Serviio Media Server V1.4 Plugin for unRAID V5.0

I am trying to installed servio and get this:

root@Tower:~# installplg /boot/plugins/serviio-1.2.1-1jr-cache.plg

installing plugin: serviio-1.2.1-1jr-cache

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/plugins/serviio-1.2.1-1jr-cache.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error

root@Tower:~# Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/plugins/serviio-1.2.1-1jr-cache.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

root@Tower:~#  xml parse error

-bash: xml: command not found

Please advise...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Plugin for Serviio V1.3.1

The best way to install this plugin if upgrading from an older version is to replace the old plg file with the new one and reboot the unraid server. The plugin can not perform the upgrade while serviio is running. Until such time as I can write some checks and shutdown code into the plugin, just overwrite the old and restart. This will upgrade the existing installation before unraid mounts the array and starts the plugins.

UPDATE: Plugin for Serviio V1.3.1

The best way to install this plugin if upgrading from an older version is to replace the old plg file with the new one and reboot the unraid server. The plugin can not perform the upgrade while serviio is running. Until such time as I can write some checks and shutdown code into the plugin, just overwrite the old and restart. This will upgrade the existing installation before unraid mounts the array and starts the plugins.

Don't think the link URL has been updated for the cache version, opens 1.2.1-1

• 2 weeks later...

i m going to upgrade serviio from 1.2.1flash to 1.3.1 cache. Is it safe to just replace the plg file and reboot? when do i need to change the installdir?

By changing to the cache version, from the flash version, you will either need to delete the config files in the /boot/config/plugins/serviio directory and restart the server to let it get reinstalled fresh, or copy the /boot/config/plugins/serviio to /mnt/cache/.apps/serviio and restart the server to continue using your existing configuration.

why serviio installdir is hardcoded like /mnt/cache/.apps/serviio in the plugin? is this really necessery?

As you know .apps like folder style is not recommended in v5. They recommend cache only shares. And i also use a cache only share but i cant install serviio to that folder. :( i can edit the plg file but i dont like to edit plg files to get updates properly.

I was told about Serviio when I was talking about Plex to someone (that doesn't like plex) I just got on UnRAID 5 from version 4.7 and was looking at all the new features it had. This was one main one I wanted to get into, MEDIA SERVER.

Is serviio easy to install, are you recommended to have a cache drive ? Is there a step by step process to installing this properly ?

I see it has not yet been added to Unraid Addons, is it because it is still being developed ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im with Bombz, I am new to plugins. This is the first one I am trying to instal. I was also looking for a step by step not just for this plugins but for more in the future. I have already installed an new directory on my flash drive. when I click the link on the first page for the cache version all I get is a bunch of code? I tried to right click on my mac and do a save linked file as then saved it to the plugins folder no luck. Sorry but I am not savvy on these things. I tried to do a search but tons of info but related to the simple basic step. Many thanks. Im using ver 5.04 if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

It seems I can not start serviio.

Running unRaid 5.0.5

/etc/rc.d/rc.serviio start

>>> /etc/rc.d/rc.serviio: line 86: /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-1.4/bin/serv

iio-wrapper.sh: No such file or directory

Any idea?

I'm having exactly the same problem - any chance of someone supplying the required file whilst we wait for an update to the package?

Ian

Here you go

Under: /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-1.4/bin

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2.3K 2013-08-21 08:24 serviio-wrapper.sh*

#!/bin/sh
### ======================================================================
##
##  Serviio WebUI start Script.
##
### ======================================================================
DIRNAME=`dirname $0`
PROGNAME=`basename $0`

# OS specific support (must be 'true' or 'false').
cygwin=false; darwin=false; linux=false;
case "`uname`" in
    CYGWIN*) cygwin=true ;;
    Darwin*) darwin=true ;;
    Linux)   linux=true ;;
esac

# For Cygwin, ensure paths are in UNIX format before anything is touched
if $cygwin ; then
    [ -n "$SERVIIO_HOME" ] &&
        SERVIIO_HOME=`cygpath --unix "$SERVIIO_HOME"`
    [ -n "$JAVA_HOME" ] &&
        JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --unix "$JAVA_HOME"`
fi

# Setup SERVIIO_HOME
if [ "x$SERVIIO_HOME" = "x" ]; then
    # get the full path (without any relative bits)
    SERVIIO_HOME=`cd $DIRNAME/..; pwd`
fi
export SERVIIO_HOME

# Setup the JVM
if [ "x$JAVA" = "x" ]; then
    if [ "x$JAVA_HOME" != "x" ]; then
     JAVA="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java"
    else
     JAVA="java"
    fi
fi

# Setup the classpath
SERVIIO_CLASSPATH="$SERVIIO_HOME/config"
LIB=${SERVIIO_HOME}/plugins
for jar in `ls -1 ${LIB}/*.jar`; do SERVIIO_CLASSPATH="${SERVIIO_CLASSPATH}{jar}"; done
LIB=${SERVIIO_HOME}/lib
for jar in `ls -1 ${LIB}/*.jar`; do SERVIIO_CLASSPATH="${SERVIIO_CLASSPATH}{jar}"; done

# For Cygwin, switch paths to Windows format before running java
if $cygwin; then
    SERVIIO_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$SERVIIO_HOME"`
    JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
    SERVIIO_CLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$SERVIIO_CLASSPATH"`
fi

# Find best max heap size (from Patters' http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2012/01/25/serviio-syno-package/)
JAVA_MAX_HEAP=384M
RAM=$(grep "MemTotal" /proc/meminfo | awk '{print $2}')
if [ $RAM -le 131072 ]; then
    JAVA_MAX_HEAP=80M
elif [ $RAM -le 262144 ]; then
    JAVA_MAX_HEAP=192M
fi

# Execute the JVM in the foreground
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dserviio.home=$SERVIIO_HOME -Dderby.system.home=$SERVIIO_HOME/library"
JVM_OPTS="-Xms20M -Xmx${JAVA_MAX_HEAP} -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=20"
"$JAVA" $JVM_OPTS $JAVA_OPTS -classpath "$SERVIIO_CLASSPATH" org.serviio.restui.ServiioWrapper "$@"