[Support] selfhosters.net's Template Repository

Hi there,

I'm a newbie in the docker sphere and currently trying to set up the Overleaf container using your very helpful template. While doing that, I ran into a couple of problems that I can't seem to find an answer to:

1. How do I finish the set-up/installation of TexLive like it is described in the official git of the Overleaf Container: https://github.com/overleaf/toolkit/blob/master/doc/ce-upgrading-texlive.md? I was able to install the upgrade, but I don't know how to save these changes like they described it on the above git-page: image.png.54939fe2290fd2b10ad2df370c2a9a93.png
  2. Is there a way to point the TexLive files to a different directory? When I install it in the docker image, it consumes roughly 8 GB of space and I kinda want to avoid that and put the data in a different directory. For the "regular" Overleaf data, I was able to add a (seemingly) working path in the container template like this: image.png.c015f6f07a7b3466dbc83ddf38127733.pngBut I can't figure out a way to do the same for the TexLive directory. I tried the following path, but it always completely breaks the compile feature of Overleaf:image.png.000189d857361a484f709fc0e553b5d7.png

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks for your awesome work already!

For the Huginn template, can we get access to use our own .env file instead of entering all 30+ variables in Unraid?

I tried mapping to /app/.env, but it won't start and I can't get logs for it.

Thank you for all your work on these apps/templates!

KOMGA question:
I've been running the container for years without issue. I use the Crunchy app on iOS and download books via OPDS. I'm using a custom domain and NPM reverse proxy setup with a CF tunnel. This has been fine, but now I'm trying to download a single, large book ~2.9 GB. The download fails every time with a Crunchy error "Network Connection Lost". It seems that the container is hitting some limit filling up the Docker disk image file. unRaid notifies that the disk image utilization is high around 20% of the download, then the DL fails before 50%, and the image utilization returns to normal. My docker config for the image file is 35 GB, with ~28 GB contained. The warning notification fires if it goes above 70%. Is there anything I can adjust?

• 2 weeks later...

Since yesterday I'm trying to install the Backblaze Personal Backup docker, however it ends with an error after signing in with a Backblaze account (trial). Already tried different versions, but no difference.

Log: [app         ] wine: failed to open "/config/wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Backblaze/bzbui.exe": c0000135

After pressing 'Ok' it just stops.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Screenshot 2024-06-07 135113.png

On 6/7/2024 at 1:58 PM, picaroon said:

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

New version released today which solved the described issue. However I gave up and give Duplicati a try since Backblaze doesn't recognize the mapped docker folder to be processed for the backup.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having trouble getting the "unifi-poller" (unpoller) docker container in standard bridge mode to work.
I disabled influDB and wanted to only use prometheus (setting 0.0.0.0:port in docker-config und corresponding IP:PORT in the prometheus Config was right straight from the beginning of my research). 
unifi-controller IP:PORT and credentials were also right but I got an "connection refused"-error in prometheus.
The prometheus-listener configuration was right but the docker container had no port mapping out of the box.

So I finally found out an additional port mapping "TCP host-port 9130 --> container-port 9130" would help. 

I installed various prometheus exporter today but none of which I had to manually map the port

;)

On 5/10/2024 at 12:15 PM, trauby3620 said:

Hi there,

I'm a newbie in the docker sphere and currently trying to set up the Overleaf container using your very helpful template. While doing that, I ran into a couple of problems that I can't seem to find an answer to:

1. How do I finish the set-up/installation of TexLive like it is described in the official git of the Overleaf Container: https://github.com/overleaf/toolkit/blob/master/doc/ce-upgrading-texlive.md? I was able to install the upgrade, but I don't know how to save these changes like they described it on the above git-page:
  2. Is there a way to point the TexLive files to a different directory? When I install it in the docker image, it consumes roughly 8 GB of space and I kinda want to avoid that and put the data in a different directory. For the "regular" Overleaf data, I was able to add a (seemingly) working path in the container template like this: But I can't figure out a way to do the same for the TexLive directory. I tried the following path, but it always completely breaks the compile feature of Overleaf:

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks for your awesome work already!

I have been trying to solve the issue on my own and figured out a way to fix it. Not saying it is the easiest or prettiest, but it seems to work (for now). So if anyone is having trouble, here are all the steps to set up a working Overleaf container in Unraid:

1. From the apps-tab in Unraid:
    1.1  Install “Redis” (The default options should work fine)

1.2 Install “MongoDB” (You can also use the default options, but don't forget to set Host Path 1 to your desired appdata location)Screenshot2024-06-18205228.thumb.png.d9009d18f419a8c39954dcd9db6ec767.png

1.3 You probably need to add a database in MongoDB. Please refer to another guide for detailed instructions.

2. Load the “Overleaf”-template from the apps-tab. Here, some modifications are needed before you can finish the install:
    2.1  All variables need to be edited to start with OVERLEAF_ instead of SHARELATEX_
    The result should look a little something like this:
    Screenshot2024-06-18205648.thumb.png.eeb8dc803755da8e797ae4b7ab88afc2.png

2.2 Optionally, you can add any of the options listed on the official overleaf git-page as variables: https://github.com/overleaf/overleaf/wiki/Configuring-Overleaf (e.g. I added the variables needed for Overleaf to be able to send emails)

2.3 You must add the following path (by clicking on the little blue plus at the bottom of the template), to install texlive in a location that is outside your dockerfile. If you don't do that, 8 GB of data is being installed in your dockerfile, which is not recommended.
    Screenshot2024-06-18211442.png.83ae58014564047ddc3e2291d15a2468.png

Also add the following where we can save some commands later, that otherwise you would need to type manually after every restart of your server:
    Screenshot2024-06-18211503.png.bc02c1a0dbac8673f871724fc74e5cc4.png

Note: You might want to adjust the Host Path to point to your desired location on your array. The entry in “Name” can be whatever you like.

2.4 Also optional, but recommended: free up even more space in your Dockerfile by adding the following path, which tells Overleaf to store the uploaded user data in the directory specified:
    Screenshot2024-06-18211330.png.b626dca6b06b9ed494782e5d2ef9ef66.png

2.5 Once all of these steps are complete: Apply the changes and finish installing the container. In the docker tab, you should now see the three containers we just installed.

3. Create a file named “set_path.sh”  and add the following contents to the file using nano or a text-editor of your choice (I use Notepad++):
    export PATH="/usr/local/texlive/2024/bin/x86_64-linux:$PATH"
    chmod +x /mnt/user/appdata/overleaf/set_path.sh

Hint: You might need to adjust the year in the first line.

Save the file in the location set by the variable “PATH location” from step 2.3.

4. Open the Overleaf WebUI and finish the set-up of Overleaf by creating an admin account like described in the wiki: https://github.com/overleaf/toolkit/blob/master/doc/quick-start-guide.md (replace “localhost” with the IP-adress of your docker installation or the domain you use for it)

Once you finished the setup, everything seems to be working fine. But as soon as you try to compile a document with packages that are not shipped with the standard overleaf-container, you will see a critical error along with messages that certain packages were not found.

5. To fix this, we need to install the full texlive-installation, by opening the Overleaf-console and running the following commands:

5.1  Download texlive by typing the following command:

wget https://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/update-tlmgr-latest.sh

5.2 Install all texlive packages (This might take a long time, since over 4,000 packages are being installed):

tlmgr install scheme-full

5.3 Once the installation is finished, run the following command (most packages might work without it, but I had problems with biblatex):

tlmgr path add

6. Test if everything works:

6.1  Go to your Overleaf-site and refresh the page (log in again if necessary)

6.2 Create/Upload a latex-project which uses different packages like biblatex or microtype

6.3 If the compile works without any critical error, you are done!

Hope this helps, and you can install and use Overleaf without any problems. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the procedure, feel free to reply and let me (and the others) know.

• Like 1
On 4/18/2024 at 12:04 AM, TedStriker said:

[Backblaze_Personal_Backup] Well, in addition to the slow upload speeds I and (mostly) other Unraid users that run the BPB docker have been having and trying to mitigate for at least the past 2-3 months, now I'm having a new issue since yesterday afternoon: the BB UI just keeps showing that everything is up-to-date and, when I hit the 'Backup Now' button, it scans and finds no changes, even though I know there have been file changes in my source folder/'drive'. While BB was uploading for me the past couple of weeks at, max, about 20 Mbps (per Glances; BB's numbers under Settings->Performance are about 0.62-0.63 Mbits/sec max) with numbers of threads maxed at 100, it was at least uploading something; it's not even doing that now and it's not even showing an obvious error or anything.

I really don't want to get conspiratorial, but this, along with the speed issues that primarily appear to be affecting Unraid users using the backblaze-personal-wine-container docker since about January-February or so, really makes one of Ian Fleming's more-famous quotes pop into my head ("Once is coincidence. Twice is happenstance. Three times is enemy action."). Hey, it may very well be ongoing bugs with the BB application and/or the docker and hopefully it'll be fixed, but I kind of wonder if BB has finally "fixed the glitch" on what has to be some of their heaviest users.

Edit: Leaning more toward "bug" at this point, because it finally started uploading again... *sigh*

Is it possible you're able to provide the old installation binaries if you have it? I've been stuck on trying to make this container work for the greater part of 2 days, with trying everything from the manual docker command, disabling autoupdate, reinstalling Backblaze, etc. It seems to always get stuck on analyzing drive, and the only thing I haven't tried is an old version.

Edit FIXED: This should have been a lightbulb moment way sooner I'm embarrassed to admit. The issue started when I converted my array to ZFS.  The docker container will not work when pointed at a ZFS dataset. I had to point it at a subfolder within the dataset, i.e. /mnt/ZFSVOLUME/ZFSDATASET/Folder/.

This works ok for my use case as I replicate the volume to another single drive for local backup. Just had to add multiple drives in the docker to point at the top level folders within the zfs backups. 

I still want to keep digging into this so I can simplify the target. However even using winecfg to manually set the mounted drive as a local drive the BB application still refuses to back it up. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I noticed over the weekend that my Backblaze_Personal_Backup container has not backed anything up for a few weeks. Same symptoms as others d: dropped and showing as z:. Tried restoring the container from backup, reinstalling, installing older versions. d: is mapped just not backing up. No matter if I mount by /mnt/user or /mnt/pool. Privileged and root permissions still nothing. Does anyone have a fix?

With the container now forcing BB client updates I feel like the "issue" is BB getting wise to this container's existence.

EDIT/UPDATE: looking directly at ls -la /config/wine/dosdevices/ from the unraid terminal, not the dockers terminal, i noticed the symlink for d: was broken. Created a backup_volume folder in config/wine fixed the broken symlink but the container still does not find any files to backup. Navigating the d: within wine I can access the files and modify them. I really am stumped if anyone has an idea. 

Edit: sharing docker run and SS:

docker run
  -d
  --name='Backblaze_Personal_Backup'
  --net='eth0'
  --ip='192.168.0.6'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="Europe/Paris"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Seri-Serv"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="Backblaze_Personal_Backup"
  -e 'TCP_PORT_5800'='5800'
  -e 'TCP_PORT_5900'='5900'
  -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0'
  -e 'TZ'='Etc/UTC'
  -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='900'
  -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='700'
  -e 'VNC_PASSWORD'=''
  -e 'FORCE_LATEST_UPDATE'='true'
  -e 'USER_ID'='0'
  -e 'GROUP_ID'='0'
  -e 'CLEAN_TMP_DIR'='1'
  -e 'DISABLE_AUTOUPDATE'='false'
  -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'=''
  -e 'ENABLE_CJK_FONT'=''
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:5800]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/selfhosters/unRAID-CA-templates/master/templates/img/backblaze.png'
  -v '/mnt/pool/':'/backup_volume/':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/docker/appdata/Backblaze_Personal_Backup':'/config':'rw'
  --init 'tessypowder/backblaze-personal-wine'

731504560a2e8699e3bbc539b48862df4360316f3ea0896b20915231acec0b94

The command finished successfully!

D Drive Selected No Found Files.png

BB broken symlink.png

Edited by Seriphim
Adding docker run and screenshots of problem

With the most recent docker container update, I can't even access the Backblaze Personal VNC Web Interface anymore.

Tried a forced update, but same result.

EDIT/UPDATE: Deleted the container, image and reinstalled, and it appears to be working now...

Edited by mdoherty66
specified Backblaze
On 6/24/2024 at 12:08 AM, megablademaster12 said:

Is it possible you're able to provide the old installation binaries if you have it? I've been stuck on trying to make this container work for the greater part of 2 days, with trying everything from the manual docker command, disabling autoupdate, reinstalling Backblaze, etc. It seems to always get stuck on analyzing drive, and the only thing I haven't tried is an old version.

Analysing drive can take a long time if your array is large, it would take 6+ hours to do my 60TB or so of data. You can check 

/mnt/user/appdata/Backblaze_Personal_Backup/wine/drive_c/ProgramData/Backblaze/bzdata/bzfilelists there should be a {randomstring}filelist.dat that you can tail that will show you how far its got, just don't edit any file in that folder. My dat file would jump up by 20mb increments every once in a while and it seemed to slow down a lot when it was trying to process a folder with loads of tiny files, my tdarr database is over 1.2 million files and would take about 3 hours to analyse just that folder.

Are there any instructions for installing InvoiceNinja on Unraid anywhere? I can't get the app working...

I set up a database in MariaDB. Triple-checked my server, DB user, DB password, etc...But InvoiceNinja still crashes whenever I start it.

Here's what the container log says:

database/schema/mysql-schema.sql .............................. 47.05ms FAIL

In Process.php line 269:

The command "mysql  --user="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_USER}" --password="${:LARAVEL_L  
  OAD_PASSWORD}" --host="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_HOST}" --port="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_PORT}  
  " --database="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_DATABASE}" < "${:LARAVEL_LOAD_PATH}"" failed.  

Exit Code: 1(General error)                                                  

Working directory: /var/www/app                                              

Output:                                                                      
  ================                                                             

Error Output:                                                                
  ================                                                             
  ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown server host '192.168.1.100:XXXX' (-2)

Posted (edited)

I realize that...don't know why I did. 🙃

MariaDB is on bridge. InvoiceNinja is on my reverse proxy network.

UPDATE: I put them both on my reverse proxy network and it still had the same problem.

Edited by danbru1989

I have ad guard exporter up and running, it starts just fine but I can't get it to work in Prometheus. The link is always down in Prometheus. I added the target to the yaml. I have other exporters up and they work with zero issues so not sure what the problem is.

Ad guard runs on a stand alone device with a static IP. I'm able to ping ad guard from unraid. The ad guaurd exporter is running. It's added to the Prometheus yaml. The one thing I can't confirm is that I was told it might not work if there are special characters in the pass word, is this still a fact or is this a question better suited on the ad guard support page? Any insight anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated

Desperately need some help. I can start the container, and after logging in, its just a white screen. When I refresh, theres the little spinning circle for half a second, but it just stays white. I've tried clearing cookies, I've tried redoing the container, nothing. I've checked the logs, and nothing seems amiss. I could really REALLY use some help! PLEASE!

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, dbeaudoin1 said:

Desperately need some help. I can start the container, and after logging in, its just a white screen. When I refresh, theres the little spinning circle for half a second, but it just stays white. I've tried clearing cookies, I've tried redoing the container, nothing. I've checked the logs, and nothing seems amiss. I could really REALLY use some help! PLEASE!

We're supposed to guess what container you're talking about?

6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

We're supposed to guess what container you're talking about?

Great point. Sorry about that. I clicked on my docker and clicked support. I thought it may have brought me to a specific forum. We are working with Invoice Ninja V5 Specifically Self hosted. It appears to be working at first as it brings me to the log in screen. but after logging in the screen is just blank - White. nothing onscreen at all. 

Any thoughts?

Thank you!