[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

15 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

Kurze Frage zu Deinem NZBGet Container. Nur so aus Interesse:

Over here only English please (kannst mich auch gerne im Deutschen Bereich markieren wenn du willst). :)

15 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

Gibt es einen bestimmten Grund warum Du das appdata Verzeichnis im Container auf /nzbget mappst statt auf das sonst übliche /config?

In my containers the path is always bound to the DATA_PATH variable in the Dockerfile (or in some cases DATA_PATH & SERVER_PATH depending on the container).

Just to be clear "sonst üblich" doesn't mean that how they do it is the way to go.

The next thing is that most of my containers work differently and they are "self maintaining" and they pull the application itself which is running inside the container on the first startup and check for updates every time the container is started so to speak this is not only the config path this is also the path where the application is stored.

This means less Docker container updates itself.

Hope that helps or at least explains why.

Hello!

Suddenly my openVPN docker stopped and won't start up correctly:

---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
2023-06-30 21:18:03 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'AES-256-CBC' to silence this warning.
2023-06-30 21:18:03 WARNING: file '/vpn/vpn.auth' is group or others accessible
2023-06-30 21:18:03 OpenVPN 2.5.1 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on May 14 2021
2023-06-30 21:18:03 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1n  15 Mar 2022, LZO 2.10
2023-06-30 21:18:03 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit
2023-06-30 21:18:03 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication
2023-06-30 21:18:03 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication
2023-06-30 21:18:03 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]xxx:1194
2023-06-30 21:18:03 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]
2023-06-30 21:18:03 UDP link local: (not bound)
2023-06-30 21:18:03 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]xxx:1194
2023-06-30 21:18:03 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]xxx:1194, sid=xx
2023-06-30 21:18:03 VERIFY OK: depth=2, C=PA, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN Root CA
2023-06-30 21:18:03 VERIFY OK: depth=1, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN CA8
2023-06-30 21:18:03 VERIFY KU OK
2023-06-30 21:18:03 Validating certificate extended key usage
2023-06-30 21:18:03 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
2023-06-30 21:18:03 VERIFY EKU OK
2023-06-30 21:18:03 VERIFY OK: depth=0, CN=xx.nordvpn.com
2023-06-30 21:18:03 Control Channel: TLSv1.3, cipher TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, 4096 bit RSA
2023-06-30 21:18:03 [xx.nordvpn.com] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]xxx:1194
2023-06-30 21:18:04 SENT CONTROL [xx.nordvpn.com]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
2023-06-30 21:18:09 SENT CONTROL [xx.nordvpn.com]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
2023-06-30 21:18:09 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
2023-06-30 21:18:09 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

i haven't changed anything regarding my provider and haven't changed a thing on the docker...

vpn.auth credentials are valid, account is active.

I must be missing a step. I'm trying to use the inbuilt MacOS VNC Client (Screen Sharing) to connect to my jDownloader docker.

I found a post in this thread mentioning to create a new variable on the container exposing port 5900. I've done that.

But I still can't connect to it. I input my [IP]:[PORT] into the VNC Client, and go Connect. Then I'm prompted for a password. I've set none, so I just leave this blank and click Sign In, and then it just hangs at "connecting" for ages, and nothing happens. I'm at a loss 🤷‍♂️

Just now, te5s3rakt said:

go Connect

I think that go Connect uses another protocol or at least always requires a password.

Please try another client like RealVNC, this should work fine IIRC.

2 minutes ago, te5s3rakt said:

I found a post in this thread mentioning to create a new variable on the container exposing port 5900. I've done that.

You just have to create a new port mapping in the template with the container port 5900 to host port 5900 (you can change the host port to whatever you want) then connect with: <UNRAIDIP>:<HOSTPORT>

59 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please try another client like RealVNC, this should work fine IIRC.

RealVNC appears to work without a password. So that's good. On a Mac though, it doesn't appear to map the Command key as Ctrl, So I'm unable to Cmd+V the clipboard into the jdownloader session :S

Since "Screen Sharing" is the inbuilt MacOS VNC client, wonder if that will pass keyboard shortcuts through properly?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I think that go Connect uses another protocol or at least always requires a password.

How would I set a password to give the native client a go?

22 minutes ago, te5s3rakt said:

How would I set a password to give the native client a go?

Please read the first recommended post on top of this thread.

Anyways I think that this is not possible with the go client since they are using some kind of their own protocoll an top of VNC and even if you set a password in the container it won‘t change anything IIRC (a user a few years back had the same request and he switched to RealVNC).

24 minutes ago, te5s3rakt said:

On a Mac though, it doesn't appear to map the Command key as Ctrl, So I'm unable to Cmd+V the clipboard into the jdownloader session :S

I think you can configure this but I really don‘t know how to do this since I don‘t own a MAC.

On 7/1/2023 at 4:18 PM, ich777 said:

Anyways I think that this is not possible with the go client since they are using some kind of their own protocoll an top of VNC and even if you set a password in the container it won‘t change anything IIRC (a user a few years back had the same request and he switched to RealVNC).

Noted. I'll stick to RealVNC then :)

On 7/1/2023 at 4:18 PM, ich777 said:

I think you can configure this but I really don‘t know how to do this since I don‘t own a MAC.

Thanks. I did a little digging based your advice. Looks like the remapping is limited in this respect for RealVNC.

Is there a way to perhaps remap the keys into the container?

My OpenVPN-Client container isn't working anymore. I think it's due to the OpenVPN 2.5 client update no longer supporting AES-CBC in favor of AES-GCM. My VPN provider doesn't use AES-GCM that I know of (I've reached out to see). 

2023-07-04 12:32:40 Error: negotiated cipher not allowed - [null-cipher] not in AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:CHACHA20-POLY1305
2023-07-04 12:32:40 OPTIONS ERROR: failed to import crypto options
2023-07-04 12:32:40 Failed to open tun/tap interface
2023-07-04 12:32:40 SIGUSR1[soft,process-push-msg-failed] received, process restarting
2023-07-04 12:32:40 Restart pause, 1 second(s)
2023-07-04 12:32:41 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED.  Use --remote-cert-tls instead.

I tried a bunch of tinkering and I can't get the current container to work with my VPN after an update - I only broke it further! Any way you can make another container or a tag with the OpenVPN 2.4 client? Or maybe is there a container that is just like this one for WireGuard? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, jigz said:

Any way you can make another container or a tag with the OpenVPN 2.4 client?

No, since I won't downgrade OpenVPN further.

3 minutes ago, jigz said:

Or maybe is there a container that is just like this one for WireGuard?

Can't you use the build in WireGuard for this? I'm not super into WireGuard but AFAIK it should be possible to use the built in WireGuard for certain containers too.

1) Has anyone gotten Photoprism to work with an Nividia GPU? I opened a github case but the Photoprism team kept on saying it's my issue on Unraid WHEN I got the same gpu to work on Jellyfin, Plex, Frigate, etc. The contributors just stopped helping at all.  I added all these attributes/variables in Photoprism as well as adding the nvidia runtime command.  I could start Photoprism without any issue at all, but the app wasn't using the Gpu for anything. Can someone provide me with some insights? 

image.thumb.png.416c938f2664eb013d4d262c05a139b6.png

2) Secondly, has anyone gotten Photoprism's facial recognition with tensorflow to work? Again, I opened a github case and the Photoprism team offered NO help, no documentation, no nothing. They just pointed me to go to their website to look at tensorflow. But, what is the point when it offers no documentation to get it to work? 

Edited by doctortt
2 hours ago, doctortt said:

Can someone provide me with some insights? 

Did you also add --runtime=nvidia to the Extra Parameters with Advanced View enabled?

2 hours ago, doctortt said:

Secondly, has anyone gotten Photoprism's facial recognition with tensorflow to work?

Shouldn‘t it use TensorFlow by default because it‘s built around TensorFlow?

Sorry but I can‘t confirm that Photoprism has no documentation, they have a really good ducumentation because without it the template for Photoprism won‘t exist.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you also add --runtime=nvidia to the Extra Parameters with Advanced View enabled?

Shouldn‘t it use TensorFlow by default because it‘s built around TensorFlow?

Sorry but I can‘t confirm that Photoprism has no documentation, they have a really good ducumentation because without it the template for Photoprism won‘t exist.

Yes, I have ```--runtime=nvidia``` in Photoprism. Jellyfin, Plex, Frigate, etc. all work fine with GPU passthrough. 

Photoprism does have documentation, but just not documentation surroudning on facial recognition. 

Edited by doctortt
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, since I won't downgrade OpenVPN further.

For sure I was hoping that would just be an easy solution and I like the simplicity of your container.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can't you use the build in WireGuard for this? I'm not super into WireGuard but AFAIK it should be possible to use the built in WireGuard for certain containers too.

When I first set up my WireGuard to tunnel into my network, I don't remember that being an option but it definitely is and I easily followed this tutorial to get it to work. Thankfully, too since my VPN provider just got back to me saying they don't support AES-GCM either. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and thanks for maintaining these containers!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, doctortt said:

I tried this before my initial post and that didn't work as well. Has anyone else here gotten a GPU to work in photoprism?

Have you read the linked article? Especially this:

Most users can either skip PHOTOPRISM_INITcompletely or just use PHOTOPRISM_INIT: "tensorflow" to install a special version of TensorFlow that improves indexing performance if the server CPU supports AVX, which is independent of video transcoding and the type of GPU.

The Nvidia GPU is only for transcoding videos it seems.

Have you yet tried to place a video file in your import folder?

Does your CPU support AVX?

If you search in this thread you will find people with the same question and they got it working.

Hey,

I've been trying to set up a epic-lancache-prefill in unraid however when I open a console and type 'su $USER' it asks me for a password. I try my management access password and then my shares access password but its only returning 'Authentication failure'.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me why it's failing or maybe what my password is or something? Thanks.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.e484ae011c24699c535064cb3d5f3c5a.PNG

2 minutes ago, pixeldome3d said:

Just wondering if anyone could tell me why it's failing or maybe what my password is or something? Thanks.

Because you‘ve typed it in twice. Just follow it step by step.

Type in su $USER

Type in cd…. And so on