unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

When you're super-focused on just getting functionality going like we have been, things like localization for different geographies doesn't really come to top of mind, but it is definitely important.

Great, when can I expect unRAID in the Dutch version  ;D

when they win the world cup.

Hey sparkly, you get my PM?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're super-focused on just getting functionality going like we have been, things like localization for different geographies doesn't really come to top of mind, but it is definitely important.

when they win the world cup.

Hey sparkly, you get my PM?

about donation button ?

Just had a thought about the new KVM function (it was also applicable to the previous versions - but I forgot about the issue)

Is there anyway to put in a section to select the keyboard mapping, currently as I live in the UK, each VM I have to setup I need to add in a section to get the correct keymap so my XML file reads

<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-gb'>

It's no big deal but it would make it easier for those new to it.

move to america, problem solved, lol.

When i first started with KVM last year and used Peter's xml templates I couldn't figure out why my Y key was spitting out Z's.  I thought of moving to Germany but just change DE to US in the xml.

When, my Netherland brother, you lot finally manage to create a pure black Tulip.

It's on the way, 2018 I believe ...

You mean Today.

When, my Netherland brother, you lot finally manage to create a pure black Tulip.

It's on the way, 2018 I believe ...

You mean Today.

No no, I mean soon  ;)

When i first started with KVM last year and used Peter's xml templates I couldn't figure out why my Y key was spitting out Z's.  I thought of moving to Germany but just change DE to US in the xml.

This happened to me as well with Peter's templates! I was so confused what was going on with my passwords!

My upgrade from b12 to b15 went smooth. Deleted VM Manager and libvrt, deleted docker.img and created all the dockers from scratch. Seemed to be working okay for about a day until I found the machine unreachable. It appears like emhttp and ssh crashed, cannot access the machine from LAN. However, Win8.1 KVM running on the unraid seems to be working okay. I had to cold reboot the machine and after about a day, I get the same symptoms - cannot reach the machine but KVM works. This is the second time this has happened since upgrading to b15 few days ago.

My previous b12 version was amazingly stable, no issues at all and was running for about 3 months before I rebooted for b15 upgrade. Has anyone experienced similar issue on b15? Anything I can look for to fix this issue? I will try to get the log through the KVM machine, it is in use right now.

My upgrade from b12 to b15 went smooth. Deleted VM Manager and libvrt, deleted docker.img and created all the dockers from scratch. Seemed to be working okay for about a day until I found the machine unreachable. It appears like emhttp and ssh crashed, cannot access the machine from LAN. However, Win8.1 KVM running on the unraid seems to be working okay. I had to cold reboot the machine and after about a day, I get the same symptoms - cannot reach the machine but KVM works. This is the second time this has happened since upgrading to b15 few days ago.

My previous b12 version was amazingly stable, no issues at all and was running for about 3 months before I rebooted for b15 upgrade. Has anyone experienced similar issue on b15? Anything I can look for to fix this issue? I will try to get the log through the KVM machine, it is in use right now.

That is incredibly odd.  Please share your syslinux.cfg file here and do you have any plugins installed?  Have you tried removing them?

Just had a thought about the new KVM function (it was also applicable to the previous versions - but I forgot about the issue)

Is there anyway to put in a section to select the keyboard mapping, currently as I live in the UK, each VM I have to setup I need to add in a section to get the correct keymap so my XML file reads

<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-gb'>

It's no big deal but it would make it easier for those new to it.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-24-at-10.40.09-PM.png

Will need you to test (along with others) when this is released.  Thanks for pointing this out!

Upgraded from v5 to b15 thanks to the guide linked from page 1.  The only slight hitch I had was that I needed to set the boot priority in my BIOS again (assume it's because I reformatted the flash drive) - since the machine's headless I had to do a bit of lifting (and find an old monitor and keyboard), but all up and running fine.

I do have a couple of problems though.  Left the machine running with the monitor on, started a parity check and came back to it an hour later...

1. "No sensors found" message many times on the screen.  I'm assuming this is nothing to worry about, but thought I'd check

2. More worryingly, the last message on the monitor is "*** Error in '/usr/bin/php': Corrupted double-linked list: 0x00002b3b9d7ade58 ***

The machine is still running on the network, and I can access the files.  However the web GUI is nowhere to be found (just a "waiting for unraid1" message in Chrome).  Seems as though the parity check is still running.

My machine is running pretty much stock unRaid - I don't have any plugins, just a number of shares.  I've used Putty to telnet onto the machine and capture a log (see attached).  Hope that's the right thing to do.

Any help gratefully received.

syslog.txt

Yesterday when creating a cache pool (after figuring out you have to lower drive slots to get cache slots) it would still say format after I already checked and clicked format.

I deleted all partitions with fdisk and also did it in another trial with parted. I stopped the array. Then selected 2 cache drives. Started the array.  Then checked and clicked format. Waited a minute and the webgui refreshed then it still showed format for the same cache drive. As well as unmountable.  If I stopped the array, then started, cache pool was a success.

Upgraded from v5 to b15 thanks to the guide linked from page 1.  The only slight hitch I had was that I needed to set the boot priority in my BIOS again (assume it's because I reformatted the flash drive) - since the machine's headless I had to do a bit of lifting (and find an old monitor and keyboard), but all up and running fine.

I do have a couple of problems though.  Left the machine running with the monitor on, started a parity check and came back to it an hour later...

1. "No sensors found" message many times on the screen.  I'm assuming this is nothing to worry about, but thought I'd check

2. More worryingly, the last message on the monitor is "*** Error in '/usr/bin/php': Corrupted double-linked list: 0x00002b3b9d7ade58 ***

The machine is still running on the network, and I can access the files.  However the web GUI is nowhere to be found (just a "waiting for unraid1" message in Chrome).  Seems as though the parity check is still running.

My machine is running pretty much stock unRaid - I don't have any plugins, just a number of shares.  I've used Putty to telnet onto the machine and capture a log (see attached).  Hope that's the right thing to do.

The "No sensors found" must come from something else installed besides unRAID itself. Check if you have any remains on your flash (folders: /extra, /plugins, /config/plugins, /custom, /packages).

Also check the content of your go file

The "No sensors found" must come from something else installed besides unRAID itself. Check if you have any remains on your flash (folders: /extra, /plugins, /config/plugins, /custom, /packages).

I'm not so certain of that. I think it might come from the Dashboard "sensors" exec. I can't replicate this because my board always have the ACPI sensor, but I'm pretty sure about it. Maybe you can redirect the stderr to /dev/null.

Were the instructions you followed in this link?

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

If you used LimeTech's procedure to upgrade and copied over the entire    config    folder, you probably got some files you don't want for ver 6!  I would suggest shutting down your server.  Take the Flash out and delete the entire    config    folder.  Then copy over just the  config folder from the download.  Then copy over certain files from your back of your ver 5 backup  as described in the link above.  Oh, make sure you have a copy of your  .key    file in a safe place!!!

I'm not so certain of that. I think it might come from the Dashboard "sensors" exec. I can't replicate this because my board always have the ACPI sensor, but I'm pretty sure about it. Maybe you can redirect the stderr to /dev/null.

That might be a reason, I will redirect the error messages, thanks.

The "No sensors found" must come from something else installed besides unRAID itself.

No, it's UnRAID.  We've discussed this before.  Happened first with 14b.  Still happens with 15.

It's an easy fix, you just have to run "sensors-detect" from the local console or ssh, and then modprobe the resulting driver in the go file.

See: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39244.0

The "No sensors found" must come from something else installed besides unRAID itself.

No, it's UnRAID.  We've discussed this before.  Happened first with 14b.  Still happens with 15.

It's an easy fix, you just have to run "sensors-detect" from the local console or ssh, and then modprobe the resulting driver in the go file.

See: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39244.0

By adding the correct driver there will be sensors available,  that is true and it is indeed the 'best' solution.

It is also simple to surpress the error message in the first place.

Yesterday when creating a cache pool (after figuring out you have to lower drive slots to get cache slots) it would still say format after I already checked and clicked format.

I deleted all partitions with fdisk and also did it in another trial with parted. I stopped the array. Then selected 2 cache drives. Started the array.  Then checked and clicked format. Waited a minute and the webgui refreshed then it still showed format for the same cache drive. As well as unmountable.  If I stopped the array, then started, cache pool was a success.

I had exactly the same with the two brand-new, just out of the box Crucial BX100 drives, so there was nothing on those drives before.

I had exactly the same with the two brand-new, just out of the box Crucial BX100 drives, so there was nothing on those drives before.

Yeah it took me a bit too figure out. Wasn't sure if there was some partition left. The first format does work even though it still displays format. You just have to stop and start the array for the cache pool to mount.