[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

45 minutes ago, Frefle said:

Same Problem here. Appdata is on cache. I changed ServerName, Description. Also changed Serverpassword to "" but after rebooting the docker PalWorldSettings.ini gets reset to its default

mhm thought

47 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry no, this is not the same problem. ;)

Please read this here:

Sorry and Thanks :) i used a 7dtd Server from you and always changed settings and just restartet the Docker without problems. It worked 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Frefle said:

i used a 7dtd Server from you and always changed settings and just restartet the Docker without problems.

I would always recommend stopping the container in the first place, then change whatever you like and then start it up again.

There a few dedicated server which are the same as Palworld and they actually save the current config again when shutting down the game server <- which is basically done on a restart.

Not all game servers are the same and they all of course are using different Engines.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would always recommend stopping the container in the first place, then change whatever you like and then start it up again.

There a few dedicated server which are the same as Palworld and they actually save the current config again when shutting down the game server <- which is basically done on a restart.

Not all game servers are the same and they all of course are using different Engines.

hi,

the palworld server still need password to join the server, i have changed the ini file, ServerPassword="",i also delete the game-para,and use mover to collect all the files into cache,all thoes things do that after docker was closed, but it still have a password, which i cant join the server, i use a steamcmd docker to run the server file ,i can join it without any problem, what should i do? 

2 minutes ago, giantwiki said:

the palworld server still need password to join the server, i have changed the ini file, ServerPassword="",i also delete the game-para,and use mover to collect all the files into cache,all thoes things do that after docker was closed, but it still have a password

Are you really sure that the files where they should belong and that everything is set up as it should be since I just changed a setting on my server in the ini and it is just working fine and applied the setting that I've changed.

Something is certainly wrong. Did you also stop the container when invoking the mover? You could also try to change the path to /mnt/user/appdata/... but you have to make sure that you just have one copy of the ini file.

12 minutes ago, giantwiki said:

i reinstall the docker and i found that where is this public ip come from?

Your public IP is gathered from ipv4.icanhazip.com on the first start and/or if the Public IP check in the template is enabled.

(The public IP check is in my container since the release from the container since connections from community servers won't work properly if the public IP is not in place)

12 minutes ago, giantwiki said:

and why it have a error now?

Because you've terminated the container or at least you've stopped it, there is nothing I can do about that message, that message is always displayed when you stop or restart the container.

Is something not working or what is the exact issue now?

If the container is not restarting it is usually running and waiting for connections.

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Why do you even want to log in? You don't need credentials.

The Steam credentials are only needed if they are not hidden away under the Show more... settings and marked with the red asterisk.

Please start over, delete the template, delete the directory for palworld and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App without entering credentials.

Thanks for this, i deleted and recreate without steam account and its working fine locally now. However i need some help with troubleshooting the forwarding part.

So i am using bridged mode for easy setting up and testing first. Forwarded 8211 on my router for UDP packets but i cant seem to connect from the outside in. Using local ip and port 8211 works fine sooo..... any suggestion what to do next.. been stuck for nearly 5 hours already..

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, I have really bad news for you... It works just fine over here.

What I did was head over to the CA App, search for Satisfactory and clicked install:

grafik.png.fbc1b4ac5ea3e2bc73228f386d23a2fe.png

After that I had to wait a bit and I was greeted with a running server, attached my log here: satisfactory.log

I really do think that in your case it has something to do with the permissions.

Do you have a lancache or something like that installed? Maybe that's preventing it from downloading.

Sorry but I'm not that familiar with TrueNAS nor did I ever use or ran it.

Something seems to be missing between those two lines since it should download the files in between there (see log from above).

As said I really only can think of a permission issue, I don't know if that helps but try to set a a Variable with the Key: UID and the value from your apps UID and a Variable with the Key: GID with the value from your GID from TrueNAS (I found an article here but not sure if that helps).

Damn that is bad news! I just don't get why I had the same issue on both windows and freenas. I tried setting the UID/GID to three known values (1000, 972, 568) and still had the same permission errors. I had them too with your valheim server but that one runs just fine. Project Zomboid server had no permission issues in the logs and also works, just not sure why Satisfactory is being a pain- but Palworld was doing the same thing so who knows. Pebkac I imagine.

Oh well, thank you so much for trying and looking into that for me! You're a gem of a maintainer.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Your public IP is gathered from ipv4.icanhazip.com on the first start and/or if the Public IP check in the template is enabled.

(The public IP check is in my container since the release from the container since connections from community servers won't work properly if the public IP is not in place)

Because you've terminated the container or at least you've stopped it, there is nothing I can do about that message, that message is always displayed when you stop or restart the container.

Is something not working or what is the exact issue now?

If the container is not restarting it is usually running and waiting for connections.

well, i know whats happening now, i change the default ini files, not in floder linuxServer......... holy s,i waste all my afternoon to find it out...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jeerful said:

Oh well, thank you so much for trying and looking into that for me!

Maybe try Unraid... :)

You know that you can also set up a small box with a Trail license (30-days and 2x 15 days extension period <- so to speak 60 days).

Sorry for being not more helpful here but in my opinion this can only be a permission issue. Something feels very off here...

Have you yet tried to ask in the TrueNAS forums?

May I ask if you have to use volumes or bind mounts on TrueNAS, I've never run a container with a volume, I only use bind mounts.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, giantwiki said:

well, i know whats happening now, i change the default ini files, not in floder linuxServer......... holy s,i waste all my afternoon to find it out...

Oh, that's a bummer, but glad that you've figured it out. :)

8 minutes ago, BryanS said:

So i am using bridged mode for easy setting up and testing first. Forwarded 8211 on my router for UDP packets but i cant seem to connect from the outside in.

Did you test this from outside your LAN or did you try it from inside your LAN. For a few users Hair Pin NAT is not working correctly on their network hardware and they can only connect with their local IP when they are in their LAN.

When using the default bridge (which I btw recommend) you just forward UNRAIDIP:PORT in your router in your LAN and the same port on your WAN but no or all IP addresses on the WAN <- this depends on the manufacturer since no address means for most routers all IP addresses.

But as said most of the times it is just that the Hair Pin NAT is not working correctly. Maybe ask someone if he can connect to your IP address or server from outside your LAN.

Do you have other services available that are reachable from the outside world?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you test this from outside your LAN or did you try it from inside your LAN. For a few users Hair Pin NAT is not working correctly on their network hardware and they can only connect with their local IP when they are in their LAN.

When using the default bridge (which I btw recommend) you just forward UNRAIDIP:PORT in your router in your LAN and the same port on your WAN but no or all IP addresses on the WAN <- this depends on the manufacturer since no address means for most routers all IP addresses.

But as said most of the times it is just that the Hair Pin NAT is not working correctly. Maybe ask someone if he can connect to your IP address or server from outside your LAN.

Do you have other services available that are reachable from the outside world?

Yes i have other service that works fine.. omg i got my friend to join and its working fine.... asus kinda sucks gonna change to pfsense soon then

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Maybe try Unraid... :)

You know that you can also set up a small box with a Trail license (30-days and 2x 15 days extension period <- so to speak 60 days).

Sorry for being not more helpful here but in my opinion this can only be a permission issue. Something feels very off here...

Have you yet tried to ask in the TrueNAS forums?

May I ask if you have to use volumes or bind mounts on TrueNAS, I've never run a container with a volume, I only use bind mounts.

Switching over is tempting but my freenas is old and the thought of having to redo it completely gives me anxiety :P I haven't asked in the truenas forums yet though and that'd probably be a good place to start.

I use hostpaths for all your servers so I can navigate the server files at will (as opposed to them being inside the container only), I think it's the same thing as a "bind mount"?

• Like 1

hi, i need an help to setting up palworld docker server

i can user my docker (from outside home) only with wireguard, but is possibile to setting up palworld server to be accessible without any vpn, so i can access it from everywhere (also my friends)?

thanks 

I've got unraid docker palworld container. Config file updated to remove passwords. Port 8211 forwarded on my router. Network in container is set to bridge. I can access the server in palworld using my local ip. Friends outside network can't access using my public ip. Don't sure what to check or troubleshoot to fix this. Also not sure how I can test their connection without them being on to try. 

1 hour ago, Lordbye said:

i can user my docker (from outside home) only with wireguard, but is possibile to setting up palworld server to be accessible without any vpn, so i can access it from everywhere (also my friends)?

Yes, simply forward the Port 8211 UDP in your router and you should be good to go.

57 minutes ago, TheBelighted said:

Friends outside network can't access using my public ip.

What error do they get?

58 minutes ago, TheBelighted said:

Don't sure what to check or troubleshoot to fix this.

I'm also not with that little information.

Double check your port forwarding if the port is correct and if the protocol matches.

35 minutes ago, Krümelmonstar said:

I'm new to Unraid and want to install Minecraft Spigot. With MinecraftBaseServer this sets that it should. but how do I do that?

Download spigot, put the jar file in the main directory from the container and change this values:

grafik.thumb.png.3d2ddfddd25ba9f0de99aaedeb65ddfa.png

It should be pretty self explanatory when you read the description from the variables.

Of course you have to change the Serverfile name to whatever your spigot file is named to.

2 hours ago, BryanS said:

Yes i have other service that works fine.. omg i got my friend to join and its working fine.... asus kinda sucks gonna change to pfsense soon then

I have the same issue with my network as you. Just a headsup before you go changing anything & spending a bunch of time on it; I use pfSense & I couldn't get hairpin NAT working for my Front server, no matter what I tried. The only way I could connect was by using a VPN on my main PC, as The Front doesn't have a direct connect option. 

10 minutes ago, Kansalis said:

I have the same issue with my network as you. Just a headsup before you go changing anything & spending a bunch of time on it; I use pfSense & I couldn't get hairpin NAT working for my Front server, no matter what I tried. The only way I could connect was by using a VPN on my main PC, as The Front doesn't have a direct connect option. 

Then something is missconfigured in your network.

For pfSense look here. If it's not configured properly then it won't work from your LAN but friends can join usually through your public IP or server list. ;)

22 hours ago, ich777 said:

An what is the error?

These messages tells you that the server is running fine. ;)

I answered almost every single question in terms for Palworld on the last five pages (starting at the very bottom of page 365).

Please read these pages first if you have questions.

Please also note that the server list is completely borked currently and the Epic servers can't keep up with 1.3 Million servers.

Here are instructions on how to set up a non community server and how to direct connect:

Thanks! So, i'm going to remove the game parameters in the docker, that makes it not show up in the list, but people can instantly connect using for instance my subdomain? As i plan to pass through my local ip and port through cloudflare to let buddy's connect. And what should i set "public ip" to? just local IP, then pass that through cloudflare?