Soon™️ 6.12 Series

starbetrayer

On 2/15/2023 at 5:50 PM, JorgeB said:

There are some known issues running a docker image (btrfs or xfs) on top of a zfs filesystem, AFAIK this is a zfs problem, not Unraid, solution for now is to create the image on a non zfs drive/pool or use the folder option.

Concerning this troubleshoot, you can run the docker image within a ZVOL on a ZFS volume. It authorizes to create a XFS, BTRFS or any Filesystem "partition", inside ZFS. Notice the quotes because it's not at partition at all.

My own server uses this to fully run with ZFS and not dedicate a full drive or partition to the docker files.

Edited by gyto6
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, gyto6 said:

Concerning this troubleshoot, you can run the docker image within a ZVOL on a ZFS volume. It authorizes to create a XFS, BTRFS or any Filesystem partition inside ZFS.

Since beta16 you can also run a docker image on a zfs dataset, turns out it wasn't a zfs issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, glockmane said:

Is it possible to upgrade 6.11.5 to beta and in the future upgrade to RC?

As a non-conventional channel delivery, Don't expect beta releases to guarantee any upgrade to RC.

This is an internal Limetech testing process.

Final beta that shall be packaged as RC then is meant and coded to be smoothly upgradeable from official previous releases.

That's the purposes from beta.

I have a new server set up to test the zfs stuff, I 100% wont be doing testing on my main server 😂 then if I can get raidz working as expected then I’ll encrypt to test that stability and let it bake a bit after final release and copy my data over. I felt like ZFS official support deserved a server upgrade and it’s a good time to do it since I’ll need to reformat anyways for zfs. 

14 hours ago, Jclendineng said:

What sort of ZFS data recovery/protection features can we expect from the GUI, I know ZFS has self healing but if a drive fails and needs replaced in a raidz configuration, will the GUI support basic hdd replacement and monitoring? What about zfs errors. Will those be exposed in syslog?

I've been lobbying LT for a long time for better pool monitoring, maybe something can be added for v6.12, though not necessarily for the first releases, in the meantime you can add a simple user script to be notified of any issues, it was originally just for btrfs but I've now also added a script to monitor zfs pools.

• Thanks 3