[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This container is not designed to run a second container in it especially for security reasons. I always recommend to copy links from the container to your local browser.

However it is possible to run Firefox/Chromium inside that container but I wouldn‘t recommend it…

Maybe something like my Debian Bookworm container is something what you are looking for but there Thunderbird isnmt installed bit you can do that through apt or the tar itself.

I'm not aiming to install a docker within a docker but the browser itself.

That way I can use the open with browser function.

I get the security but it's a docker with daily backups, in the super rare event it dies I restore it.

Any install directions because no amount of apt install with many browsers has worked.

14 minutes ago, ados said:

I'm not aiming to install a docker within a docker but the browser itself.

I think you didn‘t understand or I explained it poorly.

You can use the Debian Bookwrom container as a replacement for Thunderbird.

15 minutes ago, ados said:

That way I can use the open with browser function.

I get the security but it's a docker with daily backups, in the super rare event it dies I restore it.

Sorry, but this container is not meant to be used in combination with a browser, however, just do a apt-get update and apt-get -y install firefox-esr from the container console and that‘s it.

You even can create a user script and mount it to the container to install/check if its installed every time the container starts.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Simply create a variable with the key FIREWALL in the template.

That will ensure that traffic is only allowed when the VPN connection is established.

Before I even go that far, I decided to test if it will recover outage. Rebooted my network router (not Unraid server) and when gateway/internet traffic was restored, OpenVPN-client did not recover with these messages in the log for over an hour (had to restart the container eventually).  I could not ping 8.8.8.8 in this condition from the contained console, ping successful in normal conditions. It is a standard install with default --dns 8.8.8.8. Is this a good place to troubleshoot/request help?

2023-10-15 21:14:21 SIGUSR1[soft,Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol] received, process restarting
2023-10-15 21:19:21 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit
2023-10-15 21:19:21 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
2023-10-15 21:19:31 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: nl-01.jumptoserver.com:4443 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2023-10-15 21:19:41 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: nl-01.jumptoserver.com:4443 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2023-10-15 21:19:41 Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol
2023-10-15 21:19:41 SIGUSR1[soft,Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol] received, process restarting
2023-10-15 21:24:41 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit
2023-10-15 21:24:41 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
2023-10-15 21:24:51 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: nl-01.jumptoserver.com:4443 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2023-10-15 21:25:01 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: nl-01.jumptoserver.com:4443 (Temporary failure in name resolution)
2023-10-15 21:25:01 Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol
2023-10-15 21:25:01 SIGUSR1[soft,Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol] received, process restarting

Edited by OrdinaryButt
4 minutes ago, OrdinaryButt said:

OpenVPN-client did not recover

This is expected, you have to manually restart the container and that involves also that you reboot all your containers which are using the containers network.

I would recommend that you set up a user script that restarts your OpenVPN container once a day (and all connected containers) with something like that:

#!/bin/bash
# Restart the VPN
docker container restart OpenVPN-Client

# Wait for the VPN to become online
sleep 10

# Restart all containers which using the OpenVPN-Client network
docker container restart CONTAINER1 CONTAINER2 CONTAINER3

• Like 1

Thanks. I ended up fixing the gluetun VPN as that does it automatically.

Another question - anyway to change web port on your Chromium or Ungoogled-Chromium containers (or is that a question for someone else)? Not seeing it in the documentation. Note, not changing the port map but the actual web port of the application (e.g. instead of 8080, to something else).  From what I understand, if I have another container with same port (also no way to change that I can find), I can't run both thru the same VPN container network as there will be port map conflict. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OrdinaryButt said:

From what I understand, if I have another container with same port (also no way to change that I can find), I can't run both thru the same VPN container network as there will be port map conflict. 

that is correct ;)

1 hour ago, OrdinaryButt said:

Another question - anyway to change web port on your Chromium or Ungoogled-Chromium containers (or is that a question for someone else)? Not seeing it in the documentation.

search in this topic for NOVNC_PORT and you will find what you looking for, so yes ... you can do so ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, alturismo said:

that is correct ;)

search in this topic for NOVNC_PORT and you will find what you looking for, so yes ... you can do so ;)

Thanks. I did search for "PORT" and similar but that yielded way too many results. Got it changed.

I am eager to ask why is it labeled NOVNC_PORT (and default No VNC WEB UI) when clearly VNC is in use, but I am not going to. Got enough info today 😎

Edited by OrdinaryButt
5 hours ago, OrdinaryButt said:

but I am not going to

I'll explain it anyways... xD

The reason why it's labeled NOVNC_PORT is because you are interacting with noVNC, this is a VNC web client and it's name is simply noVNC. To take that a bit further noVNC connects to the RFB Port (Remote Frame Buffer Port) from the VNC server which is running inside the container itself and since you want to change the port number from the noVNC web interface.
However if you run two of my containers with a noVNC webinterface  through such a VPN container you would also have to change the RFB_PORT since you would have a port conflict for the VNC server itself.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, bluesky509 said:

Switched over to this container... Not sure if anyone else has gotten the certificate error but for some reason I had to use the following via console. Also anytime I make a change to docker settings:

Please don't use NZBGet anymore, the developer has deprecated it AFAIK.

Please use something like NZBGet-ng or SABnzbd.

Completely forgot to remove it from the CA App. Sorry.

Forget about that, something is not working and it should be deprecated but somehow it still shows up in the CA App.

The Tor Browser container seems to be out of date. The `TheTorProject/gettorbrowser` project to grab 'alternative' downloads for it seems to be deprecated/broken so it's missed the last few versions of Tor Browser, including 13.0.

Use `https://aus1.torproject.org/torbrowser/update_3/release/downloads.json` to get the latest version then download from `https://dist.torproject.org/torbrowser/`

1 hour ago, OverlordQ said:

The Tor Browser container seems to be out of date.

I will look into that, please give me a few days.

I've updated the container, please force a update from the container itself and on start after the update it will pull the newer version.

Next time a update from Tor Browser is released please update it through the integrated updater, it will no longer check for updates on start.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'll explain it anyways... xD

The reason why it's labeled NOVNC_PORT is because you are interacting with noVNC, this is a VNC web client and it's name is simply noVNC. To take that a bit further noVNC connects to the RFB Port (Remote Frame Buffer Port) from the VNC server which is running inside the container itself and since you want to change the port number from the noVNC web interface.
However if you run two of my containers with a noVNC webinterface  through such a VPN container you would also have to change the RFB_PORT since you would have a port conflict for the VNC server itself.

I don't think you got my point, I see now that it nothing to do with you containers either.

The guy that came up with that name "noVNC - a VNC Clinet..." has no clue how much confusion his chosen name will cause. Could have labeled it hVNC, htmlVNC, h5VNC...anything but noVNC.

Edited by OrdinaryButt
3 minutes ago, OrdinaryButt said:

I don't think you got my point, I see now that it nothing to do with you containers either.

Sure thing I got it, but noVNC is really widespread...

I know, not everyone can know everything but please see this comment on their GitHub issue tracker (this is by the way from the creator): Click

Hi, I'm having some issues with logging into the PhotoPrism portal, I have tried changing everything on the setup to root just to make sure I'm not making any errors but still not able to log in. Does anyone have any info on what the default login is at all or any information on what I might be doing wrong?

41 minutes ago, Mxoio said:

Hi, I'm having some issues with logging into the PhotoPrism portal, I have tried changing everything on the setup to root just to make sure I'm not making any errors but still not able to log in. Does anyone have any info on what the default login is at all or any information on what I might be doing wrong?

Please see here: Click

It always depends on how you configured it.

You can't just change the password via the variable BTW, you have to specifically issue:

docker exec -ti PhotoPrism photoprism passwd [username]

Source: https://docs.photoprism.app/getting-started/docker/

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please see here: Click

It always depends on how you configured it.

You can't just change the password via the variable BTW, you have to specifically issue:

docker exec -ti PhotoPrism photoprism passwd [username]

Source: https://docs.photoprism.app/getting-started/docker/

Hi there,

Ive managed to get the GUI working when it's on public, however, ive tried both the default username and password setup by photo prism, root and changing the template to the same values. Ive also tried resetting it through the terminal however it doesn't recognise the root or admin user. Ive also tried adding a verbal of a user however still am not having any luck, ive linked what the template was set up when I first attempted to log in to the GUI. Any other suggestion would be much appreciated as it seems there is a user on there but not under admin.

For the time being, I'll use it as public however for security would prefer the ability to log in through the GUI.

Many thanks 
Mikey 

13 minutes ago, Mxoio said:

ive tried both the default username and password setup by photo prism, root and changing the template to the same values. Ive also tried resetting it through the terminal however it doesn't recognise the root or admin user. Ive also tried adding a verbal of a user however still am not having any luck,

Please report that on the PhotoPrism issue tracker on GitHub over here: Click

The admin/root password should work however OOB even if you change it, but I can't help further since I've only created the template for PhotoPrism and I'm not the maintainer from the container itself, please use the GitHub issue tracker for that or their Community Chat over here.

34 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please report that on the PhotoPrism issue tracker on GitHub over here: Click

The admin/root password should work however OOB even if you change it, but I can't help further since I've only created the template for PhotoPrism and I'm not the maintainer from the container itself, please use the GitHub issue tracker for that or their Community Chat over here.

Cheers, appreciate your help 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, draeh said:

I see that the luckybackup docker image was updated 6 hours ago. Is there a change log posted somewhere?

This was just a maintenance update to bring the underlying base packages to the latest version (all my containers received this update today where nothing changed in terms how the container is working).

• Thanks 2