Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

Yeah I answered that question via pm. It was my mistake thinking nzbgeek was a built in provider, I remembered seeing it but since I don't use then I didn't think I had added it. Guess I did at one point in time.

The cache share is by default named cache so most users probably were affected when that hidelist was added but no one noticed. Would it be too difficult to allow mount points with those names be visible but other directories hidden?

well 'cache' is a folder used by many apps (we even have our own cache folder) and generally if people try to use these folders they run into all sorts of permission/security issues.. also some apps clear cache folders.. so its really just a safeguard.

anyways, with regards to sickbeard and the browser/autocomplete. the folders are only hidden... you can still just manually type the path in to get to it. so i'd personally say just change the share name / manually type path out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A problem with couchpotato: the library manage setting has disappeared and the library doesn't update anymore.

In the forums I found this:

had to install libiff to get this to work again ...

wonder if ruudburger added this dependency or removed the package from the older version ....

anyway got it to work again ... DB updating as we type

Can you do something influencer?

Thank you

I have an odd issue with SickBeard.  I'm not sure if it's unraid, SickBeard or plugin related.

I think, either the last SB update or an upgrade to unraid 5, I have lost the ability for SB to see my cache drive.  When I want to manually process some files, SB can't see the cache drive.  I can see user and the disk# on the list.

I've exported the cache as public under SMB and NfS but no luck.

Any ideas anyone ?

whats the name of your cache share?

if its one of these.. you just need to rename it:

hideList = ["boot", "bootmgr", "cache", "msocache", "recovery", "$recycle.bin", "recycler", "system volume information", "temporary internet files"] # windows specific
    hideList += [".fseventd", ".spotlight", ".trashes", ".vol", "cachedmessages", "caches", "trash"] # osx specific

and for sabnzbd, I used the same list:

_JUNKFOLDERS = (
        'boot', 'bootmgr', 'cache', 'msocache', 'recovery', '$recycle.bin', 'recycler',
        'system volume information', 'temporary internet files', # windows specific
        '.fseventd', '.spotlight', '.trashes', '.vol', 'cachedmessages', 'caches', 'trash' # osx specific
        )

Yeah, as influencer said its cache, same name I reckon 99% of the people here have heir cache drive named.

Any chance for the hidden directories to be selected in the settings, or even a separate XML file where we list what we want visible ?

I have an odd issue with SickBeard.  I'm not sure if it's unraid, SickBeard or plugin related.

I think, either the last SB update or an upgrade to unraid 5, I have lost the ability for SB to see my cache drive.  When I want to manually process some files, SB can't see the cache drive.  I can see user and the disk# on the list.

I've exported the cache as public under SMB and NfS but no luck.

Any ideas anyone ?

whats the name of your cache share?

if its one of these.. you just need to rename it:

hideList = ["boot", "bootmgr", "cache", "msocache", "recovery", "$recycle.bin", "recycler", "system volume information", "temporary internet files"] # windows specific
    hideList += [".fseventd", ".spotlight", ".trashes", ".vol", "cachedmessages", "caches", "trash"] # osx specific

and for sabnzbd, I used the same list:

_JUNKFOLDERS = (
        'boot', 'bootmgr', 'cache', 'msocache', 'recovery', '$recycle.bin', 'recycler',
        'system volume information', 'temporary internet files', # windows specific
        '.fseventd', '.spotlight', '.trashes', '.vol', 'cachedmessages', 'caches', 'trash' # osx specific
        )

Yeah, as influencer said its cache, same name I reckon 99% of the people here have heir cache drive named.

Any chance for the hidden directories to be selected in the settings, or even a separate XML file where we list what we want visible ?

talked to Influencer about this on irc:

<Influencer> Wasn't aware of that. Actually having second thoughts about the issue, I opened it before letting it stew for a while, although it does hide an entire drive, the way unraid works it would still be in another share that would be accessible from /mnt/user/

<Influencer> yeah, well I think under normal operation no one manual processes anything so it doesn't come up. I know I haven't noticed until now and only then because it was brought up on the forum

<Influencer> I think what does it is the fact that most people, and probably because of my suggestion, set sickbeard's data directory to /mnt/cache/apps/ so every time sickbeard references it's location it does so by /mnt/cache/ even though it would work fine using /mnt/user/apps/. Same for sabnzbd and couchpotato

right now you can just manually type the path in, we only 'hide' it from being selected.. not restrict it from being used.

Zoggy and myself have spoken at length about the hidden cache drive and decided it would be in the best interest of all sickbeard users to not change the current functionality.

See http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21260.msg270230#msg270230 for explanation as to why.

Read that.  Not happy.  I'm store files on the cache because I don't want to spin up drives fir downloads.  Also, most of the manual processing I do are for torrent files that are not available as NZBs so I ding want to be seeding torrents from my array.

Can you tell me where and which file I can edit to make the cache drive visible ? Alternatively is there a chance in the future to have the ignored drives as a configuration setting ?

You won't be spinning up drives for downloads, if the share is cache only, which I suspect it is by you going to it from /mnt/cache, you can still access it from /mnt/user. If Sickbeard is processing to another share, it still wouldn't spin up another disk unless you don't have that share set to use the cache drive, in which case it will spin up the disk regardless of how you access the file.

/mnt/user is really nothing more than a symbolic link to the files, whether they are on the cache drive or an array drive.

I have a share named apps that is cache only, I can access it via /mnt/cache/apps or /mnt/user/apps, both would only spin up cache if it was spun down, neither would unnecessarily spin up an array drive or access an array disk.

That being said, you can modify the list in the file named browsing, it is located in /your/install/dir/sickbeard/. If you do so delete the pyc file of the same name before running Sickbeard again.

You won't be spinning up drives for downloads, if the share is cache only, which I suspect it is by you going to it from /mnt/cache, you can still access it from /mnt/user. If Sickbeard is processing to another share, it still wouldn't spin up another disk unless you don't have that share set to use the cache drive, in which case it will spin up the disk regardless of how you access the file.

/mnt/user is really nothing more than a symbolic link to the files, whether they are on the cache drive or an array drive.

I have a share named apps that is cache only, I can access it via /mnt/cache/apps or /mnt/user/apps, both would only spin up cache if it was spun down, neither would unnecessarily spin up an array drive or access an array disk.

That being said, you can modify the list in the file named browsing, it is located in /your/install/dir/sickbeard/. If you do so delete the pyc file of the same name before running Sickbeard again.

I'm struggling to understand what you mean.  How are the files available under /mnt/user ?

My cache drive is cache only in mine.  It's my app drive, an sdd that just keeps my SB, sab, cp, trans and MySQL living on it.  There is no mover script running on it.

The idea is to no longer create hidden folders, but rather 'Cache-only' shares. Then you can link to them from your plg settings as /mnt/user/<services>.

From the 5.0beta8 update log:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13866.0

a) New feature called "cache-only" shares along with a re-written mover script.  The idea with a cache-only share is that the entire share exists only on the cache drive and is never moved to the array.  When a new share is created, and you have a cache disk, you are able to select 'only' for the "Use cache disk" setting.  In this case the top-level share name directory will only be created on the cache disk.  To support this, the 'mover' script is a bit different: it will never move top-level directories on the cache disk which don't also exist on the array.  Note to plug-in developers: if you have created a custom 'mover' script, please examine what is happening with the mover script of 5.0-beta8, since your custom script could now interfere with proper operation of the 'cache-only' share feature.

The idea is to no longer create hidden folders, but rather 'Cache-only' shares. Then you can link to them from your plg settings as /mnt/user/<services>.

a) New feature called "cache-only" shares along with a re-written mover script.  The idea with a cache-only share is that the entire share exists only on the cache drive and is never moved to the array.  When a new share is created, and you have a cache disk, you are able to select 'only' for the "Use cache disk" setting.  In this case the top-level share name directory will only be created on the cache disk.  To support this, the 'mover' script is a bit different: it will never move top-level directories on the cache disk which don't also exist on the array.  Note to plug-in developers: if you have created a custom 'mover' script, please examine what is happening with the mover script of 5.0-beta8, since your custom script could now interfere with proper operation of the 'cache-only' share feature.

My cache shares aren't hidden as I don't use the mover script.  I'm still lost and can't find anywhere in the settings to make a chance share visible under /mnt/user

I'll just hack at the file to remove cache from the hidden entries.

My cache shares aren't hidden as I don't use the mover script.  I'm still lost and can't find anywhere in the settings to make a chance share visible under /mnt/user

just be mindful that changing source could prevent updates from applying successfully as you would have unversioned changes/things not committed.

the issue at hand is pretty minor as this is only affecting the path browser / autocomplete... why we were mentioning you can just access our data via their shares name rather than through the cache. but anyways if you really need to access something on the cache within sab/sb you can just manually type the path in / or just change your cache share name

Is the headphones plugin due for an update?

I currently have Version 2.5.1 and it tells me that an update is available to version. 18c4b871581f98e3c058c62e84d1ebe25db30403

However, when I update it never actually updates and tells me that the update is available.

Thanks

just be mindful that changing source could prevent updates from applying successfully as you would have unversioned changes/things not committed.

the issue at hand is pretty minor as this is only affecting the path browser / autocomplete... why we were mentioning you can just access our data via their shares name rather than through the cache. but anyways if you really need to access something on the cache within sab/sb you can just manually type the path in / or just change your cache share name

To type it in manually a bit of a pain as it's quite a few levels deep and if I hit browser tee a few levels the I get back to the root.

I don't think unraid allows me to change the name "cache"

To type it in manually a bit of a pain as it's quite a few levels deep and if I hit browser tee a few levels the I get back to the root.

maybe a better question to ask you is.. what are you storing on your cache thats perm? the cache should be a temp holding place.. you should just be using your SHARES to access the content... not the cache itself. I'm not understanding why you need to browse your cache all the time within sickbeard.. as i can only assume your doing it within the manual post-process a folder / setting a config setting that uses it. we store the last pp folder.. thus you shouldnt have to be typing things in/browsing for it over and over.. nor should you (if you have things setup correctly)

maybe a better question to ask you is.. what are you storing on your cache thats perm? the cache should be a temp holding place.. you should just be using your SHARES to access the content... not the cache itself. I'm not understanding why you need to browse your cache all the time within sickbeard.. as i can only assume your doing it within the manual post-process a folder / setting a config setting that uses it. we store the last pp folder.. thus you shouldnt have to be typing things in/browsing for it over and over.. nor should you (if you have things setup correctly)

My first post in this issue mentioned it was all about manual post processing.  I use my unraid cache drive as my app drive. It's a drive outside of the array which allows me to extend the use of unraid without affecting drive spin down.

The last pp being stored only seems to last until a reboot of a server.  Reboot the server and you are unable to browse to where the files are that you want to post process.

I understand the reasons why you have chosen to do it.  Fine. I will work around it.  But accept the fact that is does have its downside to some users, especially those on unraid where the "cache" drive is the most common app drive where downloads also end up before processing.  If there was a way to rename "cache" I would, but I don't think there isn't.

Ideally having a setting in Config to choose which directors/folders should be hidden might be the best of both worlds.

For those interested in quality downloads over quantity, i've adapted the common.py code so it will now search for proper 720p/1080p web-dl's etc over x264 etc. Also added 720p/1080p web-rips, and 1080i transport streams. The latest sickbeard added some of these allready, but imho my version is better and more suited for high quality :)

(sickbeard f6d5fa0c6ef9010a6c0bbbfc10ffca846f640981)

sickbeard_common.png.181b0de5e05f43931d974bed1ec59cc5.png

common.zip

My first post in this issue mentioned it was all about manual post processing.  I use my unraid cache drive as my app drive. It's a drive outside of the array which allows me to extend the use of unraid without affecting drive spin down.

The last pp being stored only seems to last until a reboot of a server.  Reboot the server and you are unable to browse to where the files are that you want to post process.

I understand the reasons why you have chosen to do it.  Fine. I will work around it.  But accept the fact that is does have its downside to some users, especially those on unraid where the "cache" drive is the most common app drive where downloads also end up before processing.  If there was a way to rename "cache" I would, but I don't think there isn't.

Ideally having a setting in Config to choose which directors/folders should be hidden might be the best of both worlds.

the code has been in sb for about a year now.. and so far this is the first ive heard of anyone not liking it. why im just trying to figure out why its impacting you so much.

so if your always pp the same folder, why not just setup the 'scan and process' folder and those folders (recursively) will get pp every 10 mins.

and if your using sabnzbd or nzbget, you could just use a pp script that kicks off the sb post process routine when it needs to be done.

I have a CP question - In the middle of the page there is a section that says "You Might Like These..." and it shows some movies.  Well actually, it shows the same exact movies, even after I click on the X to remove and do not recommend again.  Each time I remove these and reopen the webpage, they are back and what really stinks is it won't recommend anything new, just the same 6 movies - which I do not want.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?