[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

On 11/18/2022 at 11:56 PM, u.stu said:

Unraid is slackware, so let's use a slackware package.

# Download libffi from slackware.uk to /boot/extra:
wget -P /boot/extra/ https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/slackware64/l/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz

# Install the package:
installpkg /boot/extra/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz

Once you have the package placed into /boot/extra it will be re-installed as needed each time you boot.

I don't know if Nerd Tools will remove/replace outdated packages that have been manually downloaded, so leave yourself a reminder to check on this after libffi is added to nerd tools to make sure you're not hanging on to an outdated version.

This fixed it for me!

Hello! Total n00b here (this is actually my very first post), thanks for this awesome plugin - so nice to have tmux for those long operations... :)

So everything appears to run fine, however when I try to run MC from within tmux I get:

Unknown terminal: tmux-256color
Check the TERM environment variable.
Also make sure that the terminal is defined in the terminfo database.
Alternatively, set the TERMCAP environment variable to the desired
termcap entry.

Really not sure if I should be posting here or in some other place, so feel free to shoo me away.

I can see a few solutions for this issue online (setting the variables etc), but I don't know where conf files are stored here...

Any help?

Thanks - and, apologies if I'm off-topic.

Hi, I've upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.11.5, and now iotop won't run, getting this error:

iotop

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/iotop", line 17, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 620, in main
    main_loop()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 610, in <lambda>
    main_loop = lambda: run_iotop(options)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 508, in run_iotop
    return curses.wrapper(run_iotop_window, options)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/curses/wrapper.py", line 22, in wrapper
    stdscr = curses.initscr()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/curses/__init__.py", line 33, in initscr
    fd=_sys.__stdout__.fileno())
_curses.error: setupterm: could not find terminal

Any idea what's wrong with my setup?

EDIT: (Solution)

Reinstall libiff and add "kernel.task_delayacct=1" to /etc/sysctl.conf.

Edited by shpitz461
solution

Request to add CCZE

It is possible to add ccze to the nerdtools ?

I am using that a lot on fedora and debian based systems and it would be nice if we could have that in the nerdtools as well.. Reason is that I cannot differ warning, crits and info and such from just plain white text scrolling down my terminal - I'm dyslectic and with this font and density, I just see a mash up of chars. I helps a bit that the syslog window from the web-terminal has colors for diff sections of unraid.

Hi... I read in this thread that nerdTools is built into the new version... but it dose not seem to have tmux? Is there any path information I need to use to run commands or something? I have unintalled the old nerdtools plugin after updating the os ... but now can not seem to run tmux after ssh into the server

edit : Also I can not seem to get MC to save options like colours and last opened directories anymore?

Edited by questionbot
1 hour ago, questionbot said:

Hi... I read in this thread that nerdTools is built into the new version

NerdTools is not built into Uraid 6.11.x.  Some of the tools that were previously in the NerdPack (which has been replaced by NerdTools) such as perl and iperf3 are now built into Unraid but not all of them.

You still need to install NerdTools as a plugin and you will find tmux there.

Edited by Hoopster
On 2/8/2023 at 2:29 PM, Krakout said:

Hello! Total n00b here (this is actually my very first post), thanks for this awesome plugin - so nice to have tmux for those long operations... :)

So everything appears to run fine, however when I try to run MC from within tmux I get:

termcap entry.

Really not sure if I should be posting here or in some other place, so feel free to shoo me away.

I can see a few solutions for this issue online (setting the variables etc), but I don't know where conf files are stored here...

Any help?

Thanks - and, apologies if I'm off-topic.

Any ideas about my tmux issue? 

Anyone know how to make midnight commander remember settings? I mainly use tmux so I can run MC lol (and do some longer form copy operations).... but if there is a way to make MC remember the UI colour settings and last path of each pannle, I would love ot know!

37 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

NerdTools is not built into Uraid 6.11.x.  Some of the tools that were previously in the NerdPack (which has been replaced by NerdTools) such as perl and iperf3 are now built into Unraid but not all of them.

You still need to install NerdTools as a plugin and you will find tmux there.

oh.. right...

Strange the plugin was showing in my unraid as not compatible.. so I just uninstalled it. i could have sworn I went to the appstore and searched for it and the install also said it was depreciated.... strange. I did that again and it installed fine.. so no idea who I was screwing up.. but it seems it was all on me.

: EDIT :

Um.. still having issues....

I installed the nerdtools again via the app store.. clicked the plugin, searched tmux and clicked the "on" thing to enable it... now when I load a session and type "mc" I get this error.

termcap entry.

Clipboard-1.jpg

Edited by questionbot
59 minutes ago, questionbot said:

Anyone know how to make midnight commander remember settings? I mainly use tmux so I can run MC lol (and do some longer form copy operations).... but if there is a way to make MC remember the UI colour settings and last path of each pannle, I would love ot know!

This is not a tmux issue, I am facing the same problem myself... I could really use the bookmarks facility, but no soap.

But, how did you run it under tmux? You didn't get the error I described above? 

mc not running in tmux was not an issue until I updated to the new version of unraid and the new nerdTools.

Before then I just ran MC with no issues. So I would open a tmux new - s mc and just have it always on... and jump into the tmux session... so any way I left MC would stick.

Edited by questionbot
On 2/15/2023 at 8:53 PM, questionbot said:

mc not running in tmux was not an issue until I updated to the new version of unraid and the new nerdTools.

Before then I just ran MC with no issues. So I would open a tmux new - s mc and just have it always on... and jump into the tmux session... so any way I left MC would stick.

I recently upgraded and switched and had exactly the same issue.
kinda annoying that the so called not supported nerd tools has a working version and the replacement has a borked version

if you still have the old nerdtools installed you can install a version that still works

Edited by TRaSH
On 2/17/2023 at 10:33 AM, DarphBobo said:

There's a difference between adding a feature and maintaining...  The key is what will happen with the plugin once 6.12.0 drops into Release Candidate and finally Stable.  At that point you'll have the answer...

Including packages like iotop and borgbackup without their requisite library dependency libffi-3.3 is a bug.

Fixing that bug is maintenance, not adding a new feature.

cksfv possible to be added?

wget https://slackware.uk/slackonly/14.2-x86_64/misc/cksfv/cksfv-1.3.14-x86_64-1_slonly.txz

upgradepkg --install-new cksfv-1.3.14-x86_64-1_slonly.txz

Currently I've added it to /boot/packages (i dont see the required /boot/extra folder anymore or should I create it?)

On 2/18/2023 at 11:27 PM, TRaSH said:

I recently upgraded and switched and had exactly the same issue.
kinda annoying that the so called not supported nerd tools has a working version and the replacement has a borked version

if you still have the old nerdtools installed you can install a version that still works

so just reinstall it?

On 2/15/2023 at 4:53 PM, questionbot said:

I use mc in tmux and I don't have anything extra installed, only what is available in nerdtools, what errors do you get?

9 hours ago, jsavargas said:

I use mc in tmux and I don't have anything extra installed, only what is available in nerdtools, what errors do you get?

I get this error

Unknown terminal: tmux-256color Check the TERM environment variable. Also make sure that the terminal is defined in the terminfo database. Alternatively, set the TERMCAP environment variable to the desired termcap entry.

Edited by questionbot