim+ configuration file but don't put it in the directory yet)
  3. Start the container again and see if it is working

Usually the mono error means that something is not quiet right

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Try the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Delete everything except the saves folder in your Valheim directory
    (maybe back up your Valheim+ configuration file but don't put it in the directory yet)
  3. Start the container again and see if it is working

Usually the mono error means that something is not quiet right

Rebuilding everything...lots of errors...but it seems to be running.  Will post a final analysis when it's actually up.

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 4:55 AM, Lethi said:

the download works now and it can handle a already downloaded version.

However I have to include a version on the folder name to make it recognize it, so instead of "BePiNex" I have to use something like "BepInEx-v5.4.18" and I think that makes some follow up code fail since the mods don't load (the server as such does), I believe if you download the .zip using your code it extracts it and the folder in there is always BePiNex without a version.

So maybe it's sufficient to do a folder check on Bepinex instead of Bepinex-*?

@Lethi after his update were you able to get the server working with Bepinex? I have completely deleted the container and wiped the files a few times and the server just crash loops when setting the "BepInEx" variable to true. As soon as I remove the true the server correctly starts again.

edit: Attached a screenshot of the console, it gets to start server and just closes.

loop.png

edit2: Attached what is dumped to server log

Fatal error. System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNETPlatform.GetMethodHandle(System.Reflection.MethodBase)
   at System.Delegate.CreateDelegateNoSecurityCheck(System.Type, System.Object, System.RuntimeMethodHandle)
   at System.Reflection.Emit.DynamicMethod.CreateDelegate(System.Type)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNETPlatform.GetMethodHandle(System.Reflection.MethodBase)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeILPlatform+<>c__DisplayClass29_0.<Pin>b__0(System.Reflection.MethodBase)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2[[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e],[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].GetOrAdd(System.__Canon, System.Func`2<System.__Canon,System.__Canon>)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeILPlatform.Pin(System.Reflection.MethodBase)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeILPlatform..ctor()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNETPlatform..ctor()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNETCorePlatform..ctor()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNETCore30Platform..ctor()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNET60Platform..ctor()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeNETCorePlatform.Create()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourHelper.get_Runtime()
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourHelper.GetIdentifiable(System.Reflection.MethodBase)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Detour..ctor(System.Reflection.MethodBase, System.Reflection.MethodBase, MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourConfig ByRef)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Detour..ctor(System.Reflection.MethodBase, System.Reflection.MethodBase, MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourConfig)
   at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Detour..ctor(System.Reflection.MethodBase, System.Reflection.MethodBase)
   at HarmonyLib.Internal.RuntimeFixes.StackTraceFixes.Install()
   at HarmonyLib.Harmony..cctor()
   at HarmonyLib.Harmony.CreateAndPatchAll(System.Type, System.String)
   at BepInEx.Preloader.RuntimeFixes.ConsoleSetOutFix.Apply()
   at BepInEx.Unity.IL2CPP.Preloader.Run()
   at BepInEx.Unity.IL2CPP.UnityPreloaderRunner.PreloaderMain()
   at Doorstop.Entrypoint.Start()

If it's the version of bepinex being downloaded I know this release exists https://github.com/Odjit/BepInEx/releases/tag/vrising-release I thought maybe I could set the variable to "true", have it download what it wants and then replace the files with these new ones but I still am never able to get the server to actually start or use bepinex.

I really only want to use the killfeed plugin, I have a 20~ person pvp server with friends and it depends on this unfortunately.

Edited by kjstan
Add image, add log
32 minutes ago, kjstan said:

@Lethi after his update were you able to get the server working with Bepinex? I have completely deleted the container and wiped the files a few times and the server just crash loops when setting the "BepInEx" variable to true. As soon as I remove the true the server correctly starts again.

BepInEx and V-Rising is not working with the new version 1.0 AFAIK, you have to leave it disabled for now.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:59 PM, suchamoneypit said:

Deleting everything but the .config and backups folder and starting the container like @ich777 recommended I do last time worked again, and the server is working now. However I am still confused as to why the container refuses to update normally without doing this. I left my other server as-is if anyone has suggestions I can test on that one, as this is bound to happen every single game update base on my experience so far. 

Valheim had another major update and I just wanted to say both my valheim servers would not update again for some reason. I had to manually delete everything but the .config and backups folder and restart to get them working again. My other gameserver templates from Ich777 work but for some reason valheim in particular does this. 

Easy fix now that I know, but I just figured I'd mention it. 

1 hour ago, suchamoneypit said:

Valheim had another major update and I just wanted to say both my valheim servers would not update again for some reason.

I really don‘t know why this is happening for some users… I haven‘t been able to reproduce this and if you read the last few comments the auto update is definitely working for other users.

This issue pops up from time to time and I really can‘t explain why this is happening.

Sorry, but I‘m glad that you‘ve fixed it yourself. :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, andrewkpln said:

Using steamcmd, can I downgrade/force a dedicated server to a specific version? i.e. How can I use the -beta flag to force a specific server version?

It should be right in the description from the Variable:

grafik.png.a12c6c12d3dc1a90d8f2b7fa436ee210.png

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

BepInEx and V-Rising is not working with the new version 1.0 AFAIK, you have to leave it disabled for now.

Posting here in case others come here with the same issue:

This release https://github.com/Odjit/BepInEx/releases/tag/vrising-release is working for dedicated servers. I tried overwriting the files in my share but the container will not attempt to load bepinex unless I set the variable to true which causes other issues. I checked out the support discord and it was suggested that I have to let Wine know it can load the winhttp dll. One way to do this is add the env variable WINEDLLOVERRIDES=winhttp=n,b

I added this and once again the server was crash looping, but it was clearly trying to load the files now as the config was generated correctly. In the end it looks like the issues are possibly caused by the container using an older version of Wine. A few people in the modding discord are having no issues doing what I am trying when using Wine 9 which was released to stable in mid January.

I have to have bepinex on my server to enable server whitelisting, unfortunately the server doesn't have this feature out of the box so I will continue to tweak things and see if I can get it to work.

Posted (edited)

Anyone can help to run mods on Avorion Server?

I added and edited the modconfig.lua in my galaxy folder like i read here https://avorion.fandom.com/wiki/Using_Mods_on_Dedicated_Servers

Whatever i tried, the server does not download any mods.

Same problem when i download mods manual and add a path to the modconfig.lua

In the Docker Log, i always have "Found 0 mods in "zocky/zocky/modconfig.lua"."

image.thumb.png.b44fa59c351a99e1fb9ea30bf30405d4.png

Edited by vollekanne
1 hour ago, vollekanne said:

In the Docker Log, i always have "Found 0 mods in "zocky/zocky/modconfig.lua"."

According to this something is wrong with your path:

modLocation = "" -- Only needed if you mod location is something besides the default of .../galaxies/avorion/galaxy/mods/

You don't need to specify a path as long as it's in the correct path from what I can see.

However maybe someone else is able to help because I can't help with modding, I only can help with basic support.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

According to this something is wrong with your path:

You don't need to specify a path as long as it's in the correct path from what I can see.

However maybe someone else is able to help because I can't help with modding, I only can help with basic support.

I removed modLocation = ""

And i tried with the path but nothing changed

That's why i asked here.

When i removemodLocation = "" and add steam workshop id and copy the file to my Windows Pc to run the steam dedicated server, i have no problem.

I have no idea what's the problem^^

Very new to hosting servers.  I have a question about a memory leak error that is in the logs.

I have V Rising setup and running on Steam and searchable.  I have 4 friends playing with me and we keep getting studder that gets worse and worse the longer we play.  I restart  before every session and its not bad.  I checked the logs when I start up and I got this:

[Server] Startup Completed - Disabling Scene Loading Systems
[Server] Shutting down Asynchronous Streaming
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 16,14
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 16,15
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 15,16
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 18,16
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 16,17
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 17,17
Registered WarEventMapNode in Chunk: 15,18
Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than the maximum lifespan of 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
To Debug, run app with -diag-job-temp-memory-leak-validation cmd line argument. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations.
EOS.Session - Entering ModifySessionAsync!
Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than the maximum lifespan of 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
To Debug, run app with -diag-job-temp-memory-leak-validation cmd line argument. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations.

I see the solution, I think, to run app with the  -diag-job-temp-memory-leak-validation cmd line argument.  I thought click on my docker and run Console with this line was the idea but clearly I'm doing that wrong.  How do I run the app with the leak validation line?  The more simple the explanation the better please. I clearly don't know where to go or how to use this command.  Your help is very much appreciated.  This is my first server I have actually running publicly.

3 hours ago, MakinBlaken said:

I see the solution, I think, to run app with

That shouldn‘t matter and ther shouldn‘t be a memory leak at all, please try to run the server as is and see if it really leaks memory.

But please do keep in mind that the more players are connected to your server the more RAM it will consume.

I‘ve never had any issues with the container since it should free up memory that isn‘t necessary any more on it‘s own.

I had this message also in my log but my container was running for weeks.

Posted (edited)

I am still a newbie in server hosting world, but I am trying to setup Valheim server in unraid docker and so far I've setup the port forwarding on my router to forward it to the docker with the correct ports, and the logs looks like this:

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---

I have added the server to my favorite by following your recommandation in the template (<server-ip>:<server-port + 1>) and yet I am still unable to connect, am I missing something? When I try to connect there is nothing happening in the logs... looks like it just cannot find the server at all

Edited by noax
change format of the logs from quote to code
1 hour ago, noax said:

and the logs looks like this

The server is running and waiting for connections.

1 hour ago, noax said:

I have added the server to my favorite by following your recommandation in the template

I don‘t know what you mean with that exactly…

1 hour ago, noax said:

When I try to connect there is nothing happening in the logs

Yes, because the verbosity log is disabled.

However could you please explain how do you try to connect? With your local IP, with your public IP?

I would recommend that you try only try to connect with your local server IP.

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to log with local server IP and nothing...

I've been trying to use my unraid server IP address with the port, and nothing... I am in LAN right now, and it just says Failed to connect, in game, I have no more information than that... When I add it to favorite, it only shows IP and port, not the name of the server

Edited by noax