Unraid OS version 6.12.12 available

Unraid 6.12 continues to benefit from the work being done on Unraid 7, this release has several more bug fixes backported from Unraid 7 as well as a security fix for curl. All users are encouraged to read the release notes and upgrade.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic under General Support. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.

2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
  3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
  4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
    umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed
    1. Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update. More details in this blog post
  6. If you are on an earlier version
    1. Go to Tools -> Update OS and switch to the "Stable" branch if needed. If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
  7. Wait for the update to download and install
  8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
  9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic under General Support. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for that new release. Update from 6.12.11 went smoothly.

Something weird I'm trying to figure out is when downloading the "https://stable.dl.unraid.net/unRAIDServer.plg" file it still shows version 6.12.10 🤔

During the update it does seems to download that same unRAIDServer.plg file though. Maybe not from the same link?

So what would be the up-to-date URL for unRAIDServer.plg file?

image.png.87c098e845ca1420a336c31c6603f029.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, xanderman21 said:

After upgrading from 6.12.11 to .12 my array wont spin down, not even a single disk.  

Noticed the same on my device. Seems to be a bug. Auto and manual spin down is broken, button on the gui seems to do nothing too. Recognized it after my disks not spinning down after a few hours of no usage. .11 didn't have the problem. Would love if a dev could look into this. 

3 hours ago, xanderman21 said:

After upgrading from 6.12.11 to .12 my array wont spin down, not even a single disk.  I'm not sure why and I have not had this problem in the past.  I'll look into it more tomorrow

1 minute ago, UsAs said:

Noticed the same on my device. Seems to be a bug. Auto and manual spin down is broken, button on the gui seems to do nothing too. Recognized it after my disks not spinning down after a few hours of no usage. .11 didn't have the problem. Would love if a dev could look into this. 

There is already a bug report open for this (what seems to be a kernel issue, rather than Unraid):

• Like 2

Upgraded to 6.12.12 from 6.12.11 - my Win11 - VM start to have strange behavior: 

- the shares inside the VM pointing one to a synology and another to internal unraid share (NVME) stop responding after 10-20 Mbytes written on share

- qbittorent who use one of the shares for temp downloading freeze (after 10-20Mbytes downloaded) 

Tried:

- Upgraded virtio to last one 0.1.262-2 

No changes 

Extra: after i stopped the VM manager in settings and tried to restart he refused with libvirt error ..somth like "no svm processor" i forgot to copy/paste the error. problem solved with VM start after unraid full reboot.

Reverted back to 6.12.11 --> all back to normal behavior  

I upgraded one server last night. No issues so far.

I use WDC WD80EFZZ and WD40EFZX drives and all of them are spinning down and up as before. Seems that other people with this issue had WD drives, but in my case both timeout and manual spin down works normally.

P.S. Drives are connected via LSI M1015 9220-8I card

Edited by brankko
Added extra info about LSI card
55 minutes ago, brankko said:

I use WDC WD80EFZZ and WD40EFZX drives and all of them are spinning down and up as before. Seems that other people with this issue had WD drives, but in my case both timeout and manual spin down works normally.

Seems to be an issue with only some controllers, don't think disk brand/model is a factor, but the commit that caused this issue has been reverted in the kernel, so there should be a new release out soon.

• Thanks 1

Attempted to install 6.12.12 today coming from 6.12.10.

Got an error that said something like this:
"plugin: run failed: '/bin/bash' returned 1"

Tried again, same error.
Then I rebooted and server didn't come back up.

Now starting the machine with monitor and mouse/keyboard attached, I only get past POST screen. It normally runs without peripherals.
I can go into bios, but if I let it continue it's pure black screen.
Reboot from bios also yields same result.

Help, what to do?

10 hours ago, MaxRawhawk said:

Help, what to do?

Confirm the flash drive is the first boot device, if and yes and it still doesn't boot, try recreating it, you can also try to boot the flash drive in a different computer to confirm if the flash is the problem.

9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Confirm the flash drive is the first boot device, if and yes and it still doesn't boot, try recreating it, you can also try to boot the flash drive in a different computer to confirm if the flash is the problem.

Just FYI, my flash drive had died, so no wonder both upgrade to 6.12.12 failed and it won't boot afterwards.
Happily up an running now with my backup from Connect and a new drive.

• Like 2