ljm42

WireGuard - VPN Tunneled Access

34 posts in this topic Last Reply

7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Yes, you are right. The import parser went wrong on the comment statement(s).

I have made an update with the fix.

Thanks.

Awesome. I just tried it with the original version and it imports fine. Thanks for the quick turnaround! :)

I made another update, version 2019.11.12c

Hey,

in your start post, it says "VPN tunneled access - In the future it may be possible to restrict it so that only specific Dockers use the VPN tunnel".
Is there an ETA on that topic? I really want to tunnel my radarr/sabnzbd dockers through VPN 🙂

On 11/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, suRe said:

Hey,

in your start post, it says "VPN tunneled access - In the future it may be possible to restrict it so that only specific Dockers use the VPN tunnel".
Is there an ETA on that topic? I really want to tunnel my radarr/sabnzbd dockers through VPN 🙂

As long as your docker containers are using the bridged network option, they will be routed through the vpn. You can verify this by going into a docker container's shell and typing the below text. (Assuming that the docker has curl)

curl https://ipinfo.io/ip

Edited by Dataone

Hi, I am using Mullvad, because my ISP does not allow any port forwarding (for jellyfin and other services). I have port forwarded in Mullvad, it worked fine on Windows before with the Wireguard app, but it does not work work here (tested with iperf). Is there problem with my settings? Or is there some workaround?

1 hour ago, stealthymocha said:

Hi, I am using Mullvad, because my ISP does not allow any port forwarding (for jellyfin and other services). I have port forwarded in Mullvad, it worked fine on Windows before with the Wireguard app, but it does not work work here (tested with iperf). Is there problem with my settings? Or is there some workaround?

I know that this is the trick for Plex, but you may be able to do the same with the jellyfin ports.

PostUp  = iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport *external port* -j REDIRECT --to-ports 32400 (internal plex port)
PreDown = iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -p tcp --dport *external port* -j REDIRECT --to-ports 32400 (internal plex port)

23 hours ago, Dataone said:

I know that this is the trick for Plex, but you may be able to do the same with the jellyfin ports.

PostUp  = iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport *external port* -j REDIRECT --to-ports 32400 (internal plex port)
PreDown = iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -p tcp --dport *external port* -j REDIRECT --to-ports 32400 (internal plex port)

Thank you, but it does not seem to be working. I think I'll just reverse proxy from raspberry pi with openvpn.

EDIT: OK, i feel stupid. Looks like it was the usual solution: Turn system off and then on again. After reboot, port forwarding works.

Edited by stealthymocha
solution

On 12/2/2019 at 1:53 AM, Dataone said:

As long as your docker containers are using the bridged network option, they will be routed through the vpn. You can verify this by going into a docker container's shell and typing the below text. (Assuming that the docker has curl)

curl https://ipinfo.io/ip

Oh, this is perfect. So all "bridged" dockers will route through vpn, and any "custom" docker network adapters, e.g. Container using ReverseProxy adapter will be reachable through normal ISP IP?
Have not updated to RC Versions yet, so i can't test it on my own.

11 minutes ago, suRe said:

Oh, this is perfect. So all "bridged" dockers will route through vpn, and any "custom" docker network adapters, e.g. Container using ReverseProxy adapter will be reachable through normal ISP IP?
Have not updated to RC Versions yet, so i can't test it on my own.

At least by default I assume so, yes. My containers using bridged all go through the vpn and all containers using br0 use my home network.

I'm sure you can set some iptable/routing rules to modify this if you liked though