Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

4066 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 6/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, scubieman said:

Normal for docker image to show full when someone is downloading or uploading to nextcloud? I show it jumping around a lot!

 

On 6/10/2020 at 1:29 AM, MothyTim said:

I've asked before quite a few times, nobody seems to know so I had to stop using Nextclould! Which is a shame! If you find out please post here as I think a few others have also asked in the past and I for one would like to switch it back on!

 

I have this same problem as well, I'm using external storages that point to my /mnt/ locations. I had 10GB for my docker.img file which was about 50% full, someone downloaded a file from me that came in at 4.5GB - it basically crippled and trashed my docker.img to the point where I had to delete it and recreate it from scratch. Painless process with the auto template usage from the apps tab, but it's still a pain when I have to take all the dockers down just to do it.

 

The only thing I can think of in the short term is to increase the docker.img size to something larger than your single largest file and inform your users to not download multiple files as an archive.

 

@MothyTim What are you using to replace Nextcloud? I found Nextcloud to "tick" all of my boxes but this problem is just a big strike through them all.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Goldfire said:

 

 

I have this same problem as well, I'm using external storages that point to my /mnt/ locations. I had 10GB for my docker.img file which was about 50% full, someone downloaded a file from me that came in at 4.5GB - it basically crippled and trashed my docker.img to the point where I had to delete it and recreate it from scratch. Painless process with the auto template usage from the apps tab, but it's still a pain when I have to take all the dockers down just to do it.

 

The only thing I can think of in the short term is to increase the docker.img size to something larger than your single largest file and inform your users to not download multiple files as an archive.

 

@MothyTim What are you using to replace Nextcloud? I found Nextcloud to "tick" all of my boxes but this problem is just a big strike through them all.

Have you tried to find the folder that grows inside the container?

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Goldfire said:

 

@MothyTim What are you using to replace Nextcloud? I found Nextcloud to "tick" all of my boxes but this problem is just a big strike through them all.

I just went back to using Dropbox or Wetransfer which isn’t ideal as I often need people to be able to download 30GB of files, but at least it’s reliable! They are multitrack broadcast wav files and can be quite large and I can’t have the server crash when the likes of the BBC are trying to download! It would be so much better to get this working, I could give people access to their files for as long as they need!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, saarg said:

Have you tried to find the folder that grows inside the container?

How would you do that? Don’t have much time before it freezes the system though!

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

How would you do that? Don’t have much time before it freezes the system though!

Don't know the command to list folder size by heart, but Google probably knows.

You could test with a file you know will not fill your docker.img and then run the command to find the big folder.

Share this post


Link to post

Is the document server going to be available native within the container at some point? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MothyTim said:

How would you do that? Don’t have much time before it freezes the system though!

You can install ncdu inside the container and run it from there to see the folder sizes in real time. I could not identify which one is tho.

I had this problem only using shared links. If a user uploads or downloads something, everything is fine in my case. If I share a link to someone who's not a user in my nextcloud then the docker image fills up. Can you test this please?

Edited by andreidelait

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, gacpac said:

Is the document server going to be available native within the container at some point? 

 

No because nextcloud designed it in way that won't work with containers.

Share this post


Link to post

Rightly or wrongly I decided to re-do my install now that it works on the proper mariaDB.

That's all installed fine.  My issue is I can't amend the config file.

 

I have rootshare and I can write to the base of the drive but, when I drill down to the config locations for next cloud I lose write permissions.

 

I have no idea why and Windows can't update the permissions to allow me to.  What have I done wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, daveo132 said:

Rightly or wrongly I decided to re-do my install now that it works on the proper mariaDB.

That's all installed fine.  My issue is I can't amend the config file.

 

I have rootshare and I can write to the base of the drive but, when I drill down to the config locations for next cloud I lose write permissions.

 

I have no idea why and Windows can't update the permissions to allow me to.  What have I done wrong?

Edit it using unraid and not windows.

Edited by saarg

Share this post


Link to post

How do I do that?  As far as i can tell I am set to be able to do so in unraid?

 

[rootshare]
path = /mnt/user
comment =
browseable = yes
valid users = ****
write list = ****
vfs objects =

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

How do I do that?  As far as i can tell I am set to be able to do so in unraid?

 

[rootshare]
path = /mnt/user
comment =
browseable = yes
valid users = ****
write list = ****
vfs objects =

Using the command line.

Share this post


Link to post

Greetings,

 

Just tried to install NextCloud from the best Linuxserver guys.  I am getting the following error.  I changed Host Port 1: to 444, and my path to a Share I created called NextCloud.  What is the problem here?  Is there a fix?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 image.png.976ad3ebb7b7c5481765140a487e67d1.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, drugdoctor said:

Greetings,

 

Just tried to install NextCloud from the best Linuxserver guys.  I am getting the following error.  I changed Host Port 1: to 444, and my path to a Share I created called NextCloud.  What is the problem here?  Is there a fix?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 image.png.976ad3ebb7b7c5481765140a487e67d1.png

Looks like you have had it installed before. Nuke the appdata folder and restart the container.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, saarg said:

Looks like you have had it installed before. Nuke the appdata folder and restart the container.

Worked!  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all I recently upgraded my MB and CPU. 

My next cloud now is giving me this error: 

Your data directory is invalid

Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

 someone  had this error and managed to add .ocdata in data directory i believe, but i can't find where to add .ocdata. i tried different folders like.  \\TOWER\appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\core\Data  but i still have this error. 

my next cloud docker is set up as before with the same path and use the same share folder.

any help appreciate it 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, Goldfire said:

 

 

I have this same problem as well, I'm using external storages that point to my /mnt/ locations. I had 10GB for my docker.img file which was about 50% full, someone downloaded a file from me that came in at 4.5GB - it basically crippled and trashed my docker.img to the point where I had to delete it and recreate it from scratch. Painless process with the auto template usage from the apps tab, but it's still a pain when I have to take all the dockers down just to do it.

 

The only thing I can think of in the short term is to increase the docker.img size to something larger than your single largest file and inform your users to not download multiple files as an archive.

 

@MothyTim What are you using to replace Nextcloud? I found Nextcloud to "tick" all of my boxes but this problem is just a big strike through them all.

Since it is only when downloading/uploading it might just be the temp folder.
Did you set proxy_temp_path in your nginx config in your reverse proxy? Are you even using a reverse proxy?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TheIstar said:

Since it is only when downloading/uploading it might just be the temp folder.
Did you set proxy_temp_path in your nginx config in your reverse proxy? Are you even using a reverse proxy?

Well yes I'm using reverse proxy, I thought it must be a temp file and have said so before but no one suggested that! Which config file and I assume I need to passthrough a path to a folder or can I use unraids temp folder?

Many thanks

Tim

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

Well yes I'm using reverse proxy, I thought it must be a temp file and have said so before but no one suggested that! Which config file and I assume I need to passthrough a path to a folder or can I use unraids temp folder?

Many thanks

Tim

I just added the following line to my letsencrypt nginx  proxy config:

 

proxy_temp_path /config/proxytemp 1 2

 

This way it just creates a sub folder called proxytemp in the letsencrypt folder in appdata.

Share this post


Link to post
I just added the following line to my letsencrypt nginx  proxy config:
 
proxy_temp_path /config/proxytemp 1 2
 
This way it just creates a sub folder called proxytemp in the letsencrypt folder in appdata.

Literally with the “1 2” at end? Exactly which letsencrypt file are you editing? I have had problem with large files such as MothyTim too and never really figured it out...

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

Hi all I recently upgraded my MB and CPU. 

My next cloud now is giving me this error: 


Your data directory is invalid

Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

 someone  had this error and managed to add .ocdata in data directory i believe, but i can't find where to add .ocdata. i tried different folders like.  \\TOWER\appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\core\Data  but i still have this error. 

my next cloud docker is set up as before with the same path and use the same share folder.

any help appreciate it 

It doesn't look like you have used the same path since nextcloud doesn't find the file it needs.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, saarg said:

It doesn't look like you have used the same path since nextcloud doesn't find the file it needs.

I didn't change the path is the same: /mnt/user/media/

i double check that media contained all the document i have in nextcoud. I made also sure also that the share file i am using is disk 3 which has all the file in next cloud. all my dockers worked fine but next cloud. any suggestion what to do thanks

Share this post


Link to post

The IP address to my unraid changed from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.2 and I can't get into nextcloud anymore. Does anyone know what I have to update so that I can access nextcloud again?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ravenwood said:

The IP address to my unraid changed from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.2 and I can't get into nextcloud anymore. Does anyone know what I have to update so that I can access nextcloud again?

Just change the IPv4 address to static  in network, go to setting --network

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

I didn't change the path is the same: /mnt/user/media/

i double check that media contained all the document i have in nextcoud. I made also sure also that the share file i am using is disk 3 which has all the file in next cloud. all my dockers worked fine but next cloud. any suggestion what to do thanks

Search for the file nextcloud asks about?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.