[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 2/23/2024 at 1:38 AM, ich777 said:

Thanks for the report, I will look into that. :)

Please update the container itself with "force update" on the Docker page and it should run now perfectly fine.

Thanks you for the fix and fast update. no issues after updating the docker.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, flipek87 said:

When I am trying to connect after this update to server I am receiwing log like bellow

What is wrong with that?

I only see a client connecting and disconnecting.

If the container is not updating:

Stop the container

Delete all files except for the save directory

Start the container

With that you should force a update from the dedicated server.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What is wrong with that?

I only see a client connecting and disconnecting.

If the container is not updating:

Stop the container

Delete all files except for the save directory

Start the container

With that you should force a update from the dedicated server.

Ok I know why i had problem with update. Update during restart is not working when I am log in to steam account. Maybe cause this account have not in library sons of the forest game:) Now everything is working.

54 minutes ago, flipek87 said:

Update during restart is not working when I am log in to steam account.

You don‘t even need to add Steam Credentials to the container template.

PLEASE ONLY ADD STEAM CREDENTIALS IF THE ARE MARKED WITH THE RED ASTERISK IN THE TEMPLATE AND ARE NOT HIDDEN AWAY AT SHOW MORE.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

You don‘t even need to add Steam Credentials to the container template.

PLEASE ONLY ADD STEAM CREDENTIALS IF THE ARE MARKED WITH THE RED ASTERISK IN THE TEMPLATE AND ARE NOT HIDDEN AWAY AT SHOW MORE.

Thank You very much for information:)

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Tonborghini said:

For example, do I just change the "Game Port" from 8766 to 8767 and similarly for the other two ports?

Nope, you have to:

1. Stop the container
  2. Edit the config and set the new ports that wish to want to use ther
  3. Go to the container template
  4. Delete the old port entries
  5. Create three new UDP port entries that reflect the ports that you've set in the config with Host and Container port set to the same port from the config

Hello. i have a palworld server using the docker. Is there a way to backup the save data? like all the relevant data for the world, saves and players. What would i do to back up this sort of data? is it as easy as just making a copy of the directory folder? is there a way to automate it? unraid newbie.

On 2/25/2024 at 3:46 AM, ich777 said:

Nope, you have to:

1. Stop the container
  2. Edit the config and set the new ports that wish to want to use ther
  3. Go to the container template
  4. Delete the old port entries
  5. Create three new UDP port entries that reflect the ports that you've set in the config with Host and Container port set to the same port from the config

okay, thank you. I guess I was mostly curious about how strict the ports need to be and if for example if i used 8767 for the game port instead of the 8766 like the game wants, if that would still work? I'm slowly starting to understand how port forwarding works and I assume if I use the ports already being used in my initial server that the second one wouldn't work if I used the identical ports.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

I'm slowly starting to understand how port forwarding works and I assume if I use the ports already being used in my initial server that the second one wouldn't work if I used the identical ports.

The main issue with game servers is that they most have a query port that sends the ports where the server is running back to the client and if the ports are set to for example 8766 in the config and you simply change the port in the template to 8767 the client tries still to connect on port 8766 <- I think you might know where I'm going with that.

Of course there are game servers out there where you can simply change the port in the template and leave it in the config as is (Minecraft).

For game servers it is most of the times a bit different and you have to change the ports in the config, delete the old port mappings and create new ones with the host and container port set to the same as in the config, of course with the correct protocol (you can also look at the first recommended post on top for an example for Valheim).

A game server is not a web server (where it is also possible to simply change the port in the template) and therefore you have to go through all of this for a game server... :/

10 minutes ago, neegeeboo said:

i didn't see anyone post and request.

Why should they? My containers are self maintaining:

grafik.png.d33ebb78c5c2ac922fd27965f719b3e2.png

10 minutes ago, neegeeboo said:

Just wanted to see if you'll be rolling out an update to your docker image anytime soon?

Just restart the container and it looks for updates. No container update needed.

Hello I have just installed ARK SA server but cannot find the server in the list.

Logs shows that it started correctly and I port forwarded the ports but I cannot reach it and if I test the port is also not reachable, I have restarted the router but it doesn't seem to be the problem! other ports forwarded work correctly.

I changed game port to 8899, in 7777 either work!

any help please?

49 minutes ago, viktortras said:

Hello I have just installed ARK SA server but cannot find the server in the list.

Logs shows that it started correctly and I port forwarded the ports but I cannot reach it and if I test the port is also not reachable, I have restarted the router but it doesn't seem to be the problem! other ports forwarded work correctly.

I changed game port to 8899, in 7777 either work!

any help please?

If you change away from the default ports, you have to make sure to delete the existing config and re create them with the new port(s).

Make sure you set the startup script to the new port as well and that you're port forwarding UDP.
Testing UDP ports with something like canyouseeme.org will never show as reachable.  UDP is quite a bit different than TCP and port checkers like that typically will see it as closed.

Also, make sure when you're searching, you have the following checked:
- HIDE FULL (checked)
- SHOW PASSWORD PROTECTED SERVERS (checked)
- PC-ONLY ONLINE MULTIPLAYER (unchecked)  (not sure how to make this PC only - probably a config thing)

- SHOW PLAYER SERVERS (checked)

For what it's worth, I just spun up a new container on a non default port and had no issues getting it to appear within a couple minutes of the server coming online.

Make sure the server name is correct.  When you look in the logs, you should see this:

[2024.02.28-03.10.27:190][  0]LogCFCore: Warning: Couldn't load mods library from disk
[2024.02.28-03.10.27:191][  0]LogCFCore: User context not loaded from disk
[2024.02.28-03.10.27:403][  0]Primal Game Data Took 0.21 seconds
[2024.02.28-03.10.27:580][  0]Server: "your session name" has successfully started!
[2024.02.28-03.10.36:494][  0]Commandline:  "TheIsland_WP?listen?SessionName=your session name?ServerPassword=somepassword?Port=8888?ServerAdminPassword=secret_password" -WinLiveMaxPlayers=20 -server -log -NoBattlEye
[2024.02.28-03.10.36:494][  0]Full Startup: 9.89 seconds
[2024.02.28-03.10.36:494][  0]Number of cores 20

Edited by dlchamp
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, dlchamp said:

If you change away from the default ports, you have to make sure to delete the existing config and re create them with the new port(s).

Make sure you set the startup script to the new port as well and that you're port forwarding UDP.
Testing UDP ports with something like canyouseeme.org will never show as reachable.  UDP is quite a bit different than TCP and port checkers like that typically will see it as closed.

Also, make sure when you're searching, you have the following checked:
- HIDE FULL (checked)
- SHOW PASSWORD PROTECTED SERVERS (checked)
- PC-ONLY ONLINE MULTIPLAYER (unchecked)  (not sure how to make this PC only - probably a config thing)

- SHOW PLAYER SERVERS (checked)

For what it's worth, I just spun up a new container on a non default port and had no issues getting it to appear within a couple minutes of the server coming online.

Make sure the server name is correct.  When you look in the logs, you should see this:

[2024.02.28-03.10.27:190][  0]LogCFCore: Warning: Couldn't load mods library from disk
[2024.02.28-03.10.27:191][  0]LogCFCore: User context not loaded from disk
[2024.02.28-03.10.27:403][  0]Primal Game Data Took 0.21 seconds
[2024.02.28-03.10.27:580][  0]Server: "your session name" has successfully started!
[2024.02.28-03.10.36:494][  0]Commandline:  "TheIsland_WP?listen?SessionName=your session name?ServerPassword=somepassword?Port=8888?ServerAdminPassword=secret_password" -WinLiveMaxPlayers=20 -server -log -NoBattlEye
[2024.02.28-03.10.36:494][  0]Full Startup: 9.89 seconds
[2024.02.28-03.10.36:494][  0]Number of cores 20

The container is new so I removed the UDP 1 by default and created a new port in the template  for 8899 and yes I forwarded it from my router.

The logs look the same as you but I cannot find it in game!

My ARK SA is not original but I can find all the other servers, I don't believe this could be the problem!

What do you mean when you say "Make sure you set the startup script to the new port"?

I have no startup script at the moment. Just executed the command in unraid console vm.max_map_count and it started good.

Edited by viktortras
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

And what does this have to do with the game server?

Why did you even changed the port in the first place.

You should really buy the game if you want to play it.

I think nothing but I still cannot see it in my game, I don't know why.

Yes I have ARK SE bought and this is just for testing purposes! I would like to know if my server and my clients are enough powerful to run this.

I changed the port because I have 7777 used by other service.

Thanks for your help.