[PLUGIN] GPU Statistics

16 hours ago, alturismo said:

in your current screens it doesnt look like anything is currently using de/encoder ...

may rather post a screen while you transcode and what should be shown ? plex, emy, jelly, ffmpeg, ...

I'm not using it to transcode, the memory in use is over 90% and nvidia-smi returns an active application, python in this case, with a pid but that's not being reflected in the dashboard.

Here's another shot showing it using more than just the memory.. is Active app only enabled when transcoding is triggered?
image.png.5a5f3c3356c7ec87aee3246adb62225e.png

Edited by melmurp
36 minutes ago, melmurp said:

I'm not using it to transcode, the memory in use is over 90% and nvidia-smi returns an active application, python in this case, with a pid but that's not being reflected in the dashboard.

Here's another shot showing it using more than just the memory.. is Active app only enabled when transcoding is triggered?

Can you provide nvidia-smi -q -x and cat /tmp/gpujson

16 hours ago, melmurp said:

Can you also test this dev version that improve app detection and check if your python app is detected?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/gpustat-unraid/Dev/gpustat.plg

(for testing, not production)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 6:51 PM, SimonF said:

Can you provide nvidia-smi -q -x and cat /tmp/gpujson

Sorry, some reason I don't get notifications on replies here...

Think I got my answer tho... filtered by app name I'm guessing
"appssupp":["plex","jellyfin","handbrake","emby","tdarr","unmanic","dizquetv","ersatztv","fileflows","frigate","Threadfin","codeproject","deepstack","nsfminer","shinobipro","foldinghome","compreface"]

nvidia-smi is quite verbose so I attached as txt

output.txt

cat /tmp/gpujson
Time = Wed, 04 Sep 2024 12:58:41 -0300
{"06:00.0":{"clock":"2790","fan":"34%","memclock":"9000","memutil":"63%","memused":"10303","power":"131W","powermax":"N\/A","rxutil":"0","txutil":"0","temp":"58 \u00b0C","tempmax":"N\/A","util":"100%","vendor":"NVIDIA","name":"GeForce RTX 4060 Ti","clockmax":"3105","memclockmax":"9001","memtotal":"16380","encutil":"0%","decutil":"0%","pciemax":16000,"perfstate":"P0","throttled":"No","thrtlrsn":"","pciegen":4,"pciegenmax":4,"pciewidth":8,"pciewidthmax":8,"sessions":1,"uuid":"GPU-XXXXXXX","plexusing":false,"plexmem":0,"plexcount":0,"jellyfinusing":false,"jellyfinmem":0,"jellyfincount":0,"handbrakeusing":false,"handbrakemem":0,"handbrakecount":0,"embyusing":false,"embymem":0,"embycount":0,"tdarrusing":false,"tdarrmem":0,"tdarrcount":0,"unmanicusing":false,"unmanicmem":0,"unmaniccount":0,"dizquetvusing":false,"dizquetvmem":0,"dizquetvcount":0,"ersatztvusing":false,"ersatztvmem":0,"ersatztvcount":0,"fileflowsusing":false,"fileflowsmem":0,"fileflowscount":0,"frigateusing":false,"frigatemem":0,"frigatecount":0,"Threadfinusing":false,"Threadfinmem":0,"Threadfincount":0,"codeprojectusing":false,"codeprojectmem":0,"codeprojectcount":0,"deepstackusing":false,"deepstackmem":0,"deepstackcount":0,"nsfminerusing":false,"nsfminermem":0,"nsfminercount":0,"shinobiprousing":false,"shinobipromem":0,"shinobiprocount":0,"foldinghomeusing":false,"foldinghomemem":0,"foldinghomecount":0,"comprefaceusing":false,"comprefacemem":0,"comprefacecount":0,"appssupp":["plex","jellyfin","handbrake","emby","tdarr","unmanic","dizquetv","ersatztv","fileflows","frigate","Threadfin","codeproject","deepstack","nsfminer","shinobipro","foldinghome","compreface"],"vfio":false,"vfiochk":false,"vfiochkid":"0000:06:00.0","panel":1}}

Edited by melmurp
3 hours ago, melmurp said:

Sorry, some reason I don't get notifications on replies here...

Think I got my answer tho... filtered by app name I'm guessing
"appssupp":["plex","jellyfin","handbrake","emby","tdarr","unmanic","dizquetv","ersatztv","fileflows","frigate","Threadfin","codeproject","deepstack","nsfminer","shinobipro","foldinghome","compreface"]

nvidia-smi is quite verbose so I attached as txt

output.txt 61.43 kB · 2 downloads

What process are you running in Python?

The plugin uses the command line i.e. cat /proc/pid/cmdline replace pid with the process id to id an app.

<processes>
            <process_info>
                <gpu_instance_id>N/A</gpu_instance_id>
                <compute_instance_id>N/A</compute_instance_id>
                <pid>1895698</pid>
                <type>C</type>
                <process_name>python3</process_name>
                <used_memory>7510 MiB</used_memory>
            </process_info>
        </processes>

On 9/4/2024 at 4:46 PM, SimonF said:

What process are you running in Python?

The plugin uses the command line i.e. cat /proc/pid/cmdline replace pid with the process id to id an app.

<processes>
            <process_info>
                <pid>1895698</pid>
                <type>C</type>
                <process_name>python3</process_name>
                <used_memory>7510 MiB</used_memory>
            </process_info>
        </processes>

Different AI tools so it varies
Example: OpenedAI Speech

<process_info>
      <pid>2093547</pid>
      <type>C</type>
      <process_name>python</process_name>
      <used_memory>3100 MiB</used_memory>
 </process_info>

cat /proc/2093547/cmdlin
pythonspeech.py

Hi,

i try to install this Plugin since 3 day's .

its alway say's this at the PlugIn-Installation in Unraid: 

plugin: installing: gpustat.plg Executing
hook script: pre_plugin_checks
plugin: downloading: gpustat.plg ... done Executing
hook script: pre_plugin_checks ******************************************************************** No vendor utilities found. Plugin install terminated due to failed prerequisites.

What does this mean, what can i do? 

Thnx .. Twix_sv .. 

1 minute ago, Twix_sv said:

@alturismo

I wanted to check the iGPU of my N100.
On the one hand to save power if necessary and secondly to check whether it is also used when transoding.

Did the "intel gpu top" have some GUI for the Dashboard?

Greets .. Twix_sv .. 

You need to install intel gpu top as that is used by gpustats.

each vendor needs different plugins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Simon,

I want to create a PR for some additional apps, but I'd like to test locally first... how best to approach this?
I've already cloned the repo and made the changes I need locally.

Figured it out, will send a PR once ready, cheers!

Edited by tjb_altf4
11 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Hi Simon,

I want to create a PR for some additional apps, but I'd like to test locally first... how best to approach this?
I've already cloned the repo and made the changes I need locally.

Figured it out, will send a PR once ready, cheers!

I use file transfer to copy changed files from my windows pc. Make sure if using windows set end of line just LF

Files in usr local emhttp plugins gpustat