Dynamix - V6 Plugins

The new dynamix stats update did fix the Stats graph from not showing anything, but it broke the CPU stats on the Dashboard page. 

My CPU dashboard was showing 50% load on my Ryzen Threadripper 3960x. 

The graph was showing gray bars, which was odd to me, cause the bars are usually colored when usage is that high. 

I removed the Dynamix Stats plugin and the CPU Dashboard graph went back to the normal load of just 3% when idle. 

16 hours ago, cholzer said:

S3 Sleep Plugin

*edit*

Updated the plugin to 2023.02.13, now the array disks and the unraid thumbdrive are nolonger listed, however my nvme WD blue is still not showing up in the dropdown menu. 

After the update, for me there is no more "monitor discs outside array" setting to configurate.

Do you still have this entry showing up on your system?

2 hours ago, jojo345 said:

After the update, for me there is no more "monitor discs outside array" setting to configurate.

Do you still have this entry showing up on your system?

yup, but only a thumbdrive shows up there (this is not the Unraid boot stick it is also an Unassigned Device), the UnassignedDevice 2TB WB_Blue nvme ssd still does not show up.

sleep.thumb.jpg.3b9e740ddf0d754a41c0d368151b03cc.jpg

Edited by cholzer
  • Like 1
On 2/15/2023 at 12:27 PM, cholzer said:

yup, but only a thumbdrive shows up there (this is not the Unraid boot stick it is also an Unassigned Device), the UnassignedDevice 2TB WB_Blue nvme ssd still does not show up.

I made an update to fix the list of devices outside the array

• Thanks 1
On 2/15/2023 at 12:08 AM, Bob Corless said:

Is there any of the dev team looking at fixing the S3 Sleep problem where if the default SSH port is changed from 22, the plugin does not recognise a remote connection on another port and will shut Unraid down whilst still connected?  Thanks.

Latest update supports custom port numbers for telnet and ssh

Just updated the Dynamix Local Master plugin and this is All I have under the  SMB Workgroup Settings:

image.thumb.png.389792a256de58593a7684de99f7e638.png

I hace rebooted the system to verify that that action would force the display of the Local Master information.  I seem to recall that with previous versions of the plugin that was more information displayed...

Attached are the Diagnostics:

elsie1-diagnostics-20230219-1129.zip

43 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I hace rebooted the system to verify that that action would force the display of the Local Master information.  I seem to recall that with previous versions of the plugin that was more information displayed...

I don't see anything wrong in the diagnostics.

Can you try to uninstall and re-install the plugin?

image.png

49 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Can you try to uninstall and re-install the plugin? 

I uninstalled it and used 'APPS' to reinstall as follows:

image.thumb.png.8b4e2c8323b9912e559361d12a817907.png

Still the same.  I do have the following in my smb-extras.conf as a global parameter:

server min protocol = SMB2

Previous experimentation has shown (to my satisfaction) that once SMBv1 is disabled the name of the Local Master can not be resolved by the Local Master plugin.  I have googled this problem (as a Windows utility --- LANscanner v2.02 - ScottiesTech.Info does not resolve it either once SMBv1 is disabled) and I have found no one else apparently has an solution to the question of how to identify which SMB server is the Local Master.

EDIT:   I just checked and the file was updated:

image.thumb.png.d112d0106f7a79d84ce10086d6fc7a75.png

Edited by Frank1940
1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Please update to version 2023.02.19a

Done.  However, I can tell you that it does not provide the server name of the Local Master.  Here is the Workgroup settings of my 'Media' server which is (most likely) the Local Master:   

image.thumb.png.9abd1f8750d0d58489de0ea897142463.png

Notice that the 'Name' of the Local Master does not appear in either the upper left banner or under Workgroup settings-- only the Yoda head.

For completeness, here is the Workgroup Settings of my 'Test Bed' server )which should never be the Local Master): 

image.png.dd527985a5a01997c024b938afe5012c.png

I suspect that this is because I have turned off SMBv1 completely.  I also seem to recall that the parameter server min protocol = SMB2  actually selects a fairly late version of SMBv2 which locks out all vestiges of SMBv1.  

Have a look into whether you can, at least, determine if an Unraid server is the Local Master and use that to flag that server properly.  If you can't find a way to do this, please consider amending the Help text to alert the user to situation and the reason why. 

I, personally, don't care if a server which can never become a Local Master 'knows' which server is the Local Master.  By the same token, I would like any server which I expect to be the Local Master and that server is not the Local Master be aware of that fact when I look at that server's GUI.   

Dynamix ssd trim plugin - is it still needed?

On Unraid 6.11.5

I am getting a plug-in file install error, referencing:     /boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg

The button to remove it does not work.

The file is in fact in the /boot/config/plugin-error/ directory.   Is this plugin still needed, or has it been superseded by upgrades to UNRAID over time?

If it's no longer needed, can it just be manually deleted from the containing directory?

-- Tom

Seems that the SSD Trim App isn't installing correctly in my UnRaid 6.9.2 -- see results below from trying to install it via the Community Apps:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg ... done
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.ssd.trim.txz ... failed (Generic error)
plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.ssd.trim.txz download failure (Generic error)

Updating Support Links

Finished Installing. If the DONE button did not appear, then you will need to click the red X in the top right corner

Yet if I copy paste the 4th link (dynamix.ssd.trim.txz) directly in my browser I seem to be able to get to it.

Any help would be appreciated!

First, thank you for all the work you've done making these extremely useful plugins.

I'm having a problem getting the Dynamix System Autofan plugin to detect any PWM controller on my motherboard.

My motherboard is: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B660M GAMING DDR4

If there is anything I can do to set it up so that it can see these, or to help you work out what's needed to update the plugin, I would be happy to receive or be of help.

Look forward to hearing any advice,

Puppet

Hello there. Currently running the version  3.0.10. Unraid version 6.11.5

Want to report two things:

Cant select my Cache drive to select in drop down. Guess was working two versions ago. 

Also: sleep plugin wont monitor anymore my network activity. Sadly. 

I did a reinstall also a restart of the server, but nothing has changed so far. 

I added the diagnostics if that helps, but i dont know what else to do to get it back working. Is there a way to install a older version of sleep plugin? May the one, were we got the first time the drop down for drives outside the array?

tower-diagnostics-20230222-2151.zip

Edited by Kasjo

Hi there,

Didn't know where to ask for help so I'm trying in here... Sorry if that's not the right place.

Using S3 Sleep plugin with a (new) Eaton 3S UPS connected via USB, my Unraid server does not goes to sleep properly anymore.

What's happening :

- S3 plugin is correctly triggered based on settings and starts the sleep sequence

- Unraid goes to sleep, fan stops spinning

- Immediately after that (like less than 1 second), the server wakes up again

Logs indicate error -16 :

Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Stopping disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Stopping disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 7:0:0:0: [sdf] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 8:0:0:0: [sdg] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 4:0:0:0: [sde] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Stopping disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 8:0:0:0: [sdg] Stopping disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 4:0:0:0: [sde] Stopping disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 7:0:0:0: [sdf] Stopping disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:03:00.0: PM: pci_pm_suspend(): hcd_pci_suspend+0x0/0x23 returns -16
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:03:00.0: PM: dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x148 returns -16
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:03:00.0: PM: failed to suspend async: error -16
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Starting disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Starting disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Starting disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 4:0:0:0: [sde] Starting disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 7:0:0:0: [sdf] Starting disk
Feb 24 09:27:25 Ark kernel: sd 8:0:0:0: [sdg] Starting disk

I changed my UPS recently from APC to Eaton and discovered this behavior later on. After some investigation, I discovered that when I disconnect the UPS USB cable, Unraid stays in sleep. So the culprit is definitely the UPS.

Does anyone have the same behavior ?

Any idea how to correct this and still have a proper WOL ?

Thanks,

Gecko

2 hours ago, nSGecko said:

Any idea how to correct this and still have a proper WOL ?

like @trurl mentioned its pretty obvious its wake on usb events, just disable them in the BIOS and you should be fine ...

of course then you only can du WOL and no more other USB devices could wake your Server, just in case its a usecase (which i wouldnt expect anyway)

For some reason I have never been able to get this work. I remember following Spaceinvaderone video on how to remotly start and connect to a vm and it worked fine when I had the x299 motherboard. but now, i have never been able to get wake on a vm to work.

I have got the wake on lan plugin along with the python 2 moduale installed and it does say running.

I have port forwarded 7 to unraid

I know of the mac address and my public ip ( will want to to get duckdns to work, but need to pin down the issue)

Wake on lan is enabled in bios

The only thing i can think of why wake on lan is not working, is due to having the network model as virtio so i can access network shares from my other laptop.

I wonder if i could do a local internal wake up rather than using depricaus to pin down the cause.