[PLUGIN] Disk Location

Update 2024.02.19

• Commit #274 - ISSUE: As some or all NVMe devices does not output standby mode on SMART info, I have set the drive to be overridden as "ACTIVE" regardless as long as it is a  NVMe device and is detected by SMART and the system at all.

@mikeyosm you can try to update the plugin now and see if it helps.

Edited by FlamongOle
11 hours ago, FlamongOle said:

Update 2024.02.19

• Commit #274 - ISSUE: As some or all NVMe devices does not output standby mode on SMART info, I have set the drive to be overridden as "ACTIVE" regardless as long as it is a  NVMe device and is detected by SMART and the system at all.

@mikeyosm you can try to update the plugin now and see if it helps.

Updated, did a force scan all, refreshed but unfortunately no change 😞

image.png.40146d261836fffc1dae8e38f30de5f6.png

Update 2024.02.21

• Commit #278 - BUG: Commit #274 should be fixed, turned around some variables, but also added the checks as a background tasks instead of loading and checking every refresh. The status of the devices is checked every 5 minutes instead.

This should improve the loading time and performance quite a lot on large systems. The power mode data is stored in memory and is updated every 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Update 2024.02.21

• Commit #278 - BUG: Commit #274 should be fixed, turned around some variables, but also added the checks as a background tasks instead of loading and checking every refresh. The status of the devices is checked every 5 minutes instead.

This should improve the loading time and performance quite a lot on large systems. The power mode data is stored in memory and is updated every 5 minutes.

Fixed my issue - thank you.

image.png.d26e3ec9a3a82f071916deb967576c02.png

Update 2024.02.22

• Commit #282 - FEATURE: Added automatic backup of the database if a newer version is to be installed.
  • Commit #277 - FEATURE: Added Cache size into the table as I googled my way to find it via SMART. Prepared database for benchmarking of drives, but not implemented yet.
  • Commit #276 - FEATURE: Added "Installed" date field and also "Removed", the removed will automatically be populated with a date when it detects the drive is gone (eg. during a force scan all or deleting the drive manually).
Edited by FlamongOle

Update 2024.02.23

• Commit #285 - IMPROVEMENT: Moved the plugin to "Tools" instead of "Settings" as it makes more sense. Renamed "Force Scan All" to "Force Update All" and added "Update Active" button to update active (spinning) devices only. Updated the output format of update buttons and CLI.
  • Commit #284 - BUG: Cache size from commit #277 caused drives to spin up, moved the check to the correct location so it won't spin up devices unless a "Force Update All" has been executed.

If you have already used the "removed date", the dates have been overwritten by the "current date" during a "Force Update All". If all the dates are recent and you want to delete them, run this command to reset the changes. It won't affect anything regardless, just for optics:

sqlite3 /boot/config/plugins/disklocation/disklocation.sqlite -cmd "UPDATE disks SET removed='' WHERE status='r'" ".quit"

Edited by FlamongOle

Both of my servers shows up in Tools -> Disk Utilities. Reboots will "never" be required 

Reboot was because of another thing but it still doesn't show up. No Disk Utilities at all. 

672581535_CleanShot2024-02-23at08_58.03@2x.thumb.png.6e7a08a67a37e84b81e0bceffa1513aa.png

Edited by Sptz87
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Sptz87 said:

Reboot was because of another thing but it still doesn't show up. No Disk Utilities at all. 

I'm seeing what's going on now. I thought "Disk Utilities" was a default Unraid section, but it was created by "Pre-clear" plugin.

You can still access the plugin via "Plugins", then I'll sort something out soon-ish.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Revan335 said:

TSV is correct? Or CSV?Screenshot_20240224-211559_Firefox.thumb.png.63c37cf8d130934579604a3c5d9a3233.png

TSV stands for Tab Separated Value. TSV file is a flat file, which uses the Tab character to delimit data and reports one time-series per line. CSV stands for Comma Separated Value. CSV file is a flat file, which uses the comma (,) character to delimit data and reports one observation per line.

https://wikis.ec.europa.eu/display/EUROSTATHELP/Which+are+the+available+formats#:~:text=TSV stands for Tab Separated,reports one observation per line.

So: yes, it is TSV

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, starbetrayer said:

This is what I get. How do I fix this?

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall ?

seems to be a corruption of the sql database

Might be, renaming or deleting the database will solve the problem and you might be able to restore an old backup if those were created (unless you deleted the entire folder in /boot.

Why it happens, is another story yet to be discovered. 

One way to find out is to send me the database so I can have a look what happened or not, but it contains all the information from the drives, like full serial numbers etc.

4 minutes ago, FlamongOle said:

Might be, renaming or deleting the database will solve the problem and you might be able to restore an old backup if those were created (unless you deleted the entire folder in /boot.

Why it happens, is another story yet to be discovered. 

One way to find out is to send me the database so I can have a look what happened or not, but it contains all the information from the drives, like full serial numbers etc.

I deleted the databses, uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin.

If I see it again, I'll send you the database

Maybe something to do with the last update, but the configuration disappeared from my plugin.

image.png.3f33eb155af0d5b71134ed1a8f0dfcb0.png

Based on this, looks like yesterday at 12:50ish. Strange timing, as I run plugin updates nightly at 23:00, so not sure why that would have happened at that time. But maybe something to be aware of.

Restoring to the 20240303-124703 plugin brought everything back.

Edited by Renegade605

Also, this has been around as long as I can remember, but it doesn't affect anything so I never mentioned it:

Quotes in the Tray ID cause some weirdness.

My trays are labeled '3.5" Bays' and '2.5" bays', but in the dropdown menus on tray allocations they appear as 'Bays 3.5"' and 'Bays 2.5"'

Update 2024.03.06

• Commit #291 - MINOR: Some group names got swapped under selection forms are now fixed.
  • Commit #290 - ISSUE: To prevent database corruption, a forced lock has been implemented during an update. This will also delay page loading if the updater runs in the background. If it will take more than 2 minutes, the lock file will automagically delete itself so it won't prevent Unraid to function normally. It can also be manually deleted under /tmp/disklocation/db.lock if required.
  • Commit #289 - IMPROVEMENT: Made the plugin recognize multiple ZFS pools. Defaulting to Unraid status. Pool names are displayed as "Unraid info" if it exists. Also optimized the code a bit to respond faster.

With the #290 fix, I suggest the users using "hourly" updates to consider using "daily" (or later/rarer) instead as it might interrupt your work too often if you are "using" Unraid GUI frequently.

Is anyone else having issues with the new version causing issues with their dashboard tab?

Just updated the plugin on both my servers and then my Dashboard is totally blank and clicking on that tab sometimes make the GUI hang. Removed the plug in on my second server and it returned to normal operation.

If there's any specific logs you may need to check just let me know (ideally with how to get those logs as it's not something I've done before).

Ta