[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

I just set the EDGE variable to '1' then re-started the Docker and then updated to v8.1 via the ownCloud admin web page.

This process seems to have worked ok but the admin page now shows 4 warnings (PHP, internet connectivity, security and caching) that don't sound critical.

Is this the correct way of updating? Or should I have done things differently?

Before I upgrade can you confirm the option to share contacts is back. It seems to have gone since 8.0 for me.

[me=NAS]is still fed up with OC nonsense[/me]

Update: OC non edge has just offered me 8.1.1 auto update

FFS OC !!!!

Update from 8.0.5 to 8.1.1 and both contacts and calendar are not marked EXPERIMENTAL with big red letters and a warnign it is not auidted for security.

It then sayes this:

This app cannot be installed because the following dependencies are not fulfilled:

ownCloud with a version lower than 8.0 is required.

Even though i came from 8.0.5 where it worked.

Incompetance wins the day.

I just set the EDGE variable to '1' then re-started the Docker and then updated to v8.1 via the ownCloud admin web page.

This process seems to have worked ok but the admin page now shows 4 warnings (PHP, internet connectivity, security and caching) that don't sound critical.

Is this the correct way of updating? Or should I have done things differently?

Yes, that's all due to changes in owncloud.

I had it installed in Ubuntu (amazon ec2), not docker and had the same things.

I spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to figure out all that.

For me it would have been easier to install oc from scratch.

Before I had updated from 8.0.2 to 8.0.4 to then 8.0.5 and they were smooth. But the upgrade to 8.1.1 is painful.

I think gfjardim is going to have to do a bunch of mods to his docker to get this working right again.

EDIT: Referenced the wrong person, oops

Before I upgrade can you confirm the option to share contacts is back. It seems to have gone since 8.0 for me.

FFS OC !!!!

Update from 8.0.5 to 8.1.1 and both contacts and calendar are not marked EXPERIMENTAL with big red letters and a warnign it is not auidted for security.

It then sayes this:

This app cannot be installed because the following dependencies are not fulfilled:

Unfortunately those apps have all been replaced with newer versions. Don't re-enable them or they might break your install.

I found out the hard way. I accidentally enabled the server side encryption and lost access to the gui. Had to ssh in and manually remove it.

You should be able to install the new versions from the app store.

I don't think I'll update oc again. I'll use it until it is no longer supported and then backup the data and do a new install. They really screwed up the updates this time

I'm getting the following error when logging into OC. This is in the Security & Setup Warnings section.

php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response.

Please check the installation documentation for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

This server has no working Internet connection. This means that some of the features like mounting external storage, notifications about updates or installation of third-party apps will not work. Accessing files remotely and sending of notification emails might not work, either. We suggest to enable Internet connection for this server if you want to have all features.

No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not configured to least "15768000" seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.

I set the network type to bridged, and I'm running version 8.1.1.

I'm getting the following error when logging into OC. This is in the Security & Setup Warnings section.

php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response.

Please check the installation documentation for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

This server has no working Internet connection. This means that some of the features like mounting external storage, notifications about updates or installation of third-party apps will not work. Accessing files remotely and sending of notification emails might not work, either. We suggest to enable Internet connection for this server if you want to have all features.

No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not configured to least "15768000" seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.

Internet is working, despite the warning. I won't add memcache. I'll take a look on the others.

Internet is working, despite the warning. I won't add memcache. I'll take a look on the others.

I'll send a PR for the required changes to get rid of those errors, and to add memcache if you want to merge it.

I'll send a PR for the required changes to get rid of those errors, and to add memcache if you want to merge it.

Memcache is a memory hog, and I really doubt it could make any difference in a SOHO environment.

Already fixed the path error.

Hi, I got the update in Docker, then when I went to my owncloud page, I get the 8.1.1 available.  Clicking on Upgrade just do nothing, so I tried using the occ upgrade, that gives this :

root@ffc56705ea97:/var/www/owncloud# occ upgrade
bash: occ: command not found
root@ffc56705ea97:/var/www/owncloud# ./occ upgrade
bash: ./occ: Permission denied

Here is the Log :

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...
/etc/my_init.d/config.sh: line 3: $: command not found
ownCloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available

[invalidArgumentException] 
Command "upgrade" is not defined. 

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now: Thu Aug 13 22:25:34 EDT 2015.
Universal Time is now: Fri Aug 14 02:25:34 UTC 2015.

Found pre-existing certificate, using it.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 37

FFS OC !!!!

It then sayes this:

Unfortunately those apps have all been replaced with newer versions. Don't re-enable them or they might break your install.

I found out the hard way. I accidentally enabled the server side encryption and lost access to the gui. Had to ssh in and manually remove it.

You should be able to install the new versions from the app store.

I don't think I'll update oc again. I'll use it until it is no longer supported and then backup the data and do a new install. They really screwed up the updates this time

Agree. Thast all 3 last major updates broken contacts and calendar for me.

Since users are using auto update within OC and/or EDGE we have no way to automatically keep users from upgrading and breaking things. Which is a shame since thats a core feature of docker.

I'm on 8.1.1 now... I was trusting the update that was offered at the Docker Container overview page which was an epic fail. I'm missing both calendar and contacts app now and I don't even see the new versions available to be installed. Is there anything I have overlooked?

I'm on 8.1.1 now... I was trusting the update that was offered at the Docker Container overview page which was an epic fail. I'm missing both calendar and contacts app now and I don't even see the new versions available to be installed. Is there anything I have overlooked?

I gave up with steam coming out my ears. I believe this fix is to hunt the internet for a veison of the calendar and contacts icons that at 0.7.x

Let me know

Will have a go. Got to love the download for old and new version has exactly the same name.

If i fix this I am not upgrading OC ever again until it can throw it out for something better.

Clever as the devs are the way they handle this kinda stuff could not be more incompetent if they tried.