[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


4204 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Kind of tagging onto the back end of MrBeardSmith's post - also having trouble with dontstarvetogether container. I copied my cluster token in, but it gives two errors: one about the Shard Mode failing to start, and a "racknet UDP startup failed: socket_port_already_in_use"

https://pastebin.com/3Eu5CZVZ

I don't know why it would say the port is in use, the only other steam dedicated server I have running is Valheim which doesn't use any of the same.

 

Thanks for any help! :)

Link to post
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Simmer said:

I don't know why it would say the port is in use, the only other steam dedicated server I have running is Valheim which doesn't use any of the same.

Have you already tried if you can connect to the server and see the server?

 

Have tried it now on my own, something changed for the server configuration that's why it can't start, will fix that in the next few days...

Link to post
20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you already tried if you can connect to the server and see the server?

 

Have tried it now on my own, something changed for the server configuration that's why it can't start, will fix that in the next few days...

Ah okay, no problem! Thanks for all your hard work. Yes, tried connecting but no-go as well.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Simmer said:

Ah okay, no problem! Thanks for all your hard work. Yes, tried connecting but no-go as well.

Whats strange that @MrBeardSmith can see the server in game...

That's something I don't understand.

Link to post

I havent been able to connect to the server at all !!!!! that is why I am here trying to figure out why I cant..  

i can play on other servers just fine..    i use the in game server search and i can find my friends and other servers.. ect..   i cant find my server from within the game search feature or in the steam server browser..  I can enter in my servers ip.. nothing.. i can enter in my dynamic dns name.. nothing..   i can enter in my modems ip..  nothing..   I have the ports forwarded just like the other games I host that show up just fine..   

honestly..  I wish I could team viewer with you and have you run through everything so that you can see there is something messed up with this..     you obviously dont believe me that i have not changed any settings..  and you are also telling me that it should work when its not..  

I am getting a network error endlessly..    and its obviously an issue..  cause this game is not showing up anywhere..  yet it seems to be running in the background without network settings set up...

Link to post
1 hour ago, Newtious said:

I havent been able to connect to the server at all !!!!! that is why I am here trying to figure out why I cant..  

Please answer the question, that I've asked above:

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

How did you connect to the server from in game?

Which button do you click what are your exact steps?

 

1 hour ago, Newtious said:

I can enter in my servers ip..

Did you also enter the port 7777 to your IP (eg: "yourUNRAIDIP:7777" and click on refresh on the bottom from the Steam Server Browser)?

 

If you want to connect from ingame click on "Direct Connect" on the bottom and enter yourUNRAIDIP and the port 7777.

 

1 hour ago, Newtious said:

honestly..  I wish I could team viewer with you and have you run through everything so that you can see there is something messed up with this.. 

Sorry usually I don't do such things.

 

1 hour ago, Newtious said:

you obviously dont believe me that i have not changed any settings..  and you are also telling me that it should work when its not..  

Never said that I don't believe you. I only wanted to show you that is working fine in the basic configuration.

 

1 hour ago, Newtious said:

I am getting a network error endlessly..    and its obviously an issue..  cause this game is not showing up anywhere..  yet it seems to be running in the background without network settings set up...

These are warnings/errors from WINE and I can't do anything about it but as said above you can just ignore them, I get the same warnings/errors.

Link to post

when you ask...  how did i connect..    ive never connected..    how do i connect?   to other servers?  in game..  i never need to use the steam server browser..  

yes i try and join with the port number..  

also  what question did you ask that I did not answer?  please ask it again as im not sure what your referring to.

Edited by Newtious
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Newtious said:

please ask it again as im not sure what your referring to.

How did you connect to the server from in game?

 

The exact steps in game.

 

7 minutes ago, Newtious said:

when you ask...  how did i connect..    ive never connected..    how do i connect?   to other servers? 

Sorry, how did you try to connect to your server from in game?

 

7 minutes ago, Newtious said:

i never need to use the steam server browser.. 

You don't have too but I only thought you tried also to connect through it.

Link to post

in game

play online..  pve.. when the games are loading i select all up at the top so it shows all the PV types..  i try typing in docker..  (as its how yours shows up and how it says its named in the info about the docker)  

in the steam server browser..  i punch in my IP address.. my servers ip address..  my routers ip from the modem..  and even try my dynamic ip address name that routs to my modems ip..  none of them show up..


after leaving it run all night it shows up with a game.. but nobody can join it.. not even me..  it crashes every time.. and it always shows 9999 for ping...   ive tried changing settings in the game.ini and the serversettings.ini ( everywhere online says this is how you change settings for server name and pass ect) to see if its a naming issue or something..   no change..     

its strange how it takes 3+ hours to show up though..      ive even ran my mover to try and see if thats what needs to happen to get it to show up ect..  

 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Newtious said:

in game

play online..  pve.. when the games are loading i select all up at the top so it shows all the PV types..  i try typing in docker..  (as its how yours shows up and how it says its named in the info about the docker)  

I don't understand that completely but have you tried to click "Direct Connection" on the bottom and enter the IP from your unRAID server and the Port?

 

10 hours ago, Newtious said:

in the steam server browser..  i punch in my IP address.. my servers ip address..  my routers ip from the modem..  and even try my dynamic ip address name that routs to my modems ip..  none of them show up..

First I would start to make it work internally like I've said above.

 

10 hours ago, Newtious said:

after leaving it run all night it shows up with a game.. but nobody can join it.. not even me..  it crashes every time.. and it always shows 9999 for ping...   ive tried changing settings in the game.ini and the serversettings.ini ( everywhere online says this is how you change settings for server name and pass ect) to see if its a naming issue or something..   no change..     

its strange how it takes 3+ hours to show up though..      ive even ran my mover to try and see if thats what needs to happen to get it to show up ect..  

Sorry I can't help you here since I have done everything that I could to troubleshoot it but I really can't see why it doesn't work on your unRAID box.

 

Evenutally someone else can help here.

Link to post

thanks for taking the time to try and work through this with me..  

whenever i try and connect it will show the load bar hit the end and then fail to connect..   once it popped up with an authentication issue..  but ive never got it to replicate the issue..

I am setting up another unraid box to test it on..   

Link to post
On 7/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, ich777 said:

Whats strange that @MrBeardSmith can see the server in game...

That's something I don't understand.

So I am getting another error now, shown as

[00:00:19]: CURL ERROR: (lobby-us.kleientertainment.com) Could not resolve host: lobby-us.kleientertainment.com
[00:00:19]: Failed to send server broadcast message

It seems in the first line, Klein is missing the last "N" character in that url. Should be lobby-us.kleinentertainment.com instead.

 

Not sure if that will totally solve/help but definitely at least one small problem :) I could do a commit but I don't see it in git

Link to post
2 hours ago, Simmer said:

It seems in the first line, Klein is missing the last "N" character in that url. Should be lobby-us.kleinentertainment.com instead.

Why should it be "klein" (from the german word klein?)?

The game studio is Klei and not Klein:

https://www.klei.com/

Link to post
22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Why should it be "klein" (from the german word klein?)?

The game studio is Klei and not Klein:

https://www.klei.com/

I'm a moron lol. but I know it wasn't resolving the server name, and I couldn't ping it either.

Edited by Simmer
Link to post
1 minute ago, Simmer said:

I'm a moron lol. but I know it wasn't resolving the server name, and I couldn't ping it either.

Have you got any blockingsoftware installed in your network like PiHole or AdGuard that can cause this issue?

Link to post
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you got any blockingsoftware installed in your network like PiHole or AdGuard that can cause this issue?

I do run pihole but I checked and the query is being forwarded to my upstream, so not blocking. ping shows 100% loss.

Link to post
41 minutes ago, Simmer said:

I do run pihole but I checked and the query is being forwarded to my upstream, so not blocking. ping shows 100% loss.

What domain you are trying to ping? Please keep in mind that you can actually block ICMP (Ping) requests, and many sites out there are doing this...

Link to post
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

What domain you are trying to ping? Please keep in mind that you can actually block ICMP (Ping) requests, and many sites out there are doing this...

Just the one in the log it said it couldn't resolve - just wanted to be sure it was my entire network and not specifically my server. (lobby-us.kleientertainment.com)

 

It still seems to get hung up on registering the server. Either way, I can't see the server online or in LAN with zero filters in-game.

Link to post

I am trying to use the Ark Server. I can get the server to work when using "bridge" as the network type but cant access the sever outside of the local network like that even with port forwarding (PFSense). 

 

Most of my other dockers are enabled through br0 and given a custom IP address then I forward ports to that address and works  fine. When I try to start the Ark server on br0 it will not launch, establish the IP address I tell it, or become accessible. Any idea why this is, why can't I launch the Ark Docker on br0?

Link to post
2 hours ago, Wolfhunter1043 said:

Ark server on br0 it will not launch

What's the exact error message?

 

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter1043 said:

Any idea why this is, why can't I launch the Ark Docker on br0?

Can't think of anything why it shouldn't start in br0 mode, are you sure that the IP address that you've assigned is free and not already in use by something else?

 

On what unRAID version are you?

Link to post

Any Idea how to Fix this with Screenshot-basic i cant fine any help for a unraid server.
 

�[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] �[0m�[0mRunning build tasks on resource screenshot-basic - it'll restart once completed.
�[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] �[0m�[0m�[93mCouldn't start resource screenshot-basic.�[0m
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0mEntry module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'ts-loader' in '/serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic'
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0mresolve 'ts-loader' in '/serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic'
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m Parsed request is a module
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m using description file: /serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic/package.json (relative path: .)
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m resolve as module
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/serverfiles/resources/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/serverfiles/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m�[91mError: webpack got an error�[0m

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

Any Idea how to Fix this with Screenshot-basic i cant fine any help for a unraid server.

What container are we talking about? RedM or FiveM? Is this an additional mod that you've installed or does it ship with the binaries?

Link to post

Hey Ich, sorry to bother I know you're busy. Just following up on my issue with the don't starve container. Here's an updated log for you that I just pasted: https://pastebin.com/mbeUiGBY

 

The notable errors seem to be as follows:
Unknown bind__() error -1.
Unknown bind__() error -1.
[00:00:16]: [Error] Shard mode failed to start!
[00:00:16]: Unhandled exception during shard mode startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE (5)

 

I don't see the "can't resolve" issue anymore, so I think that was just a freak occurrence, but kind of back to square one. Can't see the server in the master list, looks like it's getting hung up trying to register the server.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
On 7/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, MrBeardSmith said:

 

I see it in the logs, which you said was kind of expected. I mean I still see two servers on the server list. I put a screenshot of the in-game server list.

2 hours ago, Simmer said:

Hey Ich, sorry to bother I know you're busy.

DontStarveTogether is now fixed and working as expected to the exact steps please to keep it going:

 

  1. Stop the container
  2. Go to your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 and backup your "cluster_token" to your local computer
  3. Go one folder back and delete the directory "Cluster_1"
  4. Force an update from the container on your Docker page within unRAID
  5. Start the container
  6. After it has fully started move the backed up token from Step 2 in your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 again
  7. Restart the container
  8. Enjoy

 

Of course the simpler method is to just delete the container entirely and the directory that is created on your server for DontStarveTogether, redownload it from the CA App, place the token again in the right directory and restart the container.

Link to post
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

DontStarveTogether is now fixed and working as expected to the exact steps please to keep it going:

 

  1. Stop the container
  2. Go to your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 and backup your "cluster_token" to your local computer
  3. Go one folder back and delete the directory "Cluster_1"
  4. Force an update from the container on your Docker page within unRAID
  5. Start the container
  6. After it has fully started move the backed up token from Step 2 in your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 again
  7. Restart the container
  8. Enjoy

 

Of course the simpler method is to just delete the container entirely and the directory that is created on your server for DontStarveTogether, redownload it from the CA App, place the token again in the right directory and restart the container.

I went ahead and wiped it all, only keeping the token key, including removing the appdata folder manually etc. It did download the new images.

Still not getting anything to come up, though the errors noted above are gone (nice!) - it stops at "registering master server in US lobby" in the logs and doesn't go further. *should* it go further than this, or is this normal behavior? New paste here: https://pastebin.com/zens97U8

Edited by Simmer
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.