Unraid OS version 6.12.1 available

Upgrade mostly went well and the ability to limit admin access by interface seems better and I have been able to remove some of my hacks :)

Docker however seems to have an issue filling up tmfs on /run

I have been running the same containers for a couple of years without issue but since moving to 6.12 I have had issue with containers crashing and refusing to start.    Adding --nohealthcheck has helped but this is a workaround rather than a solution.

Has something changes around docker using /run in 6.12 ?

On 6/21/2023 at 8:12 AM, lovswr said:

Was on 6.11.4.  Upgraded to 6.12 wiht no problems.  Then about 24 hours later, my Dashboard just showed a white screen (I use chrome).  Upgraded to 6.12.1, just now, & dashboard is back.  No problems with unRAID running with either version.

So I spoke too soon.  Just white space under Dashboard.  All other tabs work.  This is in Chrome and Edge.  IF I stop/start the server, it will work, until I navigate away from Dashboard, but when I come back, just white screen.

Blank unRAID Dashboard.png

2 hours ago, lovswr said:

So I spoke too soon.  Just white space under Dashboard.  All other tabs work.  This is in Chrome and Edge.  IF I stop/start the server, it will work, until I navigate away from Dashboard, but when I come back, just white screen.

Blank unRAID Dashboard.png

Do you have the same issue if you open the dashboard up via an incognito window?  Wonder if you have a plugin/extension/app that may be causing the issue.

3 hours ago, debit lagos said:

Do you have the same issue if you open the dashboard up via an incognito window?  Wonder if you have a plugin/extension/app that may be causing the issue.

Yes, it is still the same with an incognito window.  I also tried using the ip address instead of my server name & still get the same behavoir. 

1 hour ago, lovswr said:

Yes, it is still the same with an incognito window.  I also tried using the ip address instead of my server name & still get the same behavoir. 

Does it display correctly if you reboot in safe mode?

A plugin that is incompatible with the new dashboard will cause that. I thought we had caught them all.

Edit: tracking this down is going to take some back and forth and an announcement thread is not great for that. Once you know whether the problem happens in safe mode or only in normal mode, please start a new thread in general support. Feel free to @ me 

49 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Not a lot to go on here, but be sure to check the known issues in the release notes:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/release-notes/6.12.0#known-issues

Sorry my fault, I should have explained... It just hangs at the last line and never progresses.

I am going to be looking into what is in PCI slot 9 where it hangs, clearly that card doesn't want to play nice and then working backwards from there today. It's something up with the linux builds in those later versions 6.1.x linux versions

9 minutes ago, bennymundz said:

Sorry my fault, I should have explained... It just hangs at the last line and never progresses.

I am going to be looking into what is in PCI slot 9 where it hangs, clearly that card doesn't want to play nice and then working backwards from there today. It's something up with the linux builds in those later versions 6.1.x linux versions

It is possible this is a video card problem, and the system may continue booting in the background without updating the display. Be sure to check the webgui and SSH before assuming it is frozen.

Either way, this sounds like something that will take a bit of back and forth and the announce threads are not great for that. When you're ready to try again I'd suggest starting a new thread and including diagnostics from 6.11.5 if you can't get them from 6.12.1.

Is there a way for Unraid to confirm that plugins will have an issue prior to upgrading? I just went from 6.11.5 to 6.12.1, and it removed my NUT plugin with the following message:

image.thumb.png.ebe41419a9aba58ed0267821180ee0d0.png

If I'm missing some functionality that would have prevented me from finding this out after the upgrade, I would like to be educated on that. If this functionality doesn't currently exist, then I'd like to submit feedback to have an ability to scan for this prior to upgrading so it doesn't come as a surprise that something I depend on doesn't work anymore.

6 minutes ago, IFireflyl said:

Is there a way for Unraid to confirm that plugins will have an issue prior to upgrading? I just went from 6.11.5 to 6.12.1, and it removed my NUT plugin with the following message:

image.thumb.png.ebe41419a9aba58ed0267821180ee0d0.png

If I'm missing some functionality that would have prevented me from finding this out after the upgrade, I would like to be educated on that. If this functionality doesn't currently exist, then I'd like to submit feedback to have an ability to scan for this prior to upgrading so it doesn't come as a surprise that something I depend on doesn't work anymore.

It was in the release notes. You should be able to add compatible vers from CA. look for my vers.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, SimonF said:

It was in the release notes. You should be able to add compatible vers from CA. look for my vers.

Apparently this means that I didn't read well. I can't check the release notes right now because it appears GitHub is down. I'll check out your version when everything is back up. Thanks!

On 6/22/2023 at 9:01 PM, jbear said:

Kind of a feeler post, I'm having issues with transcoding 4k content in Plex, it appears this issue popped some time during the 6.12 release candidate cycle.  No other changes to my setup, I've reviewed all of my settings, no issue transcoding 1080p to 720p/480p etc.   Was curious if anyone else was having similar issues?

Intel® Xeon E-2288G CPU. 

In the meantime, I will continue to review my settings, and do more testing.

Thanks.

I wanted to follow-up my own thread, as I continued to have issues transcoding.  I ended up removing the docker and image, then deleted the cache, codec, and drivers folders from the appdata/plex/library/application support/plex media server folder as referenced in this post, https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/12ikwup/plex_docker_hardware_transcoding_issue/. Then re-installed the plex docker using the existing template.

Thought this may help someone else.  Files that I couldn't play locally or remotely before are now working, very strange issue.

Edited by jbear