unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta9-x86_64 Available

limetech

I have a problem to find a driver for my fan control chipset, W83793.ko that works with V6 of unraid. I would like to be able to control my fans by the temperature of the disks.

My mobo is Supermicro X7SBE

If i try to insmod the driver (that i can find) nothing happends, and in the log i get a message that its the wrong version.

regards

/jowe

You need to request that LimeTech build that into the release. Do so in the Features forum.

I load the W83627ehf module at run time and fan control works perfectly.  Perhaps the W83793 driver simply needs to be added to the build and included at sys/module in the disk image.

Please post this as a request in the roadmap.  Thanks!

Thnaks, i´ve done that!

/jowe

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am trying to reinstall madsonic (binhex/arch-madsonic) and when re-pulling from the repository I get a strange error saying /var/lib is full although there seems to be plenty available from docker gui. Can someone help me find out what's going on here?

From docker gui:

Service Status:

Started

Docker image:

/mnt/cache/Docker/docker.img

Docker volume info:

Label: none  uuid: 5724230c-801b-45bc-b683-ab5c9f1576ee

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 6.42GiB

devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 10.00GiB path /dev/loop8

Btrfs v3.16

---

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Downloads/temp# docker ps -a

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                COMMAND                CREATED            STATUS                  PORTS                                                                NAMES

8d519c22dc3a        smdion/docker-htpcmanager:latest      "/bin/sh -c 'python    3 days ago          Up 3 days              0.0.0.0:8085->8085/tcp                                              htpcmanager

67fdfac9e204        needo/sickbeard:latest                "/sbin/my_init"        9 days ago          Exited (0) 8 days ago                                                                        sickbeard

218d79893d60        needo/plex:latest                    "/sbin/my_init"        9 days ago          Up 4 days                                                                                    plex

caffecfd9550        needo/plexwatch:latest                "/sbin/my_init"        9 days ago          Exited (0) 9 days ago                                                                        plexWatch

096cf7a0ada9        gfjardim/logitechmediaserver:latest  "/sbin/my_init"        9 days ago          Up 4 days              3483/tcp, 9090/tcp, 0.0.0.0:3483->3483/udp, 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp  LogitechMediaServer

ff63aac910bb        gfjardim/transmission:latest          "/sbin/my_init"        9 days ago          Exited (0) 9 days ago                                                                        Transmission

bf68ee625961        needo/couchpotato:latest              "/sbin/my_init"        9 days ago          Up 4 days                                                                                    couchpotato

-----

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Downloads/temp# df -m

Filesystem    1M-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/sdb1          29783    1754    28029  6% /boot

/dev/sdi1        691415  497575    191693  73% /mnt/cache

shfs            29091936 17076767  12015169  59% /mnt/user0

shfs            29783350 17574342  12206862  60% /mnt/user

/dev/loop8        10240    8626        90  99% /var/lib/docker

---

When re-installing the madsonic, I get the following error:

4cf89c4a678b: Error downloading dependent layers

2014/09/17 07:37:34 Error pulling image (latest) from binhex/arch-madsonic, write /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/4cf89c4a678b1b5b74a09701f6eb14a82639dd52495845e97f1eb2781242b17a/var/madsonic/transcode/windows/hdrunffmpeg.exe: no space left on device

hehe following you around the forum now :-)

this is your issue:-

you need to extend the size of your docker image, as you have used up all allocated space (10GB).

I thought unRAID was meant to automatically allocate more space if it is required?

you need to extend the size of your docker image, as you have used up all allocated space (10GB).

I thought unRAID was meant to automatically allocate more space if it is required?

i can remember in the beta8 announcement tom mentioned that its more difficult to shrink than to expand the docker image, but i dont remember seeing any mention of the image auto expanding.

Never said that, but it's a good idea!  Please add to the 'Roadmap' board.

I think you are thinking of drive auto expansion that was removed temporarily in an earlier beta and restored in beta 9.  The docker image presently doesn't auto expand like tom said but also like tom had mentioned, that's a great idea for a feature...

Thanks binhex, I was in the middle of re-installing the image and ran into space issues. I removed some older images and got the additional space.

How can I increase the size of my docker image? Stop, increase the image size in the gui and start?

The part that's puzzling is, although the images show only about 6.3 GB used, the additional requisite libraries used up the remaining 3.8GB?

Hey everyone.

Has anyone had any crashes with beta9? I've had two this week, like I getup in the morning and the shares and webui are non responsive. SSH doesn't worth either and if I use IPMI to look at the screen its just sitting at the normal login screen with no errors. I have to hard reboot which is not ideal.

If its just me or even its others, how can I get a syslog for this? I assume its re-created on boot?

Has anyone had any crashes with beta9? I've had two this week, like I getup in the morning and the shares and webui are non responsive. SSH doesn't worth either and if I use IPMI to look at the screen its just sitting at the normal login screen with no errors. I have to hard reboot which is not ideal.

The exact same thing has been happening to me. It's happened twice since upgrading to Beta 9.

Jon - while I agree this approach best for final releases,  for beta releases these experiences in a consolidated thread help other users from earlier versions decide whether they want to upgrade or not. Alternatively having a dedicated thread for beta9 issues would be helpful instead of potential upgrade users trying to wade through a general support forun .

Issues like this should be moved to general support for assistance and remediation.  This thread should be reserved for questions about the release, not problems post upgrade.  Thanks!

Jon - while I agree this approach best for final releases,  for beta releases these experiences in a consolidated thread help other users from earlier versions decide whether they want to upgrade or not. Alternatively having a dedicated thread for beta9 issues would be helpful instead of potential upgrade users trying to wade through a general support forun .

Issues like this should be moved to general support for assistance and remediation.  This thread should be reserved for questions about the release, not problems post upgrade.  Thanks!

I understand for problems getting it set up and going, but not for problems related to the beta. Better way of asking the question:

Do you want to make it easier for users to find out what bugs may exist in a beta or easier for Lime Tech to fix those bugs?

The exact same thing has been happening to me. It's happened twice since upgrading to Beta 9.

Happened to me today. I'm running as an esxi guest, couldn't type anything in the console. Will tail syslog to capture any other crashes.

Happened to me today. I'm running as an esxi guest, couldn't type anything in the console. Will tail syslog to capture any other crashes.

FYI, running unRAID as a guest isn't officially supported.  Some advanced users do this and can try to help you, but there are good reasons why we at LT can't support this.  It just adds too much complexity when trying to diagnose issues that arise.  That said, we also don't do anything to actively prevent this.

This topic comes up enough that maybe I should write a blog post about it and why its not a good idea to run unRAID as a guest.

Might be... I have run unraid in an ESXI 5.1 guest for more then a year without troubles.. This just to point out that it does work..  Flawlessly without any issues whatsoever... And ESXI is free in its basic version... If you make sure to continue using the usb to boot it is also 100% easy to go back, only boot from your unraid drive instead of the esxi one ..

Might be... I have run unraid in an ESXI 5.1 guest for more then a year without troubles.. This just to point out that it does work..  Flawlessly without any issues whatsoever... And ESXI is free in its basic version... If you make sure to continue using the usb to boot it is also 100% easy to go back, only boot from your unraid drive instead of the esxi one ..

Having been in the virtualization industry for over 10 years prior to joining LT, I can tell you that it doesn't surprise me at all that you've had such great success with running as a VM.  That said, its when things start to go a little funky that running as a VM can show the weakness purely on the difficulty of support, but then again, its always dependent on the exact issue you're having.  You know that famous line everyone in IT always says when asked ANY question:  "it depends"

I had a bad experience running unRAID as a VM under a Linux Mint KVM. To make a long story short, I ended up losing all my data on one drive and cache drive (luckily I have backups). Went back to running unRAID as bare metal and no problems since. I will not be trying to run unRAID as a VM again...

Curious. Did this happen after running it as a VM for a while or almost immediately?  Good info for a future blog post.  Feel free to PM me with details if you feel up to it.  Getting real stories from real users would be very good...

I had a bad experience running unRAID as a VM under a Linux Mint KVM. To make a long story short, I ended up losing all my data on one drive and cache drive (luckily I have backups). Went back to running unRAID as bare metal and no problems since. I will not be trying to run unRAID as a VM again...

Curious. Did this happen after running it as a VM for a while or almost immediately?  Good info for a future blog post.  Feel free to PM me with details if you feel up to it.  Getting real stories from real users would be very good...

Alright but get ready for my life story...

Alright but get ready for my life story...

*ahem* jonp, please take this to a new thread or to PM and try to keep this thread related to actual items related to beta9 release. ;D