Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

866 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

This is the expected behaviour.  Since your are reaching an unknown domain, it's not possible to present a valid cert.  Thus, a dummy one is used.
Okay, thanks. Does this mean the redirect will only work on the non-SSL port? I would've figured the cert issue wouldn't have been an issue if it redirected to where I told it to go.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Iceman24 said:
1 hour ago, Djoss said:
This is the expected behaviour.  Since your are reaching an unknown domain, it's not possible to present a valid cert.  Thus, a dummy one is used.

Okay, thanks. Does this mean the redirect will only work on the non-SSL port? I would've figured the cert issue wouldn't have been an issue if it redirected to where I told it to go.

Yes, the way the default page is configured in nginx makes it apply to non-SSL port only.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2020 at 4:15 AM, lewispm said:

Both of the headers I have listed in my advanced tab are NOT set according to https://securityheaders.com

Can you look in the nextcloud nginx config if the following file looks like mine?

I know that there is a ticket in the nextcloud docker image related to this.

 

nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

 

 

 

default

Edited by Karatekid
Code to long

Share this post


Link to post

I did a fresh install and the admin@example.com account doesnt appear to exist in the database.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2020 at 4:49 AM, Karatekid said:

Can you look in the nextcloud nginx config if the following file looks like mine?

I know that there is a ticket in the nextcloud docker image related to this.

 

nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

 

 

 

default 3.5 kB · 1 download

I changed mine to look like yours.  I can't restart nextcloud right now, but I'm sure that will fix me up.  Thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post

All,

 

I have to admit that it didn't take long to get this set up and working for http: sites. Excellent docker that suits me right down to the ground. 

 

Djoss you da man....👍

 

I struggled with this nginx reverse proxy thing for weeks and weeks....tried about 4 different methods and none of them worked.

 

This worked on first try and is working for sonarr, radarr and nzbget and netdata. I am using duckdns and subdomains.

 

I have a problem with Nextcloud though. No matter what I try it doesn't work.

 

I have received  image.png.01ad8035a2c35da4abcab60627a9f8fe.pngimage.png.4cc18b71a332d0f85dc526951489f3af.png  and an interesting message around internal server error: 

 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log.

 

Anyway I suspect it is something I did with the various config files while trying the other methods to get this working....default, config.php etc.

I can't even access it locally!!! Not to mention it is the only https:// site.

Would it be better if I "blew away" my nextcloud docker and re-installed? I'm thinking yes. But do I risk my nextcloud data? Or anything else?

Thoughts?

Has anyone had any luck getting the https:// nextcloud reverse proxy to work? Did you have to change any config files?

 

I would appreciate it if someone could help out or give me a nudge in the right direction.

 

Thanks in Advance 😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, toolmanz said:

All,

 

I have to admit that it didn't take long to get this set up and working for http: sites. Excellent docker that suits me right down to the ground. 

 

Djoss you da man....👍

 

I struggled with this nginx reverse proxy thing for weeks and weeks....tried about 4 different methods and none of them worked.

 

This worked on first try and is working for sonarr, radarr and nzbget and netdata. I am using duckdns and subdomains.

 

I have a problem with Nextcloud though. No matter what I try it doesn't work.

 

I have received  image.png.01ad8035a2c35da4abcab60627a9f8fe.pngimage.png.4cc18b71a332d0f85dc526951489f3af.png  and an interesting message around internal server error: 

 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log.

 

Anyway I suspect it is something I did with the various config files while trying the other methods to get this working....default, config.php etc.

I can't even access it locally!!! Not to mention it is the only https:// site.

Would it be better if I "blew away" my nextcloud docker and re-installed? I'm thinking yes. But do I risk my nextcloud data? Or anything else?

Thoughts?

Has anyone had any luck getting the https:// nextcloud reverse proxy to work? Did you have to change any config files?

 

I would appreciate it if someone could help out or give me a nudge in the right direction.

 

Thanks in Advance 😊

 

So far, my new install works with reverse proxy. I was confused seeing different little ways people were setting it up, but I used this video from SpaceInvaderOne as guide for editing only the config.php file. It worked straight away after that.

Share this post


Link to post

I have set this up successfully for a few of my docker containers, but have a question about functionality. 

 

Currently i can access my ZoneMinder config by going to ******.*****.com but doing so brings me to the Apache page for ZoneMinder. If i manually add "/zm" to the end of it, such as: *****.*****.com/zm it is able to connect to zoneminder as expected. How can i set this up so that nginx appends this for me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: Starting database...
[mysqld] starting...
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] /usr/bin/mysqld (mysqld 10.3.17-MariaDB) starting as process 362 ...
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Uses event mutexes
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.11
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Number of pools: 1
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using SSE2 crc32 instructions
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 128M, instances = 1, chunk size = 128M
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: If the mysqld execution user is authorized, page cleaner thread priority can be changed. See the man page of setpriority().
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [Note] InnoDB: Starting crash recovery from checkpoint LSN=3146952
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Encountered a problem with file './ib_logfile0'
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Disk is full. Try to clean the disk to free space.
2020-01-27 23:37:44 0x1470cc4b0b10 InnoDB: Assertion failure in file /home/buildozer/aports/main/mariadb/src/mariadb-10.3.17/storage/innobase/fil/fil0fil.cc line 4434
InnoDB: Failing assertion: err == DB_SUCCESS
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to https://jira.mariadb.org/
InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be
InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
InnoDB: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/innodb-recovery-modes/
InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
200127 23:37:44 [ERROR] mysqld got signal 6 ;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.

To report this bug, see https://mariadb.com/kb/en/reporting-bugs

We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed,
something is definitely wrong and this may fail.

Server version: 10.3.17-MariaDB
key_buffer_size=134217728
read_buffer_size=131072
max_used_connections=0
max_threads=153
thread_count=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 467422 K bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

Thread pointer: 0x0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Cannot determine thread, fp=0x49000, backtrace may not be correct.
Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, fp=0x49000, stack_bottom=0x1470cc4c0000, thread_stack=299008, aborting backtrace.
The manual page at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
Writing a core file...
Working directory at /config/mysql
Resource Limits:
Fatal signal 11 while backtracing
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: ERROR: Failed to start the database.
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: exited 1.
[services.d] stopping services
[services.d] stopping s6-fdholderd...
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

suddenly stop working after adding a new proxy host at port 8000. 

Log mentioned its DB problem, disk is full. but how do i go about resolving that issue?

 

 

(SOLVED)

EDIT : turns out my appdata that was running on cache was running now on space, and my settings didnt allow for splitting of directory, so it cannot move the files to another cache disk.

simply move the appdata to array, or allow for mover to split directory to cache.

Edited by FranciumF

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys,

I love this Docker.  I have an issue where some of my sites take a long time to load vs others.  For example I have a Ghost Blog going and that can take up to 4 minutes and several reloads for the page to finally load.  While others like Ombi are quick to be served.  Any ideas?

Thanks for this btw... it is amazin!

Share this post


Link to post

Folks,

 

I return with glad tidings - it works!

Because I had messed around with the configuration files so much trying to follow the instructions from a couple of different sources, I just blew away my nextcloud and mariadb dockers and started from scratch. 

It was very painful but I am glad to say it was much easier starting from scratch.

As was said earlier there is just one line to add to the appdata/nextcloud/www/nginx/config/config.php file:

This is what mine looks like under the trusted proxies section (about line 8 of the file):

 

 'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'your local address 192....',
    1 => 'your subdomain on duckdns.org', 
  ),

 

An example of  second line could be:  

 

1 => 'mydomain.duckdns.org',

 

Thats it and it worked!!! Don't forget to restart your dockers after the change is made.

 

All good and thanks for the assist.

 

Now on to bitwarden - but not until I have a beer or 2 - code lube!

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post

Nice interface!

 

Would it be possible to add a listen port configuration?

So I can define my own listening port for like Unifi / Emby / etc.

I now add a host and manually change the config file but I it would be nice if this was included :)

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2020 at 1:51 PM, mihcox said:

I have set this up successfully for a few of my docker containers, but have a question about functionality. 

 

Currently i can access my ZoneMinder config by going to ******.*****.com but doing so brings me to the Apache page for ZoneMinder. If i manually add "/zm" to the end of it, such as: *****.*****.com/zm it is able to connect to zoneminder as expected. How can i set this up so that nginx appends this for me? 

Bumping this, is there any way to force NGINX to add the /zm to a domain name so that it goes through properly without having to manually add it?

Share this post


Link to post

Greetings folks.  I feel dumb that I can't figure this out but here I am.  I've read the documentation and I'm still confused.

 

I'm trying to setup a docker (CSMM-7DTD) docker to go through https.  By default its http.  I feel this is pretty straight forward so I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong.  If anyone could dumb this down for me I'd appreciate it.

 

My walls and desk have a bunch of new head shaped dents.  Thanks for any and all help.

Edited by Spectral Force

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Spectral Force said:
Greetings folks.  I feel dumb that I can't figure this out but here I am.  I've read the documentation and I'm still confused.

 

I'm trying to setup a docker (CSMM-7DTD) docker to go through https.  By default its http.  I feel this is pretty straight forward so I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong.  If anyone could dumb this down for me I'd appreciate it.

 

This shows the NPM allocations 

This shows the CSMM-7DTD allocations: 

 

I'm not sure if I'm filling the correct information in the right spots:

 

My walls and desk have a bunch of new head shaped dents.  Thanks for any and all help.

If that Docker is setup to only run on HTTP, the scheme needs to be HTTP. You can still force SSL in the SSL tab, but the scheme must be whatever the Docker is setup to use. Also, I would recommend blocking out your domain. Nobody needs to know that to help anyways.

 

Edited by jonathanm
Removed quoted info

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2020 at 11:57 AM, GreenEyedMonster said:

Hey guys,

I love this Docker.  I have an issue where some of my sites take a long time to load vs others.  For example I have a Ghost Blog going and that can take up to 4 minutes and several reloads for the page to finally load.  While others like Ombi are quick to be served.  Any ideas?

Thanks for this btw... it is amazin!

Anyone else having this issue??

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Iceman24 said:

If that Docker is setup to only run on HTTP, the scheme needs to be HTTP. You can still force SSL in the SSL tab, but the scheme must be whatever the Docker is setup to use. Also, I would recommend blocking out your domain. Nobody needs to know that to help anyways.

 

Thanks, I will try that and report back.

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the URL to forward to the NoVNC server and skip this page?  This is what I mean:

 

https://imgur.com/fEceIPi

 

I want to bypass clicking the vnc.html and have it go straight to the password prompt.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm having trouble with certificates, visiting my site normally the browser will tell me that the certificate is valid. I've tested with both letsencrypt and with a bought certificate. But when I try to verify it, it will respond with the NPM dummy certificate, and not the proper one. Why is this?

 

Tested with:

echo | openssl s_client -connect subdomain.domain.com:443

curl https://subdomain.domain.com

 

Sometimes curl does not give the error for being a self signed certificate, but openssl still retrieves the dummy one.

Share this post


Link to post

if there a default for the login? ask for email and password but didnt see anywhere in the docker setup to put this info .

 

image.png.6e64e71d25c103db1c71bc2e803fa69e.png

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, Djoss.

Being brutally honest, I have never used any of these things before so when it came to Forward Hostname / IP* I was not exactly sure what it ment.

I read the documentation but did not find it or not enough coffee yet. Could you possibly give a example of what it means.

 

D...

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2020 at 9:05 AM, WEHA said:

Nice interface!

 

Would it be possible to add a listen port configuration?

So I can define my own listening port for like Unifi / Emby / etc.

I now add a host and manually change the config file but I it would be nice if this was included :)

 

Thanks!

When you use the default bridge network type, you can map the ports used by the container to any port on the host.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.