[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, Jetty said:

I only have an issue when i copy my save file back into the palworld folder and change Gameusersettings to the use the old save file. If I use a new game file the docker starts and runs fine. 

Then it seems that you savegame is corrupt if it only crashes if your savegame is in place.

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is the password updated in the config file.

Keep in mind you have to stop the container, edit the file, start the container.

Restarting and editing the file while running will disacrd your changes.

It is updated in the config file, yes, I shut down the server before changing it, and checked after restarting it that the config file still had my new password. Either way, not needing a password at all means something changed, right? Since the default setup has a password.

11 minutes ago, reygok said:

It is updated in the config file, yes, I shut down the server before changing it, and checked after restarting it that the config file still had my new password. Either way, not needing a password at all means something changed, right?

Something seems very wrong on your setup…

Are you sure that the paths are correct for your specific configuration? Does your appdata share stay on the Cache or is it moved to the Array?

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Something seems very wrong on your setup…

Are you sure that the paths are correct for your specific configuration? Does your appdata share stay on the Cache or is it moved to the Array?

Hm I can try reinstalling the docker.

Here are my paths, seems default to me:

/serverdata/steamcmd -> /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd
/serverdata/serverfiles -> /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld

Sorry for the simple question firstly, I'm want that, the image palworld, to change server settings at PalWorldSettings.ini. However, when reboot the image, this configuration file usually would be overwritten to an empty settings file. How to resolve this issue? Many thanks

Edited by 冯心睿
6 minutes ago, 冯心睿 said:

Sorry for the simple question firstly, I'm want that, the image palworld, to change server settings at PalWorldSettings.ini. However, when reboot the image, this configuration file usually would be overwritten. How to resolve this issue? Many thanks

Are you 1. editing the one in the saved folder, 2. editing it while the container is off?

Edited by Spectral Force
1 minute ago, Spectral Force said:

Are you 1. editing the one in the saved folder, 2. editing it while the container is off.

I did this you mentioned, but I changed items like 'exp rate to 5.0000' from Default settings and copy it to PalWorldSettings.ini. They do not work on server, include items like ServerName, ServerPassword, I setup the Server Password, then I can login the gate without passworld

2 hours ago, reygok said:

/serverdata/serverfiles -> /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld

And is this suitable for your setup?

Is the data in the appdata share staying on the Cache or is it moved to the Array (you configure this in your Share settings).

If it is moved to the Array then you have to change the path to /mnt/user/appdata/...

BTW, please don't upvote posts which are a completely different issue.

I have set for my server a password yesterday, since I had none and it is working perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, i ii said:

reboot

This is your issue.

1. Stop the container
  2. Edit the configuration file
  3. Start the container

If you are editing the file when the container is running and simply restart the container then you changes will be discarded.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've tried multiple things to get Palworld to work

i downloaded the docker, kept everything default, went into the palworldsettings.ini and removed the password. set the docker on a custom connection with its own IP and still cannot connect to it locally. 

When i try to see the logs, it loads the window for like 10 seconds than just closes.

i can ping the docker using its IP but every time i try to connect through the game it says it times out. 

my guess is the docker is restarting every 10 seconds so it never has long enough to really connect. 

also because of this i cant really copy the logs, unless it saves them somewhere i don't know about

tried so hard to try a bunch of different methods before coming here to help, but if anyone has any ideas I'm at whit's end

Edited by ashton
6 hours ago, ashton said:

my guess is the docker is restarting every 10 seconds so it never has long enough to really connect. 

Stop the container, open up the log and then post the output of the last 50 lines or so please.

On what Hardware do you try to run the container? Did you specify Steam credentials, if yes, please remove them!

5 minutes ago, InvaderZim21 said:

would you be able to update your docker for assetto corsa server manager?

My containers are self maintaining.

I've never designed the container to update the Assetto Corsa Server Manager since the developers are not interested in third party images and where not very friendly at the time where I asked if they are interested if I integrate it into my container, however:

1. Stop the container
  2. Delete the file .../assetto-server-manager/linux/server-manager
  3. Start the container

After that it will pull the latest version from Assetto Corsa Server Manager.

7 minutes ago, InvaderZim21 said:

I also have a license but I can't see to find out how to add it.

Yes, because as said above the devs are not interested in third party Docker containers and I honor this. You have to use their image if you want to use all features from the paid version. :)

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Stop the container, open up the log and then post the output of the last 50 lines or so please.

On what Hardware do you try to run the container? Did you specify Steam credentials, if yes, please remove them!

Thank you for the reply, stopping the docker did allow me to get the logs, I changed the public ip to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx just so its not seen.
as for steam credentials i never filled those fields in, they were left default blank

i also attached an image of the machine this is running on

---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

Screenshot 2024-02-12 113620.png

Edited by ich777
shorten log output and hide second IP
29 minutes ago, ashton said:

Thank you for the reply, stopping the docker did allow me to get the logs, I changed the public ip to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx just so its not seen.

Sorry but you CPU is not supported by the dedicated server because it lacks features which are needed so the dedicated server can be executed/started.

As a side note, this dedicated server is really RAM hungry, you won't be happy with 16GiB, my server with three people on it looks like this:

grafik.png.712d5e7c0f0bed982305055cd3e80317.png

I have seen RAM usage spiking up to 40GB at times with many people on it.

Screenshot_20240212_120700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.988ee0cfe268d0057aa77a757d005491.jpg

33 minutes ago, ashton said:

as for steam credentials i never filled those fields in, they were left default blank

i also attached an image of the machine this is running on

Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(22) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

---Update Server---
tid(44) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
OK

Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: 172.125.101.113
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

Screenshot 2024-02-12 113620.png

Your system is in need of an upgrade if you want to start hosting servers for modern games. Your cpu is about to be 10 years old in April. 

Edited by Spectral Force
20 hours ago, ich777 said:

And is this suitable for your setup?

Is the data in the appdata share staying on the Cache or is it moved to the Array (you configure this in your Share settings).

If it is moved to the Array then you have to change the path to /mnt/user/appdata/...

BTW, please don't upvote posts which are a completely different issue.

I have set for my server a password yesterday, since I had none and it is working perfectly fine.

It seems there are quite a few things I don't know yet about how Unraid actually works, my apologies. I also removed my upvote.

image.thumb.png.ca8ed36b4ddae5ad8f34fe63c64d3a78.pngThis is the appdata share settings now, 'Use cache pool' as set to 'Prefer' before, I set it to 'Only' now.

I also checked in the user folder, and indeed I find the same folder structure there for Palworld, down to the config file, which has the same changes I made to it: max pals in base =20 and my custom password. So, if the custom password is on both locations (user and cache), should it not work either way?

After changing the settings like in the screenshot (with palserver not running) and then starting it up, nothing changed, I can still connect without a password. Or with a wrong password.

Oh, I also changed the port today, in the container settings, that worked as expected, I can now only connect under the new port.

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but you CPU is not supported by the dedicated server because it lacks features which are needed so the dedicated server can be executed/started.

As a side note, this dedicated server is really RAM hungry, you won't be happy with 16GiB, my server with three people on it looks like this:

grafik.png.712d5e7c0f0bed982305055cd3e80317.png

I have seen RAM usage spiking up to 40GB at times with many people on it.

bummer, was hoping it was something id be able to fix easily, thanks for the help though!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, reygok said:

This is the appdata share settings now, 'Use cache pool' as set to 'Prefer' before, I set it to 'Only' now.

Would you mind upgrading to Unraid 6.12.6 since this is the old way of how the Cache works.

1 hour ago, reygok said:

So, if the custom password is on both locations (user and cache), should it not work either way?

No, if it is set up not correctly then it is possible that is not working how it‘s intended.

1 hour ago, reygok said:

Oh, I also changed the port today, in the container settings, that worked as expected, I can now only connect under the new port.

Can you go a bit more in detail on how you did that please?

1 hour ago, reygok said:

I can still connect without a password. Or with a wrong password.

I really don‘t understand you can only vonnect with a password or without a password?

Please keep in mind that I don‘t recomment complex passwords (with special characters in it) since it can completely mess up the config file.

13 minutes ago, sanbje said:

I am encoutering the following error attached.

Is the container not working or what is the exact issue?

13 minutes ago, sanbje said:

I am trying to get my CS2 server working by using the following guide: https://docs.cssharp.dev/docs/guides/getting-started.html

Strictly speaking you don't need to follow a guide, just deploy the container and it should work just fine.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Strictly speaking you don't need to follow a guide, just deploy the container and it should work just fine.

Believe they're trying to install mods into the container.

Edited by Kilrah