Welcome to our new Technical Program Manager hire

Hey everyone, please join me in welcoming @NickdotB to the Unraid team as our new Technical Program Manager hire!

His role will be cross functional and will touch all areas of the company including Support, Ops, Marketing and special projects.

Nick Bettencourt joins us with over eight years of experience as a customer advocate in the realm of enterprise data storage. His journey in tech started in computer science, where he balanced his studies with customer service roles, laying a strong foundation in both technical and interpersonal skills.

After discovering open-source technology, he received an opportunity to join an enterprise data storage company, where he applied his skills to elevate support initiatives. Through dedication and hard work, he advanced to oversee program management, focusing on enhancing project workflows, building better support structures, and expanding analytic capabilities.

His passion for technology extends beyond his professional life as he is a follower of the DIY mindset, which led him to explore self hosting various software. In Nick's own words:

When a friend led me to discover Unraid, I was shocked at how easy it was to set up on hardware I already had. I began incorporating it into my home infrastructure, empowering me to self-host and better manage my digital environment. I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with the amazing community who build and support the platform.

Outside of work, you might find me traveling (especially to the Azores), Kayaking, going to festivals, attending culinary or craft classes, trying a new restaurant, practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, or trying a new video game.

PXL_20240428_165640383.jpg

Please help in giving Nick a warm Unraid welcome!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1