[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes I can but why do you need it?

Is it necessary because you want to convert media while downloading?

yes most urls for the media i tried to download asked for ffmpg for the download to even start (i perfer to save them as mp4) i had to pull up the console update and upgrade the system then install the ffmpg but the next guy might not know all of that
and thanks for the great images

4 minutes ago, frodr said:

Happy for any ideas of what's wrong.

Can you be a bit more precise what "these" files are? Are these image files of some kind?

Since you've blurred the picture I can't see what file type these files are.

Usually qcow or image files in general are synced with their real maximum size which was specified when creating the image files.

32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you be a bit more precise what "these" files are? Are these image files of some kind?

Since you've blurred the picture I can't see what file type these files are.

Usually qcow or image files in general are synced with their real maximum size which was specified when creating the image files.

The files are all .mkv. The progress bar also stops moving. 

Interested in RustDesk server.  Not super sure where to start.  Reading this 148 page thread doesn't seem like the best use of my time.... lol

Any suggestions on a good walkthrough on using this docker to set up RustDesk self-hosted?

Edited by Elmojo
37 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

Any suggestions on a good walkthrough on using this docker to set up RustDesk self-hosted?

Just deploy it.

I would recommend to read the description, forward the ports in your router/firewall, connect with your private key (that is displayed in container log) to you server, done.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm afraid I'm gonna need a little more than that.

Your confidence in my abilities is a little overrated, sadly. lol

Forward which ports?  All of them? There appear to be 6 ports listed in the template.  Forward them to where?

What private key?  Do I start the container, look at the log to get the key, then stop it, edit the template, and start it again?  That doesn't seem likely, but it's all I can think of right now...

This is all probably quite obvious to some folks, but I feel like I'm still learning the basics after 3+yrs of running unraid. ;)

11 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

Forward which ports?  All of them?

Yes.

Forward them to where?

In your router/firewall. Did have any services reachable from outside? If yes, it's basically the same.

What private key?  Do I start the container, look at the log to get the key

Yes.

then stop it, edit the template, and start it again?

No, just start it.

That doesn't seem likely, but it's all I can think of right now...

Rustdesk is a client <-> server <-> client application and you secure it with the (I've mistaken said private key) public key <- which is created automatically by the container and displayed in the log.

The container sets up the server and the relay and does basically everything for you.

This is all probably quite obvious to some folks, but I feel like I'm still learning the basics after 3+yrs of running unraid. ;)

You should really read the documentation on the Rustdesk client that will maybe answer some questions.

As said the container does combine the server and relay and will display the key that is needed to actually be able to connect to the server and with that you can connect to the different clients which are connected to your server practically like TeamViewer or AnyDesk or something like that.

• Like 1

Thanks so much, very helpful!

I was misunderstanding the key thing.  I thought the template was asking me to input the key.  I see now that it's just a parameter flag.

I'll read through the docs and see if I can get the ports forwarded.  I use pfsense, and haven't done any forwarding in a long time.  :/

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm having issues with container lancache-prefill. It doesn't start properly and goes to sleep mode.

Here's the container log:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting cron---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---SteamPrefill enabled!---
---SteamPrefill not found, downloading and installing, please wait!---
-----Something went wrong while getting the latest version!-----
---Please try again later, putting container into sleep mode!---

Anybody experienced the same and knows how to solve it?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Nagash79 said:

Anybody experienced the same and knows how to solve it?

Do you have any Unifi network gear on your Network or AdBlocking?

The version is pulled from the GitHub API and if that is blocked then it can't pull the version numbers.

I've tried a new container and it is working just fine:

grafik.thumb.png.24cbed9c2c94cb41c9ee84272601eaa1.png

I do have an Unifi Network Application (in docker on the same Unraid) and one AP on my network. I also have pfBlockerNG on my pfsense. I have tried to spin this container on another server in another network, also behind similarly configured pfsense and it worked just fine.

I have noticed in Unraid that this container doesn't get the IP address. 

image.thumb.png.59cb1de750b5cd22057bbd31b60e1a08.png

1 hour ago, Nagash79 said:

I have noticed in Unraid that this container doesn't get the IP address. 

That's not true, if you use br0 then Unraid will only list exposed ports on the Docker page which I don't do for this container because you don't need any exposed ports.

If the container would have no network then it wouldn't be able to download the applications on start. You've said that it works on another network? I assume something is blocking the GitHub API since it seems to not being even able to pull the versions.

I apologize for wasting your time. I found some old rule in my firewall, blocking traffic to internet from certain IPs. Including those used for lancache. Disabling the rule fixed the problem.

I appreciate your support. I wouldn't figure it out if you haven't pointed me in the right direction.

I'm using quite a few of your containers and they are great. Keep up good work!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Connecting to the JDownloader VNC server (port 5900) with Remote Ripple works, but the connection lasts for less than a second then says "Disconnected". The docker logs don't say anything, and the Remote Ripple logs state the following:

15:02:31.3093 | 1   | Info  | RemoteScreenViewModel                       | On navigated to: JDownloader Unraid
15:02:31.4220 | 9   | Info  | JDownloader Unraid-FileTransferExtension    | Checking availability...
15:02:31.4220 | 9   | Info  | JDownloader Unraid-FileTransferExtension    | Extension is not available as capability #4227858690 is not received from Host.
15:02:31.4724 | 9   | Error | JDownloader Unraid-Protocol38               | Received rectangle with unknown encoding id specified: -2131230721
15:02:31.4724 | 9   | Error | JDownloader Unraid-MessageReceiver          | Bad encoding ID
GlavSoft.RemoteCoreSDK.Viewer.Exceptions.UnknownEncoding: Unknown encoding: -2131230721
   at GlavSoft.RemoteCoreSDK.Viewer.RFB.Protocol.Protocol.FrameBufferUpdate()
   at GlavSoft.RemoteCoreSDK.Viewer.RFB.Protocol.Protocol.ProcessNextMessage()
   at GlavSoft.RemoteCoreSDK.Viewer.Utils.MessageReceiver.DoReceive(CancellationToken ct)

Is this something that can be fixed?

11 minutes ago, SakabaRihiro said:

Is this something that can be fixed?

It seems that you client is not compatible with the server or at least configured wrong.

No issues over here with Remmina, TightVNC clients and of course noVNC.

I don‘t know what Remote Ripple is, maybe see if there are settings that you can change in the client (the container uses TurboVNC).

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

It seems that you client is not compatible with the server or at least configured wrong.

No issues over here with Remmina, TightVNC clients and of course noVNC.

I don‘t know what Remote Ripple is, maybe see if there are settings that you can change in the client (the container uses TurboVNC).

No dice with TightVNC on my end with Windows. "Error in TightVNC Viewer: No security types supported. Server sent security types, but we do not support any of their."

Remote Ripple is the successor to TightVNC, TightVNC is now just getting security and bug fixes. No settings for Remote Ripple are available other than IP and Port for connections, and for the application side, setting whether it should automatically check for updates.

RealVNC does work though.

2 hours ago, SakabaRihiro said:

TightVNC

And did you yet try TightVNC?

How do you try to connect? Did you forward a port or how do you connect exactly?

EDIT: I just now tried Remote Ripple on my iPhone and I can connect just fine, however the picture looks weird and I can of course stay connected.

EDIT2: I just also now tried TightVNC on my Windows machine and it is working there too, you have to change the encoding to RAW.

In my opinion it would be better to ask the developers from Remote Ripple if TurboVNC is supported and/or if you have to pass over special startup parameters for TurboVNC?

I also tried Remmina and it is working there fine too.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

And did you yet try TightVNC?

How do you try to connect? Did you forward a port or how do you connect exactly?

EDIT: I just now tried Remote Ripple on my iPhone and I can connect just fine, however the picture looks weird and I can of course stay connected.

EDIT2: I just also now tried TightVNC on my Windows machine and it is working there too, you have to change the encoding to RAW.

In my opinion it would be better to ask the developers from Remote Ripple if TurboVNC is supported and/or if you have to pass over special startup parameters for TurboVNC?

I also tried Remmina and it is working there fine too.

I forwarded 5900 to 5901, connecting internal to the network from another machine.

TightVNC Settings:

image.png.1672e8505fa284c089fc7b06feb1ca51.png

image.png.ed9dbbde30d85464a8d219106abb2e99.png

Error:

image.png.77954278b27d3023571f0ae596e92864.png

For Remote Ripple, I tried it on Windows as well. I wasn't sure whether it was an issue with a custom setting you have for the VNC server on the Docker containers, or whether it's an issue with Remote Ripple.

Since RealVNC works I'm not too fussed.

Thanks to @ich777's kind help, I've made good progress in setting up the rustdesk container, but I'm not quite there yet...

At this point, I have the container installed and running, and all ports are forwarded in my pfsense device and confirmed open.

I've installed rustdesk clients on my desktop PC and phone, as starting points for testing.  If I keep everything on my local LAN (input my local server IP as the ID and relay servers in rustdesk), I can connect no problem, and control my desktop from my phone.

However, that's no use to me, as I need to be able to access all my devices remotely.

I've set up duckdns through my pfsense box, and confirmed that it's working, since I can access by BlueIris server from outside using my domain name.  Let's call it <myhomeserver.duckdns.org> for this example.

Here's where I get lost...

If I put <myhomeserver.duckdns.org> in the rustdesk network fields, it seems to want to work on my phone, but my desktop just says "Not ready. Please check your connection".

I'm not sure what to do from here.  The rustdesk docs don't really say much about this type of config, or at least I haven't found it.  They say to "Enter the hbbs host or IP Address in the ID Server input box (local side + remote side).", but not how to determine what those should be, or what's meant by that "local side + remote side" thing.

I'm afraid I'll need a bit more hand-holding, sorry! :)

4 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

They say to "Enter the hbbs host or IP Address in the ID Server input box (local side + remote side).", but not how to determine what those should be, or what's meant by that "local side + remote side" thing.

Have you yet tried your public IP for testing purposes (even if it is changing from time to time)?

If you even can't reach your server with your IP then it has something to do with the connection itself, please double check your port forwarding and if the protocol is set correctly for each port.

In my OPNsense NAT it looks like that:

grafik.png.076865e4bd6a09a87db3142f75735205.png

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried your public IP for testing purposes (even if it is changing from time to time)?

If you even can't reach your server with your IP then it has something to do with the connection itself, please double check your port forwarding and if the protocol is set correctly for each port.

In my OPNsense NAT it looks like that:

grafik.png.076865e4bd6a09a87db3142f75735205.png

I've tried my IP directly, and I get the same result.  My phone tries to connect, but immediately says "connection error - remote desktop is offline".  I take this to mean that it has connected to the relay server, but there's no one on the other end, because if I have it configured differently, then it just spins for a while and gives a different message, something like "connection timeout".

My pfsense rule looks pretty much like yours...1227794676_rustdeskNAT.thumb.jpg.08592e929e18d03153b0a8f7312d412e.jpg

EDIT:  I'll add that I'm confused about what server info should be put into the desktop client for rustdesk.  It doesn't seem right for it to be the external IP (or FQDN if using ddns), since that would be sending the traffic outside the LAN, then back in, but maybe that's exactly what happens?

Edited by Elmojo