unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta4-x86_64 Available

I seem to have a bit of an issue since moving to 6.0. The new GUI seems to hang in IE sometimes. If I try and refresh the page it will just try continuously without completing. I need to stop the refresh and then refresh again and it's usually fine.

I first noticed it on beta3, but it seems to persist through beta4.

I've checked the logs and there are no entries at all, so am not sure what to think.

For what it's worth I am using IE11 on Windows 8.1.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Do you have the same issue in Chrome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have a bit of an issue since moving to 6.0. The new GUI seems to hang in IE sometimes. If I try and refresh the page it will just try continuously without completing. I need to stop the refresh and then refresh again and it's usually fine.

I've checked the logs and there are no entries at all, so am not sure what to think.

I typically only use IE, but have installed Firefox for something else and will maybe try and start using that to test. I don't have Chrome installed, but could try with that as well. It's one of those things that only happens once every 4-5 refreshes. I have a tab open to my unRAID server pretty much at all times lately, but only go to it periodically and notice this.

Not that it likely matters, but I should mention I am running the Xen-enabled config.

I typically only use IE, but have installed Firefox for something else and will maybe try and start using that to test. I don't have Chrome installed, but could try with that as well. It's one of those things that only happens once every 4-5 refreshes. I have a tab open to my unRAID server pretty much at all times lately, but only go to it periodically and notice this.

Not that it likely matters, but I should mention I am running the Xen-enabled config.

I would certainly test in multiple browsers. If you can replicate the problem in Firefox I'd say the problem is definitely in either your setup or a problem with unraid.

I would certainly test in multiple browsers. If you can replicate the problem in Firefox I'd say the problem is definitely in either your setup or a problem with unraid.

Agreed, however I am running a very stock config, which is what surprises me. I am running Xen enabled, and have plugins installed in a VM, but don't have a single plugin running on UnRAID. I also did a clean install of 6.0 when I moved to the beta and manually reassigned all the drives (only keeping my network and share config files).

I don't know what should be causing the issues, which is why I thought I'd see if it was common at all.

I will test with other browsers though to confirm.

So having run a test rig for a few months on 6b3 with a couple of VMs, gpu and PCI passthrough etc., I decided to bite the bullet this weekend and migrate my production drives to the system as well as upgrading to 6b4.

I'm very impressed with the work done and features added in this version. Thanks Tom.

The upgrade from 5.0 was very easy: backup config directory, reformat USB, add back config directory. Go.

The only things I needed to SSH into the box for were;

-lsusb

-xl destroy

-xl pci-assignable-list

If these were added to the UI, pretty much all setup and management could be done there. I also like the addition of the syslinix.cfg and other config parameters to the flash drive screen. Makes life very easy.

As an aside, during this process I also encountered unRAID doing it's thing i.e. saving my bacon.

In my old rig, I had 8 data drives, parity and cache. In my new system, I only had 8x motherboard SATA ports so, pending acquisition of a suitable controller card, I had to shrink my array from 10 to 8 drives. This worked well but when I transferred the new slim array to the new machine, one of the drives just would not mount for me (system would not recognise it at boot). It would work in other systems so I could access the data but for some reason it just wouldn't show up. So I threw in one of my now spare drives in it's place, started the array and let unRAID rebuild the data on the drive. Perfect!

I was never worried about my data as I confirmed I could access it on the unrecognised drive in another system. However, it was a bit hairy doing an upgrade, array transfer and rebuild in more or less one go.

Thanks unRAID!

I am having issues getting plex to add media to the database when using samba shares across multiple platforms.

I tried running a tretflix vm and could get all the download apps to work and move files around no problems but plex for some reason can't see add any files in the folders.

I found in sickbeard when adding tv shows if I navigated to the mount to  point the folder would be empty. But if I made a symlink to the mount and pointed sickbeard to that it would work. Not sure if that would help Plex because I did that before setting up Plex. I was able to add all media to Plex. Movies took a couple tries.

Upgraded 5.0.5 to 6.0B4 and I only see the header, regardless of what tab I'm on... No Drive info, no Share info, no Users, Settings, etc, etc... you get the idea... I can see there is a Parity Check happening per the top right status thing, and my shares are started because I can access from my Windows Box, but the new GUI on my system seems borked, same on IE, FF or Chrome.

SW2

4-8-2014%25207-51-45%2520AM.jpg

Upgraded 5.0.5 to 6.0B4 and I only see the header, regardless of what tab I'm on... No Drive info, no Share info, no Users, Settings, etc, etc... you get the idea... I can see there is a Parity Check happening per the top right status thing, and my shares are started because I can access from my Windows Box, but the new GUI on my system seems borked, same on IE, FF or Chrome.

SW2

4-8-2014%25207-51-45%2520AM.jpg

uninstall any plugins, including the webgui upgrade

SW2

uninstall any plugins, including the webgui upgrade

Thanks, I didn't have any plugin's except for the WebGui upgrade, I thought I had removed that for my last upgrade, but apparently didn't... removed that from my Plugin's folder, restarted and the GUI is back to "normal" seeing my drives, and Parity Check is now chugging along.

I am having this issue again as we speak. I've included my syslog, but it's not reporting anything. I have both IE & Firefox spinning away trying to load the main page of UnRAID. All my shares are available, and I have a couple of pre-clears running in screen at the moment, but CPU usage appears low (though memory usage is fairly high - top image is included as well).

I am not sure what else to try here.

Any suggestions?

syslog.txt

top.png.5ea252f8c33cbaa178a4fe3b74683730.png

As SueprW2 figured out you may need to remove everything from your plugins folder including the WebGUI folder and reboot. Let us know

I cleared out the WebGUI folder, but will have to wait for the preclears to complete before I can reboot. I will post the results when I can.

bkastner, just checking, your aware there was an issue with pre-clear on 64bit unraid, im assuming your using the newly released 1.15 yes?.

Oh ya :)

I was the person who actually raised the issue.

I am preclearing using the LC_CYTPE=C preface on the preclear script using the 1.15b script from BJP999.

Thanks for the double-check though.

Apr  6 02:41:52 Trauma-unRAID kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at          (null)

Apr  6 02:41:52 Trauma-unRAID kernel: IP: [<          (null)>]          (null)

...Also a worthy note, I also tried to downgrade it back, but now the error remains.

(clueless here)

If I should repost it somewhere else, because the error remains when I downgrade,

please let me know.

Probably not related to this release then. Before you post it somewhere else though, try booting in safe mode and see if it goes away.

Are you sure all of the plugins you are trying to install are 64bit?

Safe mode didn't fix my isse,

but it seems reiserfs crashed on the fact that there were 2 empty folders on that disk.

And the null exception made my shares disconnect.

So I unmounted the array and just mounted the faulty disk and deleted the empty folders, which fixed my issue.

Just putting it here as a reference, for in case someone else is googling the same issue.

Hi all,

Didn't find anything regarding UNRAID 6 beta and HP N54L microserver... so I guess this info could be useful to someone.

Swiched few weeks ago to beta3 but now I'm running beta4, with 6G RAM on the system (Dom0 + Ubuntu Server x64, Centos 6.5 x64 and an old XP Home - converted from Virtualbox image) without problems.

All 6 SATA ports are in use (AHCI) and the external port has an Icy Box IB-290StUS-B, 2.5" external cage connected for cache drive.

RAM split as follows:

2.4G Unraid dom0

1G ubuntu

1G Centos

1G XP

Cheers!

I have a spare licensed usb key and would like to try the latest V6 beta on my current server running V5.05.  I know the usual caveats about using the betas (data loss, etc.)  Am I doing anything especially crazy by booting with the V6 beta  and then, after exploring, rebooting into V5.05?  I am especially interested in testing  Xen and replacing my plugins with apps on a Ubuntu VM.  Thanks.

unRAID V6 although beta is very stable IMHO. I am running it myself and used the Ubuntu 12.04 guide in the Xen forum.  Very easy and solid once setup. I have Plex, Subsonic, Transmission, VNC and CrashPlan all running on the Ubuntu VM without issue.  Network passthrough of shares was easy to setup.

If you think you want to return to V5 just make a backup of your flash and then you can always revert back to it.

Kryspy

I was on the same boat when beta 2 came out. I set up a new flash drive with 6, I was just gonna try it to see if it worked and then go back to 5. I never went back :-) now I have everything running in an ubuntu vm. The only plugin running in unraid is apcupsd which was inevitable