Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Running the new 6.1-rc1, and the temps are not showing on the Main, Dashboard, Docker, Plugins (neither sub-page), and Stats (neither sub-page).  They are showing everywhere else, including all other tabs, sub-tabs, and any drive from the Main page.

Seems to happen a bit randomly.

I've made a change in the display function and testing it now, so far so good ...

Btw the change is in system temp itself not in v6.1

I just pushed an updated version of Dynamix System Temp plugin to github.

You may want to try out, and let me know the results.

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any significant improvement.  Just to confirm, the System Temp plugin was updated from 2015.04.28 to 2015.06.27.  Is that correct?

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any significant improvement.  Just to confirm, the System Temp plugin was updated from 2015.04.28 to 2015.06.27.  Is that correct?

Correct, do you have page refresh disabled? Can you compare to "real-time" refresh?

Correct, do you have page refresh disabled? Can you compare to "real-time" refresh?

Yes, I have it disabled.  When I enable real-time, then I do see the temps after a varying interval of 5 to 10 seconds (always, even on the Main page).  The same 5 pages almost never show the temps immediately, whereas all other pages do.

Yes, I have it disabled.  When I enable real-time, then I do see the temps after a varying interval of 5 to 10 seconds (always, even on the Main page).  The same 5 pages almost never show the temps immediately, whereas all other pages do.

Not sure where this is coming from as I can't really reproduce it on my system. Temperatures are shown on all pages.

Back to  the drawing board, I guess  ;)

Thank you.  It's working now.  I found in this thread about typing in coretemp --> Save and then it let me configure them.  Thanks for the tip on Perl though.  Oh well, it's working so Miller Time!

I now see the temps at the lower right hand corner.  Before upgrading to ver 6, I had the plugin, sensors file, supporting GO file entries - so Temps was working before I upgraded.  I thought the upgrade process wiped out all extra packages so I'm curious how come I didn't need to install Perl.  Oh well, it's working and nice to see the temps again - especially given it's 101 F outside right now.

s3 sleep acting up

it works after a clean start/restart. after the set period of time it sleeps as it should. after waking up it does not sleep again.

i reset the settings and only changed the timer to 15, excluded cache disk and opened the debug log mod.after the wake up from dynamix sleep; "s3 Tower s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers." this is what i see even tho all the disks spun down and no activity at all. if i spin up all the disks and spin down all the disks again oddly enough it starts to work again. as such: "Jul 21 06:18:17 Tower s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 9 minute(s)"

im using 6.0.1 and the latest plugin (dynamix.s3.sleep 2015.04.28)

what might be the cause?

any suggestions welcome.

New plugin Dynamix System Buttons. See OT for URL.

For those who like to have a single button click to reboot or shutdown the system, this plugin is offered as an optional feature.

After installation two buttons will be added to the header. Clicking a button will start an immediate reboot or shutdown. In both cases the array will be stopped first to allow for a clean system termination.

Note that stopping the array is using the same command as the stop button, if the array can not be stopped, the screen will hang.

I might make use of the powerdown package in the future to overcome this situation.

Hope it is useful.

For those who like to have a single button click to reboot or shutdown the system, this plugin is offered as an optional feature.

After installation two buttons will be added to the header. Clicking a button will start an immediate reboot or shutdown. In both cases the array will be stopped first to allow for a clean system termination.

Note that stopping the array is using the same command as the stop button, if the array can not be stopped, the screen will hang.

I might make use of the powerdown package in the future to overcome this situation.

Hope it is useful.

Thank you!!! 

I have been looking for this feature for three years!

Hope it is useful.

Do these buttons have any sort of "Are You Sure" verification? I get accidental clicks a lot when connecting to the WebGUI via a touch screen.

Hope it is useful.

Do these buttons have any sort of "Are You Sure" verification? I get accidental clicks a lot when connecting to the WebGUI via a touch screen.

Nope, it's like real buttons ... the moment you press them and off it goes!

Hope it is useful.

Thanks.

I vote for including the powerdown plugin with this and also maybe add verification functionality based on the Confirmation Settings.

But this functionality won't be included in the basic Dynamix package right? Would have to be installed seperately?

Yes this is a separate plugin to be installed.

Thank you, bonienl!  Much appreciated.

I seem to be one of the 'stupid' people who find the current steps 'difficult'.  As soon as I found the Confirmations screen, I turned them off, as I don't seem to be as susceptible to clicking the wrong thing as others.  But for me, and for others with memory issues, there's a huge chasm between the Stop button and the Power down button, a wait of several minutes (may be shorter for others?), which is way way way too long to remember what you were doing.  Especially in a lightning situation, when I need to get to other machines downstairs and can't, and can't remember to keep checking to see if the power down buttons have appeared yet.  But we won't rehash that subject again.

I vote for including the powerdown plugin with this and also maybe add verification functionality based on the Confirmation Settings.

I'm with trurl on the need to call powerdown instead, if the plugin is installed.  And some sort of verification functionality would be nice, for those who need it.  To be honest, I'll use the buttons some of the time, but for now still prefer the keyboard powerdown (Ctl-Alt-Del) because it saves the syslog.

Except for saving the syslog, the buttons are just as effective for me, because as far as I know I have NEVER had a webGui hang.  Makes it hard to commiserate with those having that issue.  It's hard to tell how widespread that problem is.  My current sense is that between 5% and 30% are experiencing it, a ridiculously inexact number!

s3 sleep acting up

it works after a clean start/restart. after the set period of time it sleeps as it should. after waking up it does not sleep again.

i reset the settings and only changed the timer to 15, excluded cache disk and opened the debug log mod.after the wake up from dynamix sleep; "s3 Tower s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers." this is what i see even tho all the disks spun down and no activity at all. if i spin up all the disks and spin down all the disks again oddly enough it starts to work again. as such: "Jul 21 06:18:17 Tower s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 9 minute(s)"

im using 6.0.1 and the latest plugin (dynamix.s3.sleep 2015.04.28)

what might be the cause?

any suggestions welcome.

bonienl, it might be good to call Tom's function to spin up all drives when waking up, to reset what the system knows about current drive state.

I'm using

for disknum in 0 `ls /dev/md* | sed "sX/dev/mdXX"`; do /root/mdcmd spindown $disknum; done

on wake up to reset drive status on wake, otherwise sleep does not work for me, been like this since halfway through Beta cycle. Was previously using spinup but either works to get sleep functioning like normal after waking

bonienl, it might be good to call Tom's function to spin up all drives when waking up, to reset what the system knows about current drive state.

Which function are you referring to ?

Sorry, thought there was function like that available to you, bad assumption on my part.  Perhaps the reggierat loop instead, to spin them all up?

First time ever trying to use AutoFan and I get nothing from the console commands and Detect does not work.  Looks like I need the drivers for my mb. 

Anyone with my same board have the drivers that you can share?  Where can I find help with the autofan plugin?

Hi guys

I am having a challenge with s3_sleep (set to shutdown rather than sleep)

it seems like all the timers runs out, but then no shutdown happens.

Part of the syslog is captured as per below :

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: killing s3_sleep process 11466

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: command-args=-C 2 -a -m 2 -D 2

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: action mode=shutdown

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: check disks status=yes

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: check network activity=no

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: check active devices=no

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: check local login=no

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: check remote login=no

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: version=3.0.0

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: included disks=sdb sdc sdd sde sdf sdg sdh sdi sdj sdk sdl sdm sdn sdo sdp sdq sdr sds

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: s3_sleep process ID 12059 started, To terminate it, type: s3_sleep -q

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Jul 24 23:59:03 Storage s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 2 minute(s)

Jul 25 00:00:03 Storage s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Jul 25 00:00:03 Storage s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 1 minute(s)

Jul 25 00:01:03 Storage s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Jul 25 00:01:03 Storage s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 0 minute(s)

Jul 25 00:01:03 Storage s3_sleep: Check TCP/SSH/TTY/IP activity

Jul 25 00:01:03 Storage s3_sleep: Communication state is idle

Jul 25 00:01:03 Storage s3_sleep: Shutdown system now

Jul 25 00:01:03 Storage s3_sleep: System woken-up. Reset timers

Jul 25 00:02:03 Storage s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Jul 25 00:02:03 Storage s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 2 minute(s)

is there maybe something i am missing? eg do i maybe need to add a powerdown package still?

thx

Neo_x

*Edit*

managed to find the answer from earlier in this thread :

Bonienl, I think this what you want.

Feb 15 00:39:41 Tower s3_sleep: killing s3_sleep process 14933

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: command-args=-C 2 -m 10 -D 0

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: action mode=shutdown

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: check disks status=no

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: check network activity=no

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: check active devices=no

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: check local login=no

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: check remote login=no

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: version=3.0.0

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: included disks=sdb sdc sdd sde sdf sdg sdh sdi

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda

Feb 15 00:40:44 Tower s3_sleep: s3_sleep process ID 18005 started, To terminate it, type: s3_sleep -q

The above settings act like an unconditional shutdown, in other words your system goes down after 30 minutes - if all works (better define at least one condition).

s3_sleep makes use of 'powerdown' to do a proper shutdown of the system, however this is not standard in unRAID and the powerdown plugin needs to be installed. See this topic: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31735.0

To install powerdown, use the install page under the plugin manager. Copy and paste this URL to install the plugin https://github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/raw/master/powerdown-x86_64.plg

I hope this is the right place for this.

Unraid 6.1rc2

There is bug in the system profiler plugin. Memory is reported wrong. (see pic)

This was also present in Unraid 6.0.1

Kevin

Which version of system profiler are you using (see plugins tab) ?