[PLUGIN] ZFS Master

Iker

4 hours ago, SimonF said:

It shows all datasets following a reboot is that expected?

If you are referring to datasets that were collapsed in the UI, yes, it's correct and expected; the information about datasets hidden/collapsed on the UI is stored on the Unraid cookie; if you reboot, that invalidates the cookie and all the datasets are shown; this also works as a sanity check that everything works once you have rebooted your server.

11 minutes ago, Iker said:

If you are referring to datasets that were collapsed in the UI, yes, it's correct and expected; the information about datasets hidden/collapsed on the UI is stored on the Unraid cookie; if you reboot, that invalidates the cookie and all the datasets are shown; this also works as a sanity check that everything works once you have rebooted your server.

Ok thanks, this has only started after last few updates. 

2 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

Hey guys, i have tons of datasets/snapshots (probably coming from docker folder, but not sure). What is the exclusion pattern?
I have tried "/system/.*", but that didnt work :(

grafik.png

Seen people use the wrong directory before when using the docker dir. What's the path set in Settings - Docker? The "Docker directory:"-path. 

I use /mnt/user/docker

Edited by Niklas
On 9/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, Iker said:

For me, they are all expanded after some time when returning to the ui. No reboots or logins in between.

6 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

Nope, neither of those helped

Hm. Ok. I have the docker share as it's own dataset.
What does "zfs list" in the terminal show you?

17 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

grafik.thumb.png.811ed0d96f5323631262a16cc823fd47.png

Running 6.12.x?
You would have to exclude /cache/ and that's usually a no go for obvious reasons.
To fix it you will probably have to create a new share with the name docker and switch over to /mnt/user/docker in docker settings, like this:
https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/release-notes/6.12.0/#docker

Before doing that, you need to do this:
"Bring up the Docker settings page and set Enable docker to No and click Apply. After docker has shut down click the Delete directory checkbox and then click Delete. This will result in deleting not only the various files and directories, but also all layers stored as datasets."

You can then go to the Apps-tab -> Previous Apps, select and re-install all of your containers with retained config.

Create flash backup before anything.

Edit
After all this, you should be able to exclude /docker/.*

Edited by Niklas
2 hours ago, Niklas said:

Running 6.12.x?
You would have to exclude /cache/ and that's usually a no go for obvious reasons.
To fix it you will probably have to create a new share with the name docker and switch over to /mnt/user/docker in docker settings, like this:
https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/release-notes/6.12.0/#docker

Before doing that, you need to do this:
"Bring up the Docker settings page and set Enable docker to No and click Apply. After docker has shut down click the Delete directory checkbox and then click Delete. This will result in deleting not only the various files and directories, but also all layers stored as datasets."

You can then go to the Apps-tab -> Previous Apps, select and re-install all of your containers with retained config.

Create flash backup before anything.

Edit
After all this, you should be able to exclude /docker/.*

Thank you, thats a great tip. I will do that. Though isnt it possible to copy over everything from system/docker/ to then docker/ without loosing or having to recreate all the dockers?

Just now, Joly0 said:

Thank you, thats a great tip. I will do that. Though isnt it possible to copy over everything from system/docker/ to then docker/ without loosing or having to recreate all the dockers?

It's probably possible in some way but it would be very impractical and take more effort.
Recreating/restoring the containers using Apps->Previous apps is way faster and easier.

• Like 1

Yes, you lose no Data, why this are stored under appdata.

Recreate the Dockers on the new Parh is the best Way to elimate complications with Permissions or what ever. That's the Way that I go more than ones in the past.

The Autostart or Start Delay for example you configure again after recreate.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget to do flash backup and then this part before anything else

"Bring up the Docker settings page and set Enable docker to No and click Apply. After docker has shut down click the Delete directory checkbox and then click Delete. This will result in deleting not only the various files and directories, but also all layers stored as datasets."

Or else you will be left with all the datasets to delete manually and that would suck. 

Edited by Niklas
1 hour ago, Joly0 said:

Hey guys, i have written above already. I have a ton of datasets or snapshots (i am not sure) and i dont know where they come from?

Others said its because of docker folder, but it isnt, i removed it and they still are there...

Did you remove it like my instructions said?  You can't just delete the docker-folder manually. It will not remove the datasets. That's two different things. If you deleted the docker folder only, you'll have to remove all datasets manually. It is mentioned here before too so read back some posts.

Edited by Niklas
4 minutes ago, Niklas said:

Did you remove it like my instructions said?  You can't just delete the docker-folder manually. It will not remove the datasets. That's two different things. If you deleted the docker folder only, you'll have to remove all datasets manually. It is mentioned here before too so read back some posts.

Yes, i stopped docker, deleted the docker directory throug the  docker settings and removed the the folder in the system share afterward aswell