binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6179 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 3/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, plantsandbinary said:

How do you restart deluge from within the container? 

Yeah sorry about that, I wrote it from memory and deluge doesn't have a file menu...

To get the plugins to stick:

1. Enable the plugin in deluge preferences

2. Open connection manager

797679150_connectionmanager.png.d821a76584bc6f016c5c952f641e8091.png

3. Select the host you're connected to

4. Stop the daemon (at this point you can check that the plugin has been added to core.conf)

5. Start the daemon

6. Connect to the now running daemon

7. Stop and start the container

8. Open deluge preferences and confirm plugin is now enabled

Please report back if this solves the problem for you

On 3/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, IamSpartacus said:

Has anyone been able to get the WebAPI plugin installed in this container to enable Organizr V2 to talk to Deluge?  When I go to install the plugin it never shows an option to check off and thus isn't working.

Try the steps in the post above to restart the daemon from within deluge UI after enabling the plugin

On 3/15/2019 at 12:00 AM, Caldorian said:

Has anyone been able to get the Pieces plugin (https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/Pieces) to work successfully with this? The best I've ever gotten is for the tab to show up, but nothing to be shown in the tab. Most of the time for me, it ends up where the Web UI can't connect to the running instance.

I've been using the Pieces plugin for years - I don't remember having to do anything special to get it working.  It works with WebUI and remote client.  I'm not sure what to advise - it just works for me!

On 3/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, Jorgen said:

Yeah sorry about that, I wrote it from memory and deluge doesn't have a file menu...

To get the plugins to stick:

1. Enable the plugin in deluge preferences

2. Open connection manager

797679150_connectionmanager.png.d821a76584bc6f016c5c952f641e8091.png

3. Select the host you're connected to

4. Stop the daemon (at this point you can check that the plugin has been added to core.conf)

5. Start the daemon

6. Connect to the now running daemon

7. Stop and start the container

8. Open deluge preferences and confirm plugin is now enabled

Please report back if this solves the problem for you

Thanks it actually worked.

Although the next day I went back to qBittorrent because I can't handle how slow Deluge is and that I can't shift-select multiple torrent files.

Thanks for such a great deluge/vpn combo 

Having an issue where many of my torrents when rechecked are at 96+ percent but had finished at 100%.  Originally the download folder was a mounted smb volume that is a stablebit drivepool volume - have used utorrent in the past to it and never had an issue.  Thinking the smb mount was the problem i changed to internal unraid storage and then when completed the files would move to the smb volume.  Now i have seen files where on recheck 40% of the file is missing.  Obviously others are not having this issue and i feel like i'm missing something simple.  Could this be a vpn issue? Thank you for your help

Sorry forgot to point to @binhex

Edited by mcrommert

Also getting the AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED message trying to connect to SurfShark VPN service and not able to connect to the docker. I have downloaded and uploaded the OpenVPN files to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn and entered the user and pass that is generated by SurfShark. I have also tried my login creds. that I created for SurfShark and still no luck. Not sure what else to do. 

Edited by ProAm500
more info

11 minutes ago, ProAm500 said:

Also getting the AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED message trying to connect to SurfShark VPN service and not able to connect to the docker. I have downloaded and uploaded the OpenVPN files to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn and entered the user and pass that is generated by SurfShark. I have also tried my login creds. that I created for SurfShark and still no luck. Not sure what else to do. 

Be sure to not use any special characters in your username/password, use only 0-9,a-z,A-Z  

7 hours ago, strike said:

Be sure to not use any special characters in your username/password, use only 0-9,a-z,A-Z  

My login name for SurfShark is my email address so obv. an @ in the username. Also, when I download the .ovpn a username and password is generated that does not contain any special or illegal characters, so not sure what else to try. 

4 minutes ago, ProAm500 said:

My login name for SurfShark is my email address so obv. an @ in the username. Also, when I download the .ovpn a username and password is generated that does not contain any special or illegal characters, so not sure what else to try. 

Spoke to soon. After clicking the generation link a bunch of times, I was able to get logged in. 

It has been a while since I have had time to post about my WebUI issues but I really want to get things working again so I thought I would lay them out again and see if anyone has any ideas.  For the past 6mons or so I am unable to get DelugeVPN WebUI to open with VPN enabled.  I'm using PIA with the proper port forwarding site.  I have looked at my log (which is attached BTW) and it connects with no issues and states that the WebUI has started both with and without VPN Enabled.  I had this working for over a year prior to this, and I can't pinpoint what changed that made it stopped.  Thanks in advance for anyone who has time to take a look!

supervisord-with-vpn.txt

supervisord-without-vpn.txt

Edited by zyurph

I'm having trouble getting deluge to upload. I'm using PIA with Sweden (tried with german too) endpoint and download works great. No matter what I seem to do it will not upload however. Is there something I need to add?

If I understand correctly, I don't need to open any ports?

Edited by Andreen
Read up on it some more

7 hours ago, zyurph said:

It has been a while since I have had time to post about my WebUI issues but I really want to get things working again so I thought I would lay them out again and see if anyone has any ideas.  For the past 6mons or so I am unable to get DelugeVPN WebUI to open with VPN enabled.  I'm using PIA with the proper port forwarding site.  I have looked at my log (which is attached BTW) and it connects with no issues and states that the WebUI has started both with and without VPN Enabled.  I had this working for over a year prior to this, and I can't pinpoint what changed that made it stopped.  Thanks in advance for anyone who has time to take a look!

supervisord-with-vpn.txt

supervisord-without-vpn.txt

Can't see anything wrong in your log. What network type do you have in the container template? And what address do you use when you're trying to connect to the webui?

3 hours ago, Andreen said:

I'm having trouble getting deluge to upload. I'm using PIA with Sweden (tried with german too) endpoint and download works great. No matter what I seem to do it will not upload however. Is there something I need to add?

If I understand correctly, I don't need to open any ports?

You do need an open incoming port, but if you're using PIA this container does the port forwarding for you automatically. All you have to do is enable strict port forward in the container template and connect to a supported endpoint. Have you confirmed that you get an incoming port? Check the log. Also if you're on a private tracker make sure to disable peer exchange and dht in the deluge settings.

1 hour ago, strike said:

Can't see anything wrong in your log. What network type do you have in the container template? And what address do you use when you're trying to connect to the webui?

Thanks for the reply strike, my network type is "Custom : br0" and I'm using 10.1.1.201:8112 to connect to the WebUI.

@binhex - I am trying to run your container in docker swarm as a service instead of a docker container via docker compose. I understand that your container asks for the "NET_ADMIN" cap to be added on docker-compose files. But as far as I know docker swarm/stack files doesn't support capabilities? Can I run your container without that cap_add parameter as a docker service?

9 minutes ago, zyurph said:

my network type is "Custom : br0

This is your issue. This container doesn't officially support customs networks, you need to switch to bridge or host. Which also means you have to switch any other containers who connects to deluge to bridge or host. I'm one of the few who have customs network working in this container but I don't know why it works for me and not for most people. The only advice I have is to try to set the the "Privileged" flag to ON in the container template then try again, if that doesn't work you'll have to switch to bridge/host.

2 minutes ago, strike said:

This is your issue. This container doesn't officially support customs networks, you need to switch to bridge or host. Which also means you have to switch any other containers who connects to deluge to bridge or host. I'm one of the few who have customs network working in this container but I don't know why it works for me and not for most people. The only advice I have is to try to set the the "Privileged" flag to ON in the container template then try again, if that doesn't work you'll have to switch to bridge/host.

Thanks that fixed it.  I had been running a custom network for a good while without issue.  some update either in deluge or UNRAID must have broken it.  

Thanks again!

A bit last minute but if anybody is considering switching to pia then tonight is the night price increases are coming, starting tomorrow.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, strike said:

You do need an open incoming port, but if you're using PIA this container does the port forwarding for you automatically. All you have to do is enable strict port forward in the container template and connect to a supported endpoint. Have you confirmed that you get an incoming port? Check the log. Also if you're on a private tracker make sure to disable peer exchange and dht in the deluge settings.

I'm a bit confused, I do use PIA. At first you say I need an open incoming port, then you say all I need to do is enable strict port forward in the container. So if I use PIA, I do not need an open incoming port, correct?

I get an incoming port in the container logs, yes. And that's the port I'm using for incoming in Deluge. The problem seems to be outgoing.

DHT is off. I can't find peer exchange in the settings but I turned all off so should be off.

I now do get a very small upload but it maxes out at like 100kb/s very rarely, which is abysmal. Down I get 20+MBit/s without issues.

4 hours ago, Andreen said:

I'm a bit confused, I do use PIA. At first you say I need an open incoming port, then you say all I need to do is enable strict port forward in the container. So if I use PIA, I do not need an open incoming port, correct?

I get an incoming port in the container logs, yes. And that's the port I'm using for incoming in Deluge. The problem seems to be outgoing.

DHT is off. I can't find peer exchange in the settings but I turned all off so should be off.

I now do get a very small upload but it maxes out at like 100kb/s very rarely, which is abysmal. Down I get 20+MBit/s without issues.

Re-fraising a bit. Yes, you do need an incoming port, but since you're using PIA you don't have to worry about that, this container does it for you. All you need to do is the 2 things I mentioned. 1. Make sure you have strict port forwarding enabled and 2. connect to a supported endpoint. But you said you confirmed that you got an incoming port in the logs, so that should all be ok.

The reason an open incoming port is important is that if you don't have that, nobody can connect to you and thus you can't upload anything. But your issue seems to be something else since you do have an open incoming port. Have you checked your private tracker? What does it say? The site may have an indication if your "connectable" or not. 

How do you add you torrents do deluge?

2 hours ago, strike said:

Re-fraising a bit. Yes, you do need an incoming port, but since you're using PIA you don't have to worry about that, this container does it for you. All you need to do is the 2 things I mentioned. 1. Make sure you have strict port forwarding enabled and 2. connect to a supported endpoint. But you said you confirmed that you got an incoming port in the logs, so that should all be ok. 

The reason an open incoming port is important is that if you don't have that, nobody can connect to you and thus you can't upload anything. But your issue seems to be something else since you do have an open incoming port. Have you checked your private tracker? What does it say? The site may have an indication if your "connectable" or not.  

How do you add you torrents do deluge?

I'm sorry to have wasted your time but I actually believe all is working well now. I've gotten stuff to seed now and I believe my issue was not seeding popular enough stuff... Sorry but thanks!

On 3/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, emteedubs said:

@binhex - I am trying to run your container in docker swarm as a service instead of a docker container via docker compose. I understand that your container asks for the "NET_ADMIN" cap to be added on docker-compose files. But as far as I know docker swarm/stack files doesn't support capabilities? Can I run your container without that cap_add parameter as a docker service?

you can use net_admin in docker compose, go here and do a find for net_admin using your browser:-

https://docs.docker.com/compose/compose-file/compose-file-v2/