[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 minutes ago, spicyyee said:

Is this a the app issue or an issue on my end?

Sorry to say but most certainly something on your side… 😕

15 minutes ago, spicyyee said:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 120:    66 Killed    

Don‘t know what happened there but on what hardware do you run the container? Did you change something in the template?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry to say but most certainly something on your side… 😕

Don‘t know what happened there but on what hardware do you run the container? Did you change something in the template?

Hey- thanks for the quick response!

No i didnt modify anything other than the server files for the saves and uses. I think i figured it out though looking at the unraid log:

Feb  3 14:04:48 Tower kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 22353 (PalServer-Linux) total-vm:18306524kB, anon-rss:13482188kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB, UID:99 pgtables:28796kB oom_score_adj:0

Looks like I just dont have enough memory for the amount of users on (5-6). 

Hardware:

Ryzen 3200g

16GB 3200 RAM

Probably will need 32GB reading around 

12 minutes ago, spicyyee said:

Probably will need 32GB reading around 

Currently there are 8 users on my server and it consumes about 35GB of RAM.

Even 32GB of total system memory are not much…

…and yes, that was an OOM error and that‘s why it was killed, I would recommend that you restart the whole server because most certainly other things got killed too.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Currently there are 8 users on my server and it consumes about 35GB of RAM.

Even 32GB of total system memory are not much…

…and yes, that was an OOM error and that‘s why it was killed, I would recommend that you restart the whole server because most certainly other things got killed too.

Noted- 16GB is on the way already. I'm hoping itll be enough for until we get tired of the game lol. I dont really want to buy even more ram just for this lol.

Thanks!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kesra said:

I am trying to use https://github.com/palworldlol/palworld-exporter
cant make the palworld-exporter to connect via rcon with "ich777/steamcmd:palworld"
but it works fine with "thijsvanloef/palworld-server-docker:latest"

so there might be some rcon flag difference in "ich777/steamcmd:palworld"

try -RCON=true

also if using youre external ip, make sure the port is forwarded.

3 hours ago, Kesra said:

so there might be some rcon flag difference in "ich777/steamcmd:palworld"

No, why should it be different, it‘s the same game…

What does not work exactly? 

3 hours ago, Kesra said:

I am already using RCON since server installed and the server is up too.

And are you sure that RCON is working and enabled correctly? Have you yet tried to connect through RCON through my plugin from the command line?

You enable it usually in the config, stop the container, edit the config and set RCON to true and after that start the container again.

Palworld, if i edit the Palworld config file and for example change the name, password etc. saving the file, restart the server, it resets to stock settings... 10x checked the file before restart , it keep change until i restart the server, after that it resets the serverconfig file...:/

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This was discussed multiple times here :D, please take a look at this post (last two paragraph) :

omg, sry xD im used to minecraft servers haha there i can edit it while server is running and just reboot - lel :D

thanks and sry, im not conform with searching in forums, it confuses me a lot sometimes with 1000+ results haha feel huggd

1 hour ago, Encore said:

it confuses me a lot sometimes with 1000+ results haha feel huggd

I think if you look one or two pages back you will get the answer too sonce this question comes up every two pages I think. 🤪

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I just now tried it and it is working flawlessly over here...

wow really ???
could you please tell me how you managed to install it and run it ??
pls @ich777 i spent 6 hours straight trying my head gonna blow up, you got it up and running in no time 
It shows me this but I am sure i installed it wrong way maybe:
image.thumb.png.d97c229bf58f96832f961daa44e0687d.png

Hi all,

TLDR:

Can't access container VIA WAN ip but can access via LAN ip. Did test outside of network to see about NAT reflection issue. Is issue pfsense or docker?

Issue:

I have another port forwarding issue. Sorry. I have Palworld on a container. I can access VIA my LAN ip so 10.0.0.1:8211 for example. However my WAN isn't accessible. I have tested from both inside my network and outside of it.

Network Setup:

I have a pfsense firewall. I do have port forwarding working for my plex server for example. When I forward TCP / UDP for 8211 to my docker container it doesn't seem to reach though. I did assume it was a NAT reflection issue but again I tested outside of the network as well on another machine and still could not connect.

Question:

Should I map another port or is this some sort of pfsense firewall NAT forwarding issue?

1 hour ago, kernelpaniced said:

pfsense

If it is not working then it seems it's a port forwarding issue, I hope you did forward your UNRAIDIP:8211 and as the protocol UDP correct?

When I forward TCP / UDP for 8211 to my docker container it doesn't seem to reach though.

Only UDP not both!

Should I map another port or is this some sort of pfsense firewall NAT forwarding issue?

I think it's a port forwarding issue, I don't use pfSense anymore because for home usage OPNsense is more user friendly and not that enterprise oriented.

However if NAT reflection is not set up properly you won't be able to connect from inside your LAN with your Public IP.