[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

2 hours ago, CameronR said:

Would you mind showing me how you set this up?

This is not a good idea since of you are using the database for something else it will definitely mess up your tables and cause issues.

My recommendation is that you set up a dedicated database in your MariaDB container and a dedicated user for that database or you go the Docker way and set up a whole new dedicated MariaDB container for you Zabbix instance.

I would recommend that you look up how to set up a database and user in MariaDB and grant access to that database to that user and the correct IP address where Zabbix is running on.

For example: Click (please read the whole article since it mentions also how to grant access to non localhost <- you need this)

This seems like a MariaDB issue (or at least some kind of problem) and not a Zabbix container issue if you can ping the MariaDB container from the Zabbix container.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not a good idea since of you are using the database for something else it will definitely mess up your tables and cause issues.

My recommendation is that you set up a dedicated database in your MariaDB container and a dedicated user for that database or you go the Docker way and set up a whole new dedicated MariaDB container for you Zabbix instance.

I would recommend that you look up how to set up a database and user in MariaDB and grant access to that database to that user and the correct IP address where Zabbix is running on.

For example: Click (please read the whole article since it mentions also how to grant access to non localhost <- you need this)

This seems like a MariaDB issue (or at least some kind of problem) and not a Zabbix container issue if you can ping the MariaDB container from the Zabbix container.

Okay, yeah I’m currently using docker for Maria, and Zabbix… I mean as of right now it won’t even let me use the mysql command in the mariadb docker console.

Should I go the VM way at this point?

20 minutes ago, CameronR said:

Should I go the VM way at this point?

you may should start in the mariadb part to either learn howto use it or ask in the mariadb Thread from the container you use (lsio, ...) howto add a database incl. user, pass, ip mask ...

or even easier, setup a base mariadb, use phpmyadmin (a mysql admin docker) with the root password you assigned in mariadb template and just enter some small things to get what is expected.

image.thumb.png.7d07d2b71ec32f6b14e7aafc49d9fca7.png

really not so hard and btw, you are in the wrong Thread here ... if zabbix would be the issue (which it is not) then here, this is not the mariadb Thread here ... ;)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, alturismo said:

you may should start in the mariadb part to either learn howto use it or ask in the mariadb Thread from the container you use (lsio, ...) howto add a database incl. user, pass, ip mask ...

or even easier, setup a base mariadb, use phpmyadmin (a mysql admin docker) with the root password you assigned in mariadb template and just enter some small things to get what is expected.

image.thumb.png.7d07d2b71ec32f6b14e7aafc49d9fca7.png

really not so hard and btw, you are in the wrong Thread here ... if zabbix would be the issue (which it is not) then here, this is not the mariadb Thread here ... ;)

Sorry about that, thanks for the advice.

41 minutes ago, CameronR said:

Okay, yeah I’m currently using docker for Maria, and Zabbix… I mean as of right now it won’t even let me use the mysql command in the mariadb docker console.

If that doesn't work I would recommend that you go to the Support thread for the MariaDB container that you are using and solve this issue first.

As @alturismo has already proven, Zabbix is working.

Now it's up to you to create a database/user, grant access and connect Zabbix to the Database. :)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

If that doesn't work I would recommend that you go to the Support thread for the MariaDB container that you are using and solve this issue first.

As @alturismo has already proven, Zabbix is working.

Now it's up to you to create a database/user, grant access and connect Zabbix to the Database. :)

Okay, now I have my database working… talked with MariaDB. 

Now I get this log in my Zabbix server and boom crash.

https://hastebin.com/share/obolepazix.sql

32 minutes ago, CameronR said:

Okay, now I have my database working… talked with MariaDB. 

You talked to MariaDB? :D

32 minutes ago, CameronR said:

Now I get this log in my Zabbix server and boom crash.

If you have searched the issue it is pretty clear that something is still wrong with the database.

Have you created tables in your MariaDB database?

It seems that the Database is not empty and therefore it thinks that every table which is needed is in place but it is not and basically it tells you that some tables in the Database are not found.

I would strongly recommend to start over, maybe with a fresh Database...? Do you have anything else than Zabbix in the MariaDB container?

It would be also helpful to know your config and what you did to create the Database, grant access and so on.

34 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You talked to MariaDB? :D

If you have searched the issue it is pretty clear that something is still wrong with the database.

Have you created tables in your MariaDB database?

It seems that the Database is not empty and therefore it thinks that every table which is needed is in place but it is not and basically it tells you that some tables in the Database are not found.

I would strongly recommend to start over, maybe with a fresh Database...? Do you have anything else than Zabbix in the MariaDB container?

It would be also helpful to know your config and what you did to create the Database, grant access and so on.

To be honest, all I did was set up the docker… put in the username, root pass and database password as well as database name. I didn’t do any granting of permissions or anything like that. Not sure what to do.

2 hours ago, CameronR said:

To be honest, all I did was set up the docker… put in the username, root pass and database password as well as database name. I didn’t do any granting of permissions or anything like that. Not sure what to do.

RESOLVED!

not really sure what I did, but by granting all privileges to Zabbix, and making an entirely new database it worked.

• Haha 1

Unraid version: 6.8.3

Followed IBRACORP's video trying to setup Photoprism but getting error when it tries to start up, cannot access UI or docker console.

Seeing this error in the logs, but not sure how to interpret it:

started 230719 as root (amd64-prod)
init: updating filesystem permissions
PHOTOPRISM_DISABLE_CHOWN="true" disables permission updates
Problems? Our Troubleshooting Checklists help you quickly diagnose and solve them:
https://docs.photoprism.app/getting-started/troubleshooting/
file umask....: "0002" (u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx)
home directory: /photoprism
assets path...: /opt/photoprism/assets
storage path..: /photoprism/storage
config path...: default
cache path....: default
backup path...: /photoprism/storage/backups
import path...: /photoprism/import
originals path: /photoprism/originals
switching to uid 99:100
/opt/photoprism/bin/photoprism start
runtime/cgo: pthread_create failed: Operation not permitted    

SIGABRT: abort
PC=0x150ed255fffb m=0 sigcode=18446744073709551610

I think this line might be the cause?:

runtime/cgo: pthread_create failed: Operation not permitted 

Any help in getting this up and running would be appreciated!

11 minutes ago, sync101 said:

Attached the diagnostics.

Please upgrade your Unraid version to something more recent. I would recommend that you upgrade to 6.12.3 or at least 6.11.5

This should resolve your issue.

Staying on a lower version is pretty risky and I even can't give proper support because you even can't get that version anymore.

Hi All, 

As always thankyou to everyone involved in providing these great dockers - much apricated

Basically I'm trying to change the ports on the LuckyBackup docker - I've deleted the default port config and created a new 1 with  Container port 8585 & Host port  8585 to avoid any clashing with my qBitTorrent docker which is also on 8080 port.

This all works applies as expected and the docker starts but I cannot access via noVNC as the Web socket listening port setting within the docker is still on the 8080 port.

Is it possible to change this setting are is it hard coded into the docker, Any advise is greatly appreciated.

6 minutes ago, wacko37 said:

Is it possible to change this setting are is it hard coded into the docker, Any advise is greatly appreciated.

you made a wrong change ...

6 minutes ago, wacko37 said:

Container port 8585 & Host port  8585 to avoid any clashing with my qBitTorrent docker which is also on 8080 port.

you change only the host side ... then you should be fine and good to go ...

image.png.672882f875a7b5734a27fc471fd89b8b.png

this setting never will change anything what is happening "inside" the docker ... the only reason now to change the native app port is by changing the dockers config or in this case, a special variable ... would be necessary in terms you would run all dockers through a vpn client docker as sample ... which wouldnt make sense for luckybackup ;)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, alturismo said:

you made a wrong change ...

you change only the host side ... then you should be fine and good to go ...

image.png.672882f875a7b5734a27fc471fd89b8b.png

this setting never will change anything what is happening "inside" the docker ... the only reason now to change the native app port is by changing the dockers config or in this case, a special variable ... would be necessary in terms you would run all dockers through a vpn client docker as sample ... which wouldnt make sense for luckybackup ;)

9 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

don't do that.

just change the Container Port back to 8080 and the Hostport to a free one.

Thanks for the very speedy replies gentlemen! Perfect, I will change it as mentioned above.

Can you confirm though, that the 8080 port on LB will not conflict with the 8080 port on my qBittorrent docker. Both dockers are setup in bridge mode so both container IP's are different.

Obviously i don't want any interference with my torrents......lol

42 minutes ago, wacko37 said:

Hi All, 

As always thankyou to everyone involved in providing these great dockers - much apricated

Basically I'm trying to change the ports on the LuckyBackup docker - I've deleted the default port config and created a new 1 with  Container port 8585 & Host port  8585 to avoid any clashing with my qBitTorrent docker which is also on 8080 port.

This all works applies as expected and the docker starts but I cannot access via noVNC as the Web socket listening port setting within the docker is still on the 8080 port.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, alturismo said:

may try add 2 anv variables to the 2nd docker with other ports, also dont forget to add these ports then to your vpn docker

RFB_PORT   5901
NOVNC_PORT 8081

image.png.8050ba9bad56c4507be063ee8ac9914b.png

this should change the listening ports on jdownloader2 as sample ...

Ah!!! I got it gentlemen, the NOVNC_PORT variable changed the listening port - now everything is on my desired port and working

Edited by wacko37
as always spelling
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, wacko37 said:

Ah!!! I got it gentlemen, the NOVNC_PORT variable changed the listening port - now everything is on my desired port and working

This is only necessary if you use the network from another container which is not the case here or am I wrong?

If you don't share the network from another container with luckyBackup, simply delete the variable that you've created along side with that the custom port that you've created and create a new port in the template with the Container port 8080 and Host port 8081 or whatever you want.

Again, changing the NOVNC_PORT variable is only necessary if you set the container network to None in the template and use another container network in the Extra Parameters which is most likely not the case here.

I'm trying to setup a Pushbits docker container to enable Unraid notifications but I'm struggling to get the Pushbits container off the ground.  I'm struggling with the database as I have zero experience with SQL databases.  The error in the logs right now is :

2023/07/28 23:45:24 /build/internal/database/database.go:77 attempt to write a readonly database
[0.550ms] [rows:0] CREATE TABLE `users` (`id` integer,`name` text UNIQUE,`password_hash` blob,`is_admin` numeric,`matrix_id` text,PRIMARY KEY (`id`))

Any ideas?  Does anyone know where a setup guide may be located?

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is only necessary if you use the network from another container which is not the case here or am I wrong?

If you don't share the network from another container with luckyBackup, simply delete the variable that you've created along side with that the custom port that you've created and create a new port in the template with the Container port 8080 and Host port 8081 or whatever you want.

Again, changing the NOVNC_PORT variable is only necessary if you set the container network to None in the template and use another container network in the Extra Parameters which is most likely not the case here.

@ich777 - thanks for your input here and for all that you do!

Ok - so if I understand correctly the ports on the "container/app" side do not clash with each other as long as they are on separate bridge networks / IP's as show below in screen shot (haven't changed my LB port back to your quote above yet).

It would only be an issue only if they where on the same bridge network / IP. So this would clarify also that I have nothing to worry about with my Qbit container clashing on port 8080.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 102714.jpg

Edited by wacko37
forgot screenshot
5 hours ago, thewave said:

Any ideas?  Does anyone know where a setup guide may be located?

What type of database are you using? If you are using the default you shouldn‘t have to do anything since it will only store the applications that you create and the tokens for the applications.

5 hours ago, wacko37 said:

It would only be an issue only if they where on the same bridge network / IP

I‘m talkig about if you are using a VPN container and you are using the OpenVPN network for your Qbit and luckyBackup container, so to speak if you are tunneling all traffic through the OpenVPN container, so to speak the tree containers have a shared internal network like if all three applications are running on one machine.

The variable from above is not necessary if you are using it if the containers are on the same bridge/IP because then they all havetheir own internal network and if you set the host port to somehing else then you are basically doing something like NAT and mapping the port from the containers internal network port 8080 to for example 5353.

Do the following:

1. Delete the NOVNC_PORT variable that you‘ve created
  2. Delete the port mapping that you‘ve created (5353)
  3. Create a new port mapping with the container port 8080 and host port 5353

After that the container will be reachable on port 5353

Each container has usually it‘s own internal network (that‘s the IP that you see on the left side) but you can combine containers together by sharing the network (what you havem’t done from what I see in your screenshot) like I‘ve explained above.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I‘m talkig about if you are using a VPN container and you are using the OpenVPN network for your Qbit and luckyBackup container, so to speak if you are tunneling all traffic through the OpenVPN container, so to speak the tree containers have a shared internal network like if all three applications are running on one machine.

The variable from above is not necessary if you are using it if the containers are on the same bridge/IP because then they all havetheir own internal network and if you set the host port to somehing else then you are basically doing something like NAT and mapping the port from the containers internal network port 8080 to for example 5353.

Do the following:

1. Delete the NOVNC_PORT variable that you‘ve created
  2. Delete the port mapping that you‘ve created (5353)
  3. Create a new port mapping with the container port 8080 and host port 5353

After that the container will be reachable on port 5353

Each container has usually it‘s own internal network (that‘s the IP that you see on the left side) but you can combine containers together by sharing the network (what you havem’t done from what I see in your screenshot) like I‘ve explained above.

Thanks @ich777 for the very detailed explanation!

Changing it to the above settings now. 

My main concern here was causing unwanted traffic on the same listening port as qBittorrent, which from what you have said is not going to be an issue. I apologise for my total lack of understanding on how this all works.

Thanks for your help

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

What type of database are you using? If you are using the default you shouldn‘t have to do anything since it will only store the applications that you create and the tokens for the applications.

It looks like the default config.yaml is using sqlite, but when I tried to start the docker without doing anything it said the database file didn't exist