Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

4066 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 5/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, ssinseeme said:

what happened to my Nextcloud? I have been running nextcloud for 3 weeks with no problems. Today suddenly on my phone i kept getting 

"Error the certificate for this server is invalid" . at home I tried to open the web UI from the docker and it was trying to acess my local IP nextclpoud instead of Https. any idea. I have not change anything to the settings.

Just FYI. This problem occurred because I was trying to connect to my Nextcloud from work. I could not access Nextcloud because acccording to them they block Dynamic DNS. 
somehow when I get home it’s didn’t let me connect as well, I had to restart Leyenrypt and Nextcloud dockers. 

Share this post


Link to post

Can anybody tell me why after adding the line:

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

 

i still have "The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗."

 

I fixed all other error following spaceinvador but this one

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

Can anybody tell me why after adding the line:

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

 

i still have "The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗."

 

I fixed all other error following spaceinvador but this one

I think Nginx behaves like this if the same directive is enabled in two places at the same time, like in the Letsencrypt and Nextcloud containers.
Comment out the other one, and check after restarting the dockers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Everything working great last night. After updating the docker this morning, now I get

 

Quote

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

Doesn't appear to be anything super obvious in the logs...

 

Actually disregard, appears to be a Let's Encrypt issue, not a NextCloud issue.

 

EDIT:

So actually turns out it was a mariadb issue. Mariadb was updated at the same time and apparently it corrupted my database somehow. So I deleted mariadb completely along with the appdata, restored the appdata from a CA Backup from a couple days ago, and then re-installed mariadb while pointing to the already restored appdata folder. Restarted mariadb and nextcloud and Nextcloud fired right up.

 

Weird. Huzzah for backups.

Nextcloud Logs

Edited by goose1701

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys. I am trying to run this command "notification:generate  "user:id John Doe" short-message "hola" and i keep getting "Too many arguments, expected arguments "command" "user-id" "short-message".  Can someone help me figure out how is the command suppose to be. I dont understand the syntax "notification:generate [-l|--long-message LONG-MESSAGE [--] ]<user-id> <short-message>"

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tucubanito07 said:

Hey guys. I am trying to run this command "notification:generate  "user:id John Doe" short-message "hola" and i keep getting "Too many arguments, expected arguments "command" "user-id" "short-message".  Can someone help me figure out how is the command suppose to be. I dont understand the syntax "notification:generate [-l|--long-message LONG-MESSAGE [--] ]<user-id> <short-message>"

notification:generate John Doe hola

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, saarg said:

notification:generate John Doe hola

I have done that and I get unknown user?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I have done that and I get unknown user?

I actually tried with my user name and it works. But when i try a name that has a space like this John Doe it says unknown user. I have tried John \Doe and does not work. I think the problem is the space on the name.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I actually tried with my user name and it works. But when i try a name that has a space like this John Doe it says unknown user. I have tried John \Doe and does not work. I think the problem is the space on the name.

I figure it out with your help. It spark a little bulb on my head and i tried this     notification:generate "John Doe" "Can you come here pleaseeeee". This way it worked. Thank you @saarg

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2020 at 12:25 AM, ICDeadPpl said:

I think Nginx behaves like this if the same directive is enabled in two places at the same time, like in the Letsencrypt and Nextcloud containers.
Comment out the other one, and check after restarting the dockers.

 

I don't see it in 2 places. I have it only in Letencrypt Nextcloud.config. I don't see that in the nextcloud config.php. could you point me to the senconf place you believe i have it 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2020 at 11:11 PM, ssinseeme said:

I don't see it in 2 places. I have it only in Letencrypt Nextcloud.config. I don't see that in the nextcloud config.php. could you point me to the senconf place you believe i have it 

Well, when I searched for the string "add_header Strict-Transport-Security", I found it in these files:
letsencrypt/nginx/ssl.conf
nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

I have commented it out in the "nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default" file.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey all,

 

So I followed both of SpaceInvaderOnes videos and I have it set up as the following

 

ddclient configured with CloudFlare as my DynamicDNS - Working I can ping the subdomain and it resolves to my IP

CloudFlare as Reverse Proxy DNS - Possible error here?

Owned domain from namecheap -> setup with cloudflare DNS

My domain does show up in cloudflare as transitioned and active. I have an A type dns record for 'cloud' that has my correct WAN  IP

 

I have edited the nextcloud config files - Question is "'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt']", " required in the nextcloud configuration file?

I have edited the lets encrypt subdomain config files and its no longer a sample file

My NextCloud docker container is on the custom proxynet ethernet bridge thing

My let encrypt is using port forwarded 180 (changed from port 80 on the forward rule) and 443 as the video show (had issues when using 1443 )

I have edited the nextcloud config to use cloud.* instead of nextcloud.* to match my subdomain name

My unraid server does have a  static IP on the internal network

 

Logs

Nextcloud shows no log errors

ddclient has - "WARNING: found neither iupv4 nor ipv6 address"

LetsEncrypt - Server ready status

 

 

I am getting a 502 bad gateway error when I VPN out and go to https://cloud.mydomain.com

 

I had an issue where I couldnt see with canyouseeme.org the 443 or 1443 port forward rules. Checked with my ISP and confirmed they do not block them

 

Videos I followed -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0lhZc25Sro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPmVZ9CgtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0lhZc25Sro

 

 

What would cause this 502 bad gateway? What steps can I check? Is it useful to post the config files? Is it safe to post the config files? Thanks everyone

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all, hope everyones keeping safe in the current climate !

 

I have nextcloud set up and working, through reverse proxy with my own domain, awesome :) The issue I am having though is really slow upload speeds for a large file (79gb) of 2mb/s~, if this is normal behaviour for such a large file then fair enough but was wandering if there is anything I can do ? I've done a good amount of searching but couldn't figure out why it's uploading at such a slow rate, is it because I'm using my own domain ?

 

Setup: unraid plus running on HP Proliant DL380 Gen7, nextcloud is cache enabled, the cache drive is a 146gb 15k SAS drive (there is plenty of space on it, 123gb) the file I'm wanting to upload is on my computer that's on the same network as the server, I have 1gb/s networking on both machines.

 

Anymore information required let me know :)

 

TIA

 

Myles

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

I just installed nextcloud and mariadb as per SpaceInvader, and the docker is loading up and doing things mostly fine. The only problem (which is somewhat of a showstopper) is that for some reason I can't actually share any files in my account - the share button is literally missing. When you go to the properties of a file or folder it only has activity, comments, and versions tabs available and a missing spot for Sharing. I've checked the settings and it seems all set to enable. Tried creating a second user and it had the same problem. I'm guessing there's something that needs to be repaired but no idea where. Any thoughts?

Capture.thumb.PNG.ef51cf02a3d4af015e87abbe3bfb60fb.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing a variety of different issues, the latest being a 400 Bad Request The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port. This happens when trying to access via https://192.168.1.180:444, too.

Just prior I had a 502 Bad Gateway.

 

Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, I've got Sonarr/Radarr/Bazarr services working through LetsEncrypt with no issues.

If anybody sees where I'm missing a variable, it'd be appreciated :)

 

LetsEncrypt console can ping 'nextcloud' with no issues

Docker Config: https://imgur.com/a/xzLs6x5

nginx default config: https://pastebin.com/hdd3YeZp

subdomain config: https://pastebin.com/Vq1LGHbS

nextcloud config: https://pastebin.com/xvvJCeCj

 

Error:

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

nginx/1.16.1

Share this post


Link to post

@rawfuls may start with removing the nextcloud server block from your nginx conf, u use either in defaults OR as seperate in /proxy-confs

 

looks u have it 2x listening on nextcloud.yourdomaon.com

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all, upload speeds still slow so I opted to load the file to a separate share on unraid and then map that share to nextcloud using the external storages add on.

 

Next issue, is that when I created an external link for a large .7z file to be downloaded, my friend reports that the download failed (they tried a few times and it failed each time at the same point, suggests time out issue?) and in my WebGUI logging section I have the following error. Have googled but not been able to find any definitive answer on how to fix.

 

TIA

 

Myles

NextCloud Error.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all, looking for some advice to help speed up Nextcloud, if possible. 

 

I'm starting to use it more and more for my private cloud needs, but the speed does leave something to be desired.

I'm running it via the LetsEncrypt reverse proxy.

 

I don't think there's been any real changes to my nextcloud appdata files other than configuring some auto-deletion of deleted files after 30 days?

 

Here's my reverse proxy config. 

If there's anything else I can do to help speed it up that would be appreciated.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

server {
	listen 443 ssl;
	server_name cloud.domain.com;

	root /config/www;
	index index.html index.htm index.php;
	
	###SSL Certificates
	ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
	ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;
	
	###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
	ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;
	
	###SSL Ciphers
	ssl_ciphers '(full cipher list removed here)';
	
	###Extra Settings###
	ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
	ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

    ### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
	add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
	add_header Front-End-Https on;
	add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer;

	client_max_body_size 16000m;

	location / {
		proxy_pass https://10.0.0.10:444/;
#        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
#Disabled max temp file size to be able to share files greater than 2GB in size.
        proxy_buffering off;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, rawfuls said:

Seeing a variety of different issues, the latest being a 400 Bad Request The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port. This happens when trying to access via https://192.168.1.180:444, too.

Just prior I had a 502 Bad Gateway.

 

Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, I've got Sonarr/Radarr/Bazarr services working through LetsEncrypt with no issues.

If anybody sees where I'm missing a variable, it'd be appreciated :)

 

LetsEncrypt console can ping 'nextcloud' with no issues

Docker Config: https://imgur.com/a/xzLs6x5

nginx default config: https://pastebin.com/hdd3YeZp

subdomain config: https://pastebin.com/Vq1LGHbS

nextcloud config: https://pastebin.com/xvvJCeCj

 

Error:

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

nginx/1.16.1

I don't know whether it'll make a difference, but in your nextcloud config you have two 'overwrite.cli.url' => lines, when following SpaceInvaderone's guide, he advised to replace the ip (the top iteration of 'overwrite.cli.url' in your config) with your sub domain, which you have in an additional like further down in the file. I also placed 'overwritehost' and 'overrideprotocol' directly under the first 'overwrite.cli.url'.

 

Again not sure if that would make a difference but that's how mine is set up and working :)

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 5/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, alturismo said:

@rawfuls may start with removing the nextcloud server block from your nginx conf, u use either in defaults OR as seperate in /proxy-confs

 

looks u have it 2x listening on nextcloud.yourdomaon.com

 

This was it, thanks a ton @alturismo!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all,

 

I tried to upgrade to 18.0.4 using webui but the process stopped and now I can only see a message saying "Update in process."

 

So I  tried also the manual method suggested but I get stuck at first command:

"sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on" = "Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ"

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jokerigno said:

Hi all,

 

I tried to upgrade to 18.0.4 using webui but the process stopped and now I can only see a message saying "Update in process."

 

So I  tried also the manual method suggested but I get stuck at first command:

"sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on" = "Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ"

You probably did this in the unraid console and not in the container. Do this first:

exec -it nextcloud bash

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, saarg said:

You probably did this in the unraid console and not in the container. Do this first:

exec -it nextcloud bash

I was in the container. Below all the steps (from unraid console to container console and then the command)

 

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
Last login: Thu May 14 17:03:59 +0200 2020 on /dev/pts/0.
root@Joshua:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
root@22bafb464e06:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

I was in the container. Below all the steps (from unraid console to container console and then the command)

 


Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
Last login: Thu May 14 17:03:59 +0200 2020 on /dev/pts/0.
root@Joshua:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
root@22bafb464e06:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ

 

 

Then it's  probably because the web update already moved the nextcloud folder. Check the www folder to see if there are any other folders and if there is on, you can move on to next step. The web updater already turned on the maintenance mode I guess.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.