Dockerization of some popular applications.

Did anyone get the plexWatch docker to work with "Require authentication on local networks" set to ON in the Plex server settings?

I entered my plex username and password in the config.pl file, but when I bring up the plexWatch gui I get a "Failed to access Plex Media Server. Please check your settings." error message.

The plexWatch debug.log file doesn't contain any errors.

Did anyone get the plexWatch docker to work with "Require authentication on local networks" set to ON in the Plex server settings?

I entered my plex username and password in the config.pl file, but when I bring up the plexWatch gui I get a "Failed to access Plex Media Server. Please check your settings." error message.

I wasn't able to get the plex username and password to work either.  But try changing the "network type" from "bridge" to "host", that solved it for me.  Here is some background:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.msg316848#msg316848

I wasn't able to get the plex username and password to work either.  But try changing the "network type" from "bridge" to "host", that solved it for me.  Here is some background:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.msg316848#msg316848

During my initial install of plexWatch, I couldn't get it to work at all until I changed it from "bridge" to "host".  After making that change, plexWatch works fine if I don't require authentication on local networks in the Plex server settings.  But I still can't get it to work with authentication turned on.  Can you confirm that you have it working with authentication turned on?

I am constantly fighting with sabnzbd's permissions on my download folder. I run "newperms" over and over as I need to manually move things around for manual reprocessing and other corrective measures. Today I was in too deep a directory, quickly typed "cd /" (should have typed "cd /mnu/cache/dl", and then ran "newperms .". WOW! It brought my system to its knees in seconds. Couldn't log on. And in a session I had open couldn't run anything without getting a permissions error. It has been a long time since I hit the big red switch!

No harm was done (except to my pride). But needo - would you consider relaxing or giving the user control of the permissions/ownership of the download folders? If there is a way and I am just missing it, please steer me in the right direction.

THANKS!

No harm was done (except to my pride). But needo - would you consider relaxing or giving the user control of the permissions/ownership of the download folders? If there is a way and I am just missing it, please steer me in the right direction.

I am not following the issue you are having, could you please provide more detail?

I am not following the issue you are having, could you please provide more detail?

Whenever I tried to move files around in the sabnzbd download folder using the network share (\\tower\cache) from my Windows box I would get a permissions issue. Running the "newperms" script on the DL folder fixed the problem, but each new DL was a problem.

I am constantly fighting with sabnzbd's permissions on my download folder.

In SABnzbd, you can tell it what permissions to set on the downloads.  go to config > Folders, then amend "Permissions for completed downloads"

I set it to 777, and don't have these issues any longer.

When I ran sabnzbd in my Xen VM, I didn't have this issue, so I just assumed it had something to do with the docker config.

But I do see the setting (which was blank), and I set it to 777. Will see if this fixes it (not DL anything at the moment).

Thanks!!

During my initial install of plexWatch, I couldn't get it to work at all until I changed it from "bridge" to "host".  After making that change, plexWatch works fine if I don't require authentication on local networks in the Plex server settings.  But I still can't get it to work with authentication turned on.  Can you confirm that you have it working with authentication turned on?

Yes, in Plex I have "require authentication on local networks" checked and for "List of networks that are allowed without auth" I have "127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255" (which I think is the default)

In Docker, both PlexMediaServer and plexWatch are set to "host" network type.

My plexWatch/config.php is:

require_once '/var/www/html/plexWatch/includes/functions.php';
$plexWatch['dateFormat'] = 'm/d/Y';
$plexWatch['timeFormat'] = 'g:i a';
$plexWatch['pmsIp'] = 'localhost';
$plexWatch['pmsHttpPort'] = '32400';
$plexWatch['pmsHttpsPort'] = '32443';
$plexWatch['https'] = 'no';
$plexWatch['plexWatchDb'] = '/plexWatch/plexWatch.db';
$plexWatch['myPlexUser'] = '';
$plexWatch['myPlexPass'] = '';
$plexWatch['myPlexAuthToken'] = '';
$plexWatch['globalHistoryGrouping'] = 'no';
$plexWatch['userHistoryGrouping'] = 'no';
$plexWatch['chartsGrouping'] = 'no';

Note that it works without a username/password since plexWatch is connecting to localhost.

Hope it helps!

Hey all.

Can someone please help me understand the permissions here?

I have Drone and NZBGet setup. Once NZBGet finishes a download it leaves it in the download folder, the folder will be nobody:users. Drone can pick that up and it all makes sense and works.

I connect to download directory via Samba with the user daniel and I can't rename the folder, delete it, move it etc. which surprises me. If I chown the a completed download folder to daniel:users I can now manipulate the folder and files which makes sense. I added the user daniel to the nobody group but it still stops me from adjusting the files/folders if they are owned by nobody.

My question, is there something I am doing wrong? Can I adjust this so both NZBGet/Drone and myself can edit files without me having to edit them via ssh/root or is this just the way things work and I cannot fix it?

It did.  Thank you.

I copied your settings to my config.php file and it works now!

I kept making changes to my config.pl file, and not changing the config.php file.

Putting localhost in the config.php file seems to have been the solution.

oh right, config.pl is for plexWatch and config.php is for plexWatchWeb.  Glad you got it working!

Hey all.

I have Drone and NZBGet setup. Once NZBGet finishes a download it leaves it in the download folder, the folder will be nobody:users. Drone can pick that up and it all makes sense and works.

I connect to download directory via Samba with the user daniel and I can't rename the folder, delete it, move it etc. which surprises me. If I chown the a completed download folder to daniel:users I can now manipulate the folder and files which makes sense. I added the user daniel to the nobody group but it still stops me from adjusting the files/folders if they are owned by nobody.

My question, is there something I am doing wrong? Can I adjust this so both NZBGet/Drone and myself can edit files without me having to edit them via ssh/root or is this just the way things work and I cannot fix it?

I eventually gave up on using users in unRAID.  I had the same problems as you describe, and more.  It all went away when I stopped using users in unRAID.

Perhaps one day LimeTech will look into users/permissions and fix this, but until then, life is too short to have to fix permissions on every download :(

Hey all.

I eventually gave up on using users in unRAID.  I had the same problems as you describe, and more.  It all went away when I stopped using users in unRAID.

Perhaps one day LimeTech will look into users/permissions and fix this, but until then, life is too short to have to fix permissions on every download :(

There is no mystery here: files should be 660 (readable and writable to owner and group), and folders should be 770 (executable, readable and writable) by owner and group.

This way, every user can manipulate the created files.

In NZBDrone, go to Settings, Media Management, toggle Advanced Settings to shown, then go to permissions and make these changes:

as8oRgW.png

Save it and you are done.

...In NZBDrone, go to Settings, Media Management, toggle Advanced Settings to shown, then go to permissions and make these changes

Thanks, I've made those changes.

To be honest/fair, my permission issues were related to SAB downloads and SickBeard, before switching to NzbDrone.

In SABnzbd, you should put 0770, since it only takes one variable.

Thanks gfjardim.

I am afraid this doesn't fix the permission problem I have on the NZBGet download folder, thinking of trying this?

http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=835

I really think this is just a problem with unRAID's implementation of user permissions.  If you remove the users from unRAID, I think you'll find your issues go away.

Obviously not a long-term/great/solution, but as a test, it may be helpful.

Thanks gfjardim.

I am afraid this doesn't fix the permission problem I have on the NZBGet download folder, thinking of trying this?

http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=835

I really think this is just a problem with unRAID's implementation of user permissions.  If you remove the users from unRAID, I think you'll find your issues go away.

Obviously not a long-term/great/solution, but as a test, it may be helpful.

You may be right but there are a lot of questions I would have with that setup such as how do you share etc.? Anyway thats really out of the scope of this thread, I appreciate your suggestion though.

I saw others were using gfjardim/transmission container with success.  However, when I start the container transmission does not start.  The logs simply say:

CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)

Any ideas on this?  I'm running it as:

docker run -d -p 9091:9091 --name=transmission -v /mnt/cache/appdata/transmission:/config -v /mnt:/mnt -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro gfjardim/transmission

Here's how I got it to work - below is the xml i am using - after the base image is downloaded and container is built - stop transmission container - go to your install/config folder to edit settings.json file and edit the username and password for your setup, then restart container.

Transmission XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Container>
  <Name>Transmission</Name>
  <Repository>gfjardim/transmission</Repository>
  <BindTime>true</BindTime>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Environment>
    <Variable>
      <Name></Name>
      <Value></Value>
    </Variable>
  </Environment>
  <Networking>
    <Mode>bridge</Mode>
    <Publish>
      <Port>
        <HostPort>9091</HostPort>
        <ContainerPort>9091</ContainerPort>
        <Protocol>tcp</Protocol>
      </Port>
    </Publish>
  </Networking>
  <Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/cache/apps/transmission/</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/config</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/user/_unsorted/</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/downloads</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>
</Container>

portion of settings.json file

"rpc-enabled": true, 
    "rpc-password": "*******", 
    "rpc-port": 9091, 
    "rpc-url": "/transmission/", 
    "rpc-username": "*******", 
    "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1", 
    "rpc-whitelist-enabled": false, 

@ needo - didn't mean to clutter your thread, btw thanks for your work on these docker containers.

Hi Nacat,

Can you please clarify your fix? I installed transmission and got the same error as botez. If I stop the container and go the container folder (presumably under the docker folder on the btfrs drive) I only see 3 files:

config.json

hostconfig.json

hosts

I don't see where the XML file goes, and I don't have the settings.json file you mention.

Could you elaborate a bit further please?