[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

12 hours ago, Maxplosive said:

Like this? Left external host empty.

Exactly, with that it will forward requests from all IP addresses on the three ports from external (WAN) your specified internal IP address and port.

12 hours ago, Maxplosive said:

#DSE Invalid public ip [0.0.0.0]

Are you sure that you are not behind a CG-NAT? Do you have other services running on your server which are reachable from outside your network?

Do you have a static or dynamic external IP address?

You can add this to your config file (please stop the container and then edit the config file) :

"SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": true,

Source from that on Reddit: Click

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, with that it will forward requests from all IP addresses on the three ports from external (WAN) your specified internal IP address and port.

Are you sure that you are not behind a CG-NAT? Do you have other services running on your server which are reachable from outside your network?

Do you have a static or dynamic external IP address?

You can add this to your config file (please stop the container and then edit the config file) :

"SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": true,

Source from that on Reddit: Click

Really terrible at networking, how do I know if I'm behind a CG-NAT? I don't know much about my internet since it's included in the rent. I saw that I have DHCP enabled, does that affect anything? 

image.png.88fc5d182d3befa8ad2c77f7679baaee.png

If add SkipNetwork, then it used to run previously but I think my friend couldn't connect, only I could. I don't know if you're familiar with it but my friend is connected to my server with Tailscale, can he connect through that since it only seems  to work 'locally' for me?

Edit: Actually I think it works now, have to have a friend double check but I connected to my phones hotspot so I was outside of the network and found the server on the list of dedicated servers and could connect! 

Yep now it works :)

Edited by Maxplosive

I have an older unraid version 6.9.1, but it's been stable for the purpose it serves.

Installing any game server docker, fails at updating streamcmd. I've used this before and always been quite straightforward. I had this docker running on another server I shutdown, I expected to start it up easily on this machine.

Focus was on installing ich777/steamcmd:valheim but tried 5 others at least.

Console log only shows

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
SteamCMD not found!
steamcmd.sh
linux32/steamcmd
linux32/steamerrorreporter
linux32/libstdc++.so.6
linux32/crashhandler.so
---Update SteamCMD---

If I use the console on Valheim docker and run steamcmd manually, I get the following error.

root@b6c7065c4195:/serverdata/steamcmd# ./steamcmd.sh 
Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
threadtools.cpp (3409) : Assertion Failed: Failed to create thread (error 0x1)

If I install steamcmd/steamcmd from the command line using the cs go example, only changing the local paths. This error keeps popping up in the log.

src/clientdll/cminterface.cpp (2861) : Assertion Failed: m_VecNetAdrNetFilterCMs.Count() > 0

I also tried cm2network/steamcmd which seemed to install and download all the initial steam files.

Am I missing something really simple here?

Edited by Tuftuf

Hi there!

I'm trying to host the Don't starve togheter container and I'm not entirely sure how to host the game server, for example wich port do i have to forward from my firewall? It may be a dumb question but I didn't exactly find any guide that specify the ports.

Another question, does the server get the "Cluster name" that I assignd? or is it different?

Thanks

Edited by SpicyNugget
3 hours ago, Tuftuf said:

Installing any game server docker, fails at updating streamcmd. I've used this before and always been quite straightforward. I had this docker running on another server I shutdown, I expected to start it up easily on this machine.

Sorry but I can't support that old Unraid versions since if you scroll back about 100 pages users had the same issue when 6.10 was released and they told me they where still on 6.8.3 and a upgrade solved the issue.

The cause of the issue is that I use fairly new base images and they are simply most of the times are not compatible anymore with the runc version that is used on such old Unraid versions.

5 hours ago, Maxplosive said:

If add SkipNetwork, then it used to run previously but I think my friend couldn't connect, only I could. I don't know if you're familiar with it but my friend is connected to my server with Tailscale, can he connect through that since it only seems  to work 'locally' for me?

Lol, then you don't have to port forward anything, he just needs to connect with your local IP from your server (it could be the case that you have to enable LAN only but I don't know how to do that for SotF).

However what you are doing is a big security risk since he can basically is in your local network, but that's up to you.

5 hours ago, Maxplosive said:

Yep now it works :)

Glad that you've figured it out.

1 hour ago, SpicyNugget said:

wich port do i have to forward from my firewall?

The ports which are specified in the template.

It may be a dumb question but I didn't exactly find any guide that specify the ports.

I always specify the ports with the appropriate protocol in my containers, you don't need more or less, just the ports specified in there.

Another question, does the server get the "Cluster name" that I assignd? or is it different?

IIRC that you assigned.

Have you read the description from the container to how to create a token and so on?

You should just look all up, watch the logs and then we can troubleshoot.

Here is also a good guide on how to set up a dedicated server, everything initially is done by the container, simply start at the Token here.

Hey ich, I went back through the forum looking at the comments about farm sim 22 and I was just curious on if you ever did try setting something up, or if you still needed two copies of the game to even try it.

If you haven't tried yet and would still be willing to give it a shot, I'd be willing to get you the copies of the game, if you're interested in that.

Thanks again for all you do

29 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

If you haven't tried yet and would still be willing to give it a shot, I'd be willing to get you the copies of the game, if you're interested in that.

Please look at that post:

Hi Ich,

I've tried using the arkse docker and AMP docker both using steamcmd, but can't get the server to show up on the public steam server list. Using the ARKSE app with steamcmd on UNRAID v6.12.6. I currently have the network type set as "Host" to avoid any NAT'ing problems. I am able to discover the game in steam LAN tab as 192.168.1.9:7777 and in UNRAID console using "netstat -lptun" it shows it binding to 0.0.0.0 port 7777 but NOT as "LISTEN". Not sure if this is a problem or not.

I'm confident the portforwarding rules are set correctly as I have a minecraft server running in another docker and working, although those communicate over tcp.

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:7777            0.0.0.0:*                           15771/docker-proxy  
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:7778            0.0.0.0:*                           15744/docker-proxy  
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:27015           0.0.0.0:*                           15722/docker-proxy                  
udp6       0      0 :::7777                 :::*                                15779/docker-proxy  
udp6       0      0 :::7778                 :::*                                15750/docker-proxy    
udp6       0      0 :::27015                :::*                                15728/docker-proxy  

image.png.c1a6312a4c29291b62a85e6ec27a04b2.png

image.thumb.png.25caaec77f247559c24e074c6c15d4cd.png

Mikrotik Portforwading settings

image.thumb.png.4e53aa88d39b76e645dd1db67779a462.png

There seems to be traffic coming in on port 27015 and forwarding correctly to my internal server 192.168.1.9

image.png.c81cd2a0541b0222300133cf7e61d11c.png

Edited by vovik
7 hours ago, vovik said:

AMP docker

I have no AMP Docker, just a AMP LXC container.

7 hours ago, vovik said:

but can't get the server to show up on the public steam server list

Are you talking about the Steam or the In-Game Server list?

7 hours ago, vovik said:

I currently have the network type set as "Host" to avoid any NAT'ing problems.

I really would recommend to not use Host and instead use the default bridge network.

7 hours ago, vovik said:

it shows it binding to 0.0.0.0 port 7777 but NOT as "LISTEN"

This is perfectly fine.

7 hours ago, vovik said:

Mikrotik Portforwading settings

I'm not that familiar with MikroTik port forwarding but shouldn't you also set the destination address to your servers internal IP address? As said, I might miss something here because I'm not that familiar with MikroTik port forwarding is working.

Are you sure all the boxes in the in game server list are ticked correctly? ARK is really picky about those check boxes and values on the in game server list and one wrong set check box can prevent the server from showing up.

Have you yet tried to connect with your public IP to from the in game console to the server?

Have you yet tried to connect to the server from outside your network just to make sure it is not a Hair pin NAT issue?

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to connect to the server from outside your network just to make sure it is not a Hair pin NAT issue?

I did try this yesterday with my phone's hotspot but it was still failing, however I re-tested it today with a friend and they are able to see the server after adding it to their "Favorites" as my <public IP>:27015 

It seems that might have been my problem all along. I misunderstood how steam server list works. It seems it provides the list to your client at which point your client checks if it can communicate to those servers. Since I couldn't connect to my own public IP it never showed my server for me. I can see my own server from another IP or using VPN.

SEOS keywords below, please ignore

Steam ARK steamcmd unofficial session not showing up, LAN works, friends can't see ARK server, port 27015, port 7777, can't see server but LAN works, portforwad but server not showing on listing, dedicated ark server not showing on listing

Edited by vovik
3 hours ago, vovik said:

I did try this yesterday with my phone's hotspot but it was still failing, however I re-tested it today with a friend and they are able to see the server after adding it to their "Favorites" as my <public IP>:27015 

Out of curiosity I just tried it and have no issues whatsoever:

grafik.thumb.png.bb03d1f628c9f2cc69972131ee45efe7.png

Are you sure you've ticked the box to show password protected servers?

These are my Docker template settings:
grafik.thumb.png.4b258e9f25cf2f13aeb0f554728b7385.png

I just forwarded Port 7777, 7778 and 27015 (all UDP) in my Firewall and that's it.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Out of curiosity I just tried it and have no issues whatsoever:

Sorry for the confusion, it is working now. The problem was that the server did not show up for me only, because of Hair pin NAT issue which led me to believe it wasn't public.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just started using your Arma3 docker and works fantastically, i have created a second server installed a second docker with a different name and also created new file paths so it is separate from the first server. I have changed all the game ports by 100 eg 2402-2406 also change the game port in the more settings drop down but when i load the second server it is still connecting to port 2302,2303 see below. Should this be 2402 and 2403?

13:05:46 Dedicated host created.
dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
13:06:07 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
Arma 3 Console version 2.14.150957 x86 : port 2302
13:06:07 Host identity created.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I‘m not too sure for Arma3 anymore but please change the ports in the configuration to. I think that is what is causing the issue.

Which configuration? the server.cfg does not have port allocations in it.

44 minutes ago, W3S said:

Which configuration? the server.cfg does not have port allocations in it.

Not too sure as said before since I haven't done anything with ARMA3 in a long time.

Try to add this to your GAME_PARAMS:

-port=2402

just that it looks like:

grafik.thumb.png.b6d92c8722a4607109eb92d646587ad4.png

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Not too sure as said before since I haven't done anything with ARMA3 in a long time.

Try to add this to your GAME_PARAMS:

-port=2402

just that it looks like:

grafik.thumb.png.b6d92c8722a4607109eb92d646587ad4.png

Thanks mate that worked.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to get the Stationeers container to work?

After changing the GAME_PARAMS to:

-loadlatest loadlatest Europa Europa AutoSave true SaveInterval 30

I'm finally able to get the server to launch I still can't connect.

Has anyone gotten to this point before and found a way to fix?

A big thank you to MXlvlnoob on the stationeers discord who was able to help me get to this point.

Stationeers logs.png

Screenshot 2024-01-08 093822.png

Screenshot 2024-01-08 093854.png

Edited by Jippolatta
11 hours ago, Jippolatta said:

Has anyone gotten to this point before and found a way to fix?

The container is not working currently as another user reported on the previous page I think.

I haven't got time yet to fix that.

See next post.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:27 AM, thlillyr said:

Thanks for looking into that!!!

11 hours ago, Jippolatta said:

Has anyone been able to get the Stationeers container to work?

The container is now fixed.

It works now a bit different then it used to, you now configure your server with the file 'settings.xml' which lives in the main data directory from the container and you only have to provide -difficulty and -loadlatest like:

-difficulty easy -loadlatest Mars Mars

in GAME_PARAMS (in the above case you load the world "Mars" which runs on the map "Mars").

For all new installations the Docker template is updated and will work fine from now on (maybe takes two hours for CA to pick up the changes in the template), for existing installations you have to port over your settings from default.ini to settings.xml and customize the GAME_PARAMS like above.

Please also don't forget to update the Docker container itself in the first place.