[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello! 

I'm having issues configuring my Assetto Corsa game server.

Every time I edit a file saved on appdata to configure my server and force a restart to apply those changes, the files get re-written.

Should I not edit those files? How do I configure the server if not?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, RJ92 said:

Hello! 

I'm having issues configuring my Assetto Corsa game server.

Every time I edit a file saved on appdata to configure my server and force a restart to apply those changes, the files get re-written.

Should I not edit those files? How do I configure the server if not?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried stopping the container, then editing the files and subsequently starting the container to see if your change sticks? Changing files of running systems typically doesnt work.

Edited by Mainfrezzer
  • Like 1
On 9/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, CaptainTrap said:

Adding the docker parameter "FORCE_X86" set to true fixed my issue. Now I just need to get battleeye working for external connections and mods loaded.

Hi Ich. This is perplexing then as when i set to false the server crashes. When i set to true its stable and connects to steam. could there be bios settings that solve this?

31 minutes ago, CaptainTrap said:

Hi Ich. This is perplexing then as when i set to false the server crashes. When i set to true its stable and connects to steam. could there be bios settings that solve this?

Hi ich, I just checked the log files at the point of crash from the docker console and this is the line logged indicating a segmentation fault when FORCE_86 is set to false:

15:24:48 Host identity created.

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 69:     66 Segmentation fault     ./arma3server_x64 ${GAME_PARAMS}

57 minutes ago, CaptainTrap said:

could there be bios settings that solve this?

Usually not.

24 minutes ago, CaptainTrap said:

segmentation fault when FORCE_86 is set to false

This happens on some systems don‘t worry too much about it, if it runs fine in x86 mode than it‘s fine too.

1 hour ago, turnipisum said:

I have 3 minecraft basic server's up and running, every thing works game wise but i can't get the tcp web console to work on any of them chrome or edge.

A bit more information please, what ports have you changed or what did you do exactly?

Do you have by any chance a screenshot from your Docker template?

I think you are talking about that correct:

grafik.thumb.png.3a04ce131c0f408c0dcd0171356d3f97.png

On 9/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, ich777 said:

What version conflict do you get?

When I start the Game and got to Server Manager to start a session from my Server, i get the following Screen:

grafik.thumb.png.e6ace5ca2554c46cd98898033443419c.png

On 9/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, ich777 said:

What version do you use on your PC and what on your Server?

Do you maybe use another branch on your PC?

I'm not completly sure how to view the Version. I attach some screenshot from the game and the Docker page, maybe you can see whats mismatching.

grafik.png.60662cf90ab25d7b55d228981563fe0c.png

grafik.thumb.png.297594e111560e219ae15c272adb44b7.png

This config worked for quite a long time, but since I updatet the game some weeks ago, I always get the message of the mismatch.

1 minute ago, b_tob said:

This config worked for quite a long time, but since I updatet the game some weeks ago, I always get the message of the mismatch.

Have you yet tried to force a update with the Validation Installation (please don't forget to unset it again after it finished verifying)?

You can also try to set up a second instance if that is working.

6 minutes ago, b_tob said:

Could there be a problem with steamcmd?

No.

22 minutes ago, b_tob said:

grafik.png.60662cf90ab25d7b55d228981563fe0c.png

Ah, now I saw it... You are using the experimental client. You have to add that to the GAME_ID:

-beta experimental

You are on the experimental branch and therefore you have to also use the experimental branch on the server (please note that switching branches needs validation the installation once).

grafik.thumb.png.b932f0ae7962788363fd2b4434e1dad1.png

See also here: Click

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, front-line-hearthstone1374 said:

Or should I set port forward.

Yes, you should definitely do the port forwarding.

My server is only visible on the LAN after I do a proper port forwading.

Just to be sure you changed nothing in terms of port forwarding in the template correct?

13 minutes ago, front-line-hearthstone1374 said:

Ok thx. Is that necessary for all servers that are from STEAM.

Nope, only for a few of them. V-Rising back then was such a game but they've implemented LAN mode but you have to pass over an argument to start it in LAN mode for example. AssettoCorsa and AssettoCorsaCompetitione is online only and a few more but I don't remember all of them.

However most of them work fine in LAN too and sometimes need a special argument to be passed over <- but that is only necessary for a few games.

Running Project Zomboid with mods. Was having an issue when it tries to update mods:

Workshop: onItemNotDownloaded itemID=<workshop_id> result=2.
Workshop: item state DownloadPending -> Fail ID=<workshop_id>.

After some research, I figured out I needed to delete the 'appmanifest' files in the 'steamapps' folder. Instead of manually doing this every time mods update, I decided to add some code to the 'start-server.sh' script (between setting the 'INSTDIR' variable and the if-else block that starts the server) to do it automatically before the server starts:

# enable ** globbing in bash
shopt -s globstar

# did the last restart get borked on updates?
borked=[ $(tail -1 $INSTDIR/Zomboid/server-console.txt) =~ 'Fail ID=' ]

if [[ $borked ]]; then
  # remove/delete workshop manifest files to fix borked updates
  rm $INSTDIR/steamapps/**/appmanifest_*.acf
fi

Hope this helps someone with the same issue

• Like 1
1 hour ago, irreparable-civilization6266 said:

Hope this helps someone with the same issue

Would that maybe also work with a user.sh that is executed early in the start from the container?

Just asking because I'm not a big fan of modifying the start script because this will be discarded if you update the container or change anything in the template.