[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi ich777. Have been enjoying the rust server. Great job. Only since the last update/wipe thing. (sorry still Rust noob) The Oxide mod isn't working anymore. It can echo what version it is. But the plugin I use isn't found anymore. The plugin itself didn't move so it should be in right location. Is there something you need to update on the docker side of things?

Many thanks.

On 9/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, ich777 said:

This is not much information that you‘ve given here but I assume that you have left the path in the template at the default which is /mnt/cache/… and in the share settings where your SotF direcotry is located is most certainly set that the files are moved from the cache to the Array.

I‘m assuming this because it is not able to find the game files or at least not all.

You either have to set the share where SotF is located to stay on the cache or set the path to /mnt/user/… where I would always recommend that you set the share to stay on the cache.

I left all the location settings default in the template. Never changed anything and just ran it. 
As for share settings im not sure I follow? I never touched them. I installed the docker. It works for a few hours, then crashes and boot loops with those errors I posted before. 

If you need more info let me know and ill try grab it. 

Edited by ToastedPirate
9 hours ago, Black_SwanNL said:

The Oxide mod isn't working anymore. It can echo what version it is. But the plugin I use isn't found anymore. The plugin itself didn't move so it should be in right location. Is there something you need to update on the docker side of things?

I don't think so, maybe the Oxide mod is incompatible now and needs to be updated by the devs.

Have you yet went to the Oxide mod forums and see if it is compatible with the latest release of the game?

6 minutes ago, ToastedPirate said:

Hope this is what you meant. 

This is your issue:

grafik.png.b025f44758fa977616b83fc04ffdcedb.png

Here you can also see that you have date for sonsoftheforest on the Cache and on the disk1:

grafik.png.75ecfaf3739205c4a3fd161617f27ae4.png

You have configured your appdata share to be moved to the Array and in the template the path /mnt/cache/... is specified, that can't work because every time the mover kicks in it will try to move the data from the Cache to the Array.

You have two options, change the path in the template to /mnt/user/... instead of /mnt/cache/... or you can change the appdata share so that it stays on the Cache and is not moved to the Array <- it is recommended that you leave appdata on the cache so that the Array can go to sleep, so I would strongly recommend that you go that route.

For the SteamCMD path this is fine because it uses by default /mnt/user/... and it won't cause problems but for the GameFiles I always recommend to use the real path like /mnt/cache/... since for some games it can cause trouble when you use /mnt/user/...

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is your issue:

grafik.png.b025f44758fa977616b83fc04ffdcedb.png

Here you can also see that you have date for sonsoftheforest on the Cache and on the disk1:

grafik.png.75ecfaf3739205c4a3fd161617f27ae4.png

You have configured your appdata share to be moved to the Array and in the template the path /mnt/cache/... is specified, that can't work because every time the mover kicks in it will try to move the data from the Cache to the Array.

You have two options, change the path in the template to /mnt/user/... instead of /mnt/cache/... or you can change the appdata share so that it stays on the Cache and is not moved to the Array <- it is recommended that you leave appdata on the cache so that the Array can go to sleep, so I would strongly recommend that you go that route.

For the SteamCMD path this is fine because it uses by default /mnt/user/... and it won't cause problems but for the GameFiles I always recommend to use the real path like /mnt/cache/... since for some games it can cause trouble when you use /mnt/user/...

Ah ok Odd that im only having issues now, havent touched those settings since I set unraid up. Ill swap the cache share to cache only. 

Thanks a bunch

Edited by ToastedPirate
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, ToastedPirate said:

Odd that im only having issues now, havent touched those settings since I set unraid up.

This is somewhat related to the path in the template and that I set it by default to /mnt/cache/... but as said that is done on purpose to avoid issues with the game servers itself.

But I hope that explains why it may be crashes and won't work anymore.

ich777,

First of all great work on all your containers!  

UNRAID server 6.12.3

Installed your Docker Icarus dedicated server. Installed and reinstalled multiple times and it keeps restarting and I think it's after the "---Start Server---" line but not positive. I forced verify the image and it re-downloaded it all fine seems like. Container keeps crashing and rebooting and the log window disappears. Only areas I modified are the SteamCMD port (27020 instead of 27015), changing Server name and passwords in the serverconfig.ini file, and pointed the SteamCMD to my Docker share instead of \User share. Tried switched from the br0 to just HOST to remove any networking variables.

I'm no expert in Dockers but as a comparison I setup a Sons of the Forest Docker container and it seemed to fire right up. This container i'm not sure why it keep rebooting and i'm not even positive what the error is that is causing it to reboot. Even tried removing the --restart unless-stopped flag. 

Please give me any feedback as to why it's crashing or areas to look into. 

Some things i've tried so far:

Giving the Icarus directories Everyone permissions

Forced update

Reinstalled the container

Here is the container log:

image.thumb.png.9363fcbffb3eae54f9006d8841a78725.png

My Container Config Screenshots attached

image.thumb.png.87dea007d8d3b1c7fd868272ebf0c39d.png

image.thumb.png.6af1742709bb9d65bfa10240809bd836.png

Container Setup/Deployment:

image.thumb.png.03bf09c329eb1405d335be499341e157.png

Edited by SlyFox
5 hours ago, SlyFox said:

Please give me any feedback as to why it's crashing or areas to look into. 

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this over here with a fresh installed container:
grafik.thumb.png.cb7e40e04ac6d64e5545589867c650a1.png

What CPU are you using?

UNRAID server 6.12.3

I would strongly recommend that you upgrade to 6.12.4 btw...

Giving the Icarus directories Everyone permissions

Please disable Privileged in the template immediately, this is a serious security risk! I really don't understand why everyone is so ruthless with this switch... This is really bad if it's enabled!

Well I upgraded to 6.12.4, deleted the container and removed the folder. Fired it back up and after a long download process it does seem to do something similar and just crashes before the sever progress actually starts up. I wish there was more in the log for me to track it down but i'm not sure what is doing this? 

It doesn't have anything to do with the Steam API warning line does it?

"Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Regarding the Privileged Permissions it's been removed; I was just pulling levers and agreed that Privileged permission would not be on typically but for debugging I was throwing everything at it. 

For CPU, i'm running: 

Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz 24 Core (2 sockets but only 24C sent to this VM)

Running on a VRTX Blade Server (1 of 2) and then VMWare virtualized to UNRAID. Not running any VM's within UNRAID due to the virtualization. No GPU on this server chassis. 

I could also show my VMWare VM settings for UNRAID if anything would help allow more compatibilty?

I have all RAM Reserved for the VM (50GB)

Do you think it has something to do with the compatibilty of the CPU? I've had other (sparatic) Dockers not work properly/install but ~80% work fine. 

7 minutes ago, SlyFox said:

It doesn't have anything to do with the Steam API warning line does it?

"Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

No, because this is a message from SteamCMD and in that stage Icarus is not started yet.

I wish there was more in the log for me to track it down but i'm not sure what is doing this? 

Go to: ...appdata/icarus/Icarus/Saved/Logs if this folder is empty the server won't even start and I assume it segfauls immediately when it tries to start which is a indication that your CPU is missing some kind of feature.

It is the same as I think with V-Rising IIRC (but I'm really not sure if it was V-Rising), this game is only supported on newer CPUs because it needs some feature that CPUs from pre Skylake are missing.

Do you think it has something to do with the compatibilty of the CPU?

It could be, these old CPUs are missing a lot of extensions which are supported by newer CPUs.

VMWare could also a limitation and I really can't tell if it's the issue here, as you can see from my previous post the container and the dedicated server is starting fine.

Hi ich777. I just installed the ArmA3 Docker and only added my steam username, password and server name (in server config file). The docker keeps rebooting every 10 seconds. The docker log file shows everything is connecting and giving no errors. 

Im running Unraid 6.12.4 

I tried reinstalling the docker but same issue persists.

My CPU is Intel® Core™ i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

Here is my latest docker log file. 

arma3 docker logs.txt

Edited by CaptainTrap
1 hour ago, CaptainTrap said:

Hi ich777. I just installed the ArmA3 Docker and only added my steam username, password and server name (in server config file). The docker keeps rebooting every 10 seconds. The docker log file shows everything is connecting and giving no errors. 

Im running Unraid 6.12.4 

I tried reinstalling the docker but same issue persists.

My CPU is Intel® Core™ i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

Here is my latest docker log file. 

arma3 docker logs.txt 70.55 kB · 0 downloads

Adding the docker parameter "FORCE_X86" set to true fixed my issue. Now I just need to get battleeye working for external connections and mods loaded.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CaptainTrap said:

Adding the docker parameter "FORCE_X86" set to true fixed my issue. Now I just need to get battleeye working for external connections and mods loaded.

This should only be necessary on older CPUs.

Battleeye should work OOB without any modification IIRC, it's been a bit of time since I've made this container and I'm not too familiar with mods but it should be pretty straight forward.