[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

did the changes but still not working :/(host removed multihome.. + fresh docker install+force update)

the server is sort of running but i become ingame this message: "Could not connect to the server. Failed to connect to the Server API.

And the log say: (hope that help a bit ^^)

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.196a5249a917a3632400756b1ba0331e.JPG

Edited by MaNs0n
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, zTemmu said:

For people whom the network=host work-around isn't working - it started to work for me once I changed the 'Network Protocol' to 'IPv4 + IPv6' under Settings->Network Settings.

Thanks! this helped for me :D

and thanks to ich777 for all the nice Docker!

19 minutes ago, zTemmu said:

For people whom the network=host work-around isn't working - it started to work for me once I changed the 'Network Protocol' to 'IPv4 + IPv6' under Settings->Network Settings.

This is strange I'm using IPv4 only and it is working here to.

I have to say that I'm also using ipvlan for Docker, no Bond and the default Bridge in the network settings.

40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is strange I'm using IPv4 only and it is working here to.

I have to say that I'm also using ipvlan for Docker, no Bond and the default Bridge in the network settings.

I am also only IPv4 and it's working.

Side note I use DiscordGSM (docker) and it's not able to query Satisfactory. Not an ich777 Docker issue just thought I would mention

49 minutes ago, bbreau6 said:

Side note I use DiscordGSM (docker) and it's not able to query Satisfactory.

Since the container uses now the host network you have to enable "Host access to custom networks" in the Docker settings, this is disabled by default and your containers can't actually communicate if they are in a custom network with the host:

grafik.png.a78e919c24db3089a8be4cf45b1a61a4.png

(at least that's the issue in your case I think)

6 hours ago, Snappie88 said:

This worked for me (network mode = host). Another player succesfully connected to me as well. Thanks!

Having issues with other player timing out, had to update my port forward for 7777 to TCP and he was able to see the server but now can't connect. Not sure if this is docker related though :(

Edit: Verified game files and fixed.

Edited by Byrd
1 hour ago, ahal said:

Can't test atm, but looks like there was a workaround found that doesn't involve using the host network:

https://github.com/wolveix/satisfactory-server/commit/59f700d605672b06669b06572583b441e07a7255

I confirm this fixed the issue for me. So basically set:

GAME_PARAMS=-log -unattended -ini:Engine:[HTTPServer.Listeners]:DefaultBindAddress=any

This is in addition to the other fixes ich777 mentioned earlier, namely exposing port 7777 for both TCP and UDP (and making sure both are port forwarded in your router and removing the other two ports.

With those in place, no need to use the `host` network. In the previously linked Github thread, apparently a proper patch to fix this issue is expected to drop tomorrow.

Edited by ahal
  • Thanks 1

Ich77 - thanks for the great plugin.  I've been using it for a long time without a hitch.  Unfortunately, even after following today's posts on the topic, I'm still having issues (for me it's still the --ERROR: Couldn't find a game executable, something went probably wrong with the download!---).  I've updated the container, then removed it and reinstalled it multiple times all with the same result.  I went as far as uninstalling the container, rebooting the server, and reinstalling, just in case that would have helped.  Any idea what I should do to fix it?   Thanks!

Satisfactory Error.txt

29 minutes ago, Trinacria said:

Ich77 - thanks for the great plugin.  I've been using it for a long time without a hitch.  Unfortunately, even after following today's posts on the topic, I'm still having issues (for me it's still the --ERROR: Couldn't find a game executable, something went probably wrong with the download!---).  I've updated the container, then removed it and reinstalled it multiple times all with the same result.  I went as far as uninstalling the container, rebooting the server, and reinstalling, just in case that would have helped.  Any idea what I should do to fix it?   Thanks!

Satisfactory Error.txt 1.4 kB · 0 downloads

Nevermind.  Got it sorted.  I uninstalled the container, deleted the Satisfactory directory from appdata, then reinstalled the container.  At that point, the server appeared online in the game, but I got the API error.  After that I followed the previous suggestion to enable IPv4 + IPv6 and that fixed it all for me.  Again, thanks for all the hard work!

@spotopolis, @Snappie88, @Jerky_san, @cybersteel8, @bbreau6, @gevsan, @rickyh, @emub. @Kegath, @AK20000, @rocklord2004, @Skwerls, @Torbjorn, @MaNs0n, @zTemmu, @ahal, @Byrd, @Trinacria

The Satisfactory container is now fixed and will work regardless if you are using bridge, br0, host,... network.

Just makes sure if this an existing installation to click force update on the Docker page (with advanced view enabled), remove multihome from GAME_PARAMS, create a new port entry with container port and host set to 7777 with protocol TCP.

For new installations everything will work right OOB.

grafik.thumb.png.5fbe87b7f2b3f8a52ab7ba581372512b.png

grafik.thumb.png.948a93fcda69250877237d1388c8d2d4.png

In game screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.04dcc430bfd3e031201cccfdca0713de.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
7 minutes ago, 6.9 said:

Hey @ich777, thank you for working tirelessly on that issue yesterday! Do you, by any chance, have a Kofi or any other page where we can send you a tip for your hard work?

No worries, I'm really glad that it is now "fixed".

Sure, in the first post from this thread or in the CA App on every application you got installed from me.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

@spotopolis, @Snappie88, @Jerky_san, @cybersteel8, @bbreau6, @gevsan, @rickyh, @emub. @Kegath, @AK20000, @rocklord2004, @Skwerls, @Torbjorn, @MaNs0n, @zTemmu, @ahal, @Byrd, @Trinacria

The Satisfactory container is now fixed and will work regardless if you are using bridge, br0, host,... network.

Just makes sure if this an existing installation to click force update on the Docker page (with advanced view enabled), remove multihome from GAME_PARAMS, create a new port entry with container port and host set to 7777 with protocol TCP.

For new installations everything will work right OOB.

grafik.thumb.png.5fbe87b7f2b3f8a52ab7ba581372512b.png

grafik.thumb.png.948a93fcda69250877237d1388c8d2d4.png

In game screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.04dcc430bfd3e031201cccfdca0713de.png

Can confirm, br0 works now. Thanks ich!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Xcal1bur said:

I'm running to barotrauma server docker.  How do I access the servers console to type commands?  I lost my admin when updating a mod somehow and now I cant play or start the game cause I have no permissions.

Figured it out..

Unraid console
docker exec -u steam -ti Barotrauma screen -xS Barotrauma

• Like 1

I have been banging my head with the satisfactory hammer for the past 2 hours trying to get this to run
I have uninstalled the docker cleared the remains via appdata clean up reinstalled check game parameters for the so called mulithome (did not find it)
image.png.f2453393d5a8b4b561fbed82261fadda.png
left everything else as is 
started the docker it did the download
image.thumb.png.fa33e9a48e688317a38f01260827f853.png
the logs show as seen in this paste bin https://pastebin.com/f8bG1WUM Satisfactory logs unraid dedicated docker
image.thumb.png.7dfe735132ccc354c3b4deaa01ac6d21.png
Tried force updating
TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B
restarted again
https://pastebin.com/0TYRA5yF Satisfactory logs unraid dedicated docker #log2

4 minutes ago, KingFishy492 said:

Tried force updating

From what I can see the server is running and waiting for connections on port 7777

grafik.thumb.png.d7e395eeffacd2853f6aeabae3619b38.png

clean up reinstalled check game parameters for the so called mulithome (did not find it)

For new installations that's not needed anymore, you can use the container as usual, please see this post:

Please note if your Hair Pin NAT is not working properly you will be only be able to connect via LOCALIP:7777

This local ip seems to be the only one working for some reason o.o but i have no idea how to fix a "hair pin NAT" o.o

Please try to connect from outside your Local Network this should work if you've forwarded both TCP and UDP Port 7777

However I really can't help with Hair Pin NAT (also known as NAT reflection) since this always depend on the Router/Firewall that you have.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please try to connect from outside your Local Network this should work if you've forwarded both TCP and UDP Port 7777

However I really can't help with Hair Pin NAT (also known as NAT reflection) since this always depend on the Router/Firewall that you have.

Sigh
image.png.39f559875e44f9a23bafedbea2215d33.png
Both has been done
when trying to connect via a cloudflare cname it is still showing the server as offline 😞

TUF gaming AX6000
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.388_33411
FOr anyone that may know how to fix the NAT problem 

27 minutes ago, KingFishy492 said:

when trying to connect via a cloudflare cname it is still showing the server as offline 😞

Also when you try it from outside your local network? Again it should still work for others using your cloudflare hostname or your public IP.

28 minutes ago, KingFishy492 said:

TUF gaming AX6000

Search for ASUS in this thread and you will find a few people who complained about the same issue with their ASUS Routers.

I'm not sure if they fixed that yet.

However it should be no issue if someone from outside your network tries to connect since this should work, you only have to use your Servers IP when you try to connect from your local network.

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Also when you try it from outside your local network? Again it should still work for others using your cloudflare hostname or your public IP.

Search for ASUS in this thread and you will find a few people who complained about the same issue with their ASUS Routers.

I'm not sure if they fixed that yet.

However it should be no issue if someone from outside your network tries to connect since this should work, you only have to use your Servers IP when you try to connect from your local network.

Had a feeling it was going to be more than that hada friend try and connect to the cloudflare cname it is timing out for them 

17 minutes ago, KingFishy492 said:

Had a feeling it was going to be more than that hada friend try and connect to the cloudflare cname it is timing out for them 

Always depends on how you set up cloudflare, if you route it through their tunnel (don't know how it's actually called) it will most likely not work.

Did your friend try it with your public IP too?

The public IP should work fine, I'm not too sure if Satisfactory does resolve the hostname to the IP <- not every game supports this.