[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, reygok said:

Still had my levels, my character, but the world is gone.

Seems like a broken savegame.

Did you enable the automatic backups?

You could try to restore a previous backup.

3 minutes ago, reygok said:

Is this a common issue?

Not at all, my server is still running with the savegame from day one.

On 3/8/2024 at 9:01 PM, ich777 said:

Seems like a broken savegame.

Did you enable the automatic backups?

You could try to restore a previous backup.

Not at all, my server is still running with the savegame from day one.

I said I have backups enabled, but those are also empty worlds.

I will just accept that then, I guess it happens with a game in alpha :)

44 minutes ago, reygok said:

I said I have backups enabled, but those are also empty worlds.

Sorry I‘ve missed that.

Are you sure thatbthe paths in the template are apropriate for the config that you are using?

If you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/… then you have to male sure that the data for that share stays on the cache and not moved to the array, otherwise you have to use /mnt/user/appdata/…

44 minutes ago, reygok said:

I will just accept that then, I guess it happens with a game in alpha :)

Really strange since the container on my system is still working fine with all zhe buildings intact.

Is the archive empty too? If that‘s the case pleaee check the paths in the templated as described above.

Sorry, I have one last question, the wreckfest server I have running, everything is default. No Port changes added or mods. But I cannot connect to the server no matter what I try.

Even deleting the game folder, and docker container and starting from scratch. Still won't allow me to enter my server. Am I missing something?

24 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

But I cannot connect to the server no matter what I try.

Did you forward the ports in your Firewall?

It needs to be available to the internet, at least from my experience, so that you actually can connect.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Did you forward the ports in your Firewall?

It needs to be available to the internet, at least from my experience, so that you actually can connect.

yes I even opened the ports on both ends as you can see on the picture attached. I opened 27015,27016, and 33540. Still a no go. I can connect to other people's server on the server list but not my own.

Thanks

Screenshot from 2024-03-10 10-16-14.png

45 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

I opened 27015,27016, and 33540. Still a no go.

The first thing that I noticed is that you forwarded both ports TCP and UDP… Why?

Please only forward only the port with the protocol in the template.

Did you change other things too andything special in the config or in the template?

Please try to start over.

Delete the container, delete the folder for wreckfest in your appdata directory, pull a fresh copy from the CA App and try to connect.

Please not that it can take a few minutes before it appears in the in game server list.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

The first thing that I noticed is that you forwarded both ports TCP and UDP… Why?

Please only forward only the port with the protocol in the template.

Did you change other things too andything special in the config or in the template?

Please try to start over.

Delete the container, delete the folder for wreckfest in your appdata directory, pull a fresh copy from the CA App and try to connect.

Please not that it can take a few minutes before it appears in the in game server list.

Okay I deleted the docker container and the app data folder, so it can re-download the container. Left the default ports on wreckfest within the template. And changed all the ports needed for wreckfest within my router to be UDP only. 

The game does appears on the internet tab, within the server select screen. After entering the password for the server, which is the defualt "Docker" without the quaots. I still get a cannot connect to server error.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Mrtj18 said:

The game does appears on the internet tab, within the server select screen.

I just tried it myself... ;)

1 hour ago, Mrtj18 said:

After entering the password for the server, which is the defualt "Docker" without the quaots.

I'm assuming that's not your server since this server is there all the time and the owner just changed the password.

grafik.thumb.png.6125824ab8446c9d603d73ce58046a19.png

You can try to connect with the password: Docker

No issues with the server over here...

grafik.thumb.png.a4351397234baaf8172e4294a31166b5.png

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I just tried it myself... ;)

I'm assuming that's not your server since this server is there all the time and the owner just changed the password.

grafik.thumb.png.6125824ab8446c9d603d73ce58046a19.png

You can try to connect with the password: Docker

No issues with the server over here...

grafik.thumb.png.a4351397234baaf8172e4294a31166b5.png

You once again, are 100% right. I kept attempting to connect to a wreckfest game called "wreckfest docker" ( which I thought was the default) I had no idea a server would be opened under my user name....

Look for a "beer" coming your way due to all the help you assist us with!

19 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

You once again, are 100% right. I kept attempting to connect to a wreckfest game called "wreckfest docker" ( which I thought was the default) I had no idea a server would be opened under my user name....

No, wait, this is the server that I created on my server for you to try (I've now stopped the container and you won't be able to see it anymore in the server list).

The container can't know what your username is...

This was just to show you that the container is indeed working.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, wait, this is the server that I created on my server for you to try (I've now stopped the container and you won't be able to see it anymore in the server list).

The container can't know what your username is...

This was just to show you that the container is indeed working.

Ohh okay, so you think it's a port forwarding issue with my router?

37 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

Ohh okay, so you think it's a port forwarding issue with my router?

Exactly, the container should work fine right OOB, ports 27015, 27016 and 33540 UDP are needed for the game to work properly.

After the first full startup stop the container, then edit the file server_config,cfg and change the name to whatever you like, start the container again and wait about two minutes and refresh the in game server list and see if you can spot your server on the server list.

In general it should work right OOB but since someone put a server out there with the default name and a different password it's a bit confusing... :D

On 3/1/2024 at 7:34 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry but seems like your save is corrupt.

Good evening but the exact same thing happened to my server. I did play on it, wanted to restart and then it got stuck in a bootloop. I have tried 3 of the backups. None solved the problem. The server is still bootlooping.

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
Signal 11 caught.
Malloc Size=262146 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=262162 
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 120:    81 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/Pal/Binaries/Linux/PalServer-Linux-Test Pal -nocore ${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
Signal 11 caught.
Malloc Size=262146 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=262162 
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 120:    68 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/Pal/Binaries/Linux/PalServer-Linux-Test Pal -nocore ${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

Session terminated, killing shell...kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: MYDOMAIN
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(22) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
minidumps folder is set to /tmp/dumps
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1709846822
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
tid(45) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1709846822
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: MYDOMAIN
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(22) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...

The world wasnt corrupt until I restarted so older backups shouldnt be corrupt either.

Edited by BrainlessDude
Format
50 minutes ago, BrainlessDude said:

Good evening but the exact same thing happened to my server. I did play on it, wanted to restart and then it got stuck in a bootloop. I have tried 3 of the backups.

I assume we are talking about Palworld? I don't think that you are experiencing the same error since I only see a segmentation fault and not the message from above.

Did you change your hardware or something like that? On what hardware do you try to run the container?

On what Unraid version are you?

Did you probably skip a update from Palworld? AFAIK this can happen if you skip an update where the developers changed something in the savegame and the changes are not backwards compatible with old savegames.

Have you yet tried to load the savegame on your local PC?

As said in my previous post, no issues over here and my server is still online with the first savegame.

Also keep in mind this is a Early Access game and such things can happen.

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I assume we are talking about Palworld?

Did you probably skip a update from Palworld? AFAIK this can happen if you skip an update where the developers changed something in the savegame and the changes are not backwards compatible with old savegames.

Have you yet tried to load the savegame on your local PC?

As said in my previous post, no issues over here and my server is still online with the first savegame.

Also keep in mind this is a Early Access game and such things can happen.

Yes Palworld.
My server gets restarted and therefore updated every day. So there shouldnt be an Update that I skipped. We played on it every day too. 

And it was working right before the restart. I dont really think its about corrupted savegames.

EDIT: I tested both the "original" and the backup savegame locally on my pc. Both are working fine. It is not a corrupted savegame problem.

Edited by BrainlessDude
23 minutes ago, BrainlessDude said:

And it was working right before the restart. I dont really think its about corrupted savegames.

Did you change anything in terms of hardware in your server?

On what hardware do you run the container?

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you change anything in terms of hardware in your server?

On what hardware do you run the container?

Nothing has changed as the servers was literally working and then after 1min it didnt (I did restart the docker container).
Unraid 6.12.8
i7-10700 + 32GB on an HDD + SSD Cache. 

I didnt change anything in the configs or in Unraid itself. I just restarted the Palworld docker and since then its bootlooping.

EDIT: I just deleted the whole folder and docker image and started from scratch. When I try to install the docker app, it doesnt work. Its downloading and failing in the middle.

Update state (0x41) staging, progress: 99.77 (2255741694 / 2260984574)
 Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 99.95 (2259935998 / 2260984574)
 Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 21.94 (496043008 / 2260984574)
 Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 76.17 (1722105910 / 2260984574)
Error! App '2394010' state is 0x602 after update job.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Sucessfully obtained PublicIP: MYIP, adding to PalWorldSettings.ini
---Prepare Server---
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/Linux/steamclient.so': No such file or directory
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Something went wrong, can't find the executable, putting container into sleep mode!---

Edited by BrainlessDude
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, the container should work fine right OOB, ports 27015, 27016 and 33540 UDP are needed for the game to work properly.

After the first full startup stop the container, then edit the file server_config,cfg and change the name to whatever you like, start the container again and wait about two minutes and refresh the in game server list and see if you can spot your server on the server list.

In general it should work right OOB but since someone put a server out there with the default name and a different password it's a bit confusing... :D

Looks like a no go for me still. Changed my router settings to the correct ports, changed my settings for the server_config.cfg and still can't connect. With or without the password parameters on the server config. Maybe my ISP is blocking the 33540 port.

PXL_20240312_025857961.jpg

PXL_20240312_025848599.jpg

3 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

Looks like a no go for me still.

Is the server still open and available in the server list with the default password?

I'm assuming that you are trying to connect from inside your network correct? If you want me to I can try to connect, maybe it's a Hairpin NAT (NAT reflection) issue.

8 hours ago, BrainlessDude said:

When I try to install the docker app, it doesnt work. Its downloading and failing in the middle.

There is not much info about that error (0x602) out there and I really don't know what causes this.

Are you using a LANCache and maybe this is the cause of the issue?

As far as I can tell this is some kind of network error.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

There is not much info about that error (0x602) out there and I really don't know what causes this.

Are you using a LANCache and maybe this is the cause of the issue?

As far as I can tell this is some kind of network error.

Hmm ok. I dont have a LANCache or some kind of network blocker. Its just vanilla network. Its super weird that it worked right until the restart and now Im unable to even install the default version of the docker. Will try after work again. Maybe Steam was acting up.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is the server still open and available in the server list with the default password?

I'm assuming that you are trying to connect from inside your network correct? If you want me to I can try to connect, maybe it's a Hairpin NAT (NAT reflection) issue.

Is the server open and available on the server list? Yes

Does the server use the default password? No I removed the password requirement. It's open to anyone

I am trying to connect from within my own network. I have attempted to connect using my cellphone data so I'm off my local network. But I have had the same issue.

17 minutes ago, BrainlessDude said:

Maybe Steam was acting up.

Not much documentation on that error code that is visible in your log.

Seems that this is some kind of network issue.

Maybe it tried to update the container and failed like it is now the case and that's why you see the segmentation fault.