Dynamix - V6 Plugins

12 hours ago, alturismo said:

there is nothing to "fix" as its by design ... if you dont want to see those syslog messages ... and if you would have searched ... you would have found as sample the "enhanced syslog setting" plugin ... where  you can filter events to not show ...

image.png.dae1fefa9d6956daae4e5f46d60adf7e.png

same here, asked already many times in this thread ... lets make it short, no ... only hdd temps are used as base by design, not wanted ... for CPU fans, this should be done in your BIOS and set your curve there.

also imagine how many log entries there would be if your CPU is controlled ... ;)

imagine if they made a setting to quiet the pointless logs, like most other programmers do...

• Upvote 1

Since pool discs temperature is not reported while disks are spinned down and I have System AutoFan tied to discs temperature, the fans are stopping. I need them to be in min rpm while discs are down. Would you consider adding this as a feature (checkbox or something) ?

10 hours ago, KrisMin said:

Since pool discs temperature is not reported while disks are spinned down and I have System AutoFan tied to discs temperature, the fans are stopping. I need them to be in min rpm while discs are down. Would you consider adding this as a feature (checkbox or something) ?

You need to set the "Minimum PWM Value" to something high enough to keep them spinning.  That's how I fixed mine, you might have to play with the value to find what works. 255 is "Max" - 65 works well for my system.

Edited by WackyWRZ
  • Like 1

Somewhere along the lines I lost the percentage next to the RPM in the footer for System Temp.  In the syslog I can see:

autofan: Highest disk temp is 36C, adjusting fan speed from: FULL (100% @ 2492rpm) to: 114 (44% @ 1354rpm)

But in the Unraid footer I see the fan RPM and a 0% next to it all the time.  Any suggestions on what to check for this?  It looks like the system temperature plugin is supposed to pull the percentage from autofan, but it's getting a 0.

Edited by WackyWRZ
On 8/1/2023 at 9:01 PM, WackyWRZ said:

You need to set the "Minimum PWM Value" to something high enough to keep them spinning.  That's how I fixed mine, you might have to play with the value to find what works. 255 is "Max" - 65 works well for my system.

This method is not working for me. When discs spin down, their temperature is not reported and fans stop no matter what min pwm value is set to. This is why I asked for additional "check box" feature.

Edited by KrisMin
9 hours ago, KrisMin said:

This method is not working for me. When discs spin down, their temperature is not reported and fans stop no matter what min pwm value is set to. This is why I asked for additional "check box" feature.

working fine here ...

sample, forced now even disks are down

image.thumb.png.610b596a69349e20ced1d940fd3e5b8d.png

normally off while disks are down

image.thumb.png.fd1915d3b35b238d8c6e9e1a20539d79.png

image.thumb.png.043b04487ce941a20b8c37ad8c329ff4.png

• Like 1
On 3/2/2015 at 8:25 PM, gfjardim said:

Please post the result of this command:

find -L /sys/class/hwmon/ -maxdepth 5 -iname "pwm[0-9]" 2>/dev/null

I know the autofan plugin is still a work in progress and won't detect everything. Can someone confirm if my system should be detectable or not?  I've seen many other posts with people asking pretty much the same thing. I found this quoted post from many years ago, and tried running that find command. It returned nothing.

I have a Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard. It has 3 system fans and 1 CPU fan. I'm running unraid 6.12.3.

image.thumb.png.573988334e30c7db057d3d7db40bd358.png

I also just found out about the pwmconfig command, so I ran it and here are the results:

# pwmconfig version 3.6.0
This program will search your sensors for pulse width modulation (pwm)
controls, and test each one to see if it controls a fan on
your motherboard. Note that many motherboards do not have pwm
circuitry installed, even if your sensor chip supports pwm.

We will attempt to briefly stop each fan using the pwm controls.
The program will attempt to restore each fan to full speed
after testing. However, it is ** very important ** that you
physically verify that the fans have been to full speed
after the program has completed.

/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: There are no pwm-capable sensor modules installed

Edited by Lonewolf147

Hi there,

Just to report an issue with the S3 sleep plugin. I've been using it for a long time with no problems (thanks for all the great work by the way!), but since a recent update (not sure if it's an unraid update, a plugin update or both) the server goes to sleep during array parity checks, which obviously isn't desirable. It doesn't if I disable sleep of course, which is what I currently have to do to allow the parity check to complete.

This happens on my two servers, both with an Asus P8P67 Pro mobo. Unraid is latest stable 6.12.3, plugin is latest 2023.23.23. The plugin is set to sleep after 30 minutes of disk inactivity (it's set to ignore the cache).

My Please let me know if you need more details to reproduce and/or fix.

• Upvote 1

Dynamix Sleep's Array activity detection is completely broken for me right now. I set to monitor activity and counters. But my system keeps going to sleep during a parity scan.   I'm not sure, but I think it may have started after updating to 16.12.2.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Edit: just noticed the same issue being reported above.

Edited by Marc_G2
  • Like 1
On 3/3/2021 at 4:42 PM, Zonediver said:

Its not broken, just "vice versa" 😉

You can fix this.

If the sleep plug-in is active, you can enter all drives (which you want to monitor) under "Monitor disks outside array:"

There is something "the other way around" - but it is working 😉👍

It seems the plugin does not recognise the array correctly (last update from 6.2020)

unraid-log.jpg

unraid-log1.jpg

Hello,

can you modfiy this as a solution?

In Unraid 6.12.3 S3 Sleeping Settings is partially working . Spin down devices and this workaround does not work.

This tool detects network activity and Online Pc / other devices.

grafik.thumb.png.030899394c183b406562df617d8d2b60.png

Edited by Raptor2k
I made a mistake. Ping check and Network activity is working.

Can someone explain like I'm 5 how the Dynamix folder caching plugin would help my system? I think I'm misunderstanding what it's really for. Is it only for when browsing directories or does it actually make the system much faster? Someone mentioned in another search it causes the cpu to use a lot of power. Is this still the case?

14 hours ago, FlyingTexan said:

Is it only for when browsing directories or does it actually make the system much faster?

only for browsing the shares and to avoid spinning up the disks, therefore it scans the structure and tries to keep it in RAM only ...

but depends on many factors, here at least it helped more on some older unraid versions, but meanwhile i dont need it anymore as my system keeps the disks in spindown most likely ... the CPU spikes are at the beginning more, but depending now on how many traffic, changes you have on your HDD array/pools ... it will calm down, so the CPU usage was not really much here at least.

its no file caching etc ... thats done by the linux system itself, only for keeping the file structure in RAM

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, wassereimer said:

After a reboot, the Status of System AutoFan is "Stopped" and it won't start. I manually need to disable it. Then it's running again. After that, I need to enable it again. Newest Unraid and Plugin version.

a solution therefore is posted in the last page(s), may just read a little backwards.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, wassereimer said:

After a reboot, the Status of System AutoFan is "Stopped" and it won't start. I manually need to disable it. Then it's running again. After that, I need to enable it again. Newest Unraid and Plugin version.

chrome_2023-08-14_15-02-22.thumb.png.e96f092f09241c7e57b41b2851afd434.png

from experience, if there is more that 1 config file in the plugin folder this happens. with the plugin stopped, delete them all. then reconfigure the plugin

Edited by spl147
On 7/16/2023 at 12:20 PM, pille said:

Hey there,

I have som issues with the Auto Fan Plugin. I can not find any PWM Controllers. Drop down only says "none". System Temp Plugin works fine. Anyone has an idea how to fix the Fan error?

I do use PWM Fans all attached directly to the mainboard.

M/B:ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H370-A Version Rev 1.xx -

BIOS:American Megatrends Inc. Version 1901. Dated: 02/20/2020

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Best regards :)

Same here with:

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B460M-A , Version Rev 1.xx
American Megatrends Inc., Version 1605

Intel® Core™ i3-10105 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Sensor-Detect:

Intel digital thermal sensor...                             Success!
(driver `coretemp')

Found `Nuvoton NCT6798D Super IO Sensors'                   Success!
(address 0x290, driver `nct6775')

Processor&Mainboard Sonsors are working like a charm...Fan array Sensor is displayed "none" within the System-Temp-Plugin. Consequently the Auto-Fan-Plugin does not work either. 

Same here with:
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B460M-A , Version Rev 1.xx
American Megatrends Inc., Version 1605
Intel Core i3-10105 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Sensor-Detect:
Intel digital thermal sensor...                             Success!
(driver `coretemp')

Found `Nuvoton NCT6798D Super IO Sensors'                   Success!
(address 0x290, driver `nct6775')

Processor&Mainboard Sonsors are working like a charm...Fan array Sensor is displayed "none" within the System-Temp-Plugin. Consequently the Auto-Fan-Plugin does not work either. 

Asus is using WMI for the fan and other sensors.

https://docs.kernel.org/hwmon/asus_wmi_sensors.html
On 8/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, wassereimer said:

chrome_2023-08-14_15-02-22.thumb.png.e96f092f09241c7e57b41b2851afd434.png

I'm having the same problem. Autofan with IT87 driver and after booting the autofan's service is stopped and to restart it I have to apply the plugin's config again from the webui. I could try to manually start the service from a script but it was working fine until very recently and I can't figure what's happening. Even in diagnostic's logs all seems fine and no errors or whatsoever. Any help appreciated .

On 7/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, PicPoc said:

Hi !
I use Dynamix System Stats and it's a really nice program ! thanks.
I wanted to know how change values of bars for discs :
-On a machine I have only one disc and it looks like this :

541750038_1Fin.thumb.png.37164056c187e3fdcbc0aa4743de71c5.png

-I wanted to see bigger like this :

543259534_2Epais.thumb.png.b3d67cc2752f390ad7ced5331928208f.png

Is it possible ?
Thanks !

I'm on unraid v6.9.2.

BUMP...

Bonienl does'nt read this thread : Is the project abandoned ? Can anyone take it back ?
Thanks! ;)