[Plugin] CA User Scripts

1216 posts in this topic Last Reply

12 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I have a cron job that runs every Monday at 1 am.  In User Scripts it is 0 1 * * 1.

Yours should be 0 2 * * 4  (perhaps THU also works but I use the ordinal number).  You need a space between each element as well.

Thank you will give this a try. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a simple little plugin to act as a front end for any little scripts that you may have that you may need to run every once in a while, and don't feel like dropping down to the command line to do i

I could make up something long, convoluted, and technical as a reason why it doesn't do that but it would all be bs.  The simple answer is that when I did this, I never thought of that, and why it sti

@Squid I tried many commands and by that I found out that pkill does not kill (all) child processes: root@Thoth:/tmp# pgrep -f isleep2m | xargs --no-run-if-empty ps fp PID TTY STAT T

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Ryguy said:

I have a script that is running great when I manually tell it to do so, or in the background but does not seem to be responding to my custom CRON schedule. I would like it to run every Thursday at 2am so I have set the CRON fiel to be 02**THU. The log however indicates a failure to parse CRON job and goes into a loop.

I saw that weekly is an option, but am unsure how to set the day and time of the weekly schedule. Can someone help?

In the top left of the page there's a "What Is Cron" line.  Hover over this for a popup of the interpretation that this follows.  Took me a couple of goes to get mine working since there's a few different ways to express the same thing, and not all Cron systems accept the same structure.

55 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

In the top left of the page there's a "What Is Cron" line.  Hover over this for a popup of the interpretation that this follows.  Took me a couple of goes to get mine working since there's a few different ways to express the same thing, and not all Cron systems accept the same structure.

This was very helpful thanks. Got me sorted out completely! 

1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

I have a cron job that runs every Monday at 1 am.  In User Scripts it is 0 1 * * 1.

Yours should be 0 2 * * 4  (perhaps THU also works but I use the ordinal number).  You need a space between each element as well.

This was the prob. Cheers

On 6/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, Aerodb said:

Same issue happened for me. 

If I change the timing(or disable) any of the scripts, apply lights up(so i can click it). but when i actually click, nothing happens. upon refresh or revisiting this page the changes are not saved. it worked a few minutes ago but not its not. 

@Aerodb I'm having the same problem, did you ever get this solved ?

On 11/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, Hoopster said:

Cron Schedule needs a space. (* * * * *) not (*****) that explains my problem.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I'm wondering why when I run a script, if inside the script I run some program in background the script doesn't terminate correctly (in the console window doesn't appear the "DONE" button). The script itself works and terminates ok if run it from the terminal.

Is this an intended behavior? If yes, can it be circumvented in some ways?

Thanks.

Edited by cyruz

Is there any way to re-order the scripts ?

Further, maybe a grouping of them too.

Mine are all over the place as it has grown over time.

I have started prefixing them with stuff to group them (Daily, Weekly, OneOffs, OffsiteBackups) - but they are still spread all over.

Ideally, if they could be sorted then they would all 'get together'.

On 11/21/2020 at 9:17 AM, vw-kombi said:

Is there any way to re-order the scripts ?

Further, maybe a grouping of them too.

Mine are all over the place as it has grown over time.

I have started prefixing them with stuff to group them (Daily, Weekly, OneOffs, OffsiteBackups) - but they are still spread all over.

Ideally, if they could be sorted then they would all 'get together'.

I was wondering the same, mainly because I want to group disabled/unused scripts to clean up the list

On 11/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, Croontje said:

I was wondering the same, mainly because I want to group disabled/unused scripts to clean up the list

I haven't tried it yet (have the same issue) but I believe it is based alphabetically off the file name of the script. I tried just changing the name but that didn't work, so I'm guessing have to rename the script file itself and then add it to the UserScripts page again.

On 11/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, Cessquill said:

crontab.guru is an online page that I use. Let's me put stuff in and shows you the result. Also has a huge page of examples of almost every type.

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

crontab.guru is an online page that I use. Let's me put stuff in and shows you the result. Also has a huge page of examples of almost every type.

Yes, I've used a couple of different ones, but like I say - the reference on the plugin page is useful as it shows the format that it specifically accepts.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, MajorTomG said:

I'm new to this and I'm hoping I can use this plugin to call the radarr V3 API. Specifically the /command endpoint ImportListSyncCommand. Is this possible? Where would I start?

See a few posts above for another example of running a command inside a docker.

How do I run any CA Userscript Script from within a Terminal Session?

1. I know copies of scripts are held and ran from " /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts"....but when I go there via Terminal...I don't see ALL of my scripts listed (only a subset). It appears the only scripts listed here are ones which have been previously executed through Userscripts GUI.
  2. I know scripts are also located in "/boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts" but those are all buttoned up with permissions restricting run (probably for good reason too since its the flash drive).

I'm trying to host a discord bot I made in python using the discordpy library, and I wanted to have the script ran every hour. however I'm not to experienced with bash so i'm a little stuck on running the script.

this is the code I tried and I have installed the nerdpack plugin and enabled python3 in the settings. I have also rebooted my server after installing/enabling

#!/bin/bash
cd /mnt/user/scripts/Predicting_Alpha_Bot
python bot.py

When I run the script using the user script plugin it shows an error saying unknown command 'python'. I'm not sure if I have to specify the python path or anything so any help would be greatly appreciated!

[BUG] German Umlauts [äöüÄÖÜß] disappear during save

I do have some scripts that do require German Umlauts (see above). I can put them into the big edit field but they disappear after saving the user script.

For example: Within a user script I do call a python script to export data. I enter something like that (shortened):

python3 [path]/ExportData.py -l Hörbücher

After saving and reopening the script this is what became stored:

python3 [path]/ExportData.py -l Hrbcher

Thanks.