[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It sure does ship with FiveM

Go to the server folder and then to: .../citizen/system_resources/monitor <- this is txAdmin.

Updates are up to you, you can download it from here.

There are plenty tutorials out there about that (took me a few minutes to figure it out how this is working :D ).

Any logs or something?

For FiveM I'll check out some tutorials on it :)

For Icarus I'm seeing something to a similar post but I'm trying your recommendation there first of deleting the appdata directory and docker as it's fresh anyways and try to reinstall of it first.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It sure does ship with FiveM

Go to the server folder and then to: .../citizen/system_resources/monitor <- this is txAdmin.

Updates are up to you, you can download it from here.

There are plenty tutorials out there about that (took me a few minutes to figure it out how this is working :D ).

Any logs or something?

So following up with Icarus.

2024.02.06-21.25.07:353][  0]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.000431
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:353][  0]LogGameMode: Display: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:354][  0]LogLocalSessionSubsystem: Display: ResetActiveProspect - ProspectID: NULL | ProspectDTKey: NULL
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogContent: Pak meta checks passed.
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogDedicatedServerEntry: ------------------------------------------------
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogDedicatedServerEntry: -- Dedicated server begin processing commands --
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogDedicatedServerEntry: ------------------------------------------------
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogIcarusGameInstance:   ====> Version: 2.1.16.119362-Shipping-Hypatia <====
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogGameState: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogIcarusGameInstance: HandlePostLoadMap - WorldMapName: DedicatedServerEntry
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogLoad: Took 0.131247 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/Maps/DedicatedServerEntry)
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:355][  0]LogInit: Display: Engine is initialized. Leaving FEngineLoop::Init()
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:356][  0]LogLoad: (Engine Initialization) Total time: 9.75 seconds
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:356][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> r.FidelityFX.FSR.Enabled is now: 0
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:356][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> FSR Mode is now: 0
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:357][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: >> ResolutionScale is now 0 (0x0)
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:357][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> r.VolumetricRenderTarget.Mode: 1 => 1
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:357][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> r.VolumetricRenderTarget.UpsamplingMode: 4 => 4
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:358][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> r.FidelityFX.FSR.Enabled is now: 0
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:358][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> FSR Mode is now: 0
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:358][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> r.FidelityFX.FSR.RCAS.Sharpness is now: 0.950000 => 0.2
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:359][  0]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.RayTracing' with 'SetByGameSetting' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByProjectSetting'. Value remains '1'
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:359][  0]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.RTXGI.DDGI' with 'SetByGameSetting' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByProjectSetting'. Value remains 'true'
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:365][  0]LogIcarusGraphicsSettings: Warning: >> AA Method is now: 2
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:365][  0]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByGameSetting'. Value remains '2'
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:366][  0]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.ContactShadows' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByGameSetting'. Value remains '1'
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:366][  0]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByGameSetting'. Value remains '1'
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:366][  0]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.Streaming.PoolSize' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByGameSetting'. Value remains '4500'
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:440][  0]LogUObjectHash: Compacting FUObjectHashTables data took   5.99ms
[2024.02.06-21.25.07:455][  1]IcarusOSSLog: Error: OnResUserTicket : No player found

Is what I am getting when trying to start the container each time, from what I was reading this seems like normal startup on other threads but it never shows up in the server browser nor can I direct connect.

Any ideas? I tried both with and without a steam account signed in and I keep getting the same one.

On 2/4/2024 at 3:51 PM, kernelpaniced said:

Thanks for the reply! I may end up switching to OPNsense eventually. I left Unifi because I wanted to simply my router management some and have extra software packages. Maybe pfsense isn't it and OPNsense is!

My unraid is assigned a static IP so I assigned the port forward to that. I have successfully done the same for Syncthing and Plex.

I am able to connect to my Plex and Syncthing services VIA my public IP while connected to my LAN.

The rule was set to TCP / UDP I have now changed it to just UDP.

I did another test and was still unable to connect via WAN address. The docker container's network type is bridge is that ok?

I'm on pfsense with no problem. Check your Nat and rules, also don't forget the order is very important. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

Is what I am getting when trying to start the container each time, from what I was reading this seems like normal startup on other threads but it never shows up in the server browser nor can I direct connect.

Yes, this is indeed a normal startup from the dedicated server.

3 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

with and without a steam account signed in

Please only use your Steam credentials when they are not hidden away in the Show more section and are marked with a red asterisk.

Do you try your Public or your Server IP?

Did you change anything in the template?

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, this is indeed a normal startup from the dedicated server.

Please only use your Steam credentials when they are not hidden away in the Show more section and are marked with a red asterisk.

Do you try your Public or your Server IP?

Did you change anything in the template?

This was a fresh install on mine, removed the folder from appdata and removed the container then went back to CA and downloaded it again, this was first boot after that. Upon doing the fresh install I haven't changed anything on the template or in the config page.

I tried both my public IP as well as my internal RFC1918 space with the port 17777 and I'm not getting anything.

I'm not seeing any conflicting ports in use either under docker allocations.

image.thumb.png.a212f14930c0b1c38b889bdf671fff2d.png

Edited by Milhouz
5 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

IP as well as my internal RFC1918 space

?

You mean your Server IP correct? RFC1918 is the range for private addresses.

6 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

I'm not seeing any conflicting ports in use either under docker allocations.

I try this tomorrow, it‘s getting late over here…

23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

?

You mean your Server IP correct? RFC1918 is the range for private addresses.

I try this tomorrow, it‘s getting late over here…

Actually I might just be an idiot and need to have port forwarded both ports and not just the game one 🤦‍♂️

But yeah my Server one is 10.0.20.12

Port Forwarding Both worked. Sorry for bugging you! Just wish I knew more about Docker and how to do this stuff.

Edited by Milhouz
  • Like 1
On 2/5/2024 at 5:46 PM, ich777 said:

Don't worry about the shutdown, the container will automatically restart if the game is shutdown. ;)

Is this for all or most of your game docker containers or only Palworld?

I actually have a few scripts to "gracefully" shutdown the server via rcon if the docker container is running, and then the container itself. But if it auto restarts and it is doing stuff again it could maybe cause issues if i then abruptly stop the container? If i needed to restart the game I've always used the docker restart command.

11 minutes ago, Ocgineer said:

Is this for all or most of your game docker containers or only Palworld?

It should be the case for all but keep in mind some game servers have a fixed save interval and do not save when you gracefully shutdown the server.

I actually have a few scripts to "gracefully" shutdown the server via rcon if the docker container is running, and then the container itself.

You usually just need to stop the container, maybe for some games it would be wise to issue a save command first through RCON and then stop the container but the containers in general are designed in that way so that they gracefully shutdown the application inside the container.

They all have their own shutdown routine and only a few containers (mostly WINE based containers) can‘t be stopped gracefully, but as said, only a few.

BTW why should they be not stopped gracefully?

If i needed to restart the game I've always used the docker restart command.

A shutdown will also restart the container because I use --restart=unless-stopped

However if you stop the container right after the shutdown it should be fine since my containers updating steam cmd, then they are looking for updates for the game itself and then finally start the dedicated server.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You usually just need to stop the container, maybe for some games it would be wise to issue a save command first through RCON and then stop the container but the containers in general are designed in that way so that they gracefully shutdown the application inside the container.

Ok good to know.

And yes my shutdown script first announces shutdown in-game and then issues the save command about 10-15 seconds before shutdown if available via RCON so I'm good on that regard 😆 I now can remove any "restart docker $name" from my restart scripts as that is not needed then 😄 I like to use a script to shutdown as I also let it create a fresh backup of the saved folder.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:03 PM, ich777 said:

May I ask why do you run the container in br0?

As I explained in that thread that you've found it has no real advantages...

I run my docker containers in br0 purely for my sanity. Ran into a networking problem long ago involving docker containers and just have done it that way since. I know the security implications, and that I can re-map a docker container's ports if needed; but I find it easier to just assign an IP so I don't have to worry about remapping.

3 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Hey, for some reason Project Zomboid specifically is taking up a significantly larger size of my docker img file than my other services, I don't think this is proper?

Project Zomboid is a pretty small container usually, maybe something is writing in the image itself, please do a force update on the Docker page and see if that makes a difference but before doing that please check if your docker mounts are correct in the template.

Good day, I've got Palworld running and working on truenas scale, but today I'm failing to update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.4.1. Restarting the container doesn't seem to work. I see no obvious error messages and have tried restarting the app, the entire server and via command line: docker restart <container-id>. I'm afraid I'm way to new to docker, so my apologies for that.

11 hours ago, Kirino said:

Good day, I've got Palworld running and working on truenas scale, but today I'm failing to update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.4.1. Restarting the container doesn't seem to work. I see no obvious error messages and have tried restarting the app, the entire server and via command line: docker restart <container-id>. I'm afraid I'm way to new to docker, so my apologies for that.

Please stop the container, then delete everything in the gamefiles directory except for the Pal directory (this is where you save files are located) and then start the container again.

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please top the container, then delete everything in the gamefiles directory except for the Pal directory (this is where you save files are located) and then start the container again?

That did the trick, thank you very much for your quick reply.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Project Zomboid is a pretty small container usually, maybe something is writing in the image itself, please do a force update on the Docker page and see if that makes a difference but before doing that please check if your docker mounts are correct in the template.

thank you, that did take it from 1.07GB to 6.04kB. Will keep and eye on it and see if it climbs in size again. 

9 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

thank you, that did take it from 1.07GB to 6.04kB. Will keep and eye on it and see if it climbs in size again. 

Maybe it is writing something in the /tmp directory or somewhere else... Really can't tell for sure, you are the first reporting this issue.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:29 PM, ich777 said:

I had one user IIRC.

Then the conversion was not done properly.

I really can't help with that since I've never done that but it should be totally doable.

Took a bit but got it to run. 

Maybe related, but it seems that no password is needed to enter the server. 

In the config folder there is a server password. Anyone else have that issue?

11 minutes ago, Beryllium said:

I don't understand, no you actually can join with a password.

12 minutes ago, Beryllium said:

You shouldn't be able to join when a password is set in the configuration, are you sure you are editing the correct file?

36 minutes ago, Beryllium said:

Took a bit but got it to run. 

Did you edit the config file while the server was running?

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't understand, no you actually can join with a password.

You shouldn't be able to join when a password is set in the configuration, are you sure you are editing the correct file?

Yeah 

I deleted the worldoptions.sav file and now it works again. 

Its weird. At some moment it stopped working with the password (you didnt need a password to enter) and that is the fix apparently. 

Edited by Beryllium
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Betterdays95 said:

What is the admin password used for and where would i use it? im a newbie trying to set up a palworld host server and am trying to move a local save to become the server game save.

Admin pw is used for the rcon. it would go into the ini where the rest f the settings are.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Admin pw is used for the rcon. it would go into the ini where the rest f the settings are.

What is an rcon? I've been going into the .ini files just by using the file directory from my main pc and i havent needed a password to go into them.