[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

16 minutes ago, domrockt said:

works perfectly, thank you very much for that fast adapting and creating :D 

Please report back if you are experiencing any issues, not sure if everything is working as expected, only tried 30 minutes on it.

It is also possible that it needs an update in the future because the depot for Linux (or at least parts of it) are marked for Windows instead of Linux.

There's an error I keep receiving every time I try to boot up my 7DTD server.

2023-10-20T19:40:35 3.717 ERR It does not contain a map_info.xml, so the world likely was never successfully generated!
2023-10-20T19:40:35 3.717 ERR Either delete the folder or change the WorldGenSeed and/or WorldGenSize settings!
2023-10-20T19:40:35 3.717 ERR (Path of the world: /serverdata/serverfiles/User/GeneratedWorlds/South Weoca Valley)

I'll go to that folder on my server, though, and I do see that file. Does anyone know if this is an unraid security issue?

map_info.png

1 hour ago, zautnerc said:

There's an error I keep receiving every time I try to boot up my 7DTD server.

2023-10-20T19:40:35 3.717 ERR It does not contain a map_info.xml, so the world likely was never successfully generated!
2023-10-20T19:40:35 3.717 ERR Either delete the folder or change the WorldGenSeed and/or WorldGenSize settings!
2023-10-20T19:40:35 3.717 ERR (Path of the world: /serverdata/serverfiles/User/GeneratedWorlds/South Weoca Valley)

I'll go to that folder on my server, though, and I do see that file. Does anyone know if this is an unraid security issue?

map_info.png

If I remember correctly you have to move the contents of the "South Weoca Valley" folder to the ../7dtd/saves/South Weoca Valley/<GameName>
where <GameName> is the value you put in the serverconfig.xml file and leave the <GameWorld> value as RWG.

You'll likely have to make those folders.

edit: fixed typo

Edited by xWeegix
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, xWeegix said:

If I remember correctly you have to move the contents of the "South Weoca Valley" folder to the ../7dtd/saves/South Weoca Valley/<GameName>
where <GameName> is the value you put in the serverconfig.xml file and leave the <GameWorld> value as RWG.

You'll likely have to make those folders.

edit: fixed typo

That didn't seem to fix it. I got the same error. And all of the folders already existed.

Here's what I've discovered when it comes to RGW maps.

There are 2 folders with the name of your map. In my case, the name of the map is "South Weoca Valley".

There is a "South Weoca Valley" folder in both:

• 7dtd/user/generatedworlds/south weoca valley
  • 7dtd/saves/south weoca valley

Based on your response, I copied everything from:

• 7dtd\User\GeneratedWorlds\South Weoca Valley

And I pasted it into:

• 7dtd\Saves\South Weoca Valley\Area 51

(Area 51 is the name of my save)

I even tried pasting it into:

• 7dtd\Saves\South Weoca Valley

I am receiving the same error every time.

Thank you for trying though. I do appreciate it.

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please join @Spectral Force's Discord, he helps me out with 7DtD because I'm not familiar with that game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

Thank you @ich777. I've attempted to join that Discord. I don't see an option to apply a reaction, which seems to be required to join the support channels. But I was able to post in the Lobby, so I will see if anyone is able to help me there.

Thank you for all you do! I've used many of your dockers!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zautnerc said:

Thank you @ich777. I've attempted to join that Discord. I don't see an option to apply a reaction, which seems to be required to join the support channels. But I was able to post in the Lobby, so I will see if anyone is able to help me there.

Thank you for all you do! I've used many of your dockers!

I've given you the ubraid & server owner roles.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, MiniMoe said:

Did you ever look into plutonium servers?

Nope. I usually avoid those kind of shooters. 😅

50 minutes ago, MiniMoe said:

would be good to have it in docker form 

I don‘t know what that is nor do I own one of these games, at least I think I don‘t own one of the games.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Nope. I usually avoid those kind of shooters. 😅

I don‘t know what that is nor do I own one of these games, at least I think I don‘t own one of the games.

Fair enough, maybe someone who’s up to the task will come along and set it up. Might give it a shot myself, no idea how to do it though!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, MiniMoe said:

I see you’ve got an lxc container available

Nope, this is just the LXC plugin itself which enables you to run LXC containers on Unraid.

The repository mentions how to install it in a LXC container, granted that it‘s missing that you first have to install git.

However this thing from the git repository should maybe also run in a Docker container but I haven‘t looked into what this repository does.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nope, this is just the LXC plugin itself which enables you to run LXC containers on Unraid.

The repository mentions how to install it in a LXC container, granted that it‘s missing that you first have to install git.

However this thing from the git repository should maybe also run in a Docker container but I haven‘t looked into what this repository does.

I saw it was a plug-in after I posted this, can confirm it works with the instructions on the page with an arch linux host, I might try my hand at making it a docker but I don’t know much about docker other than installing them 😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MiniMoe said:

I might try my hand at making it a docker but I don’t know much about docker other than installing them 😂

Please note that LXC is very similar to Docker, however you can take snapshots or even enable the built in backup function from the plugin, install everything (basically create a container with the application installed but nothing configured <- so to speak a template) create a backup and then you are basically able to create new containers from that backup (or snapshot).

Hope that makes sense.

I currently have an ARK dedicated server up that works  and the small changes to XP damage all that works fine.  But when i try and put in ServerPassword=****** and ServerAdminPassword=*******     and i save and start up the server  itll start up fine  but those two and the RCON Port line always get erased and wont save  im really not sure what im doing wrong at this point.  Should the PW be in a different area?

GameUserSettings.ini

Hi

I tried the "The Front" Docker and I'm to stupid to use it i think. The Server is visible in the list and if i try to connect the button to start the game is not active and I can't see my char or anything. After a view seconds there is a timeout popup. 

I was also not able to find the server config in the appdata folder. There is a thefront folder with files and folders inside but i was not able to find the server config file.

Thanks for your help.

40 minutes ago, RumoMM said:

The Server is visible in the list and if i try to connect the button to start the game is not active and I can't see my char or anything.

Do you have a static IPv4 address? Please try to set this variable to your public IPv4:

grafik.thumb.png.bc86284a731c7acdac7f12401f062441.png

41 minutes ago, RumoMM said:

After a view seconds there is a timeout popup.

This is caused because your client can't connect to the server, where the public IPv4 is needed.

Please go through your full Docker log from the container, where it should display your IPv4 and check if it detects it correctly.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you have a static IPv4 address? Please try to set this variable to your public IPv4:

grafik.thumb.png.bc86284a731c7acdac7f12401f062441.png

This is caused because your client can't connect to the server, where the public IPv4 is needed.

Please go through your full Docker log from the container, where it should display your IPv4 and check if it detects it correctly.

Hi 

I have the same problem, I already put the public IP and it continued to have the same behavior. Upon further inspection, I noticed the following:

image.png.74ce0477011afa00748f9c3cc158a16d.png

Do we need to pass any variable with the bing address?

20 minutes ago, alvaro.sousa said:

I have the same problem, I already put the public IP and it continued to have the same behavior. Upon further inspection, I noticed the following:

This is not the right entry.

I'll push a update to the container shortly because it returns IPv4 and IPv6 which is wrong and it should only return IPv4 if this value is set to auto.

Is your IPv4 reachable from outside? So to speak, have you forwarded all ports which are listed in the template and also with the correct protocol?

Have you yet tried to connect from outside your network? Is your Hair Pin NAT working properly?

I'm just wondering if anyone here has bepinex working with v rising. The server just terminates and boot loops when its enabled. I've just turned it off for the time being as mods aren't really a big deal for me on this game.

update: also now my server doesnt show in server list. ports are forwarded properly too.

Edited by bmayne81

I am using your docker app to host a server instance for "the front". I had the same issue as the guys above. Could join server, but not create a character. After entering in my public IP and just leaving the server up for a few minutes i was able to join it fully and create a character and play on it. the logs show 0.0.0.0. but it does work fine, is visible in the browser and people can connect.

How do we locate the config file for the server? The windows config file has a ton of options and i cannot locate the config file your docker is using.

Thank you!

Edited by pacnwsoundstream