[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really strange since a container shouldn't be able to crash the host.

This is a really strange behavior and I've never heard of such an issue before.

Do you experience any power spikes or something like that? What power supply are you using, could it be possible that it is the cause?

However can you do a memtest? This sound more like a issue that another user had with another container (sorry but I couldn't remember which one it was) but the culprit was a defective RAM stick and it only happened with this specific game server.

This is of course just a vague guess but I've now also tried it and the container is running for almost two hours on my i5-10600

Nope no power spikes or anything. gonna do a memtest tonight just to see. Otherwise i have no clue what the problem could be.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you stop the container before editing the file your do you edit the file and then restart the container?

I've mostly been allowing users from within the game or rcon and so it writes out the allowlist.json file. I've then backed up the file so I can restore it when it disappears again. Restoring sometimes fails and that may be because I need to stop the container first -- I'll try that next.

is this only happening after a new release from Minecraft Bedrock is installed?

Yes, I suspect this is the case but I have not tested it since I have a backup plugin that restarts the containers weekly. On restart it would automatically update.

I make a little change to the update routine, this should preserve the allowlist hopefully.

The update will be available in a few minutes (you have to update the container itself).

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr.pink said:

Nope no power spikes or anything. gonna do a memtest tonight just to see. Otherwise i have no clue what the problem could be.

got a bit further...

Now the container loops (server starts and crashes loops it seems) But i get this in the unraid logs.  and that keeps repeating itself. if i stop the container it stops putting this out. @ich777

Aug 29 21:20:36 MOS kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): vetheae5db4: link becomes ready
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(vetheae5db4) entered disabled state
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: vetheaaddb4: renamed from eth0
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: device vetheae5db4 left promiscuous mode
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth2ce1934) entered blocking state
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth2ce1934) entered disabled state
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: device veth2ce1934 entered promiscuous mode
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth2ce1934) entered blocking state
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth2ce1934) entered forwarding state
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: eth0: renamed from veth3e4a4d1
Aug 29 21:20:57 MOS kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth2ce1934: link becomes ready
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth2ce1934) entered disabled state
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: veth3e4a4d1: renamed from eth0
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: device veth2ce1934 left promiscuous mode
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth52fc367) entered blocking state
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth52fc367) entered disabled state
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: device veth52fc367 entered promiscuous mode
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth52fc367) entered blocking state
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: docker0: port 1(veth52fc367) entered forwarding state
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: eth0: renamed from veth72f3cdf
Aug 29 21:21:20 MOS kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth52fc367: link becomes ready

36 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

But i get this in the unraid logs.  and that keeps repeating itself. if i stop the container it stops putting this out.

This is the default messag that a container produces if you start and stop it.

37 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

Now the container loops

A bit more detail please. Stop the container and post the full log please.

36 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

How do i download that.

docker container logs <CONTAINERNAME> > /mnt/user/appdata/container.log

Wouldn't it be maybe easier to start over with a fresh install, if it loops something is broken in the container or in the directory for V-Rising.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:
docker container logs <CONTAINERNAME> > /mnt/user/appdata/container.log

Wouldn't it be maybe easier to start over with a fresh install, if it loops something is broken in the container or in the directory for V-Rising.

then we are back to the crashing the whole server problem

38 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

then we are back to the crashing the whole server problem

But what is the difference, I assume that it now can't find the server files and that's because it's not crashing but keep in mind I can't reproduce this over here, the container does start fine and it doesn't crash the whole server.

EDIT: I've just set up another container to test and let it run for a few hours, will post a follow up screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.9798cc30a97adf861a7b5ae470052665.png

But from what I see, everything is working just fine as the last time I've tried it.

@Mr.pink I'll let it run over the night:

grafik.thumb.png.d9310a9366305f7fc8a8eba571df8710.png

But no issue over here, it does it saves and so on, so it must be related to your machine.

EDIT: I'm a complete idiot sometimes, had to reboot today morning because of another reason and it ran just fine but I have no screenshot because well I've rebooted... :/

If you want me too I can let it running for another day but it won't make much difference.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Mr.pink I'll let it run over the night:

grafik.thumb.png.d9310a9366305f7fc8a8eba571df8710.png

But no issue over here, it does it saves and so on, so it must be related to your machine.

EDIT: I'm a complete idiot sometimes, had to reboot today morning because of another reason and it ran just fine but I have no screenshot because well I've rebooted... :/

If you want me too I can let it running for another day but it won't make much difference.

Sorry for late response.

But the container logs are empty for some reason.

Probably it cant find some files as during install of the container my server crashes. But this time it atleast went so far it could install some of it.

even tried to install it somewhere else. Thinkin of just giving up atm >.<

31 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

But the container logs are empty for some reason.

What? Are you sure that nothing else is broken on your system? If they are empty then there must be something wrong.

32 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

Probably it cant find some files as during install of the container my server crashes. But this time it atleast went so far it could install some of it.

Now it crashes when installing the server?

Have you yet tried to install another container and see if it's the same, maybe a container that uses WINE too (Icarus, LifeIsFeudal,...).

33 minutes ago, Mr.pink said:

even tried to install it somewhere else.

What do you mean with that? On another system?

29 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What? Are you sure that nothing else is broken on your system? If they are empty then there must be something wrong.

Now it crashes when installing the server?

Have you yet tried to install another container and see if it's the same, maybe a container that uses WINE too (Icarus, LifeIsFeudal,...).

What do you mean with that? On another system?

1. not what i can find. If something is hardware broken it shouldnt be that stable that it is installing lots of different dockers.

2. Always crashed when installing it. But it got a little further before crash so now its "semi installed" i guess.

3. Tried a few of your servers that uses wine without problem. Both Icarus and LifeIsFeudal. Tried some bigger servers like ARK that i know is resource heavy.

@Mr.pink sorry I really can't help here.

You have to know that all my containers work the same:

1. Download SteamCMD
  2. Download the game server through SteamCMD
  3. Prepare the game server
  4. Start the game server

If it even fails at step 2 other containers must have the same issue because there is nothing done differently. All my Steam containers work completely the same up to step 2.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@Mr.pink sorry I really can't help here.

You have to know that all my containers work the same:

1. Download SteamCMD
  2. Download the game server through SteamCMD
  3. Prepare the game server
  4. Start the game server

If it even fails at step 2 other containers must have the same issue because there is nothing done differently. All my Steam containers work completely the same up to step 2.

Thats why im so confused by this problem. Dont think its the games/containers fault. gonna try start logging the whole machine install it again and se if the unraid loggs say something before it crashes. Thansk for the help thou 😃 much appriciated!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ToastedPirate said:

I have to fully remove everything related to the game to get it to boot up again

This is not much information that you‘ve given here but I assume that you have left the path in the template at the default which is /mnt/cache/… and in the share settings where your SotF direcotry is located is most certainly set that the files are moved from the cache to the Array.

I‘m assuming this because it is not able to find the game files or at least not all.

You either have to set the share where SotF is located to stay on the cache or set the path to /mnt/user/… where I would always recommend that you set the share to stay on the cache.