[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


4185 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, NLS said:

Indeed, some help with Enigma?

Thanks for the report, I have to deprecate the container for now since it needs a complete rewrite to work again.

 

@timbo72 Sorry haven't seen the comment but also thank you for the report.

Link to post
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Thanks for the report, I have to deprecate the container for now since it needs a complete rewrite to work again.

 

@timbo72 Sorry haven't seen the comment but also thank you for the report.

 

OK thanks.

Really hope you can return to it some time as it is a VERY interesting container.

Keep up the great work.

Link to post

Hello!
For the Neverwinter Nights docker, I'm now getting this when trying to start

 

---Starting MariaDB...---
---Starting Redis Server---
---NWN:EE Binaries not found, installing v!---
---Something went wrong, can't download NWN:EE Binaries, putting server in sleep mode---

 

Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks!

Link to post
6 hours ago, HellraiserOSU said:

Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks!

Will look into this ASAP, seems like it can't pull the version feom the newest NWN:EE build.

 

Fixed!

Please update the container and try it again. :)

Link to post
On 6/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, Cyd said:

This only affects spawns, any that were on the map will still be on the map. You need to do a wild Dino wipe to get rid of any currently on the map. Simply restarting the server will not do it.

thanks i got it all sorted, do you know how i go about installing this docker multiple times in order to create a cluster?
when i goto apps it just let's me edit the one i have installed.
or is there a way to setup the one docker to be a cluster thanks.

Link to post
29 minutes ago, RazorX said:

thanks i got it all sorted, do you know how i go about installing this docker multiple times in order to create a cluster?
when i goto apps it just let's me edit the one i have installed.
or is there a way to setup the one docker to be a cluster thanks.

Please look at the first recommended post in this thread on the very top.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please look at the first recommended post in this thread on the very top.

oh i thought that was just a comment, didn't realise it was a post lol thanks i'll take a look.

Link to post
21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thanks for the report, I have to deprecate the container for now since it needs a complete rewrite to work again.

 

@timbo72 Sorry haven't seen the comment but also thank you for the report.

Thanks for having a look mate, i appreciate that you have a lot of work on your hands.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, timbo72 said:

Thanks for having a look mate, i appreciate that you have a lot of work on your hands.

I will definitely look into that but I'm not sure if I'm able to repair the container.

 

Are there any other good BBS systems for Linux available that you know @timbo72 & @NLS?

Link to post
Just now, ich777 said:

I will definitely look into that but I'm not sure if I'm able to repair the container.

 

Are there any other good BBS systems for Linux available that you know @timbo72 & @NLS?

yeah mystic bbs appears to be the most popular one, it has arm, win and nix ports. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, timbo72 said:

yeah mystic bbs appears to be the most popular one, it has arm, win and nix ports. 

This looks good, will look into it next week and eventually hack something together... :)

Link to post

Great!

Ah Mystic is by the guy that made netrunner (one of the most popular terminals).

 

That said, I don't like that this is not a FOSS project and that latest releases are quite a few months back.

 

...but beggars can't be choosers I guess :D

 

Edited by NLS
Link to post
36 minutes ago, NLS said:

That said, I don't like that this is not a FOSS project and that latest releases are quite a few months back.

The problem with this is also that the automatic installer doesn't work and so I think Mystic is a dead end... :/

 

I will look into Enigma 1/2 BBS again, but this can take some time... :/

Link to post
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The problem with this is also that the automatic installer doesn't work and so I think Mystic is a dead end... :/

 

I will look into Enigma 1/2 BBS again, but this can take some time... :/

 

You could talk to the guy that made it.

I find that when giving a dev a new spark (like running this in a container in something like unRAID), kickstarts things back into action.

Maybe he is interested to fix his side of the program's issues.

 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, NLS said:

You could talk to the guy that made it.

If you got contact details from him... I find nothing usefull on their site.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you got contact details from him... I find nothing usefull on their site.

 

Indeed the guy that made Mystic is almost hiding. :D

He wants to keep an underground profile etc.

But there is a guy in YouTube that seems to have some info:

https://www.youtube.com/MysticGuyBBS

 

On the other hand, Enigma is FOSS, so it has a nice github page that has info and some contacts (Bryan Ashby or NuSkooler) and is also on Facebook.

bryan@l33t.codes

 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, JackPS9 said:

any chance of getting server for Staxel?

From what I've saw it should be possible but I don't do games anymore that I personally don't own anymore.

If someone donates it to me I will create a container for it. ;)

Link to post
12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Will look into this ASAP, seems like it can't pull the version feom the newest NWN:EE build.

 

Fixed!

Please update the container and try it again. :)

Yup it's pulling the binaries!
Thanks and have a great weekend!

Link to post
10 hours ago, RazorX said:

oh i thought that was just a comment, didn't realise it was a post lol thanks i'll take a look.

Make sure to read the github artical too, I have learned alot since then... mostly by breaking things.

Link to post

Setting up the ARK docker for my wife to run a few servers to play around on but the download has taken 3-4 days to get to 90% (checking the logs)

Is anyone else having this problem or have any ideas why this might be happening?
Speed test is around 960 down and 48 up

Link to post
6 hours ago, Caennanu said:

Empyrion

From what I know the developers have said that they will release Empyrion natively for Linux.

The next thing is that I don't create containers for games that I don't own anymore because if the container doesn't work at some point I simply can't help.

 

6 hours ago, Tekhawk said:

has taken 3-4 days to get to 90%

This is completely unusual, do you have te game setup to run from the cache?

Eventually SteamCMD has a problem downloading the game.

Do you use some kind of Steam Caching software?

Link to post
16 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Hi @ich777 do you know if its possible to have a docker app for a dedicated server for Survive the Nights?? 

ta

From what I've found, yes it should be totally doable, but I don't create Containers anymore where I don't own the game since troubleshooting is really hard if the Container somehow fails to start.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.